TuneIn Radio

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

TuneIn Radio

Unread post by Martyf250 »

What's the deal with TuneIn? Apparently the games are no longer on B101? Have to pay for TuneIn to listen to the broadcasts?
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Re: TuneIn Radio

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Use Varsity instead. Still free.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Nothing on old time FM or AM for Rhody hoops. Varsity app only.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

The problem with Varsity is that after working well for the first game and the coaches shows(excluding the 1st half hour of the first show), it hasn’t worked for me.

It worked for the the first 10 minutes of game 2 for me and has been dead air since. And, I haven’t done anything differently.

Varsity has been frustrating so far.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago The problem with Varsity is that after working well for the first game and the coaches shows(excluding the 1st half hour of the first show), it hasn’t worked for me.

It worked for the the first 10 minutes of game 2 for me and has been dead air since. And, I haven’t done anything differently.

Varsity has been frustrating so far.
Agreed. It takes the worst aspects of ESPN+ and Flosports and makes them even worse.
1 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

I don’t understand why the school doesn’t broadcast the games on their radio station WRIU. I used to listen to the games on there late 90’s.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RIrugger01 wrote: 1 year ago I don’t understand why the school doesn’t broadcast the games on their radio station WRIU. I used to listen to the games on there late 90’s.
The students do a broadcast on RIU, at least for the home games. Not sure if you can pick it up over the internet or not
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I liked it best when you could get it on B101 and on the internet…options. I find that several times during the game the varsity steam will replay a section of the audio that you just heard. That is so annoying especially when you are trying to listen to the stream and watch the broadcast.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago I liked it best when you could get it on B101 and on the internet…options. I find that several times during the game the varsity steam will replay a section of the audio that you just heard. That is so annoying especially when you are trying to listen to the stream and watch the broadcast.
Yeah, the Varsity app is dumpster juice and has been all along. I've been having the same issues as you. Seems like you want to make sure that works 100% with no issues before you take your games off of radio
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
RIrugger01 wrote: 1 year ago I don’t understand why the school doesn’t broadcast the games on their radio station WRIU. I used to listen to the games on there late 90’s.
The students do a broadcast on RIU, at least for the home games. Not sure if you can pick it up over the internet or not
I tried listening to a home game last year on their website but it was just music playing. It said “listen live”. Maybe they only play music on the site
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm sure Archie will give Thorr an earful about this debacle. Pretty sad that we can't get a reliable live audio feed for our team's basketball games.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

There are an insufficient number of advertisers who want to buy time for something so few will listen to. Athletics doesn't have the money to guarantee the necessary advertising revenue - something they have done in the past. If this was a private business lenders would be calling in their loans and suppliers would be demanding cash on delivery.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Varsity giving me trouble now for the football game. Stuck on the ad. Hate this thing.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Varsity giving me trouble now for the football game. Stuck on the ad. Hate this thing.
Varsity is an embarrassment to URI. It is better to remove it from the web site and offer no audio than to lead supporters to frustration and appear incompetent.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I wouldn’t go that far and go scorched earth by ditching it. As far as for me, I have to plan for a back-up option now that I know it is not reliable at this time.

In the meantime, I would hope that Rhody and Varsity are urgently fixing the problem.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I wouldn’t go that far and go scorched earth by ditching it. As far as for me, I have to plan for a back-up option now that I know it is not reliable at this time.

In the meantime, I would hope that Rhody and Varsity are urgently fixing the problem.
It’s just behind Fix WI-FI on the list
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago I'm sure Archie will give Thorr an earful about this debacle. Pretty sad that we can't get a reliable live audio feed for our team's basketball games.
I'm sure Archie is paid to run the basketball program and win games. I don't think this is on his list.

It should be on your list. So let Thorr know about it.
1 x