3/7 | La Salle | 4:30PM (ESPN+) | A10 First Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/7 | La Salle | 4:30PM (ESPN+) | A10 First Round

Unread post by theblueram »

Can't defend much either lol.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

spookydog wrote: 1 year ago Malik has 7 rebounds which gives him 650 for his career. Trying to find the bright side of this game.
He wasn't the best player we've ever had but there haven't been a lot who have played harder

Will always love Malik and the way he's playing today is the perfect representation of why
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago I'm hoping Archie gets some players next year. This team can't shoot.
It's really weird how bad the offense is for a D-1 "mid major" team.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Down 11 Under 4

It’s almost over ladies and gents , let’s get a major talent infusion in here Arch !!
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

There’s like 5 pieces that I’d like to see return next year. I wouldn’t mind a complete restart on the rest.

This is a pretty sad and embarrassing way to go out. I have higher hopes for next year.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago I'm hoping Archie gets some players next year. This team can't shoot.
Or rebound, or defend position and off ball rotations, etc, etc, the list is longer, but we all know the deficiencies, hiding in clear site. No to next season.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
spookydog wrote: 1 year ago Malik has 7 rebounds which gives him 650 for his career. Trying to find the bright side of this game.
He wasn't the best player we've ever had but there haven't been a lot who have played harder

Will always love Malik and the way he's playing today is the perfect representation of why
Well said PRT
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Start the bus.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago There’s like 5 pieces that I’d like to see return next year. I wouldn’t mind a complete restart on the rest.

This is a pretty sad and embarrassing way to go out. I have higher hopes for next year.
5 @ most and let’s hope the 5 or 6 newbies are really talented
1 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

They’re making a reboot of Edward Scissorhands starring Jalen Carey.
2 x
'No Mercy.'
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

What happened to Jalen Carey's game??

/
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Bye Carey! Won’t be hard upgrading your spot on the team lol
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Terrible. End it!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I’m struggling to rank my disappointments this game:

1) Ish 2) free throws

Everything else I kind of expected. Ugh. See you next year.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Perfect end to Carey’s career with a badly missed step back 3
2 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Fuck La Salle poverty ass school
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago For the people who actually truly thought we could win three games into the semis, was that “fun” actually thinking that? There’s no way right?

So many people live in fantasy land it’s insane.

I thought I was crazy optimistic years ago, but people here are on another level.
Two of the funniest thing I've read today.

1. You said you have the same brain as one of the nicest most respectful people on here in Jersey. Someone that tries to have a positive outlook about this team and recruits. Which is the complete opposite of you.

2. You just called yourself optimistic? Is bashing Jermaine Harris 24/7 being optimistic?
Thanks Stevey, I try to be a little considerate and keep it real.

Some here just need to tone down the criticism and be a little less harsh in their approach.
Maybe agree to disagree but in a more diplomatic manner.

Yeah, this season has been ugly for sure, but since I didn't have any expectations, I have moved on.

Again, I will stick to my final thoughts regarding this season on my earlier post in a different thread.

Next year I will hold Archie and this staff to a much higher standard.

We are all huge fans here and want the same results.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
9 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Here's to hoping we can all look back at this season in a couple years and laugh!
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Just the worst outcome I would have expected. No growth at all. Dealer, I'll take 13.
4 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Finally out of pain.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Here's to hoping we can all look back at this season in a couple years and laugh!
"Hey boys, remember when we couldn't make wide open lay ups and jump shots? BAHAHAH"
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Can someone show me what they see in Hutch, his attitude and personality seam great, just haven’t seen a lot in his game since the Stony Brook, but at the same time he’s been benched most of it, He’d be Weston’s backup next year technically and he needs to work on his game ALOT
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Can someone show me what they see in Hutch, his attitude and personality seam great, just haven’t seen a lot in his game since the Stony Brook, but at the same time he’s been benched most of it, He’d be Weston’s backup next year technically and he needs to work on his game ALOT
Nothing? What does anyone see in anyone on this team?
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Thank you for ending our misery
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

See you all in November !
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I forgot who said it but if Tchikou is on the fence about transferring because he’s worried he should be, from a small sample Archie is going to hit the portal hard for a transfer big, I haven’t seen him make one post move at all this year and I still wonder how he’s considered a four….

Just me venting
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Can someone show me what they see in Hutch, his attitude and personality seam great, just haven’t seen a lot in his game since the Stony Brook, but at the same time he’s been benched most of it, He’d be Weston’s backup next year technically and he needs to work on his game ALOT
Nothing? What does anyone see in anyone on this team?
Careful you’ll get yelled at.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

When you have 1 star and that guy goes 4-19 a bad team is going to look even worse. Real tough one for Ish and he had quite a few clean looks in this one.

Their guards dominated us.

Off-season wishlist remains unchanged:
1 legit A10 level PG
2 scoring guards/wings
1 scoring and rebounding PF

Need all of the above to feel better heading into next year.
I don’t expect the 2 FR to occupy any of those spots so if they overdeliver it’s gravy. Not a knock on them just don’t expect much out of A10 FR.
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago When you have 1 star and that guy goes 4-19 a bad team is going to look even worse. Real tough one for Ish and he had quite a few clean looks in this one.

1 legit A10 level PG
2 scoring guards/wings

I don’t expect the 2 FR to occupy any of those spots so if they overdeliver it’s gravy. Not a knock on them just don’t expect much out of A10 FR.
Did you feel comfortable with our 5 position. Bilou coming off an injury and Frenchie and Foumena ?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Goodbye, Malik. One of the hardest-working players we have had at Rhody. Awesome kid!

Carey had ups and downs, but he did well in his senior year. I wish him well.

We will have a lot of new faces next year. This year was a big letdown. Yes, most of us had low expectations, but I expected to have some younger pieces that we would be more excited about. Some showed random flashes, but no one took over and started looking like sophomores, as many freshmen do late in their first season. I still think Weston will be the best player out of the young guys we brought in.

Archie's coaching was fresh air compared to the last few seasons. He's a very strong in-game coach. His recruiting was not. Some of it was bad luck with losing Harris, Bray, Bilau, and whatever happened with Foumena. But, we did not bring in a good enough class.

This is one of the most important offseasons in a long time. We can't miss out on our top targets this year again. We can't finish at the bottom of the A10 next year and assume we will start landing better players. This is the time to do it. I'm assuming Archie and the staff will preach to the recruits that they are going to be the ones the bring this program back on top. They will have a chance to be legends like EC, JT, Jeff etc... and, of course. NILs are very important.

We need a few immediate-impact players.

I'm excited for Cam and Connor, but they will need time.

Now let's see who stays with the team. We all know we need Ish. As I said, I heard Alex and Samb are gone. DK, how true that is.

Bassy earned a spot. I think he will be a solid backup guard for us. He can't shoot, but he is FAST on the fast break.

Lou has a nice size and what looks like a pretty shot. But he's at least another year away. Do we bring him back?

Rory will have a role moving forward. I think he sticks around.

Bilau's injury worries me. Idk if he plays with us again. I hope I'm wrong.

I love this team, and I believe Archie and this staff will get us back into the NCAA tournament.

Go Rhody!
10 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

spookydog wrote: 1 year ago Perfect end to Carey’s career with a badly missed step back 3
Boy was he horrible today- didn’t make his mid range jumper and was non existent on competitive rebounding.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

My first thought is to go BS because that sucked. But onto next year, good luck to Carey and Martin who seem to be decent dudes. Looking forward to hopefully an exciting and successful off season. Hopefully some of our younger guys with potential stay and grow. Go get emm Archie!
2 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

What a horrible feckin year this was. Archie, you got some work to do.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

reef wrote: 1 year ago We are shooting 31 % floor
That's a good night for us.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I forgot who said it but if Tchikou is on the fence about transferring because he’s worried he should be, from a small sample Archie is going to hit the portal hard for a transfer big, I haven’t seen him make one post move at all this year and I still wonder how he’s considered a four….

Just me venting
I said it and that's exactly why I was told he may transfer. Our goal is to land bigs that will make an immediate impact and he may ride the bench.. Now if we miss out on all those targets, Alex could come back.. As I said. I have no idea if this is true but I heard this from two people that have given me great intel in the past. It could be a complete lie. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex back so we'll see.

To answer your questions about Lou. Archie said before the season that Lou is one of those high-IQ raw players that has the tools and the mind to be a great player but he's simply too raw to make an impact right away. I thought he would redshirt. I think his size is intriguing and he seems to have a nice looking stroke in the midrange and 3. But I agree he won't be ready next year and we need players that are. I think he could be a nice piece by Junior year.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I forgot who said it but if Tchikou is on the fence about transferring because he’s worried he should be, from a small sample Archie is going to hit the portal hard for a transfer big, I haven’t seen him make one post move at all this year and I still wonder how he’s considered a four….

Just me venting
I said it and that's exactly why I was told he may transfer. Our goal is to land bigs that will make an immediate impact and he may ride the bench.. Now if we miss out on all those targets, Alex could come back.. As I said. I have no idea if this is true but I heard this from two people that have given me great intel in the past. It could be a complete lie. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex back so we'll see.

To answer your questions about Lou. Archie said before the season that Lou is one of those high-IQ raw players that has the tools and the mind to be a great player but he's simply too raw to make an impact right away. I thought he would redshirt. I think his size is intriguing and he seems to have a nice looking stroke in the midrange and 3. But I agree he won't be ready next year and we need players that are. I think he could be a nice piece by Junior year.
And I don't think we can afford to wait until his junior year for him to be any good.

My thing with Alex is, he would have to get a waiver to play immediately sinc he's already used his one time transfer.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Pathetic end to a pathetic season. Looks like most on the team knew it and gave up.
I dont have major issues with the coaching, but the lack of talent here was appalling.
A massive upgrade is needed just to be mid pack next season
The Archie honeymoon ends next season. Recruiting will be everything going forward
Work to do indeed. Understatement of the year!
5 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago When you have 1 star and that guy goes 4-19 a bad team is going to look even worse. Real tough one for Ish and he had quite a few clean looks in this one.

1 legit A10 level PG
2 scoring guards/wings

Did you feel comfortable with our 5 position. Bilou coming off an injury and Frenchie and Foumena ?
I feel like with both of them we should be fine and I feel like Bilau will be better if he’s not the go to big man and play second fiddle
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Thankfully this four month long nightmare is over. Archie can now be 100% focused on improving the program for the future without being distracted by a meaningless season. Miller and staff have a lot of work to do.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Trust that he knows that. Read his post game comments and look at the guys we have already shown interest in. The staff is going to prioritize offensive players. No way Archie is running one of the worst offenses in cbb back out there again.
5 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago

1 legit A10 level PG
2 scoring guards/wings

I feel like with both of them we should be fine and I feel like Bilau will be better if he’s not the go to big man and play second fiddle
If Bilau was coming into the season healthy I think he may start but he's not. Someone I know told me they spoke with him and it sounded like he could be out for a very long time. I hope that I'm wrong. He's a nice piece.

We both like Foumena. I would love to have Tyson Brown
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Trust that he knows that. Read his post game comments and look at the guys we have already shown interest in. The staff is going to prioritize offensive players. No way Archie is running one of the worst offenses in cbb back out there again.
Yeah pretty nice dose of brutal honesty from Archie after the game today.
Last edited by adam914 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Trust that he knows that. Read his post game comments and look at the guys we have already shown interest in. The staff is going to prioritize offensive players. No way Archie is running one of the worst offenses in cbb back out there again.
I'm guessing Archie is riding his assistants to get some damn good players now.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Agreed, Bar.

Archie, from what I have seen over the years, is a very competitive guy. He’s probably furious at the situation and embarrassed but won’t show it by blowing up because he’s a professional. I bet he is secretly fired up and determined more than ever.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Well it was good to be out of the house and back in the gym again. I was entertained by the enthusiasm of our pep squad and band and once I popped it ear plugs to block out the ridiculous screaming PA system and equally ridiculous Yorke we settled in and had a nice time. The basketball wasn’t the best but I have confidence the roster will improve and we’ll see the results expected.

KeaneyBlue was entertaining as always too.

Time for golf and tennis!

Go Rhody!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The season mercifully ended
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

In a few short weeks all the negativity will be gone and the glowing predictions for next year will be ever present.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
If Bilau was coming into the season healthy I think he may start but he's not. Someone I know told me they spoke with him and it sounded like he could be out for a very long time. I hope that I'm wrong. He's a nice piece.

We both like Foumena. I would love to have Tyson Brown
Agreed Stevey would love to get him but I want to see all the transfers come out first before (which Archie would do but would want him or Mack from Wofford)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago For the people who actually truly thought we could win three games into the semis, was that “fun” actually thinking that? There’s no way right?

So many people live in fantasy land it’s insane.

I thought I was crazy optimistic years ago, but people here are on another level.
Two of the funniest thing I've read today.

1. You said you have the same brain as one of the nicest most respectful people on here in Jersey. Someone that tries to have a positive outlook about this team and recruits. Which is the complete opposite of you.

2. You just called yourself optimistic? Is bashing Jermaine Harris 24/7 being optimistic?
1. I said we think the same way and post a lot of the same stuff, he says it in a much different way. Jersey calls it how he sees it, and disagrees with plenty of people here. He might be a “nicer” poster, sure whatever.

2. I used to be insanely optimistic about the team. But, ya know, I can watch someone (Harris) play basketball and actually tell he’s not any good, when 99% of others said he was a good player who could contribute when he CLEARLY couldn’t.

But enough posting from you right? Don’t you have more prep school games to stream?
Sorry mods. I know this isn't what you guys want here, so I'll try to ignore 15 moving forward.

For whatever reason, me watching recruits is one of the million things you have a problem with on here. You don't seem to understand that I watch the recruits because I'm obsessed with the team. I thought you would know this since you claim to be a coach, but these prep games are quick.. It's easy to fit in a couple of games in a week. Very... I still work full-time, watch movies/shows/sports, play basketball or tennis, and chess on Sundays, go to the gym, and spend time with family and friends. This idea that I have to block out all these hours to watch a few games and clips isn't true...

The only game I was streaming was our game... But I'll be watching plenty of games and clips of recruits this offseason because we will be in the mix with many players. You'll be seeing update after update. Probably some highlight clips as well. We know you hate those! I may add a couple of full games, and I'm warning you now you may see a few people here saying they are excited about some of the recruits. I know that's tough for you to handle, so I apologize now.

Do you know who else will be watching recruits this off-season? Jersey. I consider him a friend..We talk daily about this team and recruits; Maybe in person, you're a different person. But on here, I promise you, you're nothing like him.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago In a few short weeks all the negativity will be gone and the glowing predictions for next year will be ever present.
Can’t help myself. But probably. Especially regarding new players. With a condition here, it seems, that with the lists of schools “interested in so and so” and so and so has “heard” from schools, the collective we goes ga ga over players that select us from those meaningless lists. It will happen again. No?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938