12/22 | Milwaukee| CANCELED-Covid19

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Gators1
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: 12/22 | Milwaukee| CANCELED-Covid19

Unread post by Gators1 »

I’ll consider my money a donation towards a 3 pt shooter
2 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodyram wrote: 1 year ago
RJRam wrote: 1 year ago
Why fight? What's wrong with a donation to support our teams?
Nothing wrong with a donation- but it just shouldn't be assumed that a ticket holder's credit for a cancelled game should go right to the RAM fund. Especially when season ticket holders paid increased prices for this dumpster fire of a season.
This is true. No one should ever assume what they can/can't do with other people's hard-earned money. Especially since most organizations traditionally refund a cancelled event. The option should be given, and I think most would have no problem with the donation. But it should still be an option IMO.
I said the exact same thing to my wife. They should have allowed us the option of a refund or donation. Not just tell us we just donated. Our season ticket fee was calculated off a certain number of games and now that just dropped by one. No fault of the buyer. That usually calls for a refund in some form or another. Monetary, tickets to future game, donation. We should pick that option. The bottom line here to me is they don't want to do the legwork on handing out all these different refunds at this time of the year. Cutting a check for a donation is a lot simpler.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bpaz11 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodyram wrote: 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with a donation- but it just shouldn't be assumed that a ticket holder's credit for a cancelled game should go right to the RAM fund. Especially when season ticket holders paid increased prices for this dumpster fire of a season.
This is true. No one should ever assume what they can/can't do with other people's hard-earned money. Especially since most organizations traditionally refund a cancelled event. The option should be given, and I think most would have no problem with the donation. But it should still be an option IMO.
I said the exact same thing to my wife. They should have allowed us the option of a refund or donation. Not just tell us we just donated. Our season ticket fee was calculated off a certain number of games and now that just dropped by one. No fault of the buyer. That usually calls for a refund in some form or another. Monetary, tickets to future game, donation. We should pick that option. The bottom line here to me is they don't want to do the legwork on handing out all these different refunds at this time of the year. Cutting a check for a donation is a lot simpler.
A credit towards future ticket purchases (for an individual game this year or next or towards season tix for next) would solve the problem. If you choose not to use it within that year, then they can consider it a donation.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago You want your money back? Ho, Ho, Ho! They'll put you on the naughty list! They have special seats for people on the naughty list.
Not sure the university has the power to put anyone on the naughty list when we are a sub 300 team at this point. They probably didn’t need to cancel the game, but being honest it would have been a ghost town at the Ryan Center with two teams with little significance. I also don’t think we need to worry about Milwaukee giving us a return game at the Ryan Center. There are many Milwaukees out there.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I heard they were going to use the refund money to address the poor WiFi situation …… just kidding, of course.
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago ... I also don’t think we need to worry about Milwaukee giving us a return game at the Ryan Center. There are many Milwaukees out there.
The issue is $$$. URI would have to buy a game against another Milwaukee. According to the ProJo today, Milwaukee will come to RI in the future.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Email recd

Amended!

Game credit towards next season.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
RamStock wrote: 1 year ago ... I also don’t think we need to worry about Milwaukee giving us a return game at the Ryan Center. There are many Milwaukees out there.
The issue is $$$. URI would have to buy a game against another Milwaukee. According to the ProJo today, Milwaukee will come to RI in the future.
That’s correct 72. Excerpt from Bill Koch ProJo Article today.

The Wisconsin-based Panthers now represent a potential future home game for the Rams in the coming seasons. URI will be scheduled to visit a pair of in-state rivals next season in Providence and Brown. The Rams also have a road meeting with Seton Hall to play at a date to be determined — the Pirates suffered a 76-63 loss at the Ryan Center early in the 2020-21 season.
URI is the second men’s team in the state this season to miss a nonconference game due to illness. Bryant’s trip to Tulane was postponed after a road loss at Cincinnati and a team-wide virus that forced forward Kvonn Cramer to seek medical care in a city emergency room. Cramer has since been released from the hospital and is expected to rejoin the Bulldogs after spending the holidays at his Delaware home.
The Rams said fans who purchased single-game tickets will be eligible for a full refund.
Fans who counted Milwaukee among a mini-plan package will have the option of a refund or an exchange for a future home game. Call (401) 874-7267 or email
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Email recd

Amended!

Game credit towards next season.
I just received the email this morning at 7am regarding the credit to be included for next years season ticket package.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Yes! The deciders must have been reading KB, although, I do like many of the other things people wanted their donation to go towards. My fav, the three point shooter.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
bpaz11 wrote: 1 year ago

A credit towards future ticket purchases (for an individual game this year or next or towards season tix for next) would solve the problem. If you choose not to use it within that year, then they can consider it a donation.
Did they read my post?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Re: 12/22 | Milwaukee| 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Bos8 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago

Why is the game cancelled? Because if half your team is sick and your coaches are sick...and Covid spreads like wildfire as a contagion, then you can't have all these folks around each other in a locker room. You don't have to be in the hospital to be sick with Covid. Isolate them, let them recover to full strength. Otherwise, you'll have an entire team sick for weeks.

What you are gonna do? Send out 7 players, including a walk-on and a couple of assistant coaches. For what?
I'd like to know the extent of the sickness. Like do they have a cough? like a cold? So if a team has a cold, should the game be cancelled?
Yeah somehow our covid situation is right now far worse than any major sports program in the entire country.

Worse than anyone in professional sports and all of college sports this season.

I literally can't find the last time any game at any level was canceled for covid.
This was tweeted out beneath a Rothstein tweet. No idea if it's true, but wanted to share for context

"Nearly 60 NCAA basketball teams in the past 30 days (all divisions) had games canceled or postponed because of COVID (or, to the vague "team illness" explanation)

At least 16 games in 14 days (more were canceled but schools fail to disclose why so probably COVID)"
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Bryant was the regular Flu.
0 x
GO RAMS
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Bryant was the regular Flu.
What is the difference between canceling a game because of the flu and because of covid? Both involved players being unable to play (and coaches being unable to run practices) due to being sick...
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Bryant was the regular Flu.
What is the difference between canceling a game because of the flu and because of covid? Both involved players being unable to play (and coaches being unable to run practices) due to being sick...
Right. I'm sure it just boils down to if enough players/staff are sick, they can't put a product on the floor. If one or two guys were sick, probably a different story. Doesn't matter if it's the flu, covid, chicken pox, etc.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I'd like to know the extent of the sickness. Like do they have a cough? like a cold? So if a team has a cold, should the game be cancelled?
Yeah somehow our covid situation is right now far worse than any major sports program in the entire country.

I literally can't find the last time any game at any level was canceled for covid.
You can cry and whine all you want. You have no idea what's going on and somebody else's personal health is really none of your business. You're not going to get any information from URI regarding this. It's called Personal Health Information (PHI) and it cannot be released.
https://www.hhs.gov/answers/hipaa/what- ... index.html
I forgot. Personal health is none of your business.

Unless you wanted to go out to a restaurant, or hold onto a job, or go to a concert or sporting event over the last 2 years.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

This thread should be nuked - it's going to derail into the same science supporters/deniers bickering back and forth. Nobody has changed their minds since last time and nobody will change their minds this time.
6 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

You can cry and whine all you want. You have no idea what's going on and somebody else's personal health is really none of your business. You're not going to get any information from URI regarding this. It's called Personal Health Information (PHI) and it cannot be released.

Unless you wanted to go out to a restaurant, or hold onto a job, or go to a concert or sporting event over the last 2 years.
You lost me here. HIPAA laws vs. going out to a restaurant?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Making the point about covid vaccine requirements for every aspect of your life. I feel like that horse left the barn.

With the impact that the c-word has on everyone's lives at this point, I don't think it's out of line to ask what people's symptoms are.

If 2/3 of the team is literally in bed and can't get up? Yup cancel the game.
If everyone is pretty much asymptomatic or has a minor cold-like reaction (like a vast majority of people) they could play through? I'd like to know why we're canceling.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

It’s mind boggling to me that people here think these are asymptomatic cases. They’re not testing anymore, so obviously some players + coaches are actually sick. When you have a cold do you go out for a run? No. Imagine running back and forth on a basketball court for 20+ minutes with a stuffy nose. Not fun.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Why is the game cancelled? Because if half your team is sick and your coaches are sick...and Covid spreads like wildfire as a contagion, then you can't have all these folks around each other in a locker room. You don't have to be in the hospital to be sick with Covid. Isolate them, let them recover to full strength. Otherwise, you'll have an entire team sick for weeks.

What you are gonna do? Send out 7 players, including a walk-on and a couple of assistant coaches. For what?

Why was the Bryant game cancelled, and why was one of their players hospitalized?
I guess you didn't hear about that last week?
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Making the point about covid vaccine requirements for every aspect of your life. I feel like that horse left the barn.

With the impact that the c-word has on everyone's lives at this point, I don't think it's out of line to ask what people's symptoms are.

If 2/3 of the team is literally in bed and can't get up? Yup cancel the game.
If everyone is pretty much asymptomatic or has a minor cold-like reaction (like a vast majority of people) they could play through? I'd like to know why we're canceling.

me me me.

selfish.
0 x
:lol:
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago It’s mind boggling to me that people here think these are asymptomatic cases. They’re not testing anymore, so obviously some players + coaches are actually sick. When you have a cold do you go out for a run? No. Imagine running back and forth on a basketball court for 20+ minutes with a stuffy nose. Not fun.
I know I am bat shit crazy, but when I get sick (cold-like illnesses) I chug OJ and get in a good workout to sweat it out of my system. Typical that means playing basketball somewhere. Not saying thats what they should do, but your comment made me chuckle.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago It’s mind boggling to me that people here think these are asymptomatic cases. They’re not testing anymore, so obviously some players + coaches are actually sick. When you have a cold do you go out for a run? No. Imagine running back and forth on a basketball court for 20+ minutes with a stuffy nose. Not fun.
You should be a drill sergeant. Troops would love you. I can't remember ever being excused from a 5 mile run for a stuffy nose.
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

You should be a drill sergeant. Troops would love you. I can't remember ever being excused from a 5 mile run for a stuffy nose.
Oh yeah ever had COVID? I feel like chest congestion and fatigue also aren't ideal for playing college basketball. Stop downplaying this virus. When you get it, even if you're vaxed, it sucks ass.
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody Guy wrote: 1 year ago
I know I am bat shit crazy, but when I get sick (cold-like illnesses) I chug OJ and get in a good workout to sweat it out of my system. Typical that means playing basketball somewhere. Not saying thats what they should do, but your comment made me chuckle.
Honestly I know what you mean. If I'm sick and not fatigued exercises can help "sweat it out of the system".
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
Oh yeah ever had COVID? I feel like chest congestion and fatigue also aren't ideal for playing college basketball. Stop downplaying this virus. When you get it, even if you're vaxed, it sucks ass.

I mean that last sentence is 100% false.

When people get covid, unvaxxed, or triple vaxxed, it does not always "suck ass."

Obviously it can crush people, but it does not affect everyone the same, as you should know by now.
2 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

People are naturally curious to know what the policy is here re: Covid. Is half the team bed ridden or is it just a Zero Spread Tolerance policy circa March 2020?

Don't expect any answers. The school, like all schools at every level, doesn't have to tell you what their individual policy is, so they aren't going to volunteer something they consider a private matter and none of your business and especially not open for debate either way.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Attachments
istockphoto-955124060-612x612.jpg
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yes, of course we are curious to hear how infected the team is, which players/coaches, and to what degree.
But again, really none of our business and the administration and staff will only leak out information if they choose.
Everything so far has been very tight-lipped including injuries, so not expecting to hear anything.

As previously posted, playing the game was not open for debate at least as far as the public is concerned.
School officials and staff are just following health protocol and guidelines.

For me I just cancelled hotel and restaurant reservations.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I guess not? Although I never got tested except when I wanted to fly one time. Also never wore a mask. I heard people with O Neg blood type aren't affected. Maybe it's that? I did have strep throat in basic training though. I was forced to do the end of cycle PT test or else I was threatened with going back through it. So I did it. 2 mile run, 50 push ups and sit ups. I passed. After that, I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days with 103 fever. So I can say I at least passed the Army Physical Fitness test with a 103 fever.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

I guess not? Although I never got tested except when I wanted to fly one time. Also never wore a mask. I heard people with O Neg blood type aren't affected. Maybe it's that? I did have strep throat in basic training though. I was forced to do the end of cycle PT test or else I was threatened with going back through it. So I did it. 2 mile run, 50 push ups and sit ups. I passed. After that, I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days with 103 fever. So I can say I at least passed the Army Physical Fitness test with a 103 fever.
You’re the man
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

You’re the man
No, I'm not.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

I mean that last sentence is 100% false.

When people get covid, unvaxxed, or triple vaxxed, it does not always "suck ass."

Obviously it can crush people, but it does not affect everyone the same, as you should know by now.
Did I say it "always sucks ass"? You're twisting my words. Of course you can be asymptomatic, but let's assume these players aren't ok enough to play basketball
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Covid isnt going away because way too many people especially younger ones aren't getting vaxxed any more, and it's more contagious than ever. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Covid isnt going away because way too many people especially younger ones aren't getting vaxxed any more, and it's more contagious than ever. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
The vax doesn’t do much to stop you from getting it and/or spread it. It’s become more of a treatment to lessen symptoms.

That’s been proven over time.
8 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Lock it up
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Yeah, I think everyone's had their say. Relevant discussion on URI can probably go into the next game thread, which will be for the Dec. 31 game with Duquesne (hopefully).
4 x