1/4 | Fordham | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: 1/4 | Fordham | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago I dislike when Arch pulls Weston after 2 fouls, he's rarely out there for the stretch anyhow I wish he would just let him get into a flow in the first half and see if he can knock off some more rust and uncertainty. If he picks up a 3rd who cares based on his usage in 2nd half.
Thought Weston was playing well up until the second foul, too. Hardly saw him again after that.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Did this game have the world record for technicals ? (With little reason).
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Rory Stewart is terrible 😭😭😭. Can’t hit a wide open 3.
just taking a look now at this thread and there might be other Rory feedback... I think he just needs to be given some direction like, "ok, when we put you in, just start jacking threes...we may leave you in there 5 minutes, maybe just two, maybe one...keep firing..." Find out if he can shoot it or not. (I thought that was what he was recruited for?) He missed a couple, then it seemed like he was too afraid to take an almost layup... I think Arch probably (hopefully) realizes he can't expect him to be a good shooter if he gets yanked after he misses a couple
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Nice to see a win that could’ve got away from them but didn’t.

Archie talked about the importance of that and the growth that this team has made to focus on closing out the last week.

Like I said - so many open shots, tonight we hit them and won.

If it’s a confidence thing (which I think it is) these wins will help the guys. Seeing more shots go in will lead to even more. Malik did a lot tonight, but he’s really at his best not hesitating. It’s all confidence.

The bigs were great. 7/9 FT’s - a lot of those down the stretch. Huge. Nice to see that we’re a good FT shooting team for what feels like the first time in a while.

Those refs can get fucked though. The BS flop call after the proper flop call, and then not calling the obvious flop on Quisinberry was disgusting. Game was 30-40 mins longer because of those dicks.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If there’s still any Rory Stewart defenders after that performance, you should stop talking.

Missed two threes, had a PATHETIC turnover in the paint, and didn’t play a lick of defense.

Should probably transfer after the season if he wants playing time.

Besides that, Malik was great, Leggett was great. Thomas was clutch as well.

After a quiet first half, Freeman didn’t sulk, and had a great second half. Gotta give him credit.

Onto La Salle.
4 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Good to hang on for a team still learning how to win as a group.

Loved seeing Bray embrace being a facilitator when his shots weren't falling, made some big baskets in 2nd half and the 8 assists are a season high

As a team we had 17 assists on 26 baskets; that's great

Some good moments from Tchikou

They guarded our 2-3 scorers hard and literally let everyone else play in space and wide open. It didn't work. These are Div 1 basketball players at end of day. With unlimited time and space you make below average shooters better. Samb, Tchikou and Malik were given 3-4 feet of space and dared to shoot.

I dislike when Arch pulls Weston after 2 fouls, he's rarely out there for the stretch anyhow I wish he would just let him get into a flow in the first half and see if he can knock off some more rust and uncertainty. If he picks up a 3rd who cares based on his usage in 2nd half.

And lastly, our TV crew is PAINFUL to listen to. PAINFUL. Something has to be done.
I agree about Weston, Bar. He seems to come in every game and have a nice impact early. Then picks up two fouls and barely sees the floor. He seemed frustrated when he came out after a few minutes in the second half. I know I keep saying it but he deserves more minutes.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Watched on ESPN+. Disgusting performance by the refs. Rory Stewart got three minutes of PT and clearly showed why he rides the bench. His defensive effort was pathetic.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago If there’s still any Rory Stewart defenders after that performance, you should stop talking.

Missed two threes, had a PATHETIC turnover in the paint, and didn’t play a lick of defense.

After a quiet first half, Freeman didn’t sulk, and had a great second half. Gotta give him credit.

Onto La Salle.
I don't think Rory gets enough time to get into game flow. You can't say, "we brought this guy in to b a shooter", and then yank him every time after he misses two....seems to me a dude - who's supposed to be a shooter, can't be judged on two shots per game... Then again, what do I know? cough, Baldwin, cough cough
3 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

After watching this game I must say I was wrong about Fordham. They are not that good at all.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago If there’s still any Rory Stewart defenders after that performance, you should stop talking.

Onto La Salle.
I don't think Rory gets enough time to get into game flow. You can't say, "we brought this guy in to b a shooter", and then yank him every time after he misses two....seems to me a dude - who's supposed to be a shooter, can't be judged on two shots per game... Then again, what do I know? cough, Baldwin, cough cough

Can’t play defense, can’t put the ball on the floor. Tried to drive into the paint and passed it right to Fordham.

Hutchinson needs to play before him, without a doubt.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Fordham has some nice pieces. Rhody played some hard nose defense, especially in the first half. Freeman is impressive, can almost get any shot he wants. Good win.
1 x
GO RAMS
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Stewart is a freshman. You might have thought he was brought in here as a Sr or Grad transfer from an ACC school.

One of the problems with the new NCAA transfer rules that has manifested itself is that, not only do you get a ton of roster turnover every single year now and that's the norm, but people have no patience whatsoever for a first year player, who plays in the frontcourt no less.
9 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Onto La Salle.

Can’t play defense, can’t put the ball on the floor. Tried to drive into the paint and passed it right to Fordham.

Hutchinson needs to play before him, without a doubt.
Could be right. The team is creating open shots though...just need to get someone out there taking them and hitting them (although overall a good job there tonight)
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Enjoyed the game. Small but vocal crowd. The cheerleader routine at half-time was top notch. The defense the first 10-12 minutes of the game was the best that I have witnessed this season. Ish Leggett looks like a totally different player this year finishing on the break and also in control most of the time he attacks the paint. It is great to witness and an example of why I never give up on our players being able to develop.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Glad to see conference play open with a win. I had a conflict tonight but was hoping to attend. Based on other comments in this thread - what was the announced attendance?
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Stewart is a freshman. You might have thought he was brought in here as a Sr or Grad transfer from an ACC school.

One of the problems with the new NCAA transfer rules that has manifested itself is that, not only do you get a ton of roster turnover every single year now and that's the norm, but people have no patience whatsoever for a first year player, who plays in the frontcourt no less.
I agree, I’m holding off on the extra criticism since he’s a rookie. But he does have things to work on if he wants playing time.
3 x
GO RAMS
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The first 10 mins of this game... that's the way you would hope they would come out of the gate every game.

And then, don't let up. The other team makes a few adjustments, we start turning the ball over with a few lazy passes, and they claw their way back by halftime.

Still, something to build on
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 year ago Glad to see conference play open with a win. I had a conflict tonight but was hoping to attend. Based on other comments in this thread - what was the announced attendance?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Bray's best game, in my opinion(except for the missed FTs). Made some really nice passes for some easy baskets. Still forced a couple of shots, but a lot less than other games. That spin and scoop going down the lane was a thing of beauty. He also worked his ass off on defense and was clearly involved in the short time he spent on the bench. It was good to see. He doesn't need to score 20 points or take 20 shots to be a really good player for us. Do what he did tonight. I thought he played an excellent game.
Last edited by Billyboy78 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Announcers will get better as games and years go on. They will grow with the team. Better and better talent will come along. Listen on Varsity if it’s too much. It’s not hard to sync audio with the video. Problem solved. Win-Win. GoRhody!
I wish I shared your optimism. Our student announcers are incapable of diagnosing basic plays; repeatedly use cliches that were outdated half a century ago; mistakenly say there are "6 minutes left in the game" instead of 6 seconds; misidentify players and TEAMS. Their ineptitude is an embarrassment to whatever department at the University is responsible for teaching them how to become competent announcers.

Compare their inept performance to the UMass student broadcasters for today's Lady Rams game. These two young men had intelligent analysis, articulate delivery and an ability to accurately describe plays as they were unfolding.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If Bilau wasn’t hurt Rory wouldn’t be seeing any PT
People have to be patient - even if he is a good shooter doesn’t mean he’s ready to make shots at this level. Plenty of good shooters have struggled in their FR season. Anything you get from him is gravy. He’s not ready yet; needs to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and develop his game in offseason. Gets thrown around on defensive end.

For our future Weston is the most important player to see development over the next 2 months. He has game in him. Still really unsure of himself out there and how he can score at this level but he had the tools.

Malik was open for a reason - and made them pay.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Announcers will get better as games and years go on. They will grow with the team. Better and better talent will come along. Listen on Varsity if it’s too much. It’s not hard to sync audio with the video. Problem solved. Win-Win. GoRhody!
I wish I shared your optimism. Our student announcers are incapable of diagnosing basic plays; repeatedly use cliches that were outdated half a century ago; mistakenly say there are "6 minutes left in the game" instead of 6 seconds; misidentify players and TEAMS. Their ineptitude is an embarrassment to whatever department at the University is responsible for teaching them how to become competent announcers.

Compare their inept performance to the UMass student broadcasters for today's Lady Rams game. These two young men had intelligent analysis, articulate delivery and an ability to accurately describe plays as they were unfolding.
It’s pretty simple. If the bigger audience is watching the stream/TV then that is where our A team should be (Disano and Steve). They are being wasted on the audio app it’s a shame.

It’s not the students fault. They won’t get better bc they are students. They won’t magically gain knowledge of the league, the coaches, the players, the history, the game analysis, etc. Basically all the things that make for a professional broadcast crew. Bc they aren’t professionals nor should they be at 20 years old. But they shouldn’t be on the freakin TV stream.
4 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

It’s pretty simple. If the bigger audience is watching the stream/TV then that is where our A team should be (Disano and Steve). They are being wasted on the audio app it’s a shame.

It’s not the students fault. They won’t get better bc they are students. They won’t magically gain knowledge of the league, the coaches, the players, the history, the game analysis, etc. Basically all the things that make for a professional broadcast crew. Bc they aren’t professionals nor should they be at 20 years old. But they shouldn’t be on the freakin TV stream.
The UMass announcers for the Lady Rams game were students - not professionals.

I do agree that Steve and Chris should do the TV broadcasts. Too bad the Varsity app is audio only.
Last edited by PeteRI 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

For whatever reason the one that really got me tonight was at the very end of the first half, Bassy made a nice help play to knock the ball out of bounds and force a throw in from in front of the URI bench with :03 on the shot clock and :08 on the game clock. Fordham hit a nice play to get a shot near the rim, they missed it and fouled us on the rebound. It was a huge play for us and a hugely costly play for them to give us two free points in that situation, especially considering how the latter part of the half had played out. And the announcers just…didn’t mention it or comment on it at all? Like, Ish was literally at the line about to take the first and they were talking about how we were going to have to go quick on this possession - totally oblivious to what had just happened.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I liked the time they talked about the Rhody team with Tyson Wheeler and Lamar Odom. You all remember that team right?
5 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Samb has potential. If he can get stronger he has a nice offensive game.
Yup, said this about 3 games in.

More offensively polished than Cyril and Hassan at this point in their respective careers.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Good to hang on for a team still learning how to win as a group.

Loved seeing Bray embrace being a facilitator when his shots weren't falling, made some big baskets in 2nd half and the 8 assists are a season high

They guarded our 2-3 scorers hard and literally let everyone else play in space and wide open. It didn't work. These are Div 1 basketball players at end of day. With unlimited time and space you make below average shooters better. Samb, Tchikou and Malik were given 3-4 feet of space and dared to shoot.

I dislike when Arch pulls Weston after 2 fouls, he's rarely out there for the stretch anyhow I wish he would just let him get into a flow in the first half and see if he can knock off some more rust and uncertainty. If he picks up a 3rd who cares based on his usage in 2nd half.

And lastly, our TV crew is PAINFUL to listen to. PAINFUL. Something has to be done.

I almost want to watch a home game from my place instead of in Kingston and just listen to how bad the TV crew is.

Is it truly THAT bad?
1 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Rory Stewart is terrible 😭😭😭. Can’t hit a wide open 3.
just taking a look now at this thread and there might be other Rory feedback... I think he just needs to be given some direction like, "ok, when we put you in, just start jacking threes...we may leave you in there 5 minutes, maybe just two, maybe one...keep firing..." Find out if he can shoot it or not. (I thought that was what he was recruited for?) He missed a couple, then it seemed like he was too afraid to take an almost layup... I think Arch probably (hopefully) realizes he can't expect him to be a good shooter if he gets yanked after he misses a couple
he just looks uncomfortable on the court
2 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Samb has potential. If he can get stronger he has a nice offensive game.

More offensively polished than Cyril and Hassan at this point in their respective careers.
And he can hit free throws! Something Cyril couldn't do.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

3683 going to kill our attendance projections
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Best overall performance so far imo . Happy with the win and the offensive progress . Excellent games from Martin and Leggett and the tos are
slowing down while the shooting is getting better too. Stewart seems to me to have a nice outside shot , but appears to be both rushing his shot at times while other times when he is wide open he looks to be tense and has too much time to think instead of being relaxed and loose . Obviously , his
confidence isn't there yet , but I think it will come when some start to drop for him. A road win at Lasalle could be in the cards on Saturday.
2 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

Jim Cain is one of the play-by-play voices for the Worcester Red Sox. He's young but by no means a student.
https://twitter.com/_jimcain

Nathan Strauss is a recent UMass graduate who has done and will continue to do extensive work in minor league baseball. He's also young but no longer a student -- essentially their version of Stone Freeman.
https://twitter.com/NathanPStrauss?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
7 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rory has a good stroke and should take every open trey. Rory and Bilau are polar opposites. Rory will get better. AN puts him in the game to get experience shooting. It is development in action.

Malik disappointed me when he did bot take an open trey. Ditto for Ish.

Thomas was one of the team leaders in rebounds, ball handling and all-around hustle. He has achieved my requirement for him to be a reliable FT shooter.

Alex is a good mid-range and FT shooter. I was hoping for a rebounder and inside scorer. He is what he is. His technical was dumb and deserved.

The only stat that matters is the final score. URI needs to outscore their opponents. The only way we will do this at the A10 level is with multiple options to make treys. Ish, Malik, Brayon and Rory, keep heaving them up. That is what Billy Lange has St Joe's doing as well. It is our best option for winning.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reef wrote: 1 year ago 3683 going to kill our attendance projections
You are lucky that they don’t use the actual number of people in the arena or it would be about 1750. I asked my wife to guess how many people were in the stands and she said 300. It wasn’t that bad, but still many concessions stands were shut down and could sit wherever you want. Hoping they can turn it around next year and get the atmosphere back.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Rory has a good stroke and should take every open trey. Rory and Bilau are polar opposites. Rory will get better. AN puts him in the game to get experience shooting. It is development in action.

Thomas was one of the team leaders in rebounds, ball handling and all-around hustle. He has achieved my requirement for him to be a reliable FT shooter.

Alex is a good mid-range and FT shooter. I was hoping for a rebounder and inside scorer. He is what he is. His technical was dumb and deserved.

The only stat that matters is the final score. URI needs to outscore their opponents. The only way we will do this at the A10 level is with multiple options to make treys. Ish, Malik, Brayon and Rory, keep heaving them up. That is what Billy Lange has St Joe's doing as well. It is our best option for winning.
“That’s what Billy Lange is doing” - this might be another hall of fame comment
8 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
he just looks uncomfortable on the court
I have thought this for awhile. Watching tape of him from HS he was very smooth. I think it will click for him at some point and he will be a good player.
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I agree about Samb, he may be our most consistent big currently playing, which isn't saying much.
He does need to stay out of foul trouble, which he did last night, and gain strength.
His game is much more suited to be playing the 4, but we don't have that luxury now.

Other than Foumena, who we haven't seen yet, all are bigs are replaceable next season.
Still, many of them are very raw and inexperienced, so they can improve dramatically.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I agree about Samb, he may be our most consistent big currently playing, which isn't saying much.
He does need to stay out of foul trouble, which he did last night, and gain strength.
His game is much more suited to be playing the 4, but we don't have that luxury now.

Other than Foumena, who we haven't seen yet, all are bigs are replaceable next season.
Still, many of them are very raw and inexperienced, so they can improve dramatically.

I wouldn't want to replace Bilau or Samb, they've shown a lot of promise, especially Bilau. Just needs to stay healthy.
0 x
Go Rhody
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

This is what I don’t understand, why is our B team on the TV broadcast? The future (and current) is video not audio.

My only possible guess at this point is Varsity is paying us to broadcast our games on their app, with Chris and Steve as a part of the package
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I wouldn't want to replace Bilau or Samb, they've shown a lot of promise, especially Bilau. Just needs to stay healthy.
Yeah, I am good with them.

Actually, with another year under their belt, all our bigs may be serviceable, just maybe no star power.

Archie offering the 2 Juco bigs for next season, may have other thoughts.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Rory has a good stroke and should take every open trey. Rory and Bilau are polar opposites. Rory will get better. AN puts him in the game to get experience shooting. It is development in action.

“That’s what Billy Lange is doing” - this might be another hall of fame comment
The only thing Billy Lange is doing is coaching his final season before he gets fired in March.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We can’t let this one die quickly…this is an instant classic. Right up there with the Jimmy Baron free throw advice and the opinion to pay Dave Cox 1.5mm. We should mimic the style of play of the worst coach in the A10 with a career record of 10-38 in the league. Troll Hall of Fame level stuff.
8 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
RamStock wrote: 1 year ago It would be shocking if there 2000 real fans in the seat here tonight! I know the attendance will show 4475 or something, but no chance
2000 might be generous
I asked an usher what they expected tonight. He was told they expected 1,100 to 1,500.
My guess is it was closer to 1,500

3,683 is nowhere near actual

Reduced scanning lanes entering, some concession stands closed.
Actual attendance (forget announced numbers) for WBB are getting close the MBB. Usher told me they are being called in more now for the higher WBB games as attendance is increasing

No band as expected but a good turnout of cheerleaders and Ramettes and Rhody. The cheer they do around halftime lifting Rhody up in the center is great. They did it last night despite a smaller group. Great cheer.

National Anthem great.

Here’s what it looked like just as game ended and handshake line
DAA8C775-A77E-408A-B478-4FBC3FFF4887.jpeg
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Nice to see a win that could’ve got away from them but didn’t.

Archie talked about the importance of that and the growth that this team has made to focus on closing out the last week.

If it’s a confidence thing (which I think it is) these wins will help the guys. Seeing more shots go in will lead to even more. Malik did a lot tonight, but he’s really at his best not hesitating. It’s all confidence.

The bigs were great. 7/9 FT’s - a lot of those down the stretch. Huge. Nice to see that we’re a good FT shooting team for what feels like the first time in a while.

Those refs can get fucked though. The BS flop call after the proper flop call, and then not calling the obvious flop on Quisinberry was disgusting. Game was 30-40 mins longer because of those dicks.

Right? And some of us needed to get home and get to bed! :)
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I almost want to watch a home game from my place instead of in Kingston and just listen to how bad the TV crew is.

Is it truly THAT bad?
My advice, don’t do it.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Nice to see a win that could’ve got away from them but didn’t.

Lol - the fact that elicited applause should tell you exactly how poor those refs were.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 year ago

Lol - the fact that elicited applause should tell you exactly how poor those refs were.
About 3 minutes left in the game Tchikou got a Technical, Refs by scorers table, somebody yelled out with a quietness in the Ryan Center something about how terrible they were and that we all needed to get home and sleep. Sounded like from 205. Was that one of you guys? It was pretty funny. A pretty long statement too in the quiet arena - everybody heard it I believe including the players.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Darius Quisenberry had himself a night with 33 points. His previous high for the deacon was 25 points on 2 occasions
At about 10 minute mark 2nd half he made a long 3P and he thought he got fouled. Ref teed him up. I was close to the play and thought he got hit on the arm too.
Enjoyed watching Quisenberry play. Shot the 3 ball, FTs and created inside shots well too. One of best performances I’ve seen in the Ryan in past couple years from opponents. Plays hard, confidently, team player who wants to win. Opposing fans might not like him but found myself wishing he played for us.

Refs had an off night.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I stand by my prediction on the 2022-23 Games of Interest thread from a few weeks ago that evaluated Fordham's postseason prospects when there were 12-1 before the start of conference play - they will not make the NIT field. They may pile up a high number of wins but their NET rank, poor SOS, and lack of quality wins will keep them out.
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Darius Quisenberry had himself a night with 33 points. His previous high for the deacon was 25 points on 2 occasions
At about 10 minute mark 2nd half he made a long 3P and he thought he got fouled. Ref teed him up. I was close to the play and thought he got hit on the arm too.
Enjoyed watching Quisenberry play. Shot the 3 ball, FTs and created inside shots well too. One of best performances I’ve seen in the Ryan in past couple years from opponents. Plays hard, confidently, team player who wants to win. Opposing fans might not like him but found myself wishing he played for us.

Refs had an off night.
Quisenberry was great last night, but I can't say I enjoyed it at all. The soccer level flopping and constant talking made me hate his guts
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines