2022-23 Men's Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 2022-23 Men's Games of Interest

Unread post by reef »

Brysnt coast to coast for the lead 72-71. 0.8 left
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Bryant beats Syracuse 73-72.

Walker has 18 pts/ 11 rebs
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Bryant may end up being the best team in the state by March.

Shit, they could be now.

They got dudes. Plenty of em.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I said it last year and I’ll say it again. Grasso is a stud. Huge win for Bryant!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Honestly, good for Walker. He's very likely going to be playing in the NCAA tournament in March on a really good mid major team.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Bryant is the best team in RI zero doubt

Go Dawgs!
Last edited by hrstrat57 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I said it last year and I’ll say it again. Grasso is a stud. Huge win for Bryant!!
Grasso can coach and recruit, especially trying to get talent to Bryant, not easy.
He has a used car salesman approach.

We know he is a character and many opposing fans are turned off by his personality.
But got to give him credit, he is building a program in Smithfield RI.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I said it last year and I’ll say it again. Grasso is a stud. Huge win for Bryant!!
Grasso can coach and recruit, especially trying to get talent to Bryant, not easy.

We know he is a character and many opposing fans are turned off by his personality.
Definitely an extremely polarizing coach.

I still can’t decide if I like him or not.
2 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

If they played PC, who would you root for?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Hah, what a softball question.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That’s not even a debate. Bryant by a billion.

I cheer for them now, want them to do well, they’re very talented and I enjoy watching them play.

Just don’t know if I like all the extra curricular stuff Grasso seems to always be involved in.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Bryant beats Syracuse 73-72.

Walker has 18 pts/ 11 rebs
ejected during the Bryant-Syracuse game this afternoon were
— one Syracuse player
— three Bryant players
— three Syracuse assistant coaches
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Grasso is a jabroni.. but fuck Syracuse so lol
5 x
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

0 x
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

That’s not even a debate. Bryant by a billion.

I cheer for them now, want them to do well, they’re very talented and I enjoy watching them play.

Just don’t know if I like all the extra curricular stuff Grasso seems to always be involved in.
Bryant will probably be more likeable to me now that Peter Kiss is gone.
Bryant is in the America East this year, not next year, right? If so, they’ll probably be battling Vermont for the tournament berth.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Does anyone hire Grasso away from Bryant at the end of the season?

Imagine him in the buttoned up ACC? The elitist Big10?

He’d be perfect at UNLV, I think. Fit right in with the loan sharks out there. Is there a chance the job opens?
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Does anyone hire Grasso away from Bryant at the end of the season?

He’d be perfect at UNLV, I think. He’s be perfect with the loan sharks out there Is there a chance the job opens?
Yeah I think Grasso goes to a better conference

I watched that melee and looks like Edert made a classless slap of a guy who wasn’t looking , I would expect a few games suspension??
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The Syracuse guy slapped him first, FWIW.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Does anyone hire Grasso away from Bryant at the end of the season?

He’d be perfect at UNLV, I think. Fit right in with the loan sharks out there. Is there a chance the job opens?
I really hope he just stays at Bryant and cranks it at that school. He is such a hate-able guy, but it is entertaining. I think it goes away at a big school after he loses a few games and you lose a great coach villain.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Grasso’s got big used car salesman vibes. Plus these kind of things always seem to happen around his team.

Also Syracuse now isn’t the Syracuse of old.

That said Bryant is definitely good and will probably win their conference this year.

Still happy he’s not our coach.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

He could be the next coach of St Joe’s.
He isn’t building anything at Bryant; he will be out of there first chance he gets. First AD that is willing to deal with his baggage and general vibe.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Walker almost gave the game away. He had two technical fouls which gave Syracuse 4 free throws.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago He could be the next coach of St Joe’s.
He isn’t building anything at Bryant; he will be out of there first chance he gets. First AD that is willing to deal with his baggage and general vibe.
If Grasso wins the AEC their first year in the conference, bigger offers will come his way.

I think Vermont will be down this season and look for UMass/Lowell to be much improved.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

An asteroid
4 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I mean he’s built something at Bryant.

Takes a three win team and turns that into an NCAA tourney team, new arena and new conference.
1 x
Go Rhody
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Quinnipiac moves its record to 7-0 as they defeat Montana State, 70-53 at Laval tournament.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I see Grasso moving up from Bryant to an A10 type League definitely not P6 worthy
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I saw a Cuse charge, followed by kicking of a Bryant player, followed by a slap by a Cuse player of Ekert. Bryant got the worst of it by refs for retaliating, but they still won. I don't see where Grasso did anything wrong while Cuse assistants were not helpful and deserved to be tossed. URI players would have reacted similarly and have in the past. You are making Grasso out to be the bad guy here unfairly.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
BCRhody03
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BCRhody03 »

Boeheim doesn't seem to be much of a Grasso fan.

I know there was discussion on on this message board during the off-season about getting Bryant on the schedule. Looks like we dodged a bullet this year.

2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

BCRhody03 wrote: 1 year ago Boeheim doesn't seem to be much of a Grasso fan.

I know there was discussion on on this message board during the off-season about getting Bryant on the schedule. Looks like we dodged a bullet this year.

Lolol

Grasso is a dirty rat
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You can read about The game in several threads at Syracusefan.com which is their message board.

One fan observation at the end of the game:

I sit in the corner by the visiting bench on the first level. Here is what I saw. After they hit the winning shot, they were huddled up. The one walk on who was talking back and forth with the fans at the end of the bench after the fight (which sometimes looked good natured, at other times not so much) was gesturing to the coach and to someone in the tunnel. It looked like he was trying to communicate something to their coaches. Then he made a "come here" motion several times to someone in the tunnel. Then the player ran into the tunnel for a few seconds, and came back out to the bench. It looked like they were communicating "you guys are coming out, you earned this, too."
At this point I could see what looked like an assistant coach or trainer with two dudes in street clothes that looked like 2 of the 3 players that were ejected (Tyler Brelsford and Kvon Kramer). When the buzzer sounded they came out of the tunnel and over to the Bryant bench and celebration.
I watched the handshake line closer than usual because I suspected there might be fireworks. There was real bad energy in the building and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some incident with their fans after the game. It looked like Boeheim was having a heated conversation with one of the Bryant players and to my amateur lip-reading it looked like JB said "Why are you/he out here?" in response to seeing the ejected players. Then it looked like he approached their Coach and pointed at several Bryant players while looking visibly angry. It was clearly not a cordial chat and the two parted ways.
I gave the Bryant team and their fans a double-birded salute and headed home.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/jb-and- ... 649/page-5
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Syracuse assistants and some players deserve a suspension. Boeheim complaining about poor sportsmanship is a weak excuse. KMac is a Syracuse alum and fan whose opinions are riddled with his bias. This was a win for Bryant that will be noticed nationwide and I understand why ejected players would want to return and celebrate with their teammates for standing up to an effete bully.
3 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I saw a Cuse charge, followed by kicking of a Bryant player, followed by a slap by a Cuse player of Ekert. Bryant got the worst of it by refs for retaliating, but they still won. I don't see where Grasso did anything wrong while Cuse assistants were not helpful and deserved to be tossed. URI players would have reacted similarly and have in the past. You are making Grasso out to be the bad guy here unfairly.
That's seriously what you saw? A kick? And you missed Edert pushing the Syracuse player before the slap?

That was a standard basketball play until the Bryant player on the ground that took the charge lifted his leg to try and trip the Syracuse player as they were getting untangled. He keeps his leg down none of this happens. He lifts his leg, Syracuse player gets off balance and falls into Edert, Edert pushes the Syracuse player and away we go.

At a certain point, when you're the program and the coach that continually get into these type of situations you become the problem and can't blame anyone else except the person in the mirror. Start with Bryant players suspended the beginning of last year, then you have suspensions after an LIU game during the conference schedule, then you have the brawl that took place in their gym during the conference tournament, then you have last night. That's more than 99.9% of programs have in a decade and they've had it in 13 months. They clearly are a program and group of players that have taken on the personality of their douchebag coach.

We were already lucky to get Archie, but when you consider this clown might have been the backup option we really did dodge all of the bullets in this coaching carousel
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

BCRhody03 wrote: 1 year ago Boeheim doesn't seem to be much of a Grasso fan.

This from a guy who's been whining non-stop for 50 years.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

He IS building something at Bryant. The question is whether he recognizes that. If he stays, he can grab high quality players from the portal every year and give them a chance to win games. If I was the AD at Bryant I would be getting money ready to keep him. If he is offered similar money at St. Joes vs. Bryant, Bryant may actually be the better job for him. Ultimately some desperate P6 team will throw him a bag load of money but he should hold out for that.
3 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago
He IS building something at Bryant. The question is whether he recognizes that. If he stays, he can grab high quality players from the portal every year and give them a chance to win games. If I was the AD at Bryant I would be getting money ready to keep him. If he is offered similar money at St. Joes vs. Bryant, Bryant may actually be the better job for him. Ultimately some desperate P6 team will throw him a bag load of money but he should hold out for that.
Yeah. If he has another good year at Bryant, I think taking jobs like St. Joe's, GW, Duquesne - places with challenging arena situations or lack of administrative support - would be beneath him, even if I also get the "used car salesman" vibe off of him, like another poster said.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Leading most of the way, Brown takes a 70-63 decision over Maine, who had previously beaten Boston College.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Brown will be another tough opponent for us. We just aren’t good enough yet to count on a win against them. Have to work out the inconsistent play first but, we will get there eventually.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Saint Louis epically collapsing at Auburn

This league is a total dumpster fire
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

SLU doing their best impression of us missing freethrows and losing the lead
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago SLU doing their best impression of us missing freethrows and losing the lead
They are 1-11 from the line in the second half lololol
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Brutal.

Not ready for prime time league this year.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Moments like these help put in perspective how special some A10 teams have really been
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Hah, Duke got pummeled by Purdue.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Hofstra ends Quinnipiac's 7 game win streak with a 72-70 victory.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Seton Hall just lost to Siena. The NBE is not looking good this year.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I think the NET is going to be exposed this year. Villanova was NET 16 last year. They are 2-6 this year with wins over LaSalle and Delaware State. The NET comes out next month. They are 2-5. Their NET should be in the 300's.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

UCONN looks fucking good
0 x