What I learned tonight……..

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: What I learned tonight……..

Unread post by reef »

I still believe in Archie he will win big @ URI unfortunately it may take a little time
4 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Define 'a little'
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

This is the moment that Hurley was able to convince recruits that something special was about to happen. Can Archie do that and steal a couple of transfers?
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago This is the moment that Hurley was able to convince recruits that something special was about to happen. Can Archie do that and steal a couple of transfers?
Iggy I understand the transfers are a big part nowadays, but can Archie land us a top freshman or two next fall for 24'? That would be a major statement going forward.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago This is the moment that Hurley was able to convince recruits that something special was about to happen. Can Archie do that and steal a couple of transfers?
Iggy I understand the transfers are a big part nowadays, but can Archie land us a top freshman or two next fall for 24'? That would be a major statement going forward.
I’m curious, are you waiting on Archie to deliver some blue chip top 100 kids in November to see if we’re headed in the right direction?

Just to confirm: You want 4*, blue chip top 100 freshman signed in October?
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
I’m curious, are you waiting on Archie to deliver some blue chip top 100 kids in November to see if we’re headed in the right direction?

That is correct. Like EC and Jared.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Yes, absolutely, asap
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I agree that Archie needs to win a battle for someone coveted. And punch above the weight of our previous season. Just like Dan did. Talent wins. I however disagree that the only example of that is a traditional high school kid in the early signing period. It can come from anywhere but we need a talent upgrade and Archie and his staff have to pull in some over the next 2-3 month period.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That is correct. Like EC and Jared.

Gotcha ok, just wanted to double check after your 836 posts about it.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago I agree that Archie needs to win a battle for someone coveted. And punch above the weight of our previous season. Just like Dan did. Talent wins. I however disagree that the only example of that is a traditional high school kid in the early signing period. It can come from anywhere but we need a talent upgrade and Archie and his staff have to pull in some over the next 2-3 month period.
I just question when everyone is talking about a Seton Hall transfer might come here because Woodward recruited him. Who is he recruiting to come to URI and sign in the fall?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Eh yeah it would be nice, but whether or not we get some high level freshmen recruits to come to our 9-22 team doesn't matter nearly as much landing some impact transfers and winning now.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Eh yeah it would be nice, but whether or not we get some high level freshmen recruits to come to our 9-22 team doesn't matter nearly as much landing some impact transfers and winning now.
Hurley signed EC and Hass in October after he took over in March from a 7-24 team. He signed Jared the next year. Don't sell yourself short of what it takes to win.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Hurley signed EC and Hass in October after he took over in March from a 7-24 team. He signed Jared the next year. Don't sell yourself short of what it takes to win.
There's no selling anything short. Every freshman we are recruiting has P6 offers.

It's just weird to be solely fixated on 2024 recruiting.

We can get an EC, JT or Has right now! It's Portal season baby!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

There's no selling anything short. Every freshman we are recruiting has P6 offers.

PRT, that's just the benchmark I set for myself. You don't have to agree with it. By next fall, the transfers will be signed, and I want to see who we recruit. That's all. I'll see where things are in the fall.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I think the next 2-3 weeks are critical for getting transfers. This where the recruiting the last year will either pay off or not.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Need an EC, JT AND a Hass right now, not "or"......
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The chances that Archie will land freshman recruits that are major impact from the get go, are slim to none...and slim just left town. In the history of our program, how often has that happened?

We dont get ready made freshmen. The transfer portal will be by far the only way we get good sooner rather than later.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago The chances that Archie will land freshman recruits that are major impact from the get go, are slim to none...and slim just left town. In the history of our program, how often has that happened?

We dont get ready made freshmen. The transfer portal will be by far the only way we get good sooner rather than later.
Bone, Hurley landed 2 top 100 4* players just a couple years ago. Has everyone's expectations dropped? Mine hasn't.
2 x
KeaneyTheChemist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by KeaneyTheChemist »

Rest assured, Archie is the next Hurley. He will sign both a 6'7'' shotblocker and a talented point guard this offseason and will lead the 2033 Uconn Huskies as the #4 seed in the NCAAT.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago The chances that Archie will land freshman recruits that are major impact from the get go, are slim to none...and slim just left town. In the history of our program, how often has that happened?

Bone, Hurley landed 2 top 100 4* players just a couple years ago. Has everyone's expectations dropped? Mine hasn't.
Unfortunately, the entire landscape of college basketball has changed dramatically even since Dan was here.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

They committed more than a decade ago at this point. If you want to feel old as hell, here is Martin's recruitment thread. I still think Miller is going to attract players and transfers of that quality, though. More than half of 247 Sports' Top 150 for the class of 2024 is still unsigned, so there are players out there.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

They committed more than a decade ago at this point. If you want to feel old as hell, here is Martin's recruitment thread. I still think Miller is going to attract players and transfers of that quality, though. More than half of 247 Sports' Top 150 for the class of 2024 is still unsigned, so there are players out there.
Holy shit, it really was 10 f’n years ago…
1 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Unfortunately, the entire landscape of college basketball has changed dramatically even since Dan was here.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking and now it’s really hard to compare DHs rebuild to Arch rebuild in this new NIL transfers college hoops
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Repeat after me

I will not rely on FR to be impact players in my outlook for next season

I will not rely on FR to be impact players in my outlook for next season
Unless they choose Rhody over Duke!
0 x