Coach’s Shows 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Coach’s Shows 2022-23

Unread post by reef »

I just tried to listen in varsity and I don’t see it
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

reef wrote: 1 year ago I just tried to listen in varsity and I don’t see it
Hopefully it will be posted in the near future.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Must there be such confusions with every roll-out. Also, this year you will need to wait two days to read about URI Basketball in the ProJo, College basketball headlines in today's ProJo talk about Cooley and Grasso, not Miller. Has URI become the #3 basketball program in RI? URI needs to get every game on local TV. Bryamt is about to eat URI's lunch. I am sick about what is going to happen. URI needs to be proactive.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Stone posted on Twitter that a replay will be available later today.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Must there be such confusions with every roll-out. Also, this year you will need to wait two days to read about URI Basketball in the ProJo, College basketball headlines in today's ProJo talk about Cooley and Grasso, not Miller. Has URI become the #3 basketball program in RI? URI needs to get every game on local TV. Bryamt is about to eat URI's lunch. I am sick about what is going to happen. URI needs to be proactive.
It’s a short moment in time for Bryant.
Grasso will be gone after this season.
They deserve the attention they are getting. Once we are winning again it all will get corrected.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Stone posted on Twitter that a replay will be available later today.
Thx! Sure hope so.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Replay should be here at some point:
https://rhody.leanplayer.com/past-events-mobile
The Coach's Show that occurred last night was uploaded to this link. It is now available on demand. It does seem however that some of the Archie miller interview was missed due to those internet issues mentioned prior.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

sevegny7 wrote: 1 year ago
CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Replay should be here at some point:
https://rhody.leanplayer.com/past-events-mobile
The Coach's Show that occurred last night was uploaded to this link. It is now available on demand. It does seem however that some of the Archie miller interview was missed due to those internet issues mentioned prior.
Oh give me a f##king break. First they miss a chance to generate excitement with a Midnight Madness type event. Then they can't even get the first goddamn public coach interview to work.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just clicked on the coaches show link and nothing appears
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Must there be such confusions with every roll-out. Also, this year you will need to wait two days to read about URI Basketball in the ProJo, College basketball headlines in today's ProJo talk about Cooley and Grasso, not Miller. Has URI become the #3 basketball program in RI? URI needs to get every game on local TV. Bryamt is about to eat URI's lunch. I am sick about what is going to happen. URI needs to be proactive.
Imagine if they extended Cox like you wanted?
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Just listened to Archie’s interview on the show last night. Wow. Really impressed. Looking forward to watching this team develop. GoRhody!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
It’s a short moment in time for Bryant.
Grasso will be gone after this season.
They deserve the attention they are getting. Once we are winning again it all will get corrected.
ProJo today covers URI and Brown. Nothing new. No players mentioned for URI. Mostly about Miller and his past.
Would be nice to have write ups about each school vs combining PC and Bryant yesterday and then URI and Brown today.

What I’d give to go back to College Basketball fever in New England in the 70’s and 80’s. Those days are long gone.
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
Adam, thank you very much for the link to The Coach’s Show. I finally got to listen to Archie’s interview portion that I missed on the Varsity Network. Very much worth the time investment.

Some real excellent insight on the players, the Gold Jersey, the A10 and people involved in the program from coach. And, prayers out to the young man who lost his mom to cancer recently (sorry but his name now slips my mind. My memory isn’t as good as it used to be).

Man, am I grateful to have Archie as our head coach.
4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Archie’s comments about not wanting to beg fans to come and instead playing good basketball people want to watch was my favorite part. Put out a good product and everything else takes care of itself
5 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

0 x
Common sense is not common.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago
Should be very interesting.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Yes, I would expect he stays true to form and deliver a similar explanation of the Q game and the challenges going forward with this roster. And hopefully some scouting items n the opponent and match ups. And maybe some comments on getting Freeman and Weston going, injury report of Weston’s status.
Last edited by section(105) 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Does anyone know if this Varsity App will archive the shows so they can be listened to later? I don't mind listening to the show on an app on my phone but I will miss I Heart Radio/Tune in if they don't allow us to access an archive. Anyone on twitter want to tweet at Stone or Thor?
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodylocal wrote: 1 year ago Does anyone know if this Varsity App will archive the shows so they can be listened to later? I don't mind listening to the show on an app on my phone but I will miss I Heart Radio/Tune in if they don't allow us to access an archive. Anyone on twitter want to tweet at Stone or Thor?
Yes. Very simple. All shows can be replayed for MBB, WBB, Football, etc
35A8A99B-73F1-49D0-8AF2-3157B2DEE3B0.png
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Right now when you go on the App it doesn't appear anything is archived yet. Not sure if that will change or if because they are new they just don't have anything to archive at this point. It did work pretty flawlessly for me to plug into my car and listen to on the ride home.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Love hearing Archie talk URI hoops, expectations, personnel, growth, building…….
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Sounds to me that Steve upped his game for this show.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Not working for me.
0 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Ahhh crap I need to write these dates in my calendar. I am right down the street from TW and would have loved to go.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Tonight at 8pm Jeff Goodman for Field of 68 has a interview with Archie Miller

Check it out here.

6 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Thanks, Sevegny. I am definitely going to give it a listen.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Excellent interview with insight into Archie’s time away from coaching. Grateful to Goodman that he was in favor of Archie taking the job here. Can’t wait until we are tourney bound!

Thanks again for posting the link, Sevegny.
5 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Excellent interview with insight into Archie’s time away from coaching. Grateful to Goodman that he was in favor of Archie taking the job here. Can’t wait until we are tourney bound!

Before Archie was hired, Goodman said Archie could do better than us and that he didn’t think he’d come here.

Seems to be backtracking those comments a tad now saying he was in favor of Archie coming to Kingston.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Definitely a good relationship with Arch and Goodman , that only helps the publicity
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Excellent interview with insight into Archie’s time away from coaching. Grateful to Goodman that he was in favor of Archie taking the job here. Can’t wait until we are tourney bound!

Before Archie was hired, Goodman said Archie could do better than us and that he didn’t think he’d come here.

Seems to be backtracking those comments a tad now saying he was in favor of Archie coming to Kingston.
Maybe he was employing disinformation in an effort to assist Archie’s negotiating leverage with Thorr? Very stealthy. :lol:

But seriously, I didn’t hear that before,15. That would be a head scratcher for me, if true.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

If Goodman was lying to Archie's face the multiple times they talked about it I'd think Archie would have said something by now. If I had to guess, when they were going over the jobs last year Goodman and Sean Miller were telling Archie we would be a good fit for him and when he was reluctant at first Goodman started reporting that he didn't think Archie would come here
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think it’s possible that all things being equal Goodman was right but we stepped up and Thorr hit a home run in his presentation and the job he ended up offering Archie was appreciably better than what they would have otherwise anticipated.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago I think it’s possible that all things being equal Goodman was right but we stepped up and Thorr hit a home run in his presentation and the job he ended up offering Archie was appreciably better than what they would have otherwise anticipated.
I agree, and also, Goodman likely had some thoughts about Archie being fired at Indiana. As his friend, he might have been a bit biased about Archie deserving something at a higher level rather than having to go back to a conference in which he has already had success. However it all went down, Archie and URI both needed each other, and it’s a great match, imo.
4 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I thought it interesting that Archie said if the Rhody job hadn’t been offered he would have taken another year off.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago I thought it interesting that Archie said if the Rhody job hadn’t been offered he would have taken another year off.
I thought that was interesting myself, but I think really that's more him saying he wasn't going to come back for a random job it had to be a really good fit to make it worth his while coaching this year, and if he didn't get the right fit then he was fine waiting longer. I don't envy him living 2000+ miles away from his wife and high school senior daughter. As hard as coaching can already be for the coaches and their families, that's especially rough
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just listened very good interview , towards the end Goodman said him and Sean thought URI would be the perfect place for Arch
3 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

When’s the next show?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago When’s the next show?
Sked for 11/30 at Mews, I assume Jr Varsity app only.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
What did this tweet say? I think it ended up getting deleted.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

It was an ad for tonight's coach's show
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Link to last night's episode: https://t.co/T7XI3L4zGl
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago Link to last night's episode: https://t.co/T7XI3L4zGl
How does this work? I see a bunch of programs listed but no functioning hyperlinks.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago Link to last night's episode: https://t.co/T7XI3L4zGl
How does this work? I see a bunch of programs listed but no functioning hyperlinks.
On the bottom left, it says "play past events" click that.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1st 44 seconds silence but a low level static
Then til 3:30 ads
Then Steve Mac and whole thing ended at 4 minutes 4 seconds
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

1st 44 seconds silence but a low level static
Then til 3:30 ads
Then Steve Mac and whole thing ended at 4 minutes 4 seconds
Played it again, same thing.

Got about 30 seconds of Steve talking about Joe Form being there at the Mews and Jerry dressed in suits. Then it just cuts off
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Seems to work both on my laptop and iPhone.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’ll try it again later tonight
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »