Board Setup

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Board Setup

Unread post by theblueram »

How come the main topic on this board is buried below "liked" posts and general announcements? NCAA or Bust should have top billing, certainly above "liked" posts.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Board Setup

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Just an experiment. I would argue that regular visitors don't need or care about NCAAs or Bust being at the top. For less frequent visitors who arrive at the home page (and don't bookmark a certain section or use the excellent Unread Posts feature), the top liked posts are a good way to jump into some of the discussions more easily. I also want to promote high quality member posts that receive many likes, since those are key to maintaining the quality of discussion here.

This experiment has been running for a few weeks now. The announcements have always been above NCAAs or Bust.
7 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Thanks ATP. I just googled URI Basketball Message Board and it does list the basketball site which goes to NCAA or Bust. So I'm good. Thought everyone searching only ended up at the home page.
1 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

I do look in frequently and read numerous comments. But selectively offer my own opinion. I will add as an observation there was a time when upon submitting a post. There were some people that ridiculed and or attacked my comments. I am talking years back. I suspect those people are gone. And now there does seem to be friendly communication. My only thought or question is why not have a Keaneyblue Club . There is a place where regulars can frequent. It would show basic information about who you are. Where you live. What you do. When you graduated. Etc phone and email optional. Just think it would be an outstanding opportunity to upgrade the board.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago I do look in frequently and read numerous comments. But selectively offer my own opinion. I will add as an observation there was a time when upon submitting a post. There were some people that ridiculed and or attacked my comments. I am talking years back. I suspect those people are gone. And now there does seem to be friendly communication. My only thought or question is why not have a Keaneyblue Club . There is a place where regulars can frequent. It would show basic information about who you are. Where you live. What you do. When you graduated. Etc phone and email optional. Just think it would be an outstanding opportunity to upgrade the board.
lol, if you miss the attacks and ridicule....you can have some of mine :lol:
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago I do look in frequently and read numerous comments. But selectively offer my own opinion. I will add as an observation there was a time when upon submitting a post. There were some people that ridiculed and or attacked my comments. I am talking years back. I suspect those people are gone. And now there does seem to be friendly communication. My only thought or question is why not have a Keaneyblue Club . There is a place where regulars can frequent. It would show basic information about who you are. Where you live. What you do. When you graduated. Etc phone and email optional. Just think it would be an outstanding opportunity to upgrade the board.
If you wish, you can add those personal details in your Keaney Blue profile.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Hey Bruce, I remember you. We met a couple of times. I think Rod introduced us. You probably don't remember but good having you back in the discussion.
0 x