Zoom hour with Archie Miller and Ed Cooley

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Zoom hour with Archie Miller and Ed Cooley

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

"AN HOUR WITH THE COACHES
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28 | 7 PM | ZOOM
PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL NIL INITIATIVES

Join us on Monday, November 28th at 7:00 PM for this one-of-a-kind event leading up to the URI vs Providence men's basketball game on December 3rd.

Moderated by The Voice of the Rams, Steve McDonald, and The Voice of the Friars, John Rooke, you will have the opportunity to hear from first year head coach, Archie Miller, and the Naismith Coach of the Year, Ed Cooley from the comfort of your own home.

The coaches will share the stage to discuss the Rhode Island vs Providence game, the importance of the Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) in the new NCAA landscape, their time together with USA Basketball, and a wide range of other topics.

This special event will be pay-for-view, live on Zoom and the proceeds will benefit Rhode Island Basketball NIL initiatives.

A link to the Zoom will be emailed approximately one hour prior to the event.

This live event will run for approximately 60 minutes."

Cost is $50 and if you buy through the URI links it gets paid to Rhode to Excellence, which I assume is what our NIL collective will be called considering they're making the NIL part of the discussion
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Zoom hour with Archie Miller and Ed Cooley

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

What's in it for Cooley? This seems weird.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Looks like if you buy it through a PC link the $50 goes to their collective

"PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT NIL INITIATIVES FOR PROVIDENCE COLLEGE MEN'S BASKETBALL"

So both guys just trying to raise money for their collectives. Got to love the idea
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago What's in it for Cooley? This seems weird.
Any publicity is good publicity, not weird at all for him to be involved in promoting his schools NIL collective a week before a rivalry game.
1 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It’s a pass for me
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I'd actually pay $50 to see them share a stage and chat for an hour in person, but I've got no interest in watching this over Zoom. Wouldn't even tune in if it were free.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

HARD PASS

why would I tune into a loser PC COACH ??

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

Get off my rhody message Board

I have no time for OVERATED coaches
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago HARD PASS

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

I assume then you won’t tune into watch the Rhody PC game with the loser overrated coach?

I think it’ll be an interesting listen a few days before the game but $50 over zoom is a pass for me as well.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

He was quite literally the best coach in the NCAAs last year. He has an award to prove it. Not sure how that’s overrated.

Plus him and Archie are great friends.

There will be no shortage of Friar fans on im sure - it’s a bar tab. I bet most of us can manage and support the program. sad look if it’s all PC fans.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I was drinking tonight - well this afternoon really
5 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

🤣
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

He was quite literally the best coach in the NCAAs last year. He has an award to prove it. Not sure how that’s overrated.

There will be no shortage of Friar fans on im sure - it’s a bar tab. I bet most of us can manage and support the program. sad look if it’s all PC fans.
Sad look to who if it’s all PC Fans?

You could pay me $50 and I wouldn’t join this Zoom. I’m Ducken.

EZ Pass.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

EZ Pass.
Sad look to 2nd fiddle program in Rhode Island who makes excuses like this. Way too much of a god complex from this board sometimes
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

EZ Pass.
Sad look to 2nd fiddle program in Rhode Island who makes excuses like this. Way too much of a god complex from this board sometimes
Nah. It’s more like people make Cooley out to be a God, especially the media.
Like how “PC doesn’t need to play URI” from media used to justify Cooley dropping the URI game, than Cooley laughably signing up to play FDU in our place. #WhoDucken.

0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

EZ Pass.
Like how “PC doesn’t need to play URI” from media used to justify Cooley dropping the URI game, than Cooley laughably signing up to play FDU in our place. #WhoDucken.

He’s the most successful coach in Rhode Island, seems like it’s deserved.

Maybe if URI fans supported the program instead of whining like adolescents about “Pee Cee”, we could consistently have the resources to beat PC. And then URI would get the deserved media coverage

And to be clear I think we’re on a corrected and right path with Archie. But program support needs to be continuous, lean into the momentum
5 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe if URI fans supported the program instead of whining like adolescents about “Pee Cee”, we could consistently have the resources to beat PC. And then URI would get the deserved media coverage

And to be clear I think we’re on a corrected and right path with Archie. But program support needs to be continuous, lean into the momentum
Deserved media coverage?
A game on Saturday gets in Monday’s ProJo. That’s not going to change with newspapers dying off.
Don’t blame posters on this board for that state of the program or lack of media coverage. That’s crazy talk.
You are free to worship Cooley. I’m free not to worship Cooley.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Deserved media coverage?
A game on Saturday gets in Monday’s ProJo. That’s not going to change with newspapers dying off.
Don’t blame posters on this board for that state of the program or lack of media coverage. That’s crazy talk.
I mean…for the billionth time. The ProJo is a business. Coverage is dictated by clicks/views of subscribers and paying customers.

If you’re a business looking to figure out a new product to lean into - casual impressions, things like ancillary events that support the programs, like this zoom - are a good barometer.

When people like that see an overwhelming amount of support for PC at events like this - do you think editors say “wow, we really need to have Bill ramp up the coverage and send him everywhere this rabid fanbase is” or “yup, no one cares about this program in this state - even their own fans, keep the coverage as is.”

My favorite part is that the same detractors of ProJos coverage (usually non-subscribers) are the same people who decry the change of college sports with NIL relevance and complain that URI can’t compete - while simultaneously refusing to commit to helping that very cause.

I’m all about message boards for complaining, as the de facto complainer in chief in here…but these kind of complaints can be easily solved if you actually care enough.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

EZ Pass.

You can say what you want about Cooley but when he's bringing in twelve thousand fans for games like Ryder and Northeastern that's getting the job done.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

woodennickel1 wrote: 1 year ago

You can say what you want about Cooley but when he's bringing in twelve thousand fans for games like Ryder and Northeastern that's getting the job done.
Good for him. $4.5 million salary a year he should do that, right?
Why play URI and risk a loss when you can bring in FDU instead and get a very probable win and pad the won/lost record. Fill the place with FDU or fill it with URI - no brainer.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Deserved media coverage?
I mean…for the billionth time. The ProJo is a business. Coverage is dictated by clicks/views of subscribers and paying customers.

If you’re a business looking to figure out a new product to lean into - casual impressions, things like ancillary events that support the programs, like this zoom - are a good barometer.

When people like that see an overwhelming amount of support for PC at events like this - do you think editors say “wow, we really need to have Bill ramp up the coverage and send him everywhere this rabid fanbase is” or “yup, no one cares about this program in this state - even their own fans, keep the coverage as is.”

My favorite part is that the same detractors of ProJos coverage (usually non-subscribers) are the same people who decry the change of college sports with NIL relevance and complain that URI can’t compete - while simultaneously refusing to commit to helping that very cause.

I’m all about message boards for complaining, as the de facto complainer in chief in here…but these kind of complaints can be easily solved if you actually care enough.
Maybe give him more than $50, sign up extra people to bring in more money and clicks. Load up the NIL coffers.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Deserved media coverage?

Maybe give him more than $50, sign up extra people to bring in more money and clicks. Load up the NIL coffers.
I don’t get it? Every Rhody fan that registers at that link is literally giving $50 to our NIL, which directly benefits our players.

If everyone on the board did that, it’s $40-50k to the NIL in an hour. It’s not split between PC or URI. Their fans have a separate link. So no one is “supporting” PC by doing this. You’re supporting URI and getting one more chance to get hyped for the game.

Why there’s so much resistance here is beyond me.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

woodennickel1 wrote: 1 year ago

Good for him. $4.5 million salary a year he should do that, right?
Why play URI and risk a loss when you can bring in FDU instead and get a very probable win and pad the won/lost record. Fill the place with FDU or fill it with URI - no brainer.
There were no fans allowed the year he ducked URI . But to you're point Syracuse has done that for years. As it turned out he was right his team sucked that year and he could not afford another loss. Did not end up mattering anyway.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I plan to sign up.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I don’t get it? Every Rhody fan that registers at that link is literally giving $50 to our NIL, which directly benefits our players.

If everyone on the board did that, it’s $40-50k to the NIL in an hour. It’s not split between PC or URI. Their fans have a separate link. So no one is “supporting” PC by doing this. You’re supporting URI and getting one more chance to get hyped for the game.

PC fans will do this without blinking. Most of our fans, to the extent they even acknowledge it, will bitch and complain. That’s the hurdle/handicap that our program deals with. Everyone wants the shiny program but nobody wants to put up the money or invest the time. Until we do, we’ll get what we get and can’t get upset.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

This sounds interesting for sure but my ADHD would never make it.
2 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago

PC fans will do this without blinking. Most of our fans, to the extent they even acknowledge it, will bitch and complain. That’s the hurdle/handicap that our program deals with. Everyone wants the shiny program but nobody wants to put up the money or invest the time. Until we do, we’ll get what we get and can’t get upset.
A good question would be, how many contributors and readers of this forum actually contribute to the program? My guess would be embarrassing!
1 x
class of 86
Michael Andersen

Unread post by class of 86 »

OVERATED !

OVERATED buffoon

Best coach in the NCAA last season!!!I'm thinking Shaheen Holloway Bill Self Hubert Roberts And Tommy Lloyd (whoa actually won more coach of the year awards)would strongly disagree about the luckiest coach in the NCAA last year
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Reminder, this is tonight. Don't be cheap! Support your guys!
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Thanks for the reminder Blue Man. Just signed up. Should be a good hour of discussion.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Also - anyone know how we claim our tickets? All I got in the email was my receipt.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Also - anyone know how we claim our tickets? All I got in the email was my receipt.
I was thinking the same but the announcement said we should get an email about an hour prior to the event.
0 x
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

Locked and loaded
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Anyone get a link yet?
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Not me.

edit. check your junk mail. I found it there.
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I figured it out. I signed up late and didn't get the link so I had to call the number on the receipt email. If it happens to anyone else thats probably what you have to do.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Late - but I am in. Worthy cause
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Wow Ed Cooley talking up the importance of the rivalry and how he’s done it a disservice publicly.

Apologizing to the fans for downplaying it because it’s a “war”
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Wow Ed Cooley talking up the importance of the rivalry and how he’s done it a disservice publicly.

I’ve said it for years, he was being a semi troll just to stir up our fan base.
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Wow Ed Cooley talking up the importance of the rivalry and how he’s done it a disservice publicly.

Yeah I think most of us knew that and said that - just wild for him to drop the 4th wall.

Thought it was fun. The two of them are great guys and great interviews.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That was feckin great! What a great hour. Man.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

We thoroughly enjoyed that chat! Well worth the $50. to go to URI Excellence Fund.
2 x
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

Archie is a great representative for URI. Wow what a great speaker. Love how Ed gave the rivalry it's due. He seems to like Archie a bit more than Hurley
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URIFIJI wrote: 1 year ago Archie is a great representative for URI. Wow what a great speaker. Love how Ed gave the rivalry it's due. He seems to like Archie a bit more than Hurley
I love hatred in a rivalry, so I kind of wish they weren’t friends haha.

Cooley and Hurley going at each other near midcourt was incredible to see live.
3 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

URIFIJI wrote: 1 year ago Archie is a great representative for URI. Wow what a great speaker. Love how Ed gave the rivalry it's due. He seems to like Archie a bit more than Hurley

You can see it twice a year now. It's great Cooley recognized his roots and how Skinner employed him for 10 years. Cooley earned his way, but he was helped by URI.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I understand why he did it, but I don't get why he thought it was a good idea. Yeah, you troll the opposition fans, but everyone locally knows it's bullshit and it doesn't help you nationally. You win, who cares, it's not a big deal by your own admission. You lose, how could you lose that game? By acknowledging the rivalry you draw attention to a win and if you lose you can say "did you see that buzzsaw environment we had to play in?"
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

You can see it twice a year now. It's great Cooley recognized his roots and how Skinner employed him for 10 years. Cooley earned his way, but he was helped by URI.
Yea but it won’t be the same without Hurley being here.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Funnier still because Ed and Danny became great friends. Ed helped Danny a lot out with recruiting trips when he was here.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

https://twitter.com/rhodyexcellence

Here’s the NIL collective that was announced.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I was talking about uconn
0 x