UCONN Riots

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

UCONN Riots

Unread post by OBRAM »

https://twitter.com/justnoogs/status/16 ... 04801?s=20

UConn should change its mascot from Huskies to Animals.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: UCONN Riots

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

certainly there is no place for the destruction but if only our student population had half that enthusiasm, win, lose, or draw.
0 x
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wow
Wonder if persons recording and posting realize that their videos will end up likely getting these guys thrown out of school or at least suspended.
At minimum the guilty parties (or the guilty parties parents) should pay materials and labor and cleanup costs to repair the damage.
Disgusting to damage your own campus, where you live and study - well maybe just live - ignore the study part.

Celebrate? Sure

Destroy school and taxpayers property? Inexcusable.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'm just glad we haven't ever had riots at URI. It would be way worse for events we weren't even directly involved in. /s

Snark aside, I'm surprised this happened at UConn, because it was absolutely predictable. It'll be interesting to see postmortem reporting about what kind of security presence they had on campus to deal with this ahead of time.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Snark, security all that aside....
In this day of cell phone recording and posting on social media there is no place to hide. That's my point.
The people doing this damage should be help accountable and have to pay for the damage - not taxpayers. Clear evidence as to who did this.
In fact, if I'm the parent and my kid is breaking these windows I'm saying who do I write the check to and how much? Just to try and keep my kid from being expelled. Then I get the. Indy I paid the school out of my kid's summer job(s) to pay me back.
Poster child video of exactly egg alcohol and drugs should not be allied on college campuses.

If this happened on the URI campus I'd say exactly the same thing.
0 x