12/22 | Milwaukee| CANCELED-Covid19

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

12/22 | Milwaukee| CANCELED-Covid19

Unread post by ramster »

Game is cancelled due to Covid related issues with URI players/staff
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: 12/22 | Milwaukee| 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Can't lose if you don't play!

Seriously what a joke.

The GSU ended less than 24 hours ago, that almost guarantees multiple players played that game positive.

Truly incredible games are still getting cancelled because of covid a week away from 2023.
4 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

For the love of God.
0 x
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Oh boy, probably time for a break from the board for a week or so.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Oh boy...well it gives me more time to prepare for Xmas..
Last edited by LoveThoseRams 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

They actually still test for that?
2 x
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Martyf250 »

Had a weird feeling. After the Lowell game they said Archie had no voice and looked drained in the post game presser. during yesterday's game at GSU, Archie was talking to the ref, but talking into his elbow. Noticed it in one of the full court shots later in the game as well. just seemed strange

3 in my immediate family, 2 in work, and 1 friend all had it last week. Its going around again.
3 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago They actually still test for that?
I would imagine not asymptomatically

People must be sick
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Crap. I hope everyone on the team gets through it okay.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Game is cancelled due to Covid related issues with URI players/staff
No way.... that's just pathetic.

We are the first school to do this for this entire year.

Beyond ludicrous.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Hmmmm maybe this is why Bilau stayed home….
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Martyf250 wrote: 1 year ago Had a weird feeling. After the Lowell game they said Archie had no voice and looked drained in the post game presser. during yesterday's game at GSU, Archie was talking to the ref, but talking into his elbow. Noticed it in one of the full court shots later in the game as well. just seemed strange

3 in my immediate family, 2 in work, and 1 friend all had it last week. Its going around again.
Yea no shit Covid is still going around, it didn’t get wiped off the face of the earth.

Games should not still be getting cancelled because of it.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

But why is the game cancelled? Like is the whole team sick and in the hospital? There are no protocols to restrict activity. This is just a bizarre announcement. Makes no sense.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago But why is the game cancelled? Like is the whole team sick and in the hospital? There are no protocols to restrict activity. This is just a bizarre announcement. Makes no sense.
Because our administration is stuck in 2020?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I want a refund. This is BS.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

We just stole a win from ourselves.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

More time prep for the Dukes. When it really starts to matter.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago But why is the game cancelled? Like is the whole team sick and in the hospital? There are no protocols to restrict activity. This is just a bizarre announcement. Makes no sense.
Do you have any insight? No? Then maybe sympathize with those making the decisions.

If 25-50% of the active roster is experiencing Covid symptoms, they may have not even returned from Georgia yet for all we know. Or even if they have they want to rest up and not play a meaningless game against milwaukee
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

We should charter to away games of any distance. Needed resources. Airport main terminals are sewers. It could be that this was a joint decision by both teams. "IF" Archie knew/suspected he might have Covid and still coached, he should be suspended.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Why is the game cancelled? Because if half your team is sick and your coaches are sick...and Covid spreads like wildfire as a contagion, then you can't have all these folks around each other in a locker room. You don't have to be in the hospital to be sick with Covid. Isolate them, let them recover to full strength. Otherwise, you'll have an entire team sick for weeks.

What you are gonna do? Send out 7 players, including a walk-on and a couple of assistant coaches. For what?
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago
Why is the game cancelled? Because if half your team is sick and your coaches are sick...and Covid spreads like wildfire as a contagion, then you can't have all these folks around each other in a locker room. You don't have to be in the hospital to be sick with Covid. Isolate them, let them recover to full strength. Otherwise, you'll have an entire team sick for weeks.

What you are gonna do? Send out 7 players, including a walk-on and a couple of assistant coaches. For what?
48 minutes?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Overtime?
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'd like to know the extent of the sickness. Like do they have a cough? like a cold? So if a team has a cold, should the game be cancelled?
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

I'd like to know the extent of the sickness. Like do they have a cough? like a cold? So if a team has a cold, should the game be cancelled?
I’d like to know why you think you’re entitled to know the health condition of the college basketball players you “root “ for. And I put it in quotes cause I think you prefer to get off on political positioning of Covid
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'll get us out of this PR nightmare. I have friends in the FBI and DOJ who are talking to social media and news sites to discredit this fact as disinformation.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Yeah somehow our covid situation is right now far worse than any major sports program in the entire country.

Worse than anyone in professional sports and all of college sports this season.

I literally can't find the last time any game at any level was canceled for covid.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago We should charter to away games of any distance. Needed resources. Airport main terminals are sewers. It could be that this was a joint decision by both teams. "IF" Archie knew/suspected he might have Covid and still coached, he should be suspended.
Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any stupider you prove me wrong again and again.
3 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah somehow our covid situation is right now far worse than any major sports program in the entire country.

I literally can't find the last time any game at any level was canceled for covid.
You can cry and whine all you want. You have no idea what's going on and somebody else's personal health is really none of your business. You're not going to get any information from URI regarding this. It's called Personal Health Information (PHI) and it cannot be released.
https://www.hhs.gov/answers/hipaa/what- ... index.html
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago We should charter to away games of any distance. Needed resources. Airport main terminals are sewers. It could be that this was a joint decision by both teams. "IF" Archie knew/suspected he might have Covid and still coached, he should be suspended.
hahahahahahahahahahahahah.... one of your best
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago
Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any stupider you prove me wrong again and again.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

You can cry and whine all you want. You have no idea what's going on and somebody else's personal health is really none of your business. You're not going to get any information from URI regarding this. It's called Personal Health Information (PHI) and it cannot be released.
I really don't care mike. I want a refund for this game not being played.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

I really don't care mike. I want a refund for this game not being played.
I 100% agree with you. Any customer should a get refund of any game (concert, performance, etc.) that is cancelled. Contact the ticket office...they've got your money.
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Re: 12/22 | Milwaukee| CANCELED-Covid19

Unread post by ram1980 »

I think Bryant cancelled a game last week because of illness. Not sure if it was COVID, but assume it was and just got email that we season ticket holders refund is going to the RAM fund. I would assume you could fight that
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago I think Bryant cancelled a game last week because of illness. Not sure if it was COVID, but assume it was and just got email that we season ticket holders refund is going to the RAM fund. I would assume you could fight that
No, I'm good with that. Thanks.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Maybe they could throw in some free popcorn……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago I think Bryant cancelled a game last week because of illness. Not sure if it was COVID, but assume it was and just got email that we season ticket holders refund is going to the RAM fund. I would assume you could fight that
https://www.wpri.com/sports/bryant-post ... h-illness/
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I have Covid and I’m like 90% positive I got at last wednesdays URI game (cuz I work from home and do nothing else). It’s still out there ya fucking boomers. This game was meaningless anyways, cancelling it means nothing except it let’s the team heal
9 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

This was the concluding game of an Away-and-Home series. Will Milwaukee come to the RC next year w/o compensation? In any case more red ink for URI unless we have cancellation insurance.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Why fight? What's wrong with a donation to support our teams?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago I have Covid and I’m like 90% positive I got at last wednesdays URI game (cuz I work from home and do nothing else). It’s still out there ya fucking boomers. This game was meaningless anyways, cancelling it means nothing except it let’s the team heal
Put your mask on, sit down, and let the adults take care of this. I bet you can't even surf. Ever drop in, when it's triple overhead? You better just calm down.
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago
Nothing wrong with a donation- but it just shouldn't be assumed that a ticket holder's credit for a cancelled game should go right to the RAM fund. Especially when season ticket holders paid increased prices for this dumpster fire of a season.
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago I have Covid and I’m like 90% positive I got at last wednesdays URI game (cuz I work from home and do nothing else). It’s still out there ya fucking boomers. This game was meaningless anyways, cancelling it means nothing except it let’s the team heal
Put your mask on, sit down, and let the adults take care of this. I bet you can't even surf. Ever drop in, when it's triple overhead? You better just calm down.
Lol
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Let's not get into the politics of this again. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhodyram wrote: 1 year ago
RJRam wrote: 1 year ago
Nothing wrong with a donation- but it just shouldn't be assumed that a ticket holder's credit for a cancelled game should go right to the RAM fund. Especially when season ticket holders paid increased prices for this dumpster fire of a season.
This is true. No one should ever assume what they can/can't do with other people's hard-earned money. Especially since most organizations traditionally refund a cancelled event. The option should be given, and I think most would have no problem with the donation. But it should still be an option IMO.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Any chance this pause can get extended to mid March? ;)
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago
Lol
I knew you would like that one. :D
2 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Totally pitted
1 x
:lol:
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Don’t have a problem with it but the responsible party directing a refund back to itself is kinda weird.

Well I’ll consider my bobble head and ice coffee mug covered then.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

You want your money back? Ho, Ho, Ho! They'll put you on the naughty list! They have special seats for people on the naughty list.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!