Sly Williams

Kasim Hill Returning for 2023 Season

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Re: Kasim Hill Returning for 2023 Season

Unread post by Bos8 »

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I had heard rumblings he would be applying for another year, but I hadn't heard if it would be approved or not.
Last edited by Bos8 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I presume he is also a PhD candidate.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

4 Years to break Tom Ehrhardt win accomplishment in 2 Years.....Reinforces how GREAT a QB Tom Ehrhardt was!
3 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Great news, hopefully URI can finally break through and make the playoffs in 2023 with Hill returning.

A seventh year of eligibility is wild to me but I’ll take it.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This will still be only his 4th full year of competition...1 at Maryland (got hurt 3rd game of FR year) and 2 at Rhody....u discount the mini Spring season he only played 3 games I think and that didn't count for anyone. Given how liberal the NCAA has been with eligibility it's not even that much of a stretch based on his situation.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We've been talking about how old college basketball players are. How old will Kasim be next season?
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Kasim is highly intelligent and education is important to his family. Both Mom and Dad are lawyers.
4 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago We've been talking about how old college basketball players are. How old will Kasim be next season?
He'll be 25
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

He's older than Mac Jones and Jalen Hurts.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago We've been talking about how old college basketball players are. How old will Kasim be next season?
There's currently an Oregon TE who was granted a ninth year of eligibility lol
0 x
PresWR
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PresWR »

Thank God he is coming back!! Playoffs here we come!!!
1 x
PresWR
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PresWR »

I am sure his teammates are happy he is returning regardless of his age. He suffered 2 unfortunate injuries! Let the age thing go and support our QB. Let’s go, PLAYOFFS!!
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I believe the age is more in the relation of the length of time in college and playing football, not that you are 25 playing college football. To have 7 years of eligibility or the Oregon TE who has 9 years of eligibility. That means you have been a fulltime college student for 7 years. What does that mean for a Student Athlete. I do not know the rules for academics...Just seems like a long time to be a full time college student. If you need to be fulltime college student to be a student athlete.
0 x
PresWR
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PresWR »

I think kids are required to take 12 hrs to be considered full time. It’s my understanding that Kasim has already graduated. If a young person can further his or her education on someone else’s dime while you play the game you love, I am not mad at them. I hope he breaks all the records and leads his team on a deep playoff run.
7 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Awesome News!!

GO RHODY!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Yeah, this could only be interpreted as good news. The last two seasons, he was just one win shy of making the playoffs both times. This is one more crack at it, very few people get this chance. Let's see the fire in the belly. Let's get past that threshold. Hill could be a pioneer for this program.
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

"Yeah, this could only be interpreted as good news. The last two seasons, he was just one win shy of making the playoffs both times. This is one more crack at it, very few people get this chance. Let's see the fire in the belly. Let's get past that threshold. Hill could be a pioneer for this program."

Correct JCru-this should be construed as a good thing. Hill will have to get in the 60+ % completion category for Rams to make playoffs. 54% is not going to cut it. Hill should be All American caliber.
He should be toying with people after dropping down from FBS. He had some success there. T. Ehrhardt moved up from D2.
1 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I agree. Hopefully he makes the jump. I like his reads and when he chooses to run, but he had a few too many balls that were overthrown. If he gets that under control, look out.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That was his biggest issue last year - overthrowing his targets.
A little improvement with the short passes too but if he gets his overthrowing in control it could be a great, great year.
He is deceptively quick for his size and adept at avoiding pass rushers.
2 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Absolutely agree this can only be seen as good news. From the OUTSIDE he seems to be bought in, and have the respect for his teammates. While both are critical for success, it isn't a given. From the OUTSIDE he appears to work hard and is focused on the right things. While he definitely has some football related things to work on (and this is 1AA, who doesn't?) he has experience and the right temperament to help us succeed. Beyond what has been mentioned, my biggest concern is health. With the way he plays, it is important to have at least a viable back up who can step in and keep the ship steady.
1 x
PresWR
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PresWR »

With Kasim and the returning weapons, it will be a Rocket Ride. Ed Lee and Caleb Warren will be missed but the WR room is loaded and the TE’s will surprise some people. Buckle up!!
0 x