Brayon Freeman Dismissed from Team

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: Brayon Freeman

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Tell that to Eric Musselman. He fixed the twins real quick. Haven’t read a peep on them being trouble.
I would love to know how, seriously.
I think you see some mindsets change when kids realize 'This is my absolute last chance'. Kuran Iverson was probably on his last chance when he came to URI and no one ever had any issues with him.
6 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Tell that to Eric Musselman. He fixed the twins real quick. Haven’t read a peep on them being trouble.
Maybe told them to cut the crap, told them this was their last shot, told them, “ I run the show here…” tell your mother to shut up, and yous will often not play together on court at same time, no Ts, my way or the highway…….
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Well Bray is gone. Players will step up and fill the void. What goes on in the locker room no one knows but some info has kinda come out.
I do not believe he was a team player and his attitude was very clear in his body language on and off the court.
Its time for the next guy to get it done and show his ability.
The portal will have a lot of players who would be extremely happy for the opportunity and privilege to play basketball for URI, Coach Miller, The Fan base and to get an education!!!
GORHODY!!!!!
3 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

sorry i'm late for the pile on.

F this kid and F his mom. I dont tweet so maybe someone can @ them it for me.

I'll drive your ass to the airport. GTFOH.

first class losers. get lost.
2 x
:lol:
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Fatts also played very differently at UMD than he did at Rhody.
He was more disciplined, took less forced shots and facilitated more.

Not sure if it's guys having 1 more chance or the coach having more credibility and conviction. Probably a little bit of both.
7 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
Maybe told them to cut the crap, told them this was their last shot, told them, “ I run the show here…” tell your mother to shut up, and yous will often not play together on court at same time, no Ts, my way or the highway…….
Honestly I think they would be easy to “fix” for a good coach, good program. They were good kids and worked hard. It was going to be tough here where they were clearly better then the rest of the team offensively and to be honest there was almost no other options. Good players won’t defer to junk.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Alex tweeted this quote yesterday....Interesting.

Adults need to stop allowing these kids to feel sorry for themselves every time something doesn’t go their way. It’s not the coaches fault, it’s your fault. Put your hard hat on & get it out the mud. Stop listening to emotional advice. The blame game is going to get you ran over.

May shed some light about how the players felt about Brays behavior.
I was there and Alex was the one trying to pull Freeman up to the team huddle during a late game timeout. Freeman did not want any part of it and stayed away from the huddle. In other words he did not give a crap what was going on with the game and his teammates.
5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Alex tweeted this quote yesterday....Interesting.

Adults need to stop allowing these kids to feel sorry for themselves every time something doesn’t go their way. It’s not the coaches fault, it’s your fault. Put your hard hat on & get it out the mud. Stop listening to emotional advice. The blame game is going to get you ran over.

I was there and Alex was the one trying to pull Freeman up to the team huddle during a late game timeout. Freeman did not want any part of it and stayed away from the huddle. In other words he did not give a crap what was going on with the game and his teammates.
Yeah, I am sure he had emotionally checked out by that time.
Oh well, need to move on.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm sure Archie had every intention of making this a low key, we are simply parting ways, we wish him well, sort of thing after the season ended.

If he moved the parents from behind the bench, that right there says this was once a problem at the Ryan, and he was going to eliminate the problem and then deal with the situation after the season. No one needed to be embarrassed. It didn't need to be nasty.

But, then this last game happened at GM, where the kid's entire family showed up and started heckling the coach, and that was it. Over. Archie is over it. I'm sure the rest of the staff is over it. The players are likely over it.

I'm actually glad it happened this way, so we all know as much as we are possibly going to know, about what happened here.
5 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

jcru wrote: 1 year ago I'm sure Archie had every intention of making this a low key, we are simply parting ways, we wish him well, sort of thing after the season ended.

If he moved the parents from behind the bench, that right there says this was once a problem at the Ryan, and he was going to eliminate the problem and then deal with the situation after the season. No one needed to be embarrassed. It didn't need to be nasty.

But, then this last game happened at GM, where the kid's entire family showed up and started heckling the coach, and that was it. Over. Archie is over it. I'm sure the rest of the staff is over it. The players are likely over it.

I'm actually glad it happened this way, so we all know as much as we are possibly going to know, about what happened here.
100%

perception is reality. you act like shitheads for all to see? you're a shithead.

this could have been handled MUCH better on the player/family end but, well, never mind. it was all on display for all to see.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago

Honestly I think they would be easy to “fix” for a good coach, good program. They were good kids and worked hard. It was going to be tough here where they were clearly better then the rest of the team offensively and to be honest there was almost no other options. Good players won’t defer to junk.
Eh, I found Walker to be consistently as good, or better, than the twins and he trailed both of them in minutes
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago I'm sure Archie had every intention of making this a low key, we are simply parting ways, we wish him well, sort of thing after the season ended.

I don’t blame Archie at all. Sure, being heckled is ok, but from a player’s parents AND the player (supposedly) lol. Helll no. Cya! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I agree. Putting it all out for the world to see eliminates any ambiguity. Prevents Vault from talking about how "Archie didn't get it, wasn't a great leader" yada yada yada. Instead, we all get a solid glimpse into what has probably been going on the whole year.

This is a real life Reddit AITA post where Bray is, in fact, the asshole, and thanks to a shit collective of family and friends around him - he has no idea.

Sucks. Hopefully this turns into a wakeup call in his life and he turns it around/flies straight/cuts out the hangers on.

The more that comes out from first hand accounts, the happier I am that he's gone.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

I agree. Putting it all out for the world to see eliminates any ambiguity. Prevents Vault from talking about how "Archie didn't get it, wasn't a great leader" yada yada yada. Instead, we all get a solid glimpse into what has probably been going on the whole year.

This is a real life Reddit AITA post where Bray is, in fact, the asshole, and thanks to a shit collective of family and friends around him - he has no idea.

Sucks. Hopefully this turns into a wakeup call in his life and he turns it around/flies straight/cuts out the hangers on.

The more that comes out from first hand accounts, the happier I am that he's gone.
Jeez, imagine what it was like for his teammates. Having to deal with this Debbie downer whenever he wasn’t having a good game. That’s the guy everyone secretly dislikes because he’s only happy when he’s adding to his stats. Ruins the mood.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Oops, nothing to see here. didn’t read posts at the top of the page before posting pretty much the same thing. Carry on.

I would think with the twins, playing for their 3rd school plays a small role in their improved on court behavior. Like their college eligibility, opportunities aren’t unlimited. I am confident they can surmise that.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago I don’t remember the Twins ever berating the coach or getting into a public argument with the coach. Same as Mom Mitchell. Am I wrong?
Because Cox was their bitch
5 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago

Not only does Arkansas have a very good coach, but they currently have 3 players projected as 1st round NBA picks (2 possible lottery picks). If that doesn’t put the Mitchell’s in their place, nothing will.
5 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Re: Brayon Freeman Dismissed from Team

Unread post by SandorClegane »

On to other topics… who gets the start in place of Brayon? I hope Miller gives the nod to Weston.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

All I can say is that, it seemed like just a sucky, slowdeath situation, until Saturday...and then it "jumped up a notch":

Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago On to other topics… who gets the start in place of Brayon? I hope Miller gives the nod to Weston.
I think it'll likely be Thomas if I had to guess. Wouldn't be my choice, but I think thats probably the way Archie goes. Either way I hope more minutes gives Weston a chance to speed up his development a bit.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Vault seems to be keeping it on the downlow these days...interested in his perspective on this. Seriously.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

He’s too busy following Bryant, probably hasn’t even heard the news yet.
14 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago He’s too busy following Bryant, probably hasn’t even heard the news yet.
Do you blame him? We are quite frankly one of the worst teams in America. The following four teams should be getting more attention than us.

PC mens
Rhody women
Bryant men
Brown men
3 x
Go Rhody
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago He’s too busy following Bryant, probably hasn’t even heard the news yet.
Do you blame him? We are quite frankly one of the worst teams in America. The following four teams should be getting more attention than us.

PC mens
Rhody women
Bryant men
Brown men
Bryant isnt much better. 7-5 in America East with their roster is underwhelming. Lost to Brown by 12 and UMass Lowell by 19 with a 2-3 players that would be starters on our team.

Put focus on PC and URI women right now. No one else matters.
3 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

PC mens
Rhody women
Bryant men
Brown men
If you live in RI and aren't at the HUGE women's basketball game on Thursday idk what you're doing with your life 8-)
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Section104 wrote: 1 year ago

PC mens
Rhody women
Bryant men
Brown men
Bryant isnt much better. 7-5 in America East with their roster is underwhelming. Lost to Brown by 12 and UMass Lowell by 19 with a 2-3 players that would be starters on our team.

Put focus on PC and URI women right now. No one else matters.
None of this shit should matter (other than URI women) to an account that is literally called “Rhody Vault”. If you’re going to brand yourself that way, your content should be 99.97% Rhody content. If he wants to just cover basketball in Rhode Island, it can’t be that hard to come up with branding that makes sense for that. I can’t imagine a Notre Dame fan account or blog or whatever called “Irish Eyes” just pivoting to covering Purdue or Ball State because Notre Dame is having a down year. Incredibly bizarre thing to do.
11 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

Can not say in this day and age I am disappointed. But I immediately have two thoughts. First is focusing solely on Brayan’s future. Suffice to say he is a troubled kid. Talented but troubled. In my humble opinion I believe he deserves better. I believe he got a raw deal. Which goes to my second point the coach Archie Miller. Being extremely smart about the past. Archie coached at Indiana and Dayton. Indiana may have been a bad fit for him. But Dayton was a perfect example of what Archie is all about. While at Dayton Archie ran that program with strong leadership and conviction. Dayton is a small Catholic school that loves its basketball. And they love the money drawn from college basketball. And Archie was the king of that empire. A coaches job is to take talent and make it work. Shape it. Mold it. No one says it’s easy. But giving up on the kid you brought in from GW. That you will have for two more years. And you throw him off the team ? Granted we don’t know the background story. But for goodness sake we are talking about a 19 year old kid. Maybe Thorr needs to be rethinking his Archie hire ?
0 x
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Spook5365 »

Thorr doesn’t need to be rethinking anything regarding Archie. A selfish, me first player with an annoying family tailing him around is gone. Didn’t give 2 shits about his teammates. About to be playing for his 7th team in 7 years. No one will notice he’s gone or even remember him afterwards.
8 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Ummmmmmmmmmm

before we start wringing our hands over the "poor troubled kid" and "Archie's failure to bend steel and mold in into submission"

maybe we should start with all of the kid's enablers, his family, who absolutely do not get it, btw. Showing up and harassing the coach from behind the bench, like these fools thought Archie was on the "hot seat" if they give the situation a little push they can get him fired. They "liked" posts on social media that said as much.

NO COACH SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT over some misguided sense of "you need to be there for everybody and exhaust all resources".

To prove what? and to whom? I don't recall us even getting an explanation for Football getting rid of Kevin Brown Jr. That was their prerogative.

Not to mention, let the rest of the team suffer for it, in the meantime. This might not be professional sports, but you could argue it's as close to it as you can get. And people need to act like a professional at this level, whether it be a student athlete, a coach, a manager, you name it. Actions have consequences, and this could end up "the worst mistake of Brayon's life" or he could end up going someplace where he fits in very well and he's the showpiece of a team that doesn't mind making the entire thing about him and they catch lightning in a bottle and who knows?

But I for one am glad Archie made swift work of this. This team needs expectations, boundaries, discipline, and I suspect there really isn't a discipline problem here, per se, sans one individual who was trying to push the envelope. And now it's done.
8 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PC mens
Rhody women
Bryant men
Brown men
Well if you're a URI fan like he claims....
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago Can not say in this day and age I am disappointed. But I immediately have two thoughts. First is focusing solely on Brayan’s future. Suffice to say he is a troubled kid. Talented but troubled. In my humble opinion I believe he deserves better. I believe he got a raw deal. Which goes to my second point the coach Archie Miller. Being extremely smart about the past. Archie coached at Indiana and Dayton. Indiana may have been a bad fit for him. But Dayton was a perfect example of what Archie is all about. While at Dayton Archie ran that program with strong leadership and conviction. Dayton is a small Catholic school that loves its basketball. And they love the money drawn from college basketball. And Archie was the king of that empire. A coaches job is to take talent and make it work. Shape it. Mold it. No one says it’s easy. But giving up on the kid you brought in from GW. That you will have for two more years. And you throw him off the team ? Granted we don’t know the background story. But for goodness sake we are talking about a 19 year old kid. Maybe Thorr needs to be rethinking his Archie hire ?
No. The player was clearly given guard rails for what is expected within the framework of the basketball program. There are consequences for failure to comply. Apparently he did not get the message when required to sit not dressed for game for his needed “re-set”.
6 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago Can not say in this day and age I am disappointed. But I immediately have two thoughts. First is focusing solely on Brayan’s future. Suffice to say he is a troubled kid. Talented but troubled. In my humble opinion I believe he deserves better. I believe he got a raw deal. Which goes to my second point the coach Archie Miller. Being extremely smart about the past. Archie coached at Indiana and Dayton. Indiana may have been a bad fit for him. But Dayton was a perfect example of what Archie is all about. While at Dayton Archie ran that program with strong leadership and conviction. Dayton is a small Catholic school that loves its basketball. And they love the money drawn from college basketball. And Archie was the king of that empire. A coaches job is to take talent and make it work. Shape it. Mold it. No one says it’s easy. But giving up on the kid you brought in from GW. That you will have for two more years. And you throw him off the team ? Granted we don’t know the background story. But for goodness sake we are talking about a 19 year old kid. Maybe Thorr needs to be rethinking his Archie hire ?
Rethinking the hire? You prob should rethink this post.
And we do know the background story we saw it all play out with our own eyes and have first hand accounts of even more stuff.
14 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

As Stephen a smith once said “GET OFF DA WEEEEEEEEEED”
This guy putting up a fight with 72 for dumbest take
5 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

I think perhaps some of my point is not being considered. If you are so quick to dismiss Brayan for his shortcomings. ( and I do believe the depth of knowledge on this board). Then what I’m saying is Archie’s foundation as a coach was was formed in a different perspective. The culture at Dayton was conservative or very conservative. And Archie fit those values. Only making a point gentlemen. I believe it’s valid.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago I think perhaps some of my point is not being considered. If you are so quick to dismiss Brayan for his shortcomings. ( and I do believe the depth of knowledge on this board). Then what I’m saying is Archie’s foundation as a coach was was formed in a different perspective. The culture at Dayton was conservative or very conservative. And Archie fit those values. Only making a point gentlemen. I believe it’s valid.
OK, fine. Gotta ask. What is URI’s culture in comparison to Dayton?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

This has to be Rhody72 using a different handle. One of the more "troll-ish" posts I've seen in a while.

First off, no individual player is ever bigger than the team. Period. During his brief tenure here, Freeman displayed the type of selfishness and insubordination that no coach should have to tolerate, regardless of how much potential he may have. And this isn't conjecture as many of the fans on this board have witnessed his behavior firsthand, not to mention the inexcusable behavior of his family members who have clearly enabled him up to this point and set the wrong precedent on how a team-first player should conduct himself.

Secondly (through his own words), Archie is trying to build a certain culture here where players are accountable for their actions, take a team-centric approach to their game, and represent the university at the highest level both on and off the court. Can anybody sit here and reasonably say that Freeman fit that mold? I don't think it's a mystery why the kid has attended so many different schools the past few years. And what happened the other night wasn't an isolated incident. He has the type of poor attitude that can quickly derail a coach's attempt to build a winning program, not to mention the negative impact he probably had on some of the other players. Let's not be naive.

Instead of putting blame on the coach and questioning the validity of his hire, you should be commending the guy for recognizing that Freeman was becoming a huge problem, and taking action to quickly remove him instead of letting his toxic behavior fester for the remainder of the year and potentially cause more long-term damage. This is what a strong leader does. 19 years old or not, Freeman should have the maturity and self-awareness to realize that his behavior was a detriment to the team. Best of luck kid, but I'm glad you're no longer on the roster.
Last edited by NJRhodyFan 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
6 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago I think perhaps some of my point is not being considered. If you are so quick to dismiss Brayan for his shortcomings. ( and I do believe the depth of knowledge on this board). Then what I’m saying is Archie’s foundation as a coach was was formed in a different perspective. The culture at Dayton was conservative or very conservative. And Archie fit those values. Only making a point gentlemen. I believe it’s valid.
Correlating success with Dayton being “conservative” Is laugh out loud funny.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago

I reviewed the last few minutes of the game, and didn't even see him sitting on the bench. I heard he was yelling to his family in the stands trying to fire them up more.

Anyone that is criticizing Miller for dismissing him, doesn't get what a strong coach is about. This isn't CYO or middle school basketball where the family can berate the coach for not playing little Johnnie enough.

I feel badly for Brayon as a young man, as he clearly will have a difficult road ahead with that kind of family support.
5 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

No, your points aren't being considered because they are ludicrous. A hot take that would make Skip Bayless blush. I don't even know how you're correlating Brayon and his family publicly heckling/disrespecting Archie (I can only imagine what happens in private) to Archie "forming his coaching foundation"...whatever the hell you mean by that.

I'm sure you are being genuine in your white knighting for "Brayan." /s By the way, his name spelled in the title of this thread and you repeatedly disrespect him by misspelling his name.
5 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Interesting take on the situation. You take a preponderance of evidence that Freeman has problems which he handles by engaging in the "blame game" e.g. his 4 schools in high school and now going on three colleges is firm evidence of that and then in the face of all that you say he got a raw deal (of course, you take that position without offering any substance whatsoever.) Then the rest of your verbiage focuses on setting up Miller as the fall guy, again with no concrete evidence to support that claim.

A key ingredient to any good evaluation of a situation is an open mind and sadly this post shows none of that. more like a gossip column.

P.S. Given that Dayton has a undergraduate enrollment that exceeds 8,000 and a graduate enrollment over 3,000, I would hardly describe the school as a "small Catholic school".
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Sheesh. My turn!

Who's Brayan? Must be such a huge concern for you to know his name in a way none of us could ever dream of.

Your humble opinion can be your opinion, but in my humble opinion your brain doesn't operate in the real world. What raw deal? He's a legal adult. Yeah, the kid's definitely troubled and is behind the 8 ball with a terrible family collective around him. He's a product of his environment. Does that mean Archie needs to take on a locker room cancer and distraction to someone who's been given dozens of chances here, and hundreds of chances elsewhere?

If anything, placating and supporting that kind of behavior is more damaging to kids growing up than teaching them a tough lesson like "you can't act however you want or disrespect authority figures if you want to get ahead in the world." Or, "maybe my social circle isn't helping my growth as a person or helping me to achieve my goals."

The world is littered with people like that. Fortunately for BrayON, he'll have the opportunity to make some choices now after what you would assume should be a very embarrassing rock bottom in his basketball career. He can go the Tyrese Martin route, or he can go the Jordan Hare route.

To your point about a coach's job being about taking talent and making it work...yeah. For THE WHOLE TEAM. Not one spoiled primadonna who's attitude is ruining it for everyone else.

We literally know the background story. Anyone with eyes has seen it. Anyone with a brain can put together his checkered past of teams and schools, combine that with his behavior, attitude, and benchings this season, and make sense of it.

If I'm Thorr, I'm more proud of the hire I've made today than at any point before.

We're building a culture. This is how you do it. Shape up or ship out.

Get your head scanned.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Sheesh. My turn!

Who's Brayan? Must be such a huge concern for you to know his name in a way none of us could ever dream of.

Your humble opinion can be your opinion, but in my humble opinion your brain doesn't operate in the real world. What raw deal? He's a legal adult. Yeah, the kid's definitely troubled and is behind the 8 ball with a terrible family collective around him. He's a product of his environment. Does that mean Archie needs to take on a locker room cancer and distraction to someone who's been given dozens of chances here, and hundreds of chances elsewhere?

If anything, placating and supporting that kind of behavior is more damaging to kids growing up than teaching them a tough lesson like "you can't act however you want or disrespect authority figures if you want to get ahead in the world." Or, "maybe my social circle isn't helping my growth as a person or helping me to achieve my goals."

The world is littered with people like that. Fortunately for BrayON, he'll have the opportunity to make some choices now after what you would assume should be a very embarrassing rock bottom in his basketball career. He can go the Tyrese Martin route, or he can go the Jordan Hare route.

To your point about a coach's job being about taking talent and making it work...yeah. For THE WHOLE TEAM. Not one spoiled primadonna who's attitude is ruining it for everyone else.

We literally know the background story. Anyone with eyes has seen it. Anyone with a brain can put together his checkered past of teams and schools, combine that with his behavior, attitude, and benchings this season, and make sense of it.

If I'm Thorr, I'm more proud of the hire I've made today than at any point before.

Get your head scanned.
Blue Man just say what you mean, why beat around the bush. :D
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Sheesh. My turn!

Get your head scanned.
Blue Man just say what you mean, why beat around the bush. :D
I hope one day he's finally able to come out of his shell

2 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can take him in and mentor him.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I think someone above already called this. Bruce is either a R72 alt/burner account or a jumped-up troll-in-training coming for R72's crown.
2 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

This team could have used an Xavier Munford. I know the line is that Archie wanted to bring in young guys to build for the future. The problem with that is if the guys you get in March and onward are good enough. Even with the benefit of the new transfer rules, I am not sure how successful they were in doing that. X took a lot of pressure off his teammates, conducted himself like a pro, and in no way interfered with the development of other guys.

Archie is a very good coach, but he has not historically been a “rebuilder.” That works a different set of coaching muscles. Rhody fans were feeling pretty good about poaching an all-freshmen player from a conference foe, but I am not sure it could have turned out worse. In this rebuilding stuff, the last thing you want is a distraction, and both of the higher regarded transfers were just that. It doesn’t mean anything predictive, Archie is going to be really good at URI, but this season kind of feels like a false start so far.
Last edited by ace 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
7 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Man. Where did you learn to write? Like your sentences. Are fragments. Ending with periods in awkward positions. I have. A headache. From reading this post.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago
Man. Where did you learn to write? Like your sentences. Are fragments. Ending with periods in awkward positions. I have. A headache. From reading this post.
Tough to take a dig at him when reef hasn't used one period or comma in 10 years!
0 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

ace wrote: 1 year ago This team could have used an Xavier Munford. I know the line is that Archie wanted to bring in young guys to build for the future. The problem with that is if the guys you get in March and onward are good enough. Even with the benefit of the new transfer rules, I am not sure how successful they were in doing that. X took a lot of pressure off his teammates, conducted himself like a pro, and in no way interfered with the development of other guys.

Archie is a very good coach, but he has not historically been a “rebuilder.” That works a different set of coaching muscles. Rhody fans were feeling pretty good about poaching an all-freshmen player from a conference foe, but I am not sure it could have turned out worse. In this rebuilding stuff, the last thing you want is a distraction, and both of the higher regarded transfers were just that. It doesn’t mean anything predictive, Archie is going to be really good at URI, but this season kind of feels like a false start so far.

Ugh, that’s what many of us are concerned with…this season was a false start and we have another disappointing season next year. Then we are looking at year 4, but maybe even year 5 before we are where we want to be. That would suck.

A lost decade. How come when we have a bad hire following success we lose the next decade?
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago
ace wrote: 1 year ago This team could have used an Xavier Munford. I know the line is that Archie wanted to bring in young guys to build for the future. The problem with that is if the guys you get in March and onward are good enough. Even with the benefit of the new transfer rules, I am not sure how successful they were in doing that. X took a lot of pressure off his teammates, conducted himself like a pro, and in no way interfered with the development of other guys.

Ugh, that’s what many of us are concerned with…this season was a false start and we have another disappointing season next year. Then we are looking at year 4, but maybe even year 5 before we are where we want to be. That would suck.

A lost decade. How come when we have a bad hire following success we lose the next decade?
I don’t think it’s all that bad. Archie desperately needs to win at URI, so Rhody fans have that going for them. It’s definitely going a bit different than how I thought the early going would go, but I don’t think the eventual outcome is changed.
6 x