2/1 | Saint Joseph’s | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/1 | Saint Joseph’s | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by bigappleram »

Can we stop pining for guys not playing.
Rory isn’t ready. Lou isn’t ready. It’s that simple.
Our guards turned the ball over 15 times and shot 30% we aren’t beating anyone with that stat line.
6 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Tchikou with a nice little stretch there. I know he's struggled at times, but there is something about that kid that I really like.
If You need a reference for a good Opthamologist, please advise. 8-)
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

No mystery here, this URI team has the deadly combination of bad shooting and bad ball handling. Inspired by the home court, they may veer from that pattern from time to time, but on the road the talent vacuum is exposed. It's a race between us and Loyola as the worst team in the A-10
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

That was probably the worst performance of the season . Awful is the word that best describes it . URI was never in this game . Why ? Start with
completely inept shooting , some of the silliest turnovers and ultra bad passes combined with less than intense perimeter defense. That pretty much sums it up . It was disheartening and very painful to watch . The sound you hear is a massive burst of air escaping from the balloon that carried the hopes of us delusional fans that were rooting for a season turn around . Obviously , what we witnessed at home was a major mirage the past two games.
it looks like this team just doesn't have it in them at this point in their collective careers . Archie will get them there , but it is going to be hard
to take until they are able to turn the corner sometime in the future . I hope my patience and my heart can withstand it . Very disappointed right now.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Obadiah wrote: 1 year ago No mystery here, this URI team has the deadly combination of bad shooting and bad ball handling. Inspired by the home court, they may veer from that pattern from time to time, but on the road the talent vacuum is exposed. It's a race between us and Loyola as the worst team in the A-10
We overreact from wins and we overreact from losses. Tonight was one of those games where literally everyone sucked. Everyone. Including the coach. It happens. As long as Carey comes back I still think we can win some games. Comparing us to Loyola is a stretch. They have won one game in the A10.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago Please Archie more portal next year. Find some shooters somewhere, anywhere
Archie's recruits have Indiana Univ in the top 5. The timing of Archie's hire made it impossible to recruit top freshmen and transfers. Forget this year. Let's see what he brings in next year. I consider next year to be Archie's first year at URI.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Can we stop pining for guys not playing.
Our guards turned the ball over 15 times and shot 30% we aren’t beating anyone with that stat line.
Then what is your plan for the last 8 games Mr Bigappleram? Give 25+ minutes to the same guys that are consistently shooting like shit and passing to the other team (Bassy/Martin), or give Hutchinson 10 min next game to see what he can do with a fair amount of time?
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
Then what is your plan for the last 8 games Mr Bigappleram? Give 25+ minutes to the same guys that are consistently shooting like shit and passing to the other team (Bassy/Martin), or give Hutchinson 10 min next game to see what he can do with a fair amount of time?
If Carey is healthy Lou is like 4th or 5th on the depth chart at the position he plays. Typically throwing a kid in situations he’s not ready for isn’t a great talent development strategy.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Also 77,
Essandoko is from Paris France, same as Alex Tchikou. So it would be interesting if they interact with one another and does it look like they are familiar with each other. One would think they might have played against each other in Paris growing up.
I see Shawn also, looks all of 6’7” but not the body of Essandoko.
How is the crowd? Rhody turnout?
And, can you also check to see if my cousin, Vinny, is here?
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I see Shawn also, looks all of 6’7” but not the body of Essandoko.
did anyone ask Jersey to check to see if Ant was there? :shock:

:lol:
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It is amazing - we play like absolute dogshit. Like inhumanly possibly bad.

And it still felt like a game we could’ve won had we played average and not abjectly terrible.

Still wouldn’t want to play us in Brooklyn - but man we could literally go 8-0 or 0-8 down the stretch. Exciting!
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

If Carey is out for a long stretch we are toast. Let’s hope not.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
If Carey is healthy Lou is like 4th or 5th on the depth chart at the position he plays. Typically throwing a kid in situations he’s not ready for isn’t a great talent development strategy.
You're saying "he's not ready" but what does this mean next year, when Archie hopefully brings in some instant-impact transfers?
Last edited by RhodyRams916 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

did anyone ask Jersey to check to see if Ant was there? :shock:

:lol:
Just got home.

No Ant, at least I didn't see him.

This was one of our winnable road games but blew the opportunity.
St. Joe's didn't play well but unfortunately, we played much worse.
They were also with starting forward Klaczek.

We were so careless with the ball, not able to make shots or finish, and I lost count of how many times we got blocked in the paint.

Quite a few empty seats and there were several Rhody fans, mostly sitting behind our bench.

As said so many times earlier, this teams needs to learn how to win on the road.
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

For real.. our guards just passed it to no one or directly to a joes player like once every 3 times down the floor lol
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Lucky for me I went to the game where our team beat St. Joe's in Double OT.
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
We overreact from wins and we overreact from losses. Tonight was one of those games where literally everyone sucked. Everyone. Including the coach. It happens. As long as Carey comes back I still think we can win some games. Comparing us to Loyola is a stretch. They have won one game in the A10.
I agree with you AND Obadiah: we do over-react and we have insufficient talent to compete at the top of the A10. We only have two players with above average A10 talent: Ish and Bray. After that we have Malik who is a warrior, Carey who is super athletic and little else and Bassy who is a good ball-handler and defender but can's shoot a lick. It is enough to steal a win or two at home when all the stars align is the proper orbit. Our away game at Loyola should be interesting.

For years I have posted as you have about over-reaction to wins and loses. But, I have come to accept that that is what fans do,
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Lucky for me I went to the game where our team beat St. Joe's in Double OT.
I watched both games, something I rarely do and didn't plan on doing. There was just one half of overlap. More to say on WBB thread.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

After having time to digest this game, I would have been better throwing it up.

After coming off 2 straight wins, granted La Salle wasn't pretty, our team should have looked sharper last night.
Instead, arguably our worst performance of the season.
Shooting 34% (FG), 7.7% (3PT), 60% (FT), assist/turnover (6/18)
Our entire team regressed yesterday.

We didn't seem ready to play and I guess the staff needs to take some of the blame.

Okay enough said on to SLU.
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I think it was Greenwell who once used a term along the lines of “mystery of the unknown” or something like that. As a fan, all we have to go on is what we see in games. Its why the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town in a losing city… but there is a reason typically that the guy is a backup. Coaches are in the gym every day working with these guys. I’m quite sure if someone could help us win by playing, our coaches would be playing them!
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago After having time to digest this game, I would have been better throwing it up.

After coming off 2 straight wins, granted La Salle wasn't pretty, our team should have looked sharper last night.
Instead, arguably our worst performance of the season.
Shooting 34% (FG), 7.7% (3PT), 60% (FT), assist/turnover (6/18)
Our entire team regressed yesterday.

We didn't seem ready to play and I guess the staff needs to take some of the blame.

Okay enough said on to SLU.
Damn those 3 pt. and assist to turnover stats are historically abysmal.
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
I agree with you AND Obadiah: we do over-react and we have insufficient talent to compete at the top of the A10. We only have two players with above average A10 talent: Ish and Bray. After that we have Malik who is a warrior, Carey who is super athletic and little else and Bassy who is a good ball-handler and defender but can's shoot a lick. It is enough to steal a win or two at home when all the stars align is the proper orbit. Our away game at Loyola should be interesting.

For years I have posted as you have about over-reaction to wins and loses. But, I have come to accept that that is what fans do,
I beg to differ. Thomas is not a good defender. Granted he may be better than Freeman, which isn't saying much. The kid tries hard, but he is severely overmatched at this level.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Hey, what heck, we have a stretch with no games coming, so maybe we can beat this around. Define “not ready yet”.
For me not ready yet is a nice way of saying, not good enough to play at this D1 level. I think in A-10, we recruit and get players that require to be coached up to the rigors, intensity, and grind of D1. These players have some skill set(s) that attracted recruiting staffs in the beginning. Their flaws emerge in the learning and adaptation to the college game. The coaching up has its limitations and playing significant minutes becomes a liability, coaches are judged on wins and losses. These players have got to recognize these flaws and make strides in practice to improve them. Some players just never get there.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago
I think it was Greenwell who once used a term along the lines of “mystery of the unknown” or something like that. As a fan, all we have to go on is what we see in games. Its why the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town in a losing city… but there is a reason typically that the guy is a backup. Coaches are in the gym every day working with these guys. I’m quite sure if someone could help us win by playing, our coaches would be playing them!
During the Mews Coaches Show Archie talked about how they track every FT and other stats for every practice. He and his staff know what they are doing. He has said from the beginning that how players do in practice will impact playing time. Have to trust the coach in this.
Last year heard the same from some who wanted to see more of Ileri Ayo-Faleye and Tres Berry plus talked up the potential of Samb who was redshirting. Ileri now at Vermont and Berry at Charleston Southern.
If Miller has the wrong guys sitting out in the 11th, 12th and 13th roster positions then we’ve got big problems. Surely if Hutchinson was ready and could help Miller would be playing him.
Hope springs eternal for the back up QB and the guys on the bench who don’t get playing time.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

You're saying "he's not ready" but what does this mean next year, when Archie hopefully brings in some instant-impact transfers?
It means like many other FR will have had a year to develop and be better prepared to compete for playing time. This isn’t a foreign concept there are FR all over the country even on mediocre to bad teams that aren’t playing bc they aren’t ready. Doesn’t mean they won’t ever be ready.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
... The coaching up has its limitations and playing significant minutes becomes a liability, coaches are judged on wins and losses. These players have got to recognize these flaws and make strides in practice to improve them. Some players just never get there.
Two thoughts here:
1. Jim Baron lasted 11 years because he realized he was judged on wins and losses so he scheduled a plethora of weak OOC competition. I judge coaches on how they do in the A10 and NCAAT,
2. It is difficult to make "significant" improvement in skills during the season. Doing so can involve moving one step backwards to improve by two steps forward.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It means like many other FR will have had a year to develop and be better prepared to compete for playing time. This isn’t a foreign concept there are FR all over the country even on mediocre to bad teams that aren’t playing bc they aren’t ready. Doesn’t mean they won’t ever be ready.
This is less true today because most players at this level have been playing highly competitive AAU ball since the eighth grade. I said "less true" because there are "diamonds in the rough" who are late developers or have not followed the usual path. These players can make great progress between their freshman and sophomore years.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

This was a "burn the tapes" kind of game. Nothing went right. Literally nothing. No one played good. Really, no one even stood out as "average" - like missed shots, dumb decisions, everyone was flat. From the coach on down last night was a forget and move on.

I still wonder about why we have to be subjected to so much Bassy instead of Lou or a manager or a mop kid - literally I would rather watch anyone else in the arena try to play than Bassy.

But - I keep coming back to Archie's desire to have "doing the right things" in practice be the deciding factor of PT. We have no idea - for all we know Bassy is a practice hero/and he was on the floor for the whole comeback against La Salle.

But if you're establishing a culture in a lost season, you've got to have one bedrock rule - and it seems like whatever it is, Bassy is on the right side of it and Lou is on the wrong side of it.

Again, success isn't linear, it's still a rebuild, last night sucked - but we're 100% capable of beating or losing to anyone in this conference. Excitement!
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

As of this morning, there are 25 D1 teams that have not won a single true road game (as defined by the NCAA) this season. The Rhode Island Rams are one of them.

383 Days and counting
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago I still wonder about why we have to be subjected to so much Bassy instead of Lou or a manager or a mop kid - literally I would rather watch anyone else in the arena try to play than Bassy.

But - I keep coming back to Archie's desire to have "doing the right things" in practice be the deciding factor of PT. We have no idea - for all we know Bassy is a practice hero/and he was on the floor for the whole comeback against La Salle.
I think this is a matter of roster construction more than anything else. There are only two "true" PGs on the roster, Freeman and Thomas, and Archie is trying to actively coach Freeman. I think he recognizes that this is mostly a lost or development year, so it's worth it to bench Freeman at times to coach him, and just have Thomas take the lumps. If Thomas isn't playing well either, it doesn't make sense to rip up the rotation to have someone else (Leggett, Carey, Martin, Hutch, etc.) to play really out of position at the 1. Not a perfect comparison, but - Sometimes when you're down huge in a baseball game, you just leave the starter or a bullpen guy out there to take the lumps. Plenty of experience with Red Sox pitchers like Way Back Wasdin and Joe Hesketh doing that.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Keep the tape of last nites game. Fire is up first day of official practice(maybe in the new practice facility) show it to next years players, and Archie simply says, no more.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

This is less true today because most players at this level have been playing highly competitive AAU ball since the eighth grade. I said "less true" because there are "diamonds in the rough" who are late developers or have not followed the usual path. These players can make great progress between their freshman and sophomore years.
The counter to that is most kids these days do a 5th year at prep. Lou did not and enrolled the more traditional way straight out of high school. He is a full year behind in experience vs similar FR in the league/country. Lou (and other kids his age) missed 6-12 months of competitive team basketball due to Covid. The A10 has been defined as a league full of "diamonds in the rough", seldom are their A10 freshmen that come in and make an impact. We are a league of 2 and 3 star kids that take time to develop. Don't think AAU has changed that dynamic all that much.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

The counter to that is most kids these days do a 5th year at prep. Lou did not and enrolled the more traditional way straight out of high school. He is a full year behind in experience vs similar FR in the league/country. Lou (and other kids his age) missed 6-12 months of competitive team basketball due to Covid. The A10 has been defined as a league full of "diamonds in the rough", seldom are their A10 freshmen that come in and make an impact. We are a league of 2 and 3 star kids that take time to develop. Don't think AAU has changed that dynamic all that much.
Lou also missed even more time due to injury. He was initially a '24 recruit but reclassed. I still think he gets there but he's (understandably) behind.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago I still wonder about why we have to be subjected to so much Bassy instead of Lou or a manager or a mop kid - literally I would rather watch anyone else in the arena try to play than Bassy.

I think this is a matter of roster construction more than anything else. There are only two "true" PGs on the roster, Freeman and Thomas, and Archie is trying to actively coach Freeman. I think he recognizes that this is mostly a lost or development year, so it's worth it to bench Freeman at times to coach him, and just have Thomas take the lumps. If Thomas isn't playing well either, it doesn't make sense to rip up the rotation to have someone else (Leggett, Carey, Martin, Hutch, etc.) to play really out of position at the 1. Not a perfect comparison, but - Sometimes when you're down huge in a baseball game, you just leave the starter or a bullpen guy out there to take the lumps. Plenty of experience with Red Sox pitchers like Way Back Wasdin and Joe Hesketh doing that.
Yeah this is 100% accurate. It's frustrating but I get it.

In the long run it will benefit Bray, which will benefit us. It doesn't make it any less painful in the meantime.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago This was a "burn the tapes" kind of game. Nothing went right. Literally nothing. No one played good. Really, no one even stood out as "average" - like missed shots, dumb decisions, everyone was flat. From the coach on down last night was a forget and move on.

I still wonder about why we have to be subjected to so much Bassy instead of Lou or a manager or a mop kid - literally I would rather watch anyone else in the arena try to play than Bassy.

But if you're establishing a culture in a lost season, you've got to have one bedrock rule - and it seems like whatever it is, Bassy is on the right side of it and Lou is on the wrong side of it.

Again, success isn't linear, it's still a rebuild, last night sucked - but we're 100% capable of beating or losing to anyone in this conference. Excitement!
Malik Martin had a game high and a career high 13 rebounds. Next closest was 8 rebounds by Leggett. Martin had 4 assists to lead URI - the team goal in assists was only 6.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Not sure that having only 2 and 3 star gets you to the top tier teams and to the tournament these days.
Those were kinda what Baron had, Hurley had multiple 4 stars on our tournament teams .
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I believe Bray needs a lot of coaching and he seemed to be trying to add to his numbers at the end of the game which had no impact. Why do you need to get a turnover and race down court for a layup with 9 seconds to go when you are down 16. Bad look IMO!!!!!!!
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure that having only 2 and 3 star gets you to the top tier teams and to the tournament these days.
Those were kinda what Baron had, Hurley had multiple 4 stars on our tournament teams .
Again, we have multiple 4 star players.
1 x
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Let’s not overreact to last nights fiasco. I still remember our Ncaa team of 16-17 losing to the bottom dweller Fordham by 10 at home .

Yesterday was a bad game, bad lazy passes, shots usually made -missed, , numerous layups and close in shots missed etc etc etc

Let’s see how they finish the season and not draw final conclusions about the team and individuals yet.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Quite a few empty seats and there were several Rhody fans, mostly sitting behind our bench.

Far more seats were empty than filled. The reported attendance at St Joe's last night was just 1,121 in a venue that has a listed capacity of 4,200. The Hawks are averaging just 1,418 through 12 games this season. That however is still much better than Fordham. The Bronx Rams are averaging a paltry 835 for 16 games to date for the season. This despite the fact that they are having their best season (now 18-4 overall and 6-3 in the A-10) since joining the league three decades ago. For a good perspective on the vast program disparities in the A-10, consider this: Fordham's TOTAL (16 games) home attendance for the year of 13,357 is still below the Dayton single game average (13,407). The URI women's basketball team has attracted more fans ytd (14,378) in five less home games than the Fordham men with the Lady Rams averaging 1,307.
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago This was a "burn the tapes" kind of game. Nothing went right. Literally nothing. No one played good. Really, no one even stood out as "average" - like missed shots, dumb decisions, everyone was flat. From the coach on down last night was a forget and move on.

Malik Martin had a game high and a career high 13 rebounds. Next closest was 8 rebounds by Leggett. Martin had 4 assists to lead URI - the team goal in assists was only 6.
He also took two horrendously bad 3's, had 4 turnovers, and missed 2 layups if I remember correctly.

He's our best rebounder by far and probably our best defender - certainly doesn't mean he's a complete player or that he played well.

For a 23 year old 5th year senior who's started 84 games and played in 131 - it's OK to expect a little more.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

He also took two horrendously bad 3's, had 4 turnovers, and missed 2 layups if I remember correctly.

He's our best rebounder by far and probably our best defender - certainly doesn't mean he's a complete player or that he played well.

For a 23 year old 5th year senior who's started 84 games and played in 131 - it's OK to expect a little more.
Don’t disagree.
But a career high 13 rebounds is not something to overlook and just blanket statement that nobody played well. Plus on top of being the top rebounder he gets 4 of a very weak team total of only 6 assists. Samb had an assist. So all the guards got a grand total of 1 assist. Poor passing and too much dribbling. Everyone was not equally bad.

13 consecutive road losses.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Why would you watch PC when Lady Rams are in double OT, Celtics are waxing Kyrie and B’s in Toronto

Yeah no thanks, wouldn’t cross the street to watch PC.

Just me I guess….
That Celtics first quarter quickly brought me out of my funk from the Rhody game. That was incredible.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Don’t disagree.
But a career high 13 rebounds is not something to overlook and just blanket statement that nobody played well. Plus on top of being the top rebounder he gets 4 of a very weak team total of only 6 assists. Samb had an assist. So all the guards got a grand total of 1 assist. Poor passing and too much dribbling. Everyone was not equally bad.

When both teams shoot so poorly, there are a lot of rebounds to be had.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Don’t disagree.

Of course. So Samb and Tchikou should rack up some big numbers too with all those misses.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Don’t disagree.

Of course. So Samb and Tchikou should rack up some big numbers too with all those misses.
They should, but they don't. We desperately need a rebounding big. Maybe it's Bilau. Maybe it's Foumena. Maybe he's not on the roster yet.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

They should, but they don't. We desperately need a rebounding big. Maybe it's Bilau. Maybe it's Foumena. Maybe he's not on the roster yet.
Right. But you seem to be dismissing Martin’s 13 career high rebounds as if there were lots of missed shots to make that possible. Yet all 5 guys on the floor (not counting St Joe guys) had the same chance at those rebounds. We outrebounded St Joe too.

But my statement was in reply to BlueMan saying that all of our players played bad. Martin had 4 turnovers but 4 assists. The whole team had 6 assists.

Miller talks about effort. Effort in last nights game was definitely not equal among the players.
1 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Can't say I am surprised by this result. What I am surprised about are people that think this team may go on a run or finish in the top four of the conference. I love your passion Blue Man but that is a large leap. This team is pretty bad and just lacks talent. They usually play very good defense but just struggle to put the ball in the basket. A woeful offensive team. I was expecting more from many players. But they are not who we thought they were. We have not won a game on the road all year and we struggle at St. Joes even when we are good so not sure why getting thumped by a team that had won five of its previous six with the only loss being in OT at GW is so shocking. This team is much closer to the worse team in the league than the top four. We beat Fordham when Malik shot out of his mind, St. Bonaventure when their best player slept walked for 36 minutes of the game, Dayton at the free throw line and Lasalle who just melted down in epic fashion. They will be competitive at home but will not win a game on the road all year.

As mentioned they will not win on the road and that includes Loyola of Chicago. At home they have VCU, UMass, GW and Davidson. I am hard pressed to find a win in that group. They could win a game or two since they are home but I expect their final A10 record to be 5-13. LaSalle is not walking through that door.

I hate to be the pessimistic one here but I really believe the above will be the reality. I do not think they are very good and really are one of the worse teams in the league. I have no idea what people are seeing when they start talking about top four in the league. And people have to stop putting unrealistic expectations on this team. It sucks, I will still be at all four home games rooting them on but I am not expecting much. Why the roster is like this is another thing but will not get into any of that here. I really hope they can improve the roster a lot for next year because it needs to be much better than it currently is. They are undermanned in virtually every A10 game they go into. How that has happened so fast is perplexing. With Cox, we usually underperformed to our talent level. Now the talent level is barren and coaching can only do so much.
4 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

This ^^

He misses SOOO many wide open threes, he should really just stop it at this point. Same with Bassy, like holy fucking shit just stop shooting threes. You're wasting valuable possessions.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This ^^

He misses SOOO many wide open threes, he should really just stop it at this point. Same with Bassy, like holy fucking shit just stop shooting threes. You're wasting valuable possessions.
I wonder if Malik is just perpetually banged up or something. Seems like he's always rolling his ankles, so maybe that's effecting his offensive game.
0 x