We Can Do This.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: We Can Do This.

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

That wasn't my assessment but a statistical analysis that had Ish as the third most improved A10 player and Martin and Carey as regressing.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Lies, damn lies and statistics…
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago I live in the real world. There is sadly no chance this team has a deep Brooklyn run.
Mods: Please move this to the sad thread?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago

Sorry that you can't handle the present reality. It seems you prefer Fantasyland.
Oh I can I'm just able to put it in a reasonable perspective.

Being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic is stupid.

Players get better over time and often improve dramatically from their freshman year and at least three of them have noticeably improved over the course of the season. Rory, Alex and Weston.

We all know that we are going to grab players in the portal, we have numerous coaches with a lot of experience getting and developing talent. There's some talent on the roster and we will get some in the portal and things will likely improve drastically.

Discounting the fact that we, with this depleted, inexperienced, banged up roster can compete and beat anyone in this league right now is an encouraging sign. Doesn't matter that the league is down.
Sorry the fact that we sucked in the worst A10 in memory does count, this team probably would have gone winless in the 2012 A10. We all selectively pick things that help our argument and the A10 sucking matters for perspective.
Oh please, the bottom of the A-10 that year was just as bad as any year.

Unless you're willing to posit that Duquesne (8-22) and Fordham (7-24) from that year would win the A-10 this year
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Shhhh we're not allowed to live in the real world here!
Ahh, yes, you live in the real world, right? If only we had more logical, knowledgeable fans on here living in the real world like you. This place would so be so positive.

I agree with you, RF1. It is a great draw on paper, but I think we win one and lose. I don't think we have enough talent and are way too inconsistent to make a run. Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong, and I'll be losing my mind tomorrow rooting for this team. Anything can happen! Let's hope Bassy gets hot. I think he's our X factor. If he can score in double digits, we may be able to surprise a few teams

Remember when Will Daniels had a monster game in the A10 tournament and we knew he would be special? I hope we get that from Weston.
How dare you try and say Weston might become a good player! He plays on "the worst team in 40 years" which means no one will develop, any flashes of ability is just them getting lucky and oh gosh we just need 13 scholarship players because if a freshman player sucks that means they will always suck!
Ram Time, news flash- It’s ok to be optimistic! Do u have anything u can take that will help?
0 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

I’m always optimistic. It could happen… I also feel like I might have just as good of a chance of being struck by lighting tomorrow. I just don’t see it happening, this team just does nothing well…. It will improve !
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

They don't have to make a run to win and they don't have to be consistent to win . They only have to win one game , the one in front of them . If
they somehow win that one game then they still only have to win one game to advance . It is much easier to win just one game and the team needs to
look at it in that context and not try to win three games later today . If they are able to look at it that way , the task at hand is less daunting .
The fans should do the same . Why not be optimistic and hopeful ? It has been a very tough season to take for all those invested in the program ,
but they have been competitive in most games , so they don't have to have a complete turn around to win a game . There are no invincible teams
in the A 10 this season .
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Ahh, yes, you live in the real world, right? If only we had more logical, knowledgeable fans on here living in the real world like you. This place would so be so positive.

I agree with you, RF1. It is a great draw on paper, but I think we win one and lose. I don't think we have enough talent and are way too inconsistent to make a run. Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong, and I'll be losing my mind tomorrow rooting for this team. Anything can happen! Let's hope Bassy gets hot. I think he's our X factor. If he can score in double digits, we may be able to surprise a few teams

Remember when Will Daniels had a monster game in the A10 tournament and we knew he would be special? I hope we get that from Weston.
How dare you try and say Weston might become a good player! He plays on "the worst team in 40 years" which means no one will develop, any flashes of ability is just them getting lucky and oh gosh we just need 13 scholarship players because if a freshman player sucks that means they will always suck!
Ram Time, news flash- It’s ok to be optimistic! Do u have anything u can take that will help?
Big time whoosh moment. PRT was being sarcastic poking fun at all the other doomers on here.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago
Oh I can I'm just able to put it in a reasonable perspective.

Being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic is stupid.

Players get better over time and often improve dramatically from their freshman year and at least three of them have noticeably improved over the course of the season. Rory, Alex and Weston.

We all know that we are going to grab players in the portal, we have numerous coaches with a lot of experience getting and developing talent. There's some talent on the roster and we will get some in the portal and things will likely improve drastically.

Discounting the fact that we, with this depleted, inexperienced, banged up roster can compete and beat anyone in this league right now is an encouraging sign. Doesn't matter that the league is down.
Sorry the fact that we sucked in the worst A10 in memory does count, this team probably would have gone winless in the 2012 A10. We all selectively pick things that help our argument and the A10 sucking matters for perspective.
Oh please, the bottom of the A-10 that year was just as bad as any year.

Unless you're willing to posit that Duquesne (8-22) and Fordham (7-24) from that year would win the A-10 this year
Great 2 wins…our home games. Whatever the total, it would have been worse, that’s the point.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s go fresh slate !! The time is now
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

We have hope.

REBELLIONS ARE BUILT ON HOPE.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
McRam wrote: 1 year ago
Big time whoosh moment. PRT was being sarcastic poking fun at all the other doomers on here.
PRT needs to start using the Sarcasm font when he replies!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
class of 86
Michael Andersen

Unread post by class of 86 »

Archie has been assesssing Experimenting Calculating ...Studying the nuances of each player ....Strength and weakness ...... Formulating a game plan that reveals nothing to the scouting reports..... Detailed opposition preparation......... That's how he won the Dayton game...... The new and improved Rhode Island rams take the court tonight ....Uri wins 2 games..... Or I'm a big fat liar
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This thread aged about as well as the top four seed from a few weeks ago.
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago This thread aged about as well as the top four seed from a few weeks ago.
I’m hitting at a clip only slightly below our shooting percentage.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Spin zone:

Really thoughtful of these guys to shit down their leg and not get us to really buy in and invest our emotions.

This year sucked. Let’s hope the night is darkest before the dawn.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Damn you Blue Man. Because of your optimism I wrote up tomorrow’s game writeup. Ha
7 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

spookydog wrote: 1 year ago Damn you Blue Man. Because of your optimism I wrote up tomorrow’s game writeup. Ha
It’s more fun to go out in a blaze of glory!!

You went down swinging. More than I can say for the team today!
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Man we were bad 9-22 bad let’s hope next season is night and day from this
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Season of sad...went to all the home games, saw enough to know I wasn't going to pay for espn+ or travel....and didn't watch today because it interfered with my grill time. All time low in my brief fanhood here. Momentarily sad (bad year to double up on tix), but not sorry. Still optimistic AF that the Archer will get it done. 8-)
0 x