1/28 | La Salle | 2:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/28 | La Salle | 2:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by bigappleram »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

Stop it, those prime seats are plenty empty now, and have been since fans came back from the pandemic, as well.

And we wouldn't be "giving" them anything. They're paying for a third of the Ryan Center and a condition of making those payments were those seats
They were all full today. Not by students. And what should we do about those seats for half of the season when students aren’t even around?
I mean, what do other colleges do? I'm guessing open them up to everyone?
Most schools put their students in the end zone
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

They were all full today. Not by students. And what should we do about those seats for half of the season when students aren’t even around?
Literally what we already do for the student seats now
I know.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Right, that's why it's not an excuse for them not showing up.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Right, that's why it's not an excuse for them not showing up.
Agreed
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago I will take on incoming hits. For me Bray is too fragile, hot/cold, etc. He has to find, between his ears, that leveling mechanism that is a total team contributed w/o the peaks and valleys.
A small but telling thing about Bray occurred when he made a trey with URI down double digits and he hops back up the court giving the three finger sign to the crowd. It is as though scoring by him is more important than the team winning. It may not be true but it leaves a negative impression with me about what is important to him. I would much rather see positive emotions from bray when a teammate does something good.
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Our FT shooting needs to be better.
Just donate a copy of your instructional video and problem solved. I picture you to be the Tom Emanski of FT shooting.
That would be bad for business!
NCAAs or Bust!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago
tommy Penders enjoys the ECR limoncello kool aid

YESSIR !

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER !
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

With the great comeback win over La Salle, Archie Miller equals the number of wins Dan Hurley got in his first season at URI.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

With the two point win over LaSalle at home yesterday, Rhody's NET ranking drops six places from 229 to 235. The loss in Kingston improves LaSalle's rank from 276 up to 270. What had been a gap between the teams of 47 spaces before tip-off yesterday is now 35 today.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We moved up 1 after beating UD and they moved up 2.
UD just walloped Richmond blowing way past all predictive metrics. Why didn’t that make our win even better.
Make it make sense, you can’t.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The NET is a constant issue across the board.
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago We moved up 1 after beating UD and they moved up 2.
UD just walloped Richmond blowing way past all predictive metrics. Why didn’t that make our win even better.
It doesn't make a lot of sense.

But at this point, I really don't care.
I would only pay attention when it really matters to us.

Based on the eye test and records no team in the A10 is deserving of an at-large bid.
Possibly SLU, if they can run the table (or close) and make it to the finals of the A10T.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Can't worry about NET right now. Win 2 of 3 on the road...come home, beat VCU in a huge emotional game...get to 10 and 6...and there'll be more Rhody fans in Brooklyn than we've seen at the Ry for most games this year.

Speaking of wi-fi....new term.... "Ry-fi".
With "Ry-fi", you can sometimes get and send texts (as long as no moving gifs/memes, etc), but you can't access the internet to look at stats. At one point in the first half, it seemed like LaSalle made every three....so, I thought I'd use my phone to look up what their percentage was (don't be silly, stats aren't going on the video/scoreboard, that's where ads go :roll: ).... but no, you can't look them up on your phone either because....Ry-fi.... but you could text someone at home and ask them to look it up for you... :lol:
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago We moved up 1 after beating UD and they moved up 2.
There were like 100+ college basketball games played yesterday. It creates ripple effects that you can't easily "see" from one W-L result. We'd also have no clue what URI's NET would be if they had lost. I suspect it would have been a steeper drop. We were the home team and won by 2 against a not-so-great opponent - our rating should drop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Can't worry about NET right now. Win 2 of 3 on the road...come home, beat VCU in a huge emotional game...get to 10 and 6...and there'll be more Rhody fans in Brooklyn than we've seen at the Ry for most games this year.

With "Ry-fi", you can sometimes get and send texts (as long as no moving gifs/memes, etc), but you can't access the internet to look at stats. At one point in the first half, it seemed like LaSalle made every three....so, I thought I'd use my phone to look up what their percentage was (don't be silly, stats aren't going on the video/scoreboard, that's where ads go :roll: ).... but no, you can't look them up on your phone either because....Ry-fi.... but you could text someone at home and ask them to look it up for you... :lol:
Ry-fi... That's a good one!

"Hang on a sec ... Text me a picture of me looking at my phone texting you so I can look at it when I get home
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
It's a feature that keeps attendees as a captive audience while msintaining the pretense that you have all the modern technology without having to pay for it.
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Can't worry about NET right now. Win 2 of 3 on the road...come home, beat VCU in a huge emotional game...get to 10 and 6...and there'll be more Rhody fans in Brooklyn than we've seen at the Ry for most games this year.

They do show team stats in the corner above section 207....shooting percentages, rebounds, assists, block and steals. I'm not sure if they are shown anywhere else, but that's the one that I can see.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
It's a feature that keeps attendees as a captive audience while msintaining the pretense that you have all the modern technology without having to pay for it.
Funniest stuff I’ve heard in a while on this board.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Sorry for the late videos. 6 of my best friends came to the game with me. We went to Coast Guard for brunch, the game, Mews, Tavern on main, and for some reason, ended up at New Dragon. LONGGGG but an incredibly fun day.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Was only able to watch the first half because I had an event to go to. When I got there it was 60-46 so I was in for quite a surprise when I checked the score later. It was the opposite of the past few years when we blew double digit 2nd half leads on a regular basis. This is so much better.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Sorry for the late videos. 6 of my best friends came to the game with me. We went to Coast Guard for brunch, the game, Mews, Tavern on main, and for some reason, ended up at New Dragon. LONGGGG but an incredibly fun day.

Thanks for these Stevey, great clips as always. That was a fun place to be yesterday. I think the whole of section 211 stood for the entire final 2 minutes.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The size and engagement of the crowd was really impressive. Arch had to notice; and think about what it can be when we get good.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

He specifically mentioned the crowd at least twice in his post game press conference
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Sorry for the late videos. 6 of my best friends came to the game with me. We went to Coast Guard for brunch, the game, Mews, Tavern on main, and for some reason, ended up at New Dragon. LONGGGG but an incredibly fun day.

Was that you guys with the Archie sports jackets on? I sit in 212 was loving the outfits.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Thanks for posting Stevey.
I was away and unable to watch the game.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

We got into Lasalles head toward the end of the game. Who missed the dunk for Lasalle that was a HUGE error on his part if he just did a layup....
OH WELL!!!!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago We got into Lasalles head toward the end of the game. Who missed the dunk for Lasalle that was a HUGE error on his part if he just did a layup....
OH WELL!!!!
God rejected that after an egregious no call on a blatant foul at the other end.

As the great Sheed once said - "Ball don't lie."
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago Wouldn’t mind seeing them mess around with more small ball. Give Rory and Lou some run at the “5” and space the shit out of the floor.
KL, I have no idea if Arch would do it or will do it but, I’d like to see it just out of curiosity. Could be fun to watch - Slice and dice the D.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We went with Rory at the 5 for a short stretch. He put him in over Tchikou in first half. We will really struggle to defend and get rebounds with Rory at the 5. Malik is a man it’s different.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago We went with Rory at the 5 for a short stretch. He put him in over Tchikou in first half. We will really struggle to defend and get rebounds with Rory at the 5. Malik is a man it’s different.
Can’t run that same 5 all game as your small ball lineup, guys need rest. Rory/Lou would be a way to stay smaller if the staff is sick of these pathetic efforts out of Samb and Alex
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago We went with Rory at the 5 for a short stretch. He put him in over Tchikou in first half. We will really struggle to defend and get rebounds with Rory at the 5. Malik is a man it’s different.
Can’t run that same 5 all game as your small ball lineup, guys need rest. Rory/Lou would be a way to stay smaller if the staff is sick of these pathetic efforts out of Samb and Alex
He basically did playing Martin at the 5.

Saw a lot of Rory at the 5 against Dayton as well.

Archie is getting the message across that defensive lapses will not be tolerated. It’s why we haven’t seen Lou Hutch.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

Archie is getting the message across that defensive lapses will not be tolerated. It’s why we haven’t seen Lou Hutch.
I really like Lou's upside and potential. Nice body, hard worker, super smart well spoken driven young man. His game is not A-10 ready. He was the 4th option on LUHI last year. He averaged 6 points a game. He would be hard pressed to see any time on this year's version of LUHI. He would be a role prayer at LUHI. He had a great moment against a bad Stony Brook team- 15 points. He has scored a total 15 points in the other 10 or so games he played in. He really needed another year of Prep but Archie and staff gave him this opportunity. 6'7" and probably 190. Scary scene at LUHI this afternoon. Player from Roselle Catholic collapsed on the court. He did not need CPR or AED but was stretchered out and game was called. Duke commit from Roselle turned ankle in first minute of game. At least 10 division one recruits between the two programs.

Once Brandon started getting going and gaining confidence Lou was done. Rory should transfer! I'll make a phone call and he could be Adelphi's 6th man.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Lou is not nearly strong enough to be a big in a small lineup.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I am adjusting my end of regular season win total to 12 from 10 previously. That's 12-18, going 4-5 the rest of the way.

8-10 league record. Will that keep us out of the piggies?
On our very own bubble!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Yeah some of the suggestions are getting cray. We can get away with that lineup with Malik bc he is far and away our best rebounder. Rory cannot play for long stretches are you guys watching the action when he’s out there. He will be turned into minced meat by even an average A10 big. He’s not ready for anything but emergency action.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I am adjusting my end of regular season win total to 12 from 10 previously. That's 12-18, going 4-5 the rest of the way.

8-10 league record. Will that keep us out of the piggies?
7-2 the rest of the way...maybe 8-1
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Can we talk about Archie’s energy today on the side?!?! He was FIRED UP!!! Loved to see it.
Ha! Multiple times my wife said to me, "Look at Archie!". Dude was on the floor...not like Hurls, who was always 'on the court'...Arch was literally ON THE FLOOR....like on all 4s...to layng right down. At one point, because of where we sit, we could see him, lying on the floor, and Dunphy standing in the background .. I laughed and told my wife I didn't think we were going to see the suited up Dunphy do that
This reminds me of, in this video, around the 2:45ish mark, where Keith (Dunphy) is looking at Grohl (Arch), like..."wtf...?"

eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

"saw a lot of Rory at the five"? Come on man--he played 3 minutes in the game. Check the kool aid......
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
EZBuckets wrote: 1 year ago WHAT. A. GAME!

Despite the severe lack of students, we had an excellent crowd & the Ryan Center was absolutely ELECTRIC once we started mounting our comeback down the stretch.

My voice is absolutely cooked (I sound like Kathleen Turner right now) but it was 100% worth it.

These last two games were so damn fun and needless to say I’m very excited for the rest of this season & beyond. The future is bright!
EZ, the running joke in our section is the dice are loaded. Not one person has landed a 7 all season, lol.
Actually, I've seen a bunch of 7's....our joke is, if you roll zero 7's, you should get a prize that is slightly better than if you get 1...
Maybe reef, luke. or someone vegas-y can speculate on the odds there...but, seems to me, I like my chances of getting 1, better than none...
Since everyone else was too lazy too look this up for me, the google agrees...
The "zero 7s" prize, should be better than the "1" 7 prize...easier to get 1 7 than zero 7s...
-odds of rolling one 7 with 4 dice = 51.7%
-odds of zero 7's - 48.2%
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago We got into Lasalles head toward the end of the game. Who missed the dunk for Lasalle that was a HUGE error on his part if he just did a layup....
OH WELL!!!!
That was Nickelberry, who killed us in first half with 4 3-pointers. Karma baby!
steviep123
Sly Williams

I can’t find the replay on espn+. Anyone have it?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Just checked and it is on espn+. You need to change the date.
steviep123
Sly Williams

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Just checked and it is on espn+. You need to change the date.
I'll give that a try. I went to on demand and it only showed that day and future, which seemed odd, but perhaps it only shows current day and forward unless you change the date.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Can you then text them to me please?
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Can we talk about Archie’s energy today on the side?!?! He was FIRED UP!!! Loved to see it.
Ha! Multiple times my wife said to me, "Look at Archie!". Dude was on the floor...not like Hurls, who was always 'on the court'...Arch was literally ON THE FLOOR....like on all 4s...to layng right down. At one point, because of where we sit, we could see him, lying on the floor, and Dunphy standing in the background .. I laughed and told my wife I didn't think we were going to see the suited up Dunphy do that
This reminds me of, in this video, around the 2:45ish mark, where Keith (Dunphy) is looking at Grohl (Arch), like..."wtf...?"

That was awesome!
If you’ve never seen teen spirit on snl, do yourself a favor.
Grohl’s drumming is insane.
I actually bought a replica tee-shirt of the homemade flipper shirt that kurt wore. I suppose I should’ve just made one myself with a sharpie, but… Nevermind (see what i did there?)
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

EZ, the running joke in our section is the dice are loaded. Not one person has landed a 7 all season, lol.
Actually, I've seen a bunch of 7's....our joke is, if you roll zero 7's, you should get a prize that is slightly better than if you get 1...
Maybe reef, luke. or someone vegas-y can speculate on the odds there...but, seems to me, I like my chances of getting 1, better than none...
Since everyone else was too lazy too look this up for me, the google agrees...
The "zero 7s" prize, should be better than the "1" 7 prize...easier to get 1 7 than zero 7s...
-odds of rolling one 7 with 4 dice = 51.7%
-odds of zero 7's - 48.2%
Can you fill in for me at work sometimes?😝

The other joke here is…where did you get your odds?
Most people would tell you the odds of rolling a 7 (on 1 die) are 0.
Last edited by rhodyrudder 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago The Ruckus should be disbarred and reassembled. What an embarrassment to have a pretty full arena and empty student section. How can there not be 100-200 die hard hoops fans at a school of thousands.

As far as the game goes not much more to say that hasn’t been said. I was pleading for Bray to be put back in but that’s why Archie is paid the big bucks. Rode the unit that was defending. A month ago this team couldn’t have come back from double digits against Lasalle High School. Character win.
This is what happens when you put students in the worst seats and have someone in their mid 30s be the student section leader. We all would have shit on this when we were students if this situation was in place for us
I totally disagree with this. If the students were in the 100's behind the bench, they still would not have been at the past few games.
AND, talk about what it would look like on TV if we had the lower level sparsely occupied.

I teach a class each semester at URI and always try to hype up the games. My students look at me like I am crazy.

After the Dayton game, I said who was at that exciting game last night?....CRICKETS from 35 students...NOT ONE Student in 35 went to the game.

I think the University needs to do more to promote the games on campus. Remember players knocking on dorm room doors under Hurley, giving out pizzas in the Ruckus line before the games, parachuting gift cards from the rafters, etc.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The Jim Baron "tease" was a master plan at getting the students out.

He'd have the team ranked in the Top-25 two months into the season only for the team to fizzle at the very end of the season and barely make the NIT.

Sucks for us, but students love to go see a Top-25 ranked team.

Archie will get the students back at some point, not going to happen this season tho
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

jcru wrote: 1 year ago The Jim Baron "tease" was a master plan at getting the students out.

He'd have the team ranked in the Top-25 two months into the season only for the team to fizzle at the very end of the season and barely make the NIT.

Sucks for us, but students love to go see a Top-25 ranked team.

Archie will get the students back at some point, not going to happen this season tho
Agreed with your points. Benefits of a cupcake schedule for a school full of apathetic fans.

I think Archie could get them back this year. Day games when it's nice are a tough sell to these kids. Weeknight games are easier.

Take 2 out of 3 on the road here, VCU will have 6500+ in the building with students. Pull that win off? You'll have 2000+ students in the door the rest of the way home.

Give to Rhody's NIL