12/7 | Brown | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 12/7 | Brown | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody22 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Archie better hit the recruiting trail and land us some 4* recruits. I'm suspect on the recruits next year because they are 2*. I'm suspect on some of these guys on the team now. The freshman bigs will need time, but our guard play is a disaster.

I agree. The 2 guys he has for next year don’t excite me one bit. I think he needs to make roster space for about 4 other guys that are all of a much higher caliber than any he has right now. If not, next year may not look much better than this one when it’s all said and done.
What do you not like about Connor and Cam?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

The question is, can Archie actually recruit 4 star guys to come to URI? What's the pitch? Especially if the W-L record continues at this pace (or dare I say worse this year)?
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

OK we suck right now. But I believe the "winnable" games we're losing right now we'll be winning eventually. Come on, who's with me?!
2 x
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

If ever we needed another ball handler, tonight was the night. I love routing for the local kid but in the last hand full of games Thomas has proven that he does not have the talent to compete as this level. I'm not sure what he does in practice but he cannot shoot it in games. And, can someone please teach our bigs how to box out on the free throw line. No excuse for that.
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago At least we have been in three close games now so we are on our way to learning how to win them. I think it’s a good sign that we’ve been in these games. When we figure out how to win them, things will chance fast.
3 close games that any other year we would’ve won easily. I’ve been hearing this statement for years and we still lose the majority of close games. The close ones we actually win is usually after allowing the opponent to cut a 20 point lead to 5.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Based on the play to date, I am very concerned that there is little on this team to build upon or around. there is little of the talent here needed to succeed at the level we desire. this is a lost year that just puts us another year further away from success. We are unfortunately probably SEVERAL seasons away from a good team capable of competing at a high level.
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago So, so, so, we can’t let this one slip away, right?
So, so, so…..wrong, we did brutal. I like the time out in that end of game situation, I heard and understood what Archie said in post game.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I'll make another major understatement. Massive roster changes needed next season. Too many non D1 players on this team. We know Archie can coach but he's got probably the least talent he's ever had right now and hes got to be awfully frustrated along with all of us. The onus will be on him to upgrade this roster sooner rather than later.
I don't think there will be a massive roster overhaul.
i am also not ready to give up on our young talent.

We knew or at least most of us did, that this season was going to be ugly.
But I will admit, I didn't think our record would be this bad right now.
Unfortunately, it probably won't be much easier as we get into conference play.

But yeah, I expect the players and our staff to improve as the season moves along.

I’m sure they’ll improve. I mean, can it actually get worse?
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 1 year ago
reef wrote: 1 year ago
RoadyJay wrote: 1 year ago At least he recognizes/admits it.

Still love you Arch , this year is all about getting better not about wins and losses though tonight sucks real bad

Raise your hands if Cox would have ever said a quote like the above
Giving him credit for pointing out how bad he is??? His roster isn’t capable of competing in the Ivy League. This is bad.
Actually, yes. After you've had a coach who talked about gameday being an opportunity to compete, have fun and "maybe" win a game, it's refreshing to hear Archie recognize that he's responsible for this disaster.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

What a low bar Cox set for us, now all you have to do is admit you suck and all is good.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

People are complaining about not taking a time out at the end...I'd rather complain about the last 5 minutes of the game...that was a LOT worse compared to that...the game should never have been close at the end.
11 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Archie better hit the recruiting trail and land us some 4* recruits. I'm suspect on the recruits next year because they are 2*. I'm suspect on some of these guys on the team now. The freshman bigs will need time, but our guard play is a disaster.

I agree. The 2 guys he has for next year don’t excite me one bit. I think he needs to make roster space for about 4 other guys that are all of a much higher caliber than any he has right now. If not, next year may not look much better than this one when it’s all said and done.
What do you not like about Connor and Cam?
I didn’t say I don’t like them but I don’t think they are star players that will be able to take this team to where we want to go. Especially not from day 1. I hope I’m wrong.

I’ve said it before, but as a fan base, we tend to overhype anyone who we are even mentioned with. If they choose us? They are all the 2nd coming of EC and Hassan.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I'll make another major understatement. Massive roster changes needed next season. Too many non D1 players on this team. We know Archie can coach but he's got probably the least talent he's ever had right now and hes got to be awfully frustrated along with all of us. The onus will be on him to upgrade this roster sooner rather than later.
I don't think there will be a massive roster overhaul.
i am also not ready to give up on our young talent.

We knew or at least most of us did, that this season was going to be ugly.
But I will admit, I didn't think our record would be this bad right now.
Unfortunately, it probably won't be much easier as we get into conference play.

But yeah, I expect the players and our staff to improve as the season moves along.

I’m sure they’ll improve. I mean, can it actually get worse?
We have a young roster, and most have little Div 1 experience, plus a new staff.
So yeah, this season is going to suck.

But like I said very early on, I had no expectations except to see this team grow.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It doesn't matter how good a coach you are if you dont or can't get enough talent to come here. I guess we will find out soon enough.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I haven't read any posts yet so I am sure I will duplicate. Just got home. First game this year I've come home pissed off. It wasn't worth the 65 minute drive down 295 and 95 in crummy weather. I actually puked up the Kool aid I've been drinking for the first 8 plus games. How can you let a team beat you that I believe the final score was their only lead. This team keeps making the same head shaking mistakes. Ridiculous unforced turnovers. Offensive rebounds off missed foul shots. This team is as soft as marshmallows. Inexcusable and unacceptable loss tonight. Sorry.. wish rock bottom would come pretty soon so we can begin the ascent to at least respectability.
Last edited by ram1980 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

This team lacks confidence and it shows when the going gets tight and tough. This must be having an effect on morale.
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Based on the play to date, I am very concerned that there is little on this team to build upon or around. there is little of the talent here needed to succeed at the level we desire. this is a lost year that just puts us another year further away from success. We are unfortunately probably SEVERAL seasons away from a good team capable of competing at a high level.

Agreed. I expected it to be a rebuilding season with plenty of bumps in the road. The lack of quality seen so far in the players brought in is very concerning. I don’t see any all A10 caliber players.

An 8-10 win season this year just makes it that much harder to get good players to come to URI. Miller name or not. I think it was a mistake to not bring in 2-3 experienced players with a year or two of eligibility left. Guys from winning programs who know how to win games. I also think the year off for Archie really hurt his ability to get better players. His connections were probably not as strong as before.
2 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

They didn’t grow tonight. Very poor execution down the stretch. And with 2 timeouts they should have called 1 when Bilau was having trouble finding an outlet. They weren’t ready to go right in to a game winning play.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

His plan to bring in all inexperienced players (except freeman) is certainly fair game for second guessing.
Last edited by RIFan 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not that it matters, but Connor and Cam are 3 star players. I would be shocked if Connor didn’t make an impact right away with his shot making ability. We desperately need it.

I still have faith in our young guys and most importantly Archie.

Hahahahaha already talking about a current high school senior making an instant impact next season.

When are you people gonna learn?

Stewart was supposed be this shooting savior, posters here said he was “really good” and he sucks.

We have multiple kids who were 4* in high school. Underwhelming to say the least.

Will people here EVER stop hyping up our recruits?
3 x
Go Rhody
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
Big Rhody Guy wrote: 1 year ago Those two timeouts in our pocket are pretty sick
Archie needed to take one on the last possession. We looked way too disorganized in the back court. Take a timeout, calm the team down, and run something you feel comfortable with
Who were you going to run a play for. Maybe ish that's it. I actually left my seat to head out when brown took the lead but I stood up too right in line with malik's shot thought it was in. If they ran a set play with that lineup odds are they wouldn't have gotten as good a shot
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago The question is, can Archie actually recruit 4 star guys to come to URI? What's the pitch? Especially if the W-L record continues at this pace (or dare I say worse this year)?
……the practice facility?
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago It doesn't matter how good a coach you are if you dont or can't get enough talent to come here. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Dan got talent here with less resources.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Don’t know if anyone noticed but Brown had Friday and another player sitting on the bench during the National Anthem. That pisses me off as much as losing to that high and mighty Ivy League school. Lost all respect for Mike Martin.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago The question is, can Archie actually recruit 4 star guys to come to URI? What's the pitch? Especially if the W-L record continues at this pace (or dare I say worse this year)?
Dan recruited multiple 4 star kids here when the program was in worse shape coming off single digit win seasons.
0 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago It doesn't matter how good a coach you are if you dont or can't get enough talent to come here. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Dan got talent here with less resources.
I don't pretend to know a ton about Archie's recruiting connections, but I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of Hurley's recruiting connections. And they are stellar.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

EC, Jared, Hassan and Fatts were obvious stars pretty much from the start…does anyone see a star or two in this bunch?
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Yeah, Archie better land some top 100 kids soon. this recruiting unknowns is not going to work it seems.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Based on the play to date, I am very concerned that there is little on this team to build upon or around. there is little of the talent here needed to succeed at the level we desire. this is a lost year that just puts us another year further away from success. We are unfortunately probably SEVERAL seasons away from a good team capable of competing at a high level.

Agreed. I expected it to be a rebuilding season with plenty of bumps in the road. The lack of quality seen so far in the players brought in is very concerning. I don’t see any all A10 caliber players.

An 8-10 win season this year just makes it that much harder to get good players to come to URI. Miller name or not. I think it was a mistake to not bring in 2-3 experienced players with a year or two of eligibility left. Guys from winning programs who know how to win games. I also think the year off for Archie really hurt his ability to get better players. His connections were probably not as strong as before.
After just 9 games, I am not ready to pass judgement on the future of some of these young players.

Also, remember Dan did pretty well with recruits after just 8 wins his first season.

I too was little surprised that Archie didn't bring in some more experienced players.
But that obviously wasn't his plan, and he is a lot smarter than me.
So at this time, we just need to trust his methods about building a successful program.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

After just 9 games, I am not ready to pass judgement on the future of some of these young players.

Also, remember Dan did pretty well with recruits after just 8 wins his first season.

I too was little surprised that Archie didn't bring in some more experienced players.
So at this time, we just need to trust his methods about building a successful program.
IIRC, Dan got commitments from EC and Hass before he even coached a single game here. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Yeah, this year is a bust. And the freshman recruits next year are underwhelming. So I'll take a step back and see who we recruit this year for 2024. If it's 2 and 3* players, we have problems. If Archie lands us some high ranked recruits (Top 100, 4 stars) then game on.
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Rhody22 wrote: 1 year ago I think it was a mistake to not bring in 2-3 experienced players with a year or two of eligibility left. Guys from winning programs who know how to win games.
The more I reflect on tonight, and some of the other close losses, the more I started to have this same thought. You can just see the team missing the concept of how to close and win. Not a single player on this team has played for a winner. Your 2-3 vets in Ish, Malik and Carey may be quality leaders, but that doesn’t make them winners by default
3 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Not that it matters, but Connor and Cam are 3 star players. I would be shocked if Connor didn’t make an impact right away with his shot making ability. We desperately need it.

Hahahahaha already talking about a current high school senior making an instant impact next season.

Stewart was supposed be this shooting savior, posters here said he was “really good” and he sucks.

We have multiple kids who were 4* in high school. Underwhelming to say the least.

No they won’t.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RoadyJay wrote: 1 year ago President, CEO, SVP of the Archie Miller Fan Club has some explaining to do. Hopefully an official statement forthcoming tonight.
Welcome to year one of a rebuild. It was disgusting to see. But did we forget what rebuilds look like? We got let down slowly over 4 years and for whatever reason people just ignored URI instead of being angry at Dave Cox.

Idk why you’re getting angry at the guy who’s going to dig us out of this mess and not the guy who got us here.

Year 1-2 is about the guy before. Year 3 is about the guy in the chair.

That sucked - but we have a young team and a broken culture. 1 reliable scorer now in Ish Leggett. But you can’t make assessments on true freshmen in 9 games. Anyone saying they’re looking for mass transfers can go suck a brick and go up to Providence and root for them.

I guess this is the part where I remind everyone that Dan Hurley started out worse, that people here wanted him fired, and that the Fordham loss our A10 championship year was worse.

Bassy isn’t good enough to play the major minutes, but we’re short on ball handlers. These are the growing pains.

Archie is trying to establish a culture and teach a very complex system to a team of largely freshmen.

I like hearing that he had an explanation for why he didn’t call a timeout. I disagree but I trust the guy.

He’s going to fix it. But it won’t be on our timetable. It won’t be pleasant. But it’ll be worth it.

We’ll be good when we’re good. See you Saturday.
Last edited by Blue Man 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Yeah, Archie better land some top 100 kids soon. this recruiting unknowns is not going to work it seems.
I hate to break it to you, but Weston was Top 100, Tchikou was Top 100, Carey was Top 100.

Tchikou was as follows:

Rivals - 37th
24/7 - 65th
ESPN - 95th
On3 - 66th

Weston

Rivals - 75th
24/7 - 83rd
ESPN - 78th
On3 - not listed

Carey

Rivals - 53rd
24/7 - 61st
ESPN - 38th
On3 - not listed

You’re fascinated with rankings for really no reason.

Yes, it may make a headline or two.

But for the last few years in this program, high school * and rankings have meant less than nothing.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Go Rhody
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I would like to ask a question....
Brayon Freeman is a very good player but something about him when he is on the court just rubs me the wrong way. Is it me
The fouls the reactions to the coach. Just something not right
Maybe over analyzing.....I don't know
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Hahahahahahaha already talking negatively about two players that’s haven’t played a second of basketball for us. But that’s your thing.

Ok everyone, let’s be like 15…Everything sucks. Connor sucks. Cam sucks. Every single recruit that Archie Miller brings in from now on is going to suck. We have NO HOPE. NONE.

This team needs a shooter badly. Connor is a shooter. I didn’t say he would be a superstar from day one. I said I think he’ll make an impact. Connor had high major offers and plays with and against great competition. Rory was a 0 star player that was offered by no one. Most of the people here felt he would need time to develop and that Foumena was the better get.

I think Archie Miller and this staff will continue to make upgrades to this roster and I think Connor will be an important piece.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

We need top 25 recruits! Might as well shoot for the moon!

You can dream…
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago I would like to ask a question....
Brayon Freeman is a very good player but something about him when he is on the court just rubs me the wrong way. Is it me
The fouls the reactions to the coach. Just something not right
Maybe over analyzing.....I don't know
When he fouled out, I had zero issue with how he responded.

Someone posted earlier about it.

For a few seconds he was pissed, but then composed himself, started giving high fives as if to say “alright, that’s my bad, let’s get it, bring it home, let’s get the win.”
1 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

IIRC, Dan got commitments from EC and Hass before he even coached a single game here. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
He did,
We have commits Dubs and Cam coming in and possibly Ant.
I am not about to give up on Foumena, Weston, Hutch, Alex, and Rory yet.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
RoadyJay wrote: 1 year ago At least he recognizes/admits it.

Still love you Arch , this year is all about getting better not about wins and losses though tonight sucks real bad

Raise your hands if Cox would have ever said a quote like the above
Both teams had fun out there
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Hahahahahahaha already talking negatively about two players that’s haven’t played a second of basketball for us. But that’s your thing.

Ok everyone, let’s be like 15…Everything sucks. Connor sucks. Cam sucks. Every single recruit that Archie Miller brings in from now on is going to suck. We have NO HOPE. NONE.

This team needs a shooter badly. Connor is a shooter. I didn’t say he would be a superstar from day one. I said I think he’ll make an impact. Connor had high major offers and plays with and against great competition. Rory was a 0 star player that was offered by no one. Most of the people here felt he would need time to develop and that Foumena was the better get.

I think Archie Miller and this staff will continue to make upgrades to this roster and I think Connor will be an important piece.

When did I talk negatively about the kids? I hope they’re great, I don’t assume they will be like you.

I don’t go around like the majority of people here thinking every recruit is going to make an instant impact. You do.

You talk about these kids like you’re a professional scout and recruiter.

I couldn’t care less what programs offered Conor.

We have kids on our team from Syracuse, Alabama, Seton Hall.

Over the last few years we’ve had kids from Maryland and Georgetown.

How has that worked out?
0 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I’m sorry, but I thought we were told that in this day of no sit out transfers there was no reason to go through a long painful rebuild anymore. Especially if you hire a name coach, what gives?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
RoadyJay wrote: 1 year ago President, CEO, SVP of the Archie Miller Fan Club has some explaining to do. Hopefully an official statement forthcoming tonight.
Welcome to year one of a rebuild. It was disgusting to see. But did we forget what rebuilds look like? We got let down slowly over 4 years and for whatever reason people just ignored URI instead of being angry at Dave Cox.

Idk why you’re getting angry at the guy who’s going to dig us out of this mess and not the guy who got us here.

That sucked - but we have a young team and a broken culture. 1 reliable scorer now in Ish Leggett. But you can’t make assessments on true freshmen in 9 games. Anyone saying they’re looking for mass transfers can go suck a brick and go up to Providence and root for them.

I guess this is the part where I remind everyone that Dan Hurley started out worse, that people here wanted him fired, and that the Fordham loss our A10 championship year was worse.

Bassy isn’t good enough to play the major minutes, but we’re short on ball handlers. These are the growing pains.

Archie is trying to establish a culture and teach a very complex system to a team of largely freshmen.

I like hearing that he had an explanation for why he didn’t call a timeout. I disagree but I trust the guy.

He’s going to fix it. But it won’t be on our timetable. It won’t be pleasant. But it’ll be worth it.

I agree with all of this basically and I’m not mad at Archie. I just don’t know if I have it in me to watch every minute of a rebuild at this point in my life. I actually like the longterm potential of several guys on this roster - maybe more than some other posters here do. But as of now there is definitely something missing from an intangible standpoint even putting aside the talent issues. That’s one key difference I see vs 2012 since you brought that topic up elsewhere. It’s reductive to just blame that solely on the coach; the players have to take some ownership over their own season and careers, not let the fact that they’re in a rebuild become an excuse to come up short personally. Have some pride, maintain some focus like it matters. You can’t lose your guy on the defensive end when a shot goes up at the end of a close game, you can’t throw the ball into the seats or to a guy that left his spot a half second ago on your precious last possessions. I get this is the type of stuff that happens to young and inexperienced teams. I get that “rebuild” is short for “bad (for now)”, and that this is what bad teams do and look like. But honestly I’m not sure how much more of it I can watch.
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago The really disappointing part is you aren’t seeing even a glimmer of consistency from any of the new guys. Weston still looks unsure of himself on offense and like he’s never played basketball. Tchikou didn’t even see the court. Rory and Hutch zilch.

Right now we have two small-ish combo guards (Bray and Ish) that can play and I’m searching for what else. Bilau has shown flashes in multiple games of being serviceable but thats about it. I have no expectations for wins but some development isn’t even evident yet.
I dont know we looked good the entire way except for the last three minutes

Guys were making plays

They kept answering the bell then they just don't know how to win and folded

But damn we gotta at least start beating the bottom of division 1 I mean come on
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No they won’t.
I’d rather have faith that a proven head coach that has landed and developed some absolute studs in his career will do the same for us and get us back to where we should be over being negative 24/7 like 15. I’m not gonna overreact and think every recruit is gonna suck because we have had a bad start in year one. Archie is going to have recruiting misses like every head coach but I truly believe Archie and this staff will land the players we need to get this program back on top of the A10.

My question for you is, what about Connors game leads you to believe he won't be a good player? I’ve explained multiple times why I like Connors game. Why do you two think he won't make an impact??
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

No they won’t.
I’d rather have faith that a proven head coach that has landed and developed some absolute studs in his career will do the same for us and get us back to where we should be over being negative 24/7 like 15. I’m not gonna overreact and think every recruit is gonna suck because we have had a bad start in year one. Archie is going to have recruiting misses like every head coach but I truly believe Archie and this staff will land the players we need to get this program back on top of the A10.

My question for you is, what about Connors game leads you to believe he won't be a good player? I’ve explained multiple times why I like Connors game. Why do you two think he won't make an impact??
Besides the hiring of Archie, there has been ZERO to be positive about this year and the last two years.

Awful product on the court, bad attitudes, no growth.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Went outside on the deck (it’s actually not bad out), took a breath and let the fresh air clear my head. I’m on to Army, I said to myself. I felt a bit better.

Then, I went in the house and checked back in on this thread. Oooph, big mistake. Bad juju. :lol:

But the players and coaches deserve it for the effort tonight.

I’m on to Army. Hopefully the Army game won’t go FUBAR. That said, we are only 9 games in to a re-build from a four year descent so I’ll just strap in for a rougher ride than I expected until we are relevant again.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

When did I talk negatively about the kids? I hope they’re great, I don’t assume they will be like you.

I don’t go around like the majority of people here thinking every recruit is going to make an instant impact. You do.

You talk about these kids like you’re a professional scout and recruiter.

I couldn’t care less what programs offered Conor.

We have kids on our team from Syracuse, Alabama, Seton Hall.

Over the last few years we’ve had kid from Maryland and Georgetown.

How has that worked out?
I didn’t like KC pickup.

I didn’t like Adrian Meyers. I’m still gonna try and be positive and hope for the best.

I said I thought Lou and Tchkiou would need a year or so to develop. I thought Rory was a shooter but would have a lot of issues dealing with the speed at this level.

The recruits I was really high on were Weston, Bray, and Ant.

I’m not an idiot and think every recruit is going to be superstar and it’s incredibly annoying that you continue to say I do because I’m not negative about everyone like you are.

Hahahha a professional scout?? What? Now you’re bothered by someone that enjoys watching our incoming recruits games and talks positively about them? Is there anything that doesn’t bother you? I just love URI basketball and give my opinion about their games. Being a professional scout would be cool but nope I’m not that. I’m just someone that believes in this coaching staff.
Last edited by steveystuds06 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

I don’t know what it is, my friend. I can’t pinpoint it, but for me it goes beyond being the first year of a rebuild with an inexperienced roster. Something is off.

Maybe I just miss that absolute maniac on the sidelines desperate to win every game. I don’t get the same vibe with this coaching staff.

Archie was absolutely the best hire. I’d do it 100 out of 100 times. But if there was a performance evaluation after 9 months since his hire, and 9 games played, there wouldn’t be many positives.

Not that my opinion means a darn thing.
5 x