Local college basketball player being investigated by PPD

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Local college basketball player being investigated by PPD

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 year ago RJs sources are telling me that Breed will be thrown off the team and out of school in the next few days, Pierre will be returning to PC (announcement soon), and that transfer Graham Ike will likely visit and commit to PC while here mid-April.
Breed no longer listed on the roster for 23-24.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrhdlF ... U5FkEIozY-

No real loss for PC, they have Floyd, Berry (RS Freshman), and the addition of Fernandez.
I'd say losing Breed is a significant loss for PC. PC Fans are mad about Cooley leaving but now fans and Local Media seem to be acting like all is great for next year.
Hopkins and Carter return - Breed is then the 3rd most minutes of a returning player for next season - significant

Croswell, Locke, Bynam and Moore all gone They represent 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th most minutes on this year's team - gone

Looking at the 2 A10 TOURNAMENT Games that I personally watched consider the play of Oduro and Fernandez in the 2 most important games of the season. Seems PC fans are overrating the potential contributions of Oduro and Fernandez starting off next season.

GMU beat Richmond 62-57
GMU lost to St Louis very badly by 82-54 - 28 points!!
Josh Oduro
Richmond 32min, 5-7 fg, 6-6 ft, 10r, 2a, 16 points
St Louis 34min, 5-13 fg, 5-7 ft, 3r, 5a, 4 to, 15 points. Oduro struggled against the stronger Okoro for St Louis

Justyn Fernandez
Richmond 22min, 3-9 fg, 0-5 3fg, 6-6 ft, 6r, 1a, 6 points
St Louis 19min, 0-3 fg, 0-2 3fg, 2a, 2 to, 0 points Fernandez went 0-7 on 3 FG's for the two A10 Tournament games

MPG
35-Hopkins
32-Carter

29-Croswell
28-Locke
28-Bynam

19-Breed
13-Moore
11-Pierre
10-Floyd
7-Castro
Not saying Breed was bad or didn't contribute, I just feel his minutes and value are very replaceable.
Either by the younger players I mentioned above or any new players that English brings in.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 year ago RJs sources are telling me that Breed will be thrown off the team and out of school in the next few days, Pierre will be returning to PC (announcement soon), and that transfer Graham Ike will likely visit and commit to PC while here mid-April.
Explain to me how the Ike singing makes sense? 3rd big behind Hopkins and Oduro? From PCs angle I guess depth is never a bad thing, just having a hard time understanding why a player of his caliber wants to go be a rotational player
Not sure that Ike will commit, but if he does, I can see him, Oduro, and Hopkins all starting.
I agree, he is way too good to go anywhere and not start.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Of course losing Breed would hurt. Even if he didn't improve one iota this off-season, he was a plus defender who could play emergency PG. That said, what he did is inexcusable, I don't care what transgressions were or you think were done to you. He deserves his due process, but no place for handguns on a college campus.

As for Ike, he does have 3 years left. I believe he played AAU with Carter and they have remained friends, which has created the interest. While there is more competition for minutes this year, he'd certainly have a major path in future seasons. It would certainly be a case of putting team over me. I've heard the only concern for him is Colorado putting out a mega NIL deal. And with Eddy Lampkin seeming to be headed there, might not be as much urgency for that mega deal.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Breed no longer listed on the roster for 23-24.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrhdlF ... U5FkEIozY-

No real loss for PC, they have Floyd, Berry (RS Freshman), and the addition of Fernandez.
I'd say losing Breed is a significant loss for PC. PC Fans are mad about Cooley leaving but now fans and Local Media seem to be acting like all is great for next year.
Hopkins and Carter return - Breed is then the 3rd most minutes of a returning player for next season - significant

Croswell, Locke, Bynam and Moore all gone They represent 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th most minutes on this year's team - gone

Looking at the 2 A10 TOURNAMENT Games that I personally watched consider the play of Oduro and Fernandez in the 2 most important games of the season. Seems PC fans are overrating the potential contributions of Oduro and Fernandez starting off next season.

GMU beat Richmond 62-57
GMU lost to St Louis very badly by 82-54 - 28 points!!
Josh Oduro
Richmond 32min, 5-7 fg, 6-6 ft, 10r, 2a, 16 points
St Louis 34min, 5-13 fg, 5-7 ft, 3r, 5a, 4 to, 15 points. Oduro struggled against the stronger Okoro for St Louis

Justyn Fernandez
Richmond 22min, 3-9 fg, 0-5 3fg, 6-6 ft, 6r, 1a, 6 points
St Louis 19min, 0-3 fg, 0-2 3fg, 2a, 2 to, 0 points Fernandez went 0-7 on 3 FG's for the two A10 Tournament games

MPG
35-Hopkins
32-Carter

29-Croswell
28-Locke
28-Bynam

19-Breed
13-Moore
11-Pierre
10-Floyd
7-Castro
By comparison, our returning player with the 3rd most minutes is Rory Stewart. We lost 1,2,3,4,5 and 7. Not a bad thing for us as lots of minutes to be available for new players.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So Breed is suspended for now , any chance he plays for PC next season or is he done there ??
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

They are going to deny that he ever went to school there.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

reef wrote: 1 year ago So Breed is suspended for now , any chance he plays for PC next season or is he done there ??
The mental hospital has a long history of overlooking criminal offenses of its players, going all the way back to Marvin (Tire Iron) Barnes and Mladen (Five-finger Bargain) Filipan in the early 1970s.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just saw Pierre announced he is coming back to PC , Breeds transgressions probably helped that decision??
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Just saw Pierre announced he is coming back to PC , Breeds transgressions probably helped that decision??
Maybe it's like when it comes to buying houses...never underestimate the power of not having to move.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 1 year ago Just saw Pierre announced he is coming back to PC , Breeds transgressions probably helped that decision??
Not the case - RJ sources indicated the official Pierre announcement was supposed to come yesterday, but was delayed due to the Breed situation.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Times have certainly changed. We have gone from the tire irons of the past to guns today
Imagine if Marvin Barnes were playing today? Or was he ahead of his time and had plenty of guns????
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 year ago
Not the case - RJ sources indicated the official Pierre announcement was supposed to come yesterday, but was delayed due to the Breed situation.
And Coolz was “downsizing” when he sold his house. Snap out of it fella.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Times have certainly changed. We have gone from the tire irons of the past to guns today
Imagine if Marvin Barnes were playing today? Or was he ahead of his time and had plenty of guns????
Well there is a shortage of bus drivers…
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
And Coolz was “downsizing” when he sold his house. Snap out of it fella.
Pierre was going to play major minutes next year whether or not Breed was on the lineup. Pierre is a pure PG. Breed is not.

My sourcing has nailed everything for the last 3 weeks, including the Pierre return, so I'll continue to trust them.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
I saw a report yesterday that he was already being held at the ACI before today's hearing. Isn't it unusual for someone that supposedly doesn't have a previous record not to be released out on bail pending trial?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago
I saw a report yesterday that he was already being held at the ACI before today's hearing. Isn't it unusual for someone that supposedly doesn't have a previous record not to be released out on bail pending trial?
For an offense with a gun, it's not unusual for them to be held instead of getting offered bail, at least when they're before a justice of the peace (i.e. a weekend arraignment). It's more unusual that he's still being held without bail after having a hearing today.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Wonder who's paying her off? And with what? NIL money?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Kid might be innocent.

Just sayin…
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm not sure you can "walk back" saying "he pointed a gun at me".
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Easy solution here: Give PC MBB program the death penalty
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago I saw a report yesterday that he was already being held at the ACI before today's hearing. Isn't it unusual for someone that supposedly doesn't have a previous record not to be released out on bail pending trial?
Could also be an illegally-obtained firearm. That would add to it.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What are the chances Breed plays for PC again ??
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Held Without Bail.....OUCH. The Intake Center should open his eyes a bit.
As to domestic charges, she can try to "walk back" but the State is who pursues domestic charges, not the victim.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I was not there and do not know what to believe so will let this run its course and hope justice is served.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago I saw a report yesterday that he was already being held at the ACI before today's hearing. Isn't it unusual for someone that supposedly doesn't have a previous record not to be released out on bail pending trial?
Could also be an illegally-obtained firearm. That would add to it.
Correct. Unlicensed firearm is one of the charges.

0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

reef wrote: 1 year ago What are the chances Breed plays for PC again ??
Not much, even if he’s cleared, he really needs a change of scenery for his own good.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

girlfriend is 33 years old!!!
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I could have another you in a minute.
And in fact, he'll be here in a minute, baaayyy-beehh
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Boy, Cooley got out of town just in time, eh?

Something tells me he knew something(s) we don't about this team.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Boy, Cooley got out of town just in time, eh?

Apparently you aren't tuned into the local rumor mill... The only thing Cooley was running from was the mistress. I have that well-sourced. I have friends in law enforcement who shared the "caught with the mistress" story with me. I don't know where the other part of Mrs. Cooley saying "We are leaving or it's a public divorce" came from, but I absolutely believe the mistress story, so I would say I believe it's more likely than not she gave him an ultimatum.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It's a coincidence then, for sure. Great timing.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Love triangle, going to get his things, caught her with another man, became very angry, pointed the gun at her, broke a vase of flowers that her new man gave her. At least that is what channel 10 is reporting.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Boy, Cooley got out of town just in time, eh?

Apparently you aren't tuned into the local rumor mill... The only thing Cooley was running from was the mistress. I have that well-sourced. I have friends in law enforcement who shared the "caught with the mistress" story with me. I don't know where the other part of Mrs. Cooley saying "We are leaving or it's a public divorce" came from, but I absolutely believe the mistress story, so I would say I believe it's more likely than not she gave him an ultimatum.
The hole in that story is the direct line from being caught with girl to wife allegedly telling him I’m leaving. He then can go conjure up the Gtown job conveniently. While I don’t dispute the claims there was stuff going on it just doesn’t go down like that. I’m sure it was a building situation and also sure he was making moves to get out all season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago What are the chances Breed plays for PC again ??
Same as Ant playing here?
0 x
class of 86
Michael Andersen

Unread post by class of 86 »

It's amazing about the way the local stations are covering these stories . What the sports department has been glorifying the news department is crucifying
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Funny, we were just talking about this in this thread. Scummy Dave Gavitt is mentioned.

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/50-yea ... LwsTB0kB7Q
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I recently read a book on Marvin Barnes , he threw it all away
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Imagine how scared the guy who was in bed with Winant was? Yikes!

https://thesportsgrail.com/who-is-krist ... o-and-age/
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

She bought a car for him to use?

NIL?
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Imagine how scared the guy who was in bed with Winant was? Yikes!

It's a good thing it wasn't a new recruit... as far as we know.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Imagine how scared the guy who was in bed with Winant was? Yikes!

Jesus, whomever was in the sack with Winant must have high tailed it outta there for sure !!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

He must have Alec Baldwin’s lawyer
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Or, his attorney is from that famous firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.
2 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

PC is holding Breed’s scholarship at the moment. I don’t know what happened, and no one really does for sure. But one thing I do know is that the story has changed a number of times. I am very glad that he is being allowed due process by the admin and staff. And I don’t even mean that in a basketball sense because I actually think there can be far better uses of his scholarship.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

PCFriars wrote: 1 year ago PC is holding Breed’s scholarship at the moment. I don’t know what happened, and no one really does for sure. But one thing I do know is that the story has changed a number of times. I am very glad that he is being allowed due process by the admin and staff. And I don’t even mean that in a basketball sense because I actually think there can be far better uses of his scholarship.
Lawyers, guns and money…and mistresses.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
PCFriars wrote: 1 year ago PC is holding Breed’s scholarship at the moment. I don’t know what happened, and no one really does for sure. But one thing I do know is that the story has changed a number of times. I am very glad that he is being allowed due process by the admin and staff. And I don’t even mean that in a basketball sense because I actually think there can be far better uses of his scholarship.
Lawyers, guns and money…and mistresses.
Someone knows for sure what happened - not "nobody really knows".

My money is on Breed playing next season for PC.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

All I know is that I'd be embarrassed if URI ever considered bringing back a scumbag like this to the roster.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL