3/4 | Davidson | 8:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 3/4 | Davidson | 8:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Did we really call one timeout?
None in the first half?

Edit: A second one was called with 42 seconds left to get Ish off the court.
I’m speechless, and I guess the staff is too. Smh.
I renewed my tickets last night. Next year’s team had better be more competitive.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago Did we really call one timeout?
None in the first half?

I renewed my tickets last night. Next year’s team had better be more competitive.
I can't imagine it could be 'less' competitive?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think Weston is having a nice game. As he gets older he’ll start to finish more. But some nice drives to the hoop tonight
Agree. He’s an interesting piece for next year to make a jump.
Agree also , think he has a nice upside , I hope he spends a ton of time working on his game but he does offer potential
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I wish Cam and Conor well but it's gonna take a helluva lot more for us to be a watchable team next fall.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Please bring us some guards in this offseason especially a PG. And a 4 man that can score and rebound. I hope Weston, Alex, Rory and Ish stay out of the portal.

I could see Carey doing a final year at Bryant.
How many times did we hold the ball to the end of the shot clock and take a poor shot as the clock was expiring ?? Just terrible
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago If Alex stays we need to get him some looks facing the basket and he has to be able to tolerate some contact near the rim if he catches it deep with his back to the basket. Why can't he regroup after getting bumped? It's been a long season. We need Ish to stay and to find him some help.
I think he can be a decent reserve for us he’s just so darn raw on the offensive end , painful to watch @ times
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

None in the first half?

I feel bad for Arch coaching this group , he must be like I got to find some better players out there
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
None in the first half?

I feel bad for Arch coaching this group , he must be like I got to find some better players out there
I wish for everyone's sake they were better, but Arch had final say on who made the team, and knew what he was getting into. I feel worse for the season ticketholders and streamers.
4 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Couldn't watch live tonight so I just watched the game on dvr...at least I could fast forward I guess. Embarrassing finish to the regular season. Ish, Tchikou, Weston and hit the portal.
3 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Just my observation, but why is Rory so hesitant to shoot? It seems he gets an open shot but puts others in a last second position, by passing off. I'm really not impressed with his play generally, and definitely not under pressure, and would prefer Alex get the majority of the minutes at the 5. What's the point of having a so called 3-point shooter who's afraid of missing?
5 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

The URI offense last night was truly bizarre. Clueless really, set a screen fellas. Ram67 observation about Rory is spot on. The scary part is there was little attempt to change it up. Run the shot clock down to 6 seconds and fire up a brick.

What I saw last night in the RC ain’t beating anyone. Miller has his hands full.

Freeman would have helped a lot last night. Oh well.

Portalpalooza!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Should have put the walk-ons in at the last official time out.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The good news is this team can only lose ONCE more and this dreadful season will thankfully be over by Tuesday or Wednesday.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Please bring us some guards in this offseason especially a PG. And a 4 man that can score and rebound. I hope Weston, Alex, Rory and Ish stay out of the portal.

How many times did we hold the ball to the end of the shot clock and take a poor shot as the clock was expiring ?? Just terrible

Countless times. A number of them ended with 3’s that were in and out and a Thomas 3 that was a split second late.

Just NO movement without the ball. Davidson played good D, but I thought we were incredibly easy to guard last night.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 year ago

Countless times. A number of them ended with 3’s that were in and out and a Thomas 3 that was a split second late.

Just NO movement without the ball. Davidson played good D, but I thought we were incredibly easy to guard last night.
I absolutely agree and was thinking the same thing.
Quite a few clock violations including having to heave up many last second shots.
There was no offensive flow and ball movement was sub-par.
Just a really bad offensive performance.
Ish did have his struggles but was okay considering not much help.
Weston to me was one of the very few bright spots along with some of Alex's jams.
0 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago Just my observation, but why is Rory so hesitant to shoot? It seems he gets an open shot but puts others in a last second position, by passing off. I'm really not impressed with his play generally, and definitely not under pressure, and would prefer Alex get the majority of the minutes at the 5. What's the point of having a so called 3-point shooter who's afraid of missing?
Its not just Rory who has been hesitant to shoot, Weston passed up on a couple of open 10 foot shots. At times it seems everyone but Ish, Bassy, and Malik are afraid to shoot. Is it because they are afraid of Archie pulling them from the game if they miss. Archie seems to have a short lease for some of the players, especially Alex and Weston. While Ish, Bassy, and Malik seem to force a lot of shots. I understand Ish forcing some shots because he is the only scorer but some of Thomas's and Malik's shots don't have a chance of going in. I don't ever remember Malik passing while driving to the basket and usually just to have his shot blocked. All well next year has to be better. Go Rhody!!!!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

79RhodyFan wrote: 1 year ago
RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago Just my observation, but why is Rory so hesitant to shoot? It seems he gets an open shot but puts others in a last second position, by passing off. I'm really not impressed with his play generally, and definitely not under pressure, and would prefer Alex get the majority of the minutes at the 5. What's the point of having a so called 3-point shooter who's afraid of missing?
Its not just Rory who has been hesitant to shoot, Weston passed up on a couple of open 10 foot shots. At times it seems everyone but Ish, Bassy, and Malik are afraid to shoot. Is it because they are afraid of Archie pulling them from the game if they miss. Archie seems to have a short lease for some of the players, especially Alex and Weston. While Ish, Bassy, and Malik seem to force a lot of shots. I understand Ish forcing some shots because he is the only scorer but some of Thomas's and Malik's shots don't have a chance of going in. I don't ever remember Malik passing while driving to the basket and usually just to have his shot blocked. All well next year has to be better. Go Rhody!!!!
It’s confidence with both of those guys. It’s not uncommon for first year players either. I don’t think it has anything to do with fearing a hook from Archie. It’s pretty clear the hook for Archie comes from lack of effort or focus defensively. I don’t recall him pulling anyone for missing a shot.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
McRam wrote: 1 year ago HUH. ??? Davidson favored by 31/2 or 4. Makes no sense. Should be one.
Same here, McRam. More than what I thought it would be, as well.

I actually think this game could go either way. A flip a coin game.
got home from the game a while ago from Ry-fi land, so catching up on this thread from my 286 PC over dial-up, which is...an upgrade over RyFiVille. Haven't got to the end, but, this didn't age that well...
Like curdled milk. Ooph.

I hope the bettors here didn’t pay attention to my prediction.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Did anyone else see this? Malik responded to Abu Bakr's tweet about being embarrassed by the performance yesterday. I feel like Abu had every right to say that...

1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Thanks for posting, RR916.

The social media version of a family squabble; that’s how I see it. And, not surprising after a poor performance to wrap up a frustrating regular season, imo. Someone was bound to blow somewhere, sometime.

Also not surprised the social media savvy ( FYI - I automatically consider anyone younger than me social media savvy :lol:) team captain stepped up to defend his team.
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Thanks for posting, RR916.

The social media version of a family squabble; that’s how I see it. And, not surprising after a poor performance to wrap up a frustrating regular season, imo. Someone was bound to blow somewhere, sometime.

Also not surprised the social media savvy ( FYI - I automatically consider anyone younger than me social media savvy :lol:) team captain stepped up to defend his team.
Yeah, I totally understand Malik defending his team here. I do think he needs to understand that we all had slightly higher expectations this season, so to see them shoot that poorly on senior night was upsetting.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Did anyone else see this? Malik responded to Abu Bakr's tweet about being embarrassed by the performance yesterday. I feel like Abu had every right to say that...

Note the apology to Malik
B328A678-CDD3-4680-B2D0-4077B86B71CE.jpeg
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Did anyone else see this? Malik responded to Abu Bakr's tweet about being embarrassed by the performance yesterday. I feel like Abu had every right to say that...

Yup I saw.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

79RhodyFan wrote: 1 year ago
Carey had a wide open 3P in the corner by the URI Band. I heard a couple URI players family members even yell shoot that. But Carey didn't , drove in about 8 feet then took a fall away very difficult 2P shot and missed badly. Seems he prefers the high difficulty shots to the open shots. Confidence thing. Easier in his head to explain a high degree of difficulty miss vs a wide open miss.

Carey had defensive pressure about half court near the Davidson bench. He decided to try to throw the ball off a Davidson player but missed and the ball bounced high and untouched towards the pep band and out of bounds. Not a hi IQ play.
Archie only played Carey 22 minutes and Carey didn't look happy on the bench. Weston got a lot of Carey's minutes as he got 26 minutes.

Rory got a team hi 8 rebounds. As much as people are complaining Rory is not a 5 (and I agree) it's interesting that Miller thinks Rory is his best answer at the 5 with Tournament upcoming. He has beat out Tchikou and Samb.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Many times. Rushed at the shot clock expiring and then bad shots.
Once Thomas hit a 3P as the click expired, Refs went to the monitor and ruled it didn't beat the shot clock.
Of course another one of those times you would like to see the replay on the big screen or at least replay on phone except for Ry-Fi.
Sometimes passing up descent shots then getting in shot clock trouble later.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

5:08 left in the game Leggett was maneuvering inside attempted to get a shot off in the lane and got called for an offensive foul. It was a horrible call at the basket in front of the URI bench. Leggett was getting hacked much of the game but especially on this play.
Leggett had enough and slammed the ball in the court. Got hit with s technical. Malik Martin and a couple others platted Leggett on the back or shook his hand as if to say good for you.
I watched Miller and not much emotion on the play. I thought I'd ever a time to really get mad would be then. Stick up for his best player, his team leader. Game was lost anyway. Head into Tournament fired up. Maybe he didn't want to take the spotlight from Leggett which I can understand.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We had the infamous Wallace Rutecki for the game too. Nice way to finish out the season. Not sure if Wally made the "offensive", offensive foul call on Leggett - I'll have to run through the game replay.
BE2700B4-EE3F-4E54-BDB8-91DB5633B3DE.jpeg

This from the Davidson message board for the URI game
FCED4601-0D70-46AD-99C7-961E23FEA74D.png
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Refs had to review damn near everything, probably worried so much about making every call right to make sure they don’t get cut going into postseason, and I couldn’t agree more ish was getting hacked so much if we god damn have a hand check it was a foul
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago We had the infamous Wallace Rutecki for the game too. Nice way to finish out the season. Not sure if Wally made the "offensive", offensive foul call on Leggett - I'll have to run through the game replay.

I think he made the foul call, but I’m 100% sure he called the T.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

No pep band Saturday nite. No Rhody Ram either.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago We had the infamous Wallace Rutecki for the game too. Nice way to finish out the season. Not sure if Wally made the "offensive", offensive foul call on Leggett - I'll have to run through the game replay.
Better you than me. Once was enough.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago No pep band Saturday nite. No Rhody Ram either.
I’d bet they were in Delaware with a group of cheerleaders.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

He is the absolute worst.

Don't think there's one fanbase who actually thinks he's good.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

Yup I saw.
I may be in the minority - but no issue being embarrassed by that performance or by calling it out. 18 turnovers. I hope we have players that are equally embarrassed by that performance. I love this team. I really like the players. In my mind, the players understand that was not even remotely close to the level of play they can reach or even the level they have played to this year so far. It has been a tough season, but go out and show that was one really bad game in a season that has been filled with a lot of good games that we just didn't finish.

Hell, get hot from 3 (35%ish for this team) and go on a run this week. We are 335th in the country in 3 point percentage. If we were around 150 - we would have close to a 35% percentage for the year. To put it another way, we would have 2 more threes a game go in (maybe more if we took more because they went in). Add 6 points on average to our games this year and check the record.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Did anyone screenshot the initial tweet? It’s deleted now.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Did anyone screenshot the initial tweet? It’s deleted now.
It’s in Ramster’s post about 12 spaces down.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh can’t stand Wally Rutecki
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Did anyone screenshot the initial tweet? It’s deleted now.
Here it is.
I take screen shots for Rhody Vault because he often deletes items for various reasons. I had a hunch this one wouldn't end well either.

Kudos to to Malik Martin for calling out Abu Bakr's post.

Triple Kudos to Abu Bakr for having the humility to admit Malik was right and offered his apologies. Well done.

People can get caught up in Rhody Vault's rift with some people at URI. He clearly has an axe to grind and continues to grind it.

For other teams he lavishes praise and makes excuses for them. Not for URI MBB.

He knows the sport of basketball extremely well, if you have any doubts just ask him.

A32077DA-9445-473E-91A1-01635AE47D5B.jpeg
0A7B45B6-60AD-4702-810C-0AF3F502D565.png
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago
Here it is.
I take screen shots for Rhody Vault because he often deletes items for various reasons. I had a hunch this one wouldn't end well either.

Kudos to to Malik Martin for calling out Abu Bakr's post.

Triple Kudos to Abu Bakr for having the humility to admit Malik was right and offered his apologies. Well done.

People can get caught up in Rhody Vault's rift with some people at URI. He clearly has an axe to grind and continues to grind it.

For other teams he lavishes praise and makes excuses for them. Not for URI MBB.

He knows the sport of basketball extremely well, if you have any doubts just ask him.

A32077DA-9445-473E-91A1-01635AE47D5B.jpeg

0A7B45B6-60AD-4702-810C-0AF3F502D565.png
It's just so pathetic.

He was a great content creator, then he wanted to become a "journalist" but as a brand new person came onto the scene and demanded access to everything at URI. Wanting to jump Bill, Will, and others working the URI beat for years. When he wasn't immediately rolled out the red carpet - he got butt hurt.

He's clearly gone from "journalist" to activist. He has such an angle it's hard to take anything reporting-wise seriously.

Bryant is the most egregious and obvious example. Every tweet even remotely positive about URI has to have some kind of backhanded demerit attached. Zero context is applied to URI and what they've had to overcome in year 1 of a rebuild. But Bryant, a team that wasn't rebuilding but was supposedly ready for the next step, ready to dominate the mighty America East conference - goes .500 with superior talent, and somehow he's able to put so many qualifiers in every tweet to ensure he doesn't anger the people that will give him the time of day to discuss.

It's why Bill Koch is so great at his job. There's a few who always bitch about how he's not waving pom poms in everything he write - but it's because he's an actual professional journalist. He doesn't have an "angle" he reports the facts. I don't want Bill to be a blind fan, that's why we have this message board. It's the same way I don't want RV to be a blind hater.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL