11/7 | Quinnipiac | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: 11/7 | Quinnipiac | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I feel like you can build an elite defense around Tchikou. He was just jumping to block shots last game without any rhyme or reason. They could put complimentary pieces out there to help him at the guard spot and a guy to rebound whatever happens after he challenges the ball. Probably the most elite ability of anything we have seen from any of these guys. He is actually super tall and long arms with some talent for blocking/bothering shots. Our half court offense looks worse than last year but hey maybe somebody will emerge. The way Arch coaches them to push the ball I love. for years we have missed out on easier transition baskets because there was no emphasis on the break.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Ugly game. But anyway....Dan Yorke actually made me feel uncomfortable when he was screaming into his mic. He's got to understand we're not there to see him make an ass out of himself....cringe worthy.
If he wants to yell his ass off at the games just let him buy a ticket and join the rest of the fans in the stands who enjoy shouting (like myself). It is cringe to do so on his highly amped up microphone.
It's blatantly loud on TV too

"ISHMAAEELL LEGGETTTTEEAAAAHHHHHH"

They aren't professional wrestlers dude.
He is the WORST. If indeed it is a new era, get rid of him!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago

If he wants to yell his ass off at the games just let him buy a ticket and join the rest of the fans in the stands who enjoy shouting (like myself). It is cringe to do so on his highly amped up microphone.

Who is his boss?
Maybe he is being asked to do this? He was not this loud and he didn’t do this thing with the player names to this extent last year or in prior seasons. It’s much worse this year for whatever reason.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Regarding Yorke, raise your hand if you think he does a good job at the PA mic. Not me, I guess we are suck with him until……..I will give up banging on him, maybe he will dial it back a bit.
Go Rhody
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Regarding Yorke, raise your hand if you think he does a good job at the PA mic. Not me, I guess we are suck with him until……..I will give up banging on him, maybe he will dial it back a bit.
Go Rhody
Let his Boss, AD Thorr Bjorn, know how you feel.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

What? I mean I don't think he's the best and the volume is too loud - but you ever been to a Celtics game? Those big calls are part of the atmosphere.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Dan Yorke does not bother me. I barely notice during games honestly.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

What? I mean I don't think he's the best and the volume is too loud - but you ever been to a Celtics game? Those big calls are part of the atmosphere.
I have been to may Celtics and Bruins games...This guy is not that!!
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I'm kind of weirdly neutral on Yorke. Wouldn't miss him if he left, but also don't care if he stays. My only issue with him is his lack of situational awareness. I don't care how loud you get during the PC game or when the team is making a big run in front of a full house. But when someone makes a basket to cut the deficit to 10 with 2 minutes to go in front of a half-empty arena, maybe have the wherewithal to dial it back a little.
3 x