General Visits/transfer recruiting

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Re: General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by CamsRams »

Jourdain commits to Memphis.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Jourdain commits to Memphis.
Wait, so you're telling me Jordain is good enough to play for an NCAA tournament team in Memphis, but not good enough to play here because he only averaged 6 points and it doesn't "move the needle" or get us an ESPN article?
1 x
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Wait, so you're telling me Jordain is good enough to play for an NCAA tournament team in Memphis, but not good enough to play here because he only averaged 6 points and it doesn't "move the needle" or get us an ESPN article?
Yeah man he’s isn’t averaging 15 pts / 8 rebounds and would be a bench player @blueram
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

So much shade and I am here for it.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This from the guy who said I wouldn't like the Hutchinson signing because he wasn't a 4* recruit. LOL.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
This from the guy who said I wouldn't like the Hutchinson signing because he wasn't a 4* recruit. LOL.
The premise is still the same. I did a search of this site for the term "top 100" by your username and got 265 results. You've made your stance very clear.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Coming from you who said I don’t want to be involved unless they have 15/8 and if they don’t I need to rethink Archie’s staff or they deserves to be on the bench
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago

Coming from you who said I don’t want to be involved unless they have 15/8 and if they don’t I need to rethink Archie’s staff or they deserves to be on the bench
Got that right. Why do you think we have like 100% roster turnover? It's not rocket surgery.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Got that right. Why do you think we have like 100% roster turnover? It's not rocket surgery.
Two words

David Cox
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

The premise is still the same. I did a search of this site for the term "top 100" by your username and got 265 results. You've made your stance very clear.
LOL. I've made almost 10,000 posts on this site and 265 have Top 100? I better get to work. I obviously have been slacking on my push for top 100 recruits.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Memphis an NCAAT team? Maybe this year but not next year. The team this year consisted of 5 5th year seniors, 3 Redshirt Seniors, 3 Seniors and 1 each Fr, Soph and Jr. And they lost 1st round LOL.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Memphis an NCAAT team? Maybe this year but not next year. The team this year consisted of 5 5th year seniors, 3 Redshirt Seniors, 3 Seniors and 1 each Fr, Soph and Jr. And they lost 1st round LOL.
…you really trying to shit on the Memphis program after our last three years and where we currently are?

Memphis’ last three years includes two NCAA appearances, one win, and an NIT title.

And don’t act like an NIT title is completely meaningless because it’s not.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

…you really trying to shit on the Memphis program after our last three years and where we currently are?

Memphis’ last three years includes two NCAA appearances, one win, and an NIT title.

I'll shit on any program I feel like.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'll shit on any program I feel like.
Lol what a hardo you are.

Keep shitting on programs better than us, keep thinking we’re a blueblood, keep thinking we should regularly be getting 4* star kids, and keep being an oblivious fan.

You do you.
0 x
Go Rhody
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Amazing to throw shade on a team that lost at the buzzer to a team now in the final four. Memphis was a very good team and is a good college basketball town. I would not want to live there but it is has a good basketball game atmosphere and is a worlds better program than we are. With the portal, they could rebuild that roster and be right back in the NCAA's.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

4Diffs wrote: 1 year ago

Amazing to throw shade on a team that lost at the buzzer to a team now in the final four. Memphis was a very good team and is a good college basketball town. I would not want to live there but it is has a good basketball game atmosphere and is a worlds better program than we are. With the portal, they could rebuild that roster and be right back in the NCAA's.
More throwing shade to piss off the friarfan15 than anything else.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Blue ram is the type of dude who jacks off to himself in the mirror every night
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Blue ram is the type of dude who jacks off to himself in the mirror every night
That would be 15. Now Dinko is getting near friarfan15 status.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Memphis is a team that is consistently loaded with talent that is under performing expectations. I would expect Memphis to be a 20 win squad, as they always are under Penny, but likely to fade when the going gets tough. I didn't watch much Memphis this year (or any year) but they showed they could not handle adversity in R1 against FAU. Constant bitching and moaning between teammates at any stoppage, no semblance of team or unity, just a team that has accumulated talent but has no idea how to maximize talent. I've been unimpressed with Hardaway since he got to Memphis. You can pencil his Memphis team in for 20 wins in a mediocre conference but undoubtedly a team that can't handle adversity and I would be shocked if they ever made a deep tournament run.
Last edited by STC 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Blue ram is the type of dude who jacks off to himself in the mirror every night
You call him that cuz he doesn’t agree w you, rent free
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

STC wrote: 1 year ago Memphis is a team that is consistently loaded with talent that is under performing expectations. I would expect Memphis to be a 20 win squad, as they always are under Penny, but likely to fade when the going gets tough. I didn't watch much Memphis this year (or any year) but they showed they could not handle adversity in R1 against FAU. Constant bitch and moaning between teammates at any stoppage, no semblance of team or unity, just a team that has accumulated talent but has no idea how to maximize talent. I've been unimpressed with Hardaway since he got to Memphis. You can pencil his Memphis team in for 20 wins in a mediocre conference but undoubtedly a team that can't handle adversity and I would be shocked if they ever made a deep tournament run.
That’s what happens when you have a lot of 4*/5* freshman, plus an All-American PG in Kendric Davis plus other high profile transfers
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That’s what happens when you hire an NBA player and local icon as your coach. You will get talent. But if you can’t coach it won’t matter.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 1 year ago Memphis is a team that is consistently loaded with talent that is under performing expectations. I would expect Memphis to be a 20 win squad, as they always are under Penny, but likely to fade when the going gets tough. I didn't watch much Memphis this year (or any year) but they showed they could not handle adversity in R1 against FAU. Constant bitch and moaning between teammates at any stoppage, no semblance of team or unity, just a team that has accumulated talent but has no idea how to maximize talent. I've been unimpressed with Hardaway since he got to Memphis. You can pencil his Memphis team in for 20 wins in a mediocre conference but undoubtedly a team that can't handle adversity and I would be shocked if they ever made a deep tournament run.
That’s what happens when you have a lot of 4*/5* freshman, plus an All-American PG in Kendric Davis plus other high profile transfers
Did you not read my other post? Memphis had 11 seniors on the team this year. They had 1, yup, just 1, freshman. Stop making shit up.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Did you not read my other post? Memphis had 11 seniors on the team this year. They had 1, yup, just 1, freshman. Stop making shit up.
Referring to STC not yours, stop being a Fucking prick you Fucking loser get off the board you retard no one fucking cares loser

Mods put him in timeout
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATP, SG, TP, I think Dino needs a timeout. Clearly lost his mind.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You call him that cuz he doesn’t agree w you, rent free
Bingo.

Everyone here who doesn’t agree with me calls me a PC fan.

I laugh every time.
0 x
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago ATP, SG, TP, I think Dino needs a timeout. Clearly lost his mind.
You lost yours lol at least I don’t go into multiple threads attacking me
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Can we get this thread back to visits/transfer recruiting?
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago ATP, SG, TP, I think Dino needs a timeout. Clearly lost his mind.
Hey we are all friends here. No need to get nasty. Meet me in the Alumni lounge next season, I'll buy you a beer.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Can we get this thread back to visits/transfer recruiting?
I expect Rivera to commit soon, Lou transferring rn makes way too much sense, unless someone else is who We’ve never heard of does, would be way too odd if nothing happens this weekend imho
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Hey we are all friends here. No need to get nasty. Meet me in the Alumni lounge next season, I'll buy you a beer.
I’ll drink to that
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Does this dead period affect transfers? Or is it just high school players?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

No clue thought it did, but then at the same time plenty of kids have committed today so I thought it did but I have no clue
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Sorry, an NIT title is meaningless
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Referring to STC not yours, stop being a Fucking prick you Fucking loser get off the board you retard no one fucking cares loser

Mods put him in timeout
Real fucking classy asshole. I don't have a single problem with swearing, but putting shit like that? Fuck you
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Does this dead period affect transfers? Or is it just high school players?
Billy in your response to this I found this tweet so it does affect transfers

0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

* insert SpongeBob waiting meme *

All of us waiting for the next recruit to commit
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

House.

Any interest in Jared Bynum as a one year rental grad student? He passes the "could start at VCU, SLU, Dayton" test.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago House.

Any interest in Jared Bynum as a one year rental grad student? He passes the "could start at VCU, SLU, Dayton" test.
Nope
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ok, just checking
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Feeling confident now! Is Pride next? Would we take Minor and Rivera or just one or the other?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Two words

David Cox
I thought Cox was gone for over a year now? This sounds like Biden blaming Trump for the current economy . I’m
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago

Two words

David Cox
I thought Cox was gone for over a year now? This sounds like Biden blaming Trump for the current economy . I’m
He has but with Cox’s players getting decent minutes on our worst team in ten years it’s pretty obvious Archie had to get rid of them (minus ish) to return us to our glory, a lot of people were right if 4 of the five starters were Cox’s players we’d have a miserable season and here we are the next offseason
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cox was the worst , went from a guy who’s going to coach for a Natty to a Div 1 assistant, thank god we are in a much better place
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Cox was the worst , went from a guy who’s going to coach for a Natty to a Div 1 assistant, thank god we are in a much better place
NO ARGUMENT!
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Two words

David Cox
He has but with Cox’s players getting decent minutes on our worst team in ten years it’s pretty obvious Archie had to get rid of them (minus ish) to return us to our glory, a lot of people were right if 4 of the five starters were Cox’s players we’d have a miserable season and here we are the next offseason
I understand that Archie and staff had a tough transition from no program to poach from his last job combined with a year out of the system.

Not withstanding this, , Archie and staff did a sub par job in their first year in building a team. The Cox players that Archie chose to keep or the new players he recruited were still Archie’s responsibility, not Cox.

It concerns me that there are apparently, no ex players, ex family members or connections that Archie has been successful in using to garner players we want. Does he have any loyalty from his previous experiences that translate into a recruiting positive?

We are all anxiously waiting for this year recruiting results.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hopefully we will get at least a couple starter quality players through the stealth route.

Because I'm not impressed right now with the level of player we seem to be involved with.

The vibes aren't good imo.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Two words

David Cox
We all agree that Cox was a terrible coach and Archie is a million times better in terms of X’s and O’s, but he definitely deserves some blame for the players that he brought in last year. He doesn’t deserve a lifetime pass with Cox attached. He needs shooters and a PG or the rebuild isn’t going to get going. If he has a plan that all players love and want to come here then he would keep Ish.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago

Two words

David Cox
We all agree that Cox was a terrible coach and Archie is a million times better in terms of X’s and O’s, but he definitely deserves some blame for the players that he brought in last year. He doesn’t deserve a lifetime pass with Cox attached. He needs shooters and a PG or the rebuild isn’t going to get going. If he has a plan that all players love and want to come here then he would keep Ish.
0 x