Rhody Vault

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: Rhody Vault

Unread post by RhodyVault »

You are right, not a flooring that matters or that people on here like. Which makes it more fascinating that it gets people like this. Crazy to think. And on a sidenote I am a rabid Rhode Island fan. I also separate my Twitter and media from my fandom. Diehard fan since 87.
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, I would welcome a name change, too.

I do appreciate the video work he has done to promote Rhody’s history but that’s it for me.

We are hyper-focused Rhody bb fans here so, I understand it’s difficult not to get pissed at his Schtick. But, I don’t think he has the following to matter much ( although I’m not on Twitter or Instagram so I don’t know that for sure). So he’s just not worth the aggravation. Don’t let his Schtick give you ahgitta (my apologies for the spelling, fellow Italians - not sure I got it correct).
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

gazakaza wrote: 1 year ago Let's add some more fire to this. I know from a trusted source that he did indeed go to URI but that he doesn't even live in the US. He is doing everything from up in the great north of Canada. Like you don't even live here. And apparently has his brother give him recaps of the game so he can talk about it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
One of the mods here lives in Texas (I think).

Completely irrelevant where posters live.

No need to live in South County to be able to talk about the team.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Alienated? Again outside of the decision to bench a player I have not criticized the coach. A couple times yes but nothing crazy. Also, most of the Fanbase actually really loves my Contin and what I do so it’s laughable to say I’ve alienated the Fanbase especially when I literally am the go to person that recruits reach out to or national guys to talk URI. On top of it I continue to promote the program with free content. Only people I’ve alienate is the Archie Miller can never do wrong crowd. But again, respect your opinion but 95 percent of folks would not say I alienated. Not close.
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago 1. You started an account branded "Rhody" and then seemingly alienated first the program and then much of the active fanbase that posts here and would consume your content

2. That's sorta Marketing 101 stuff

3. It's not that serious nor that hard to understand.

4. I'm not a troll. I've been in Sec 211 Row D since Day 1 of the RC.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago 7. I have not been interested for awhile now in interviews or connecting with the program. Several months back I talked with a member of the staff for about 40 minutes. I now cover several teams and I apologize it so kills many of you.
Actually, many of us are glad you're covering the woefully underexposed mental hospital.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago Plenty of people disagree with me and I don’t block. I block when it turns personal or someone is trolling me or someone starts getting personal with a player. The LMFO part is that you all don’t like what I do, and come on here to post it, but also complain that I block. We’re talking about Twitter and because I have critiqued a coach about basketball decisions. Basketball. And from the beginning there’s a whole cohort of people on this that can’t stand that someone ever criticizes a coach. Yet you will jump to criticize a kid or kids who have been here less time than the coach. The funny thing is the only reason I kept going back at it is because of trolls that kept responding so I continued. But keep spitting out hate and anger on a public board that recruits and players can see, do you. But I am certainly not gonna go back-and-forth on a message board or on Twitter. That’s just ridiculous. So last time if you want to talk in person because you’re genuinely concerned about something or to debate, let me know.
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago 1. Woke? Because I think Rucus should promote the Womens games which is one of 3 ticketed sports at URI...
2. I have criticized Archie's decision to bench a player that early because I didn't think it was warranted and I dint like people comparing a new member of the team to Mitchell twins and all of that.
3. I run an account that any of you can decide to follow or engage with. I also have that decision. So I am being trolled or I don't want to engage than love it or hate it I block.
4. A rat? I have been the biggest supported of this program and have Brough more attention to it on twitter than any news source has in 3 years in my opinion. I have brought alumni back in the fold. I am critical of certain decisions Archie makes and don't "fall in line" with the idea that he has nothing to prove and we can't question anything he does until year 3.
5. I support and talk with many players on this team and have gone out of my way for FREE to promote these guys and try and get them NIL stuff.
6. The Canada/brother things shows that there are several of you that just want to hate, absolutely hate to the next level. Recaps of games? The games are on television and god forbid an Alumni doesn't live in Kingston, must mean he can't watch games...
7. I have not been interested for awhile now in interviews or connecting with the program. Several months back I talked with a member of the staff for about 40 minutes. I now cover several teams and I apologize it so kills many of you. Leave the personal stuff out of a college basketball game. The anger and intensity is out of line. And if you really want to actually have a productive conversation than lets meet over the break for a drink and you can let me know what you think. Some of you are grown ass adults trying to attack a grown ass adult who covers sports on twitter as a hobby.
8. No sarcasm, Archie Miller was the best hire Rhode Island could make. Ive stated than many times, I just disagreed strongly with what transpired early. Cheers. And I am serious if you want to get into a debate lets meet in south county over the next couple of weeks.
You block people who don't agree with you? LMAO!!!
It's not that you criticize the coach. It's the reason that you criticize the coach.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

adults blocking adults on the internet over college basketball, Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
2 x
:lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
gazakaza wrote: 1 year ago Let's add some more fire to this. I know from a trusted source that he did indeed go to URI but that he doesn't even live in the US. He is doing everything from up in the great north of Canada. Like you don't even live here. And apparently has his brother give him recaps of the game so he can talk about it. Pretty sad if you ask me.
One of the mods here lives in Texas (I think).

Completely irrelevant where posters live.

No need to live in South County to be able to talk about the team.
Ya, I agree... I live in Mass now, and although I have season tickets, sometimes it's too much of a process to get down to RI. I know plenty of diehard Rhody fans that don't live in RI or make most of the games.

I haven't always agreed with Vault's take on Archie, and we have debated before. Like I have with plenty of you on here... However, I'm not going to deny that he's had some awesome interviews and does a lot for former players/recruits, etc... I agree that there is no need to make things personal.

This program needs as many fans as we can get so it's best that we all stick together.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago i say... meet the man for a drink !

hatch it out and its a WIN WIN !

i often find conversations over a drink tends to help

much better than back and forth over postings, etc

this is why i have never had a twitter/facebook or whatever social media accounts are in these days

let's all be friends :)

GO RHODY !

and don't you worry... we will be there by end of the year :)
Totally agree....and then they can talk about which is more childish....blocking people, or being peeved at being blocked. Clearly several are quite concerned with the latter... I think that would be a great discussion....in fact, I'd volunteer to moderate :lol:
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago i say... meet the man for a drink !

hatch it out and its a WIN WIN !

i often find conversations over a drink tends to help

much better than back and forth over postings, etc

this is why i have never had a twitter/facebook or whatever social media accounts are in these days

let's all be friends :)

GO RHODY !

and don't you worry... we will be there by end of the year :)
Totally agree....and then they can talk about which is more childish....blocking people, or being peeved at being blocked. Clearly several are quite concerned with the latter... I think that would be a great discussion....in fact, I'd volunteer to moderate :lol:
I'm sure you and Nate would get along great.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago adults blocking adults on the internet over college basketball, Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
This, and folks being pissed. Totes silly all the way round
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago Alienated? Again outside of the decision to bench a player I have not criticized the coach. A couple times yes but nothing crazy. Also, most of the Fanbase actually really loves my Contin and what I do so it’s laughable to say I’ve alienated the Fanbase especially when I literally am the go to person that recruits reach out to or national guys to talk URI. On top of it I continue to promote the program with free content. Only people I’ve alienate is the Archie Miller can never do wrong crowd. But again, respect your opinion but 95 percent of folks would not say I alienated. Not close.
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago 1. You started an account branded "Rhody" and then seemingly alienated first the program and then much of the active fanbase that posts here and would consume your content

Just a coincidence then that the player being benched that you disagree with just so happens to be a player you have a business relationship with? Just be transparent, dude.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Kinda funny the only coach he criticizes is our own. You won’t hear a peep of critical analysis about, say, Grasso? Also doesn’t seem overly concerned with how Tchikou or Hutchinson is being coached. Just Bray. Total coincidence. Totally just being pro player with no bias or agenda.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago Alienated? Again outside of the decision to bench a player I have not criticized the coach. A couple times yes but nothing crazy. Also, most of the Fanbase actually really loves my Contin and what I do so it’s laughable to say I’ve alienated the Fanbase especially when I literally am the go to person that recruits reach out to or national guys to talk URI. On top of it I continue to promote the program with free content. Only people I’ve alienate is the Archie Miller can never do wrong crowd. But again, respect your opinion but 95 percent of folks would not say I alienated. Not close.

Message board or not...your spelling and grammar are appalling. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it makes it even harder for me to take anything you say seriously.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Agree that 95% of the fanbase (doesn't care what a Twitterer says and is therefore not alienated)...
The thin-skinned 5% is pretty vocal...lotta vim and vigor around this. I'm just waiting for the petition to Elon to shut the RV down, then we'll know we've truly arrived. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I have zero issue with what’s he’s doing.

Twitter is for opinions whether you agree or disagree with them.

He’s bringing eye balls to the team / state, whether people will admit it or not.

So what if you disagree with what he says, that’s what the internet is for.
2 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago I have zero issue with what’s he’s doing.

He’s bringing eye balls to the team / state, whether people will admit it or not.

He's trying to alienate the relationship between our coach and one of our top players. And he's doing it because the coach won't give him the time of day because of stuff RV just made up about Tre Mitchell. Do you see him criticizing any other coaches? No, because they all still grant him interviews. You're ok with that?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

He's trying to alienate the relationship between our coach and one of our top players. And he's doing it because the coach won't give him the time of day because of stuff RV just made up about Tre Mitchell. Do you see him criticizing any other coaches? No, because they all still grant him interviews. You're ok with that?

I don’t think Archie gives two shits about what this guy posts.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't think Archie does, but I know the players and parents do. A rift can happen with only one aggrieved party
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sure. If the player is going to be 'alienated' by this guy doing this (which I don't see happening), it's not this guy, it's the player. Always going to be a 'this guy' around (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that). And as far as getting interviews...water always finds its level...coaches that like him, will give him interviews...the rest won't...

"this guy"...is this a new position in college sports? I mean, using social media relationships/visibility, trying to pump up a player's NIL earnings, fine, but there has to be a name for it, right? Can't really call them agents, can you? NIL Pump? NIL Pimp? Pimp de NIL? Name Image Likeness Forager, a NILF ?
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seems to me like Grasso coached a great game. No criticism here!
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

Seems to me like Grasso coached a great game. No criticism here!
Of course not. Just stop being a fraud and take the 'Rhody' part out of the name. Bryant, Brown and PC have nothing to do with the 'Rhody' name. Only one school is identifiable with that name.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I agree, 78. He should either drop the Rhody portion of the name or only use it exclusively for Rhody and brand another Vault name for non-Rhody Ram teams to avoid brand confusion, imho.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I agree, 78. He should either drop the Rhody portion of the name or only use it exclusively for Rhody and brand another Vault name for non-Rhody Ram teams to avoid brand confusion, imho.
Exactly. BryantVault is fine. Rhody fans don't give a shit about Bryant
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am rooting against Bryant , can’t stand Sleazy Grasso
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

My only point is that there’s no criticism of Grasso there - which is where my problem lies. There was nothing Grasso could’ve done differently?

I mean Archie draws up a phenomenal play to tie a game in regulation, leading to a win, and he gets criticized.

It’s like the Hurley derangement syndrome some people had on here where winning was all because of the players and losing was all because of the coach.

If RV is a journalist, be a journalist. Don’t have an agenda.

Because it looks like he’s just being an RV fan rooting for his own access.

I don’t care about where he lives - he could live on Pluto. He’s 100% brought more eyeballs and attention to this program and it’s history than any other media figure or the program itself in the last 30 years. It’s amazing to have someone pumping that kind of content out.

But how he’s covering URI seems like he has an axe to grind with the coach - whether he does or not. Just a bad look.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just posted a short clip with Kenny Johnson, looks like he’s getting into the program more than people thought he would.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Just posted a short clip with Kenny Johnson, looks like he’s getting into the program more than people thought he would.
That's not the point. The point is that he constantly takes shots at Archie because Archie won't give him the time of day.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Just posted a short clip with Kenny Johnson, looks like he’s getting into the program more than people thought he would.
That's not the point. The point is that he constantly takes shots at Archie because Archie won't give him the time of day.
If Archie cared that much and hated RV enough, I would guess he wouldn’t allow his assistants to give an interview.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

You say that a lot...are you Arch's cousin or something?
1 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

The RV hate is so irrational it’s actually cringeworthy to read.
4 x
Common sense is not common.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yes I am. Are you Donald Trump's cousin?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yes I am. Are you Donald Trump's cousin?
Ouch. Good one. You got me there. :roll:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Nice … now maybe we’ll start making money again vs this buffoon
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Ugh....time to nuke another thread...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago Ugh....time to nuke another thread...
Just because one person doesn't have the maturity to refrain from taking potshots?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I'm rephrasing my post because I'm not trying to be critical of posters here. I should have said I for one enjoy seeing RV's Rhody content and don't mind seeing coverage of Bryant (even though I can't really stand Grasso). The guy does almost a weekly check in with Rhody Rampage and Abu B to talk Rhody hoops in a rebuild year. Just wait till we are relevant.
3 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just because one person doesn't have the maturity to refrain from taking potshots?
LMAO....I guess you are the mature one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

And then the other person doesn't have the self-control to not take the bait. And then someone else has to jump into the fray and then others jump in.
3 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

You guys are hilarious. I just went through all the posts and I think the most comical is a business relationship. I promoted Brandon Weston, Carey, Malik Martin,Bray and Ish tshirts. Made a Tyson Wheeler and Kenny Green shirt that sold a total of $75 worth and I gave it back to the players. You guys are on one and again if you would like to control the content I produce then please start Paying me to be a only URI guy. I will happily just do URI content if you want to advertise or put me on the payroll. This is classic Rhode Island fans right now which I am one of the most diehard personally. There has been little to no good Rhode Island Contant in so long, yet you guys try to bash the one person who has created the most content for the program for free. For free. Cheers
RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago

The RV hate is so irrational it’s actually cringeworthy to read.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Given todays tweet questioning Lou Hutch’s PT - is it fair to ask why the only coach you seem to criticize is Archie? Like you have never uttered a word or even lobbed a mild critique of any other coach in the state. Under the Rhody banner. It’s a bizarre branding effort to say the least.
3 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

I am first and foremost a URI fan therefore I have a much more intimate knowledge and analysis of URI. I cover the other programs because they want and like that I produce content for them. Also, that Lou Hutch tweet is criticizing the coach? It’s also very clear that I am not in the “Archie can do no wrong” crowd. I follow URI basketball and have for decades so I will always cover more closely URI than the other programs. Archie also clearly does not care what the media thinks and that’s not his focus, media relations so I am sure he doesn’t view my “I want Lou to play more as a critique.” The guy just came from Indiana. Hey it’s only critiquing too many of you guys because you are in the frame of mind that in all things Archie we trust, which is fine I have no problem with that. I think he’s a good coach and happy he is here but that doesn’t mean I won’t critique certain things. URI needs attention right now, poor job all around of building this hire up all year. Positive and questioning remarks are all good for the program. And again URI does not want or does not see the benefit of new types of media. I have also had several conversations with administration and also a very long conversation with assistant coach totally off the record and they are not interested (Mens) in bringing attention to the program other than their outlets. . It’s pretty simple. And URI has always been behind the 8 ball with this stuff. Very slow to adapt to changes. Is what it is.
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Given todays tweet questioning Lou Hutch’s PT - is it fair to ask why the only coach you seem to criticize is Archie? Like you have never uttered a word or even lobbed a mild critique of any other coach in the state. Under the Rhody banner. It’s a bizarre branding effort to say the least.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I appreciate the content RV!
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

So you produced and sold merchandise for specific players and gave them proceeds. Sounds like a business relationship to me - saying you only sold $75 worth doesn't change that. It only means you're bad at marketing and sales.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

we're going to need more than $75 in NIL money to make the turn here.

i mean, at least you're trying.

Mike Flood, Paul Masse..... where the cars yo? guys need rides. big trucks.

Judge Caprio??? guys needs eats at CG House. lobster tails only. no claws.
2 x
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago So you produced and sold merchandise for specific players and gave them proceeds. Sounds like a business relationship to me - saying you only sold $75 worth doesn't change that. It only means you're bad at marketing and sales.
He posted it on his account multiple times.

Did you buy one?

The kid promoted Rhody more than any other social media account by far, including the schools.

The hate is unreal.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago we're going to need more than $75 in NIL money to make the turn here.

Can't forget Mike Grieco.
0 x
GO RAMS
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Nope. I promoted players NIL shirts and I thought it would be fun to make a wheeler and green shirt personally which I didn’t really promote but rather made for wheeler and green and myself. When I made small amount on my shirts I left it in the pot. So again not a B relationship at all. And I am absolutely bad at marketing my own Kenny Green shirts absolutely. Never was my intention to market it. Anyways, apologies my Twitter account bothers you so much. Wish you the best. Appreciate the support of my random side gig of a Twitter account that has many of you up in arms. Go Rhody!
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago So you produced and sold merchandise for specific players and gave them proceeds. Sounds like a business relationship to me - saying you only sold $75 worth doesn't change that. It only means you're bad at marketing and sales.
1 x
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Very True haha. Although I think some of the player made some decent money at first. The $75 was the Green and Wheeler which was well worth seeing their faces and joy from family members to get. Anyways, need some big NIL money to keep a few guys and get some impact transfers this year. Takes one or two guys to go from this season to a top 4 team next year.
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago we're going to need more than $75 in NIL money to make the turn here.

1 x