3/23 | WBB – Harvard | 7:00PM (ESPN3) | NIT Super 16

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 3/23 | WBB – Harvard | 7:00PM (ESPN3) | NIT Super 16

Unread post by PeteRI »

3 minutes in and neither team has scored.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

4 minutes and nobody's scored.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Mullaney is a baller.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

5 for 11 from the line.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

We've scored 2 points in this quarter. 💩
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Offense is totally out of synch. MHC missed a beautiful pass on an ATO.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Our two centers have a combined 10 turnovers. Can't win like that.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Someone who doesn't shoot 3s just nailed one and we're down by 7 with 2:38 to go
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

13-2 run for Harvard. We've scored FOUR points in this quarter.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

GAME OVER 😓
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Helluva season by our Lady Rams. Hate to lose to Hah- vahd. They already rule the world. Why can't they let our little state U enjoy a little something?
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Lights out at line by Harvard.

Great season for Rhody. Bright Future.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Not bad for a rebuilding year
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago Not bad for a rebuilding year
Impressive "rebuilding year" for sure.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Feels more like a transition year, than a rebuilding year.

So proud of this team. I really feel like home court advantage was the difference at the end. Hopefully the next time we play Harvard it can be at the Ryan.
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Desperately need a point guard to take this team to the next level.
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Great job by Tammi putting together an NIT team in what should have been a rebuilding year. Three one year transfers deservedly started and provided leadership for a young group of returnees. A real shout-out to two returnees who really improved their game this season; Maye Toure and Sophie Phillips. Maye was a force inside all season and earned her awards this season. It is rare that you have a player coming off the bench as Sophie did and be the player opponents feared the most. Sophie's sharp shooting AND relentless movement on offense forced opponents to guard her with one of their best players and Sophie wore them out. This setup many late game come backs because of our roster depth.

Harvard was a better team, but not by much. Our team far exceeded expectations. Congratulations for a great and memorable season.
4 x
NCAAs or Bust!
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Came here to post about watching the game last night, and how it sucks the way we lost at the end of the game after being up.

BUT

Now I see what might be the best post by 72 I've ever seen. Clear, concise, relevant, clear headed, actually added to the conversation appropriately. Is it possible that whoever 72 actually is, that they're not a troll? I feel like I have to leave work, go back home and get in bed because nothing seems right in the world now.
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

The rare “even a broken clock is right twice a day” moment. Good post R72. If only the rest of your posts weren’t obvious trolling.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

lol.

I couldn't find anything to disagree with what 72 said. Both Toure and Phillips had back to back great games. I only hope everyone stays put. The loss of the four grad students will be tough, but they could foreseeably keep this going and put together another season that goes deep into March next year.

Seems interesting that this upcoming year, Archie will probably be the one that needs the service of 4 grad students. I wonder if Tammi will continue that trend with at least a pair of them. Toure will be a senior, but you can never seemingly have enough experience and leadership on the floor in this game.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago Came here to post about watching the game last night, and how it sucks the way we lost at the end of the game after being up.

BUT

Now I see what might be the best post by 72 I've ever seen. Clear, concise, relevant, clear headed, actually added to the conversation appropriately. Is it possible that whoever 72 actually is, that they're not a troll? I feel like I have to leave work, go back home and get in bed because nothing seems right in the world now.
They throw in a lucid, reasonable post from time to time, to throw everyone else off the scent. Their act is less typical Internet troll, and more Shaughnessy-style, knee jerk opposition to whatever the majority opinion might be.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Desperately need a point guard to take this team to the next level.

Like the current PG off bench, freshman? Maybe need a few more points from her.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Desperately need a point guard to take this team to the next level.

Like the current PG off bench, freshman? Maybe need a few more points from her.
Incoming Freshmen 2023-24

Sophia Vital
5' 5 | Guard | Chelsea, Mass. | Tabor Academy
Led Tabor Academy in assists and rebounds… Averaged 10 assists, 7 rebounds, and 8 points per game… Named NEPSAC MVP at Tabor Academy her junior season… Tabor Academy AA NEPSAC Champions… Named Dual County League MVP in 2018-19 at Cambridge… Played for the Bay State Jaguars in the Under Armour League of the AAU

Tammi Reiss on Sophia: "BIG SOPH is a true PG that is a natural born leader! Her biggest asset is that she has eyes in the back of her head and is an amazing passer. She makes everyone around her better. I would have loved to play with her! She has that confidence and swag that I love in my PG's. She is my baby "Magic".
3 x
Trousers 2
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Trousers 2 »

Don’t understand when your down points one of the best shooters on the team is sitting on the bench. I get it can’t take Sophie out but sub her for somebody else. You need points
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

My favorite URI basketball player of all-time was a West Warwick Wizard and it wasn't Tommy Garrick. Rhody tough!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago Came here to post about watching the game last night, and how it sucks the way we lost at the end of the game after being up.

BUT

They throw in a lucid, reasonable post from time to time, to throw everyone else off the scent. Their act is less typical Internet troll, and more Shaughnessy-style, knee jerk opposition to whatever the majority opinion might be.
SG, by “they” and “their” do you mean multiple posters or individual with multiple personalities posting ?

Asking for a friends (emphasis on friends). :lol:

Just joking with ya, 72’s.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago My favorite URI basketball player of all-time was a West Warwick Wizard and it wasn't Tommy Garrick. Rhody tough!
Who would that be Rhody72?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

BUT

SG, by “they” and “their” do you mean multiple posters or individual with multiple personalities posting ?

Actually Rhody72 has been posting on the WBB for a long time.
Long time poster. Definitely not a troll.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

BUT

No clue what their gender is, hence the usage of "they" and "their."
2 x