22’ New Zealand F KC Nwafor (URI Verbal Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Ramfan22
ARD

Re: 22’ New Zealand F KC Nwafor (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
I think we all saw this coming 😂
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
I think we all saw this coming 😂
To be honest I didn't
Seems strange that he would de-commit now when we have had so many just recently entering the portal.
If he was going to de-commit I'd have thought he would have done so months ago - not when transfer portal is about to go bonkers again. I mean why in the world would you wait until now?

The days of a roster being fixed by April for the next season are long gone.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I thought this happened months ago but I guess it's official now. Not a surprise at all. This team needs immediate impact players. Not another project.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

KC we hardly knew ya !!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I thought this happened months ago but I guess it's official now. Not a surprise at all. This team needs immediate impact players. Not another project.
Makes sense that it would have happened months ago. Would also make sense that he would already be signed. To be end of March and not be committed seems strange. Will be interesting to see where he lands, if anywhere.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I thought this happened months ago but I guess it's official now. Not a surprise at all. This team needs immediate impact players. Not another project.
Makes sense that it would have happened months ago. Would also make sense that he would already be signed. To be end of March and not be committed seems strange. Will be interesting to see where he lands, if anywhere.
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes juco.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Vault is on it
ECA83585-ECB7-4E19-B9C4-4DD43A47866C.jpeg
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Of course the Vault is tweeting on our decom’s. He’s grinding his ax.

Btw, has he also tweeted on the PC decom’s too ?

Does anyone here know if he has or hasn’t ? Curious as I am not on Twitter.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes juco.
Yep, I was thinking the same. Or low major.
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Lol barstool Rhody disappointed as well
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Backroads wrote: 1 year ago

The current person who runs Barstool Rhody overreacts over everything. I think the majority of the Rhode Island fanbase had no idea this guy was committed.
4 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
Backroads wrote: 1 year ago

The current person who runs Barstool Rhody overreacts over everything. I think the majority of the Rhode Island fanbase had no idea this guy was committed.
Whoever runs it is a casual fan. Example right here. We don’t know anything about next season until we know the new guys we’re getting.

2 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Rhody doesn’t need a major project. Good to cut ties here. We need some stud recruits to sign up.
2 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago Rhody doesn’t need a major project. Good to cut ties here. We need some stud recruits to sign up.
So why do you think we signed up for him (a major project) in the first place? And why wait so long to drop him? What changed?
Not saying you know the answer.
But I'll trust the coaching staff to build a 1st tier A10 team.

Just a couple months ago it was build only for the future, long term. No 1 or 2 year players
Now that philosophy seems to have changed.

But either way just get our team to Top Tier with Dayton, VCU and St Louis which is where Hurley left the program.

How Miller and staff do it it what we are paying $1.8million plus Staff salaries for.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I imagine when Archie thought he had Ant and Bray (plus the addition of Weston) locked in last year, he could bring in a high risk/high reward type player. Someone who wouldn’t demand minutes, but could develop over time. Kentucky did that with Toppin and it worked out pretty well by Sr. Year.

With the construct of the current team today, we’re not there. We need impact players. No projects. Just my thought.
3 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Yep
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Sometimes when you buy stuff with Amazon Prime on payday, you find out a week later that the $80 thing you were expecting got "lost in the mail" and isn't showing up. Then you cancel the transaction and use the $80 refund to buy something completely different that you don't need but gotta have, because in your mind, it's "money already spent" or "house money"
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hardly think this year's roster had any room to bring in "projects." Would have been better off bringing in solid players, take project risks later on in the coming years.
The theory may be correct but doesn't make much sense in this talent deficient environment.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Hardly think this year's roster had any room to bring in "projects." Would have been better off bringing in solid players, take project risks later on in the coming years.
The theory may be correct but doesn't make much sense in this talent deficient environment.
I think we'll know after this year's class of HS recruits and transfers (2023-24) whether Miller's 2022-23 recruits were because they were undeclared and had a pulse, and he was out of the game for a year; or if it's because he's having legitimate issues navigating HS and transfer recruiting now. I think and hope it is more the latter than the former.
0 x