2024 Capital budget

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

2024 Capital budget

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The big news for most people in regards to this budget is already being talked about in the football area in regards to the improvement of Meade Stadium, however here are some other highlights:

Brookside 2 Apartment Building
The Governor recommends $170.6 million in FY 2023 - FY 2026 for construction of a new residence hall essentially identical to the existing Brookside Hall providing up to 500 new, apartment-style beds. The Governor recommends $163.1 million in Rhode Island Health and Education Building Corporation (RIHEBC) bond financing and $7.5 million in university funds.
It seems like construction will really begin sometime in FY 24

I had heard the combined Health Services building was pushed back, but this budget still has the building finished in FY 25

I had heard the Memorial Union renovation and expansion was pushed back, and that is the case, though not pushed back as long as I had heard. Looks like completion has gone from FY 26 to FY 28 with construction really beginning in FY 25

I am not seeing the $77.6 million life sciences building that was recently proposed, so it appears we weren't able to secure ARPA funding for that yet. Also nothing about future referendum questions we are putting up to voters.

We start on page 74 of the PDF/64 of the document

https://omb.ri.gov/sites/g/files/xkgbur ... Budget.pdf
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2024 Capital budget

Unread post by RF1 »

What is the section about $3.9M for the White Horn Brook Apartments, a new six story 500 bed building that is referenced on Page 76. It is separate from the $170.6M for the Brookside 2 Apartment building that will have 500 beds referenced on page 66. Are these two different buildings or are they one in the same with different names? The $3.9M appears to be for site prep and continuing construction.

Also nice to see the Fine arts Center still getting money proposed to finish its transformation.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago What is the section about $3.9M for the White Horn Brook Apartments, a new six story 500 bed building that is referenced on Page 76. It is separate from the $170.6M for the Brookside 2 Apartment building that will have 500 beds referenced on page 66. Are these two different buildings or are they one in the same with different names? The $3.9M appears to be for site prep and continuing construction.

Also nice to see the Fine arts Center still getting money proposed to finish its transformation.
White Horn Brook Apartments is the original name for Brookside Hall. Not sure what remains on that project, I assumed that was done
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Wasn't sure where to put this but an article of interest in the Boston Globe

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/under ... 6d8f89492e
3 x