'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Hey man, you brought up Jalen Carey as a dud. The point was Archie saw the same thing David Cox did. Does David Cox get credit for recruiting Jeff Dowtin?

Yes, there are misses and gets on the recruiting trail. Archie had the advantage of the Indiana name and budget. If Archie's players were so good at IU, why was he let go? Did he coach poorly there?
I can bring up examples of great recruits that Archie landed, and then you can bring up the ones that didnt' work out, and we will end up talking in circles. I think Ant Harris is a loss, and I think Archie Miller is a better recruiter and coach than David Cox. You guys don't and that's fine. I'm moving on.
Can you find me one post where I said that David Cox is superior to Archie Miller in anything?? I mean seriously, stop making crap up.

1. Archie Miller is better at coaching basketball than David Cox...in all facets of the game. That doesn't make him (or Dan Hurley) the next John Wooden or Coach K. Archie has weaknesses too.
2. And that also doesn't mean you have to crap on David Cox. No, he wasn't a good head coach. He wasn't the worst coach in the history of basketball either.
3. As I've said, he was justifiably hired and justifiably fired after 4 years, which is the right amount of time to give a coach. (Barring something disastrous like the 2 seasons of Jerry D.)
4. So move on and stop looking in the rear view mirror.
I'm not going back and forth about this again. I agree with most of the things you say here, except for number 4. I'll continue to talk about Cox and any player or coach if I feel it's relevant to the conversation.

I have questions for 15 and Jersey since they agree about everything here. Do you believe Ant Harris is worse than Ish, Bassy, and Carey?

If you don't, he should be considered a loss.

If you do, we better hope Cam and Connor are ready because we aren't going anywhere with one top guard in Bray. I think Archie will help Ish and Carey have better years, but I believe the guys that Archie brings in will lead this team back to the top of the A10. Not Cox's players. Don't forget how hard it was for Fatts during his final season here, needing to do everything on his own in the backcourt.

As Ramster said, this team finished near the bottom of the A10 in back-to-back seasons, and guard play is arguably the most important thing to be a top A10 team and land a bid. Our biggest issue in the last few seasons was a lack of star power and a mix of average A10 pieces.

I suggest rewatching Scott Brands' interview with Houston Wilson about Ant Harris. This guy has watched Ant Harris every step of the way and knows his game better than anyone. I trust his opinion that Ant could be an All-A10 guard.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I can bring up examples of great recruits that Archie landed, and then you can bring up the ones that didnt' work out, and we will end up talking in circles. I think Ant Harris is a loss, and I think Archie Miller is a better recruiter and coach than David Cox. You guys don't and that's fine. I'm moving on.
Can you find me one post where I said that David Cox is superior to Archie Miller in anything?? I mean seriously, stop making crap up.

1. Archie Miller is better at coaching basketball than David Cox...in all facets of the game. That doesn't make him (or Dan Hurley) the next John Wooden or Coach K. Archie has weaknesses too.
2. And that also doesn't mean you have to crap on David Cox. No, he wasn't a good head coach. He wasn't the worst coach in the history of basketball either.
3. As I've said, he was justifiably hired and justifiably fired after 4 years, which is the right amount of time to give a coach. (Barring something disastrous like the 2 seasons of Jerry D.)
I'm not going back and forth about this again. I agree with most of the things you say here, except for number 4. I'll continue to talk about Cox and any player or coach if I feel it's relevant to the conversation.

I have questions for 15 and Jersey since they agree about everything here. Do you believe Ant Harris is worse than Ish, Bassy, and Carey?

If you do, we better hope Cam and Connor are ready because we aren't going anywhere with one top guard in Bray. I think Archie will help Ish and Carey have better years, but I believe the guys that Archie brings in will lead this team back to the top of the A10. Not Cox's players. Don't forget how hard it was for Fatts during his final season here, needing to do everything on his own in the backcourt.

As Ramster said, this team finished near the bottom of the A10 in back-to-back seasons, and guard play is arguably the most important thing to be a top A10 team and land a bid. Our biggest issue in the last few seasons was a lack of star power and a mix of average A10 pieces.

I suggest rewatching Scott Brands' interview with Houston Wilson about Ant Harris. This guy has watched Ant Harris every step of the way and knows his game better than anyone. I trust his opinion that Ant could be an All-A10 guard.
Stevey not sure with what all I agree with. I do think Ant may have more talent and upside than those you mentioned in our backcourt. But all that means nothing if he is not here contributing. I will take Ish, Bassy, and Carey all day being available than Ant whose status is anyone’s guess. Yes, he would be a great addition and I hope he eventually comes, but not holding my breath at this point.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Does anybody know where Ant is attending school?
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

For what it's worth, Harris is no longer on the GoRhody roster. Makes sense if he's not enrolled in the school.

https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... ath=mbball
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Shocker (said no one)

Where are all the guys calling those who saw the writing on the wall weeks ago chicken littles? I hope Ant eventually suits up for Rhody but given what we know and how this stuff works I sorta doubt that ever happens.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

My last words on this thread. Anthony Harris will unfortunately never wear a URI uniform. Its too bad but we must move on!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Shocker (said no one)

Where are all the guys calling those who saw the writing on the wall weeks ago chicken littles? I hope Ant eventually suits up for Rhody but given what we know and how this stuff works I sorta doubt that ever happens.
I’m certainly one who wanted to wait to hear direct from the Coaching Staff.
I also felt Harris would be our most talented player, at worst one of our best. Disagreed with those who don’t see him starting 5 material.
Some felt his knee problems and not playing since January made him a non-starter here

So big differences among posters here on Harris. Some see this a big loss, others saying it’s not and they knew all along that it was doubtful Harris would play.

Those who foresee Leggett, Martin, Carey with high potential and Samb starting with Braymon are looking better.

I was way off thinking the high caliber of players that would transfer in and high potential freshmen coming in Year 1 would happen. I was too optimistic, losing Harris was big imho. Looking forward to 2023-24 transfers and freshmen.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good thread on UNC board on Harris

Unfortunately it’s a lose-lose for URI and Harris

Im more with the UNC posters of why not let him play. You are paying guys to play now, they are only staying a year or two

My guess is Harris ends up playing at another D1 School but who really knows. I’d de-emphasize the academics in this new pay for play environment. Many of these players did not receive the same academic focus and structure from Kindergarten on up depending on where they were born and raised. It’s much tougher for some to handle the rigors of college scholastics - so don’t penalize them, just pay them if you want and let them play.

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 66/?page=4
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

I also felt Harris would be our most talented player, at worst one of our best. Disagreed with those who don’t see him starting 5 material.
Some felt his knee problems and not playing since January made him a non-starter here

So big differences among posters here on Harris. Some see this a big loss, others saying it’s not and they knew all along that it was doubtful Harris would play.

Those who foresee Leggett, Martin, Carey with high potential and Samb starting with Braymon are looking better.

I was way off thinking the high caliber of players that would transfer in and high potential freshmen coming in Year 1 would happen. I was too optimistic, losing Harris was big imho. Looking forward to 2023-24 transfers and freshmen.
I agree that Harris is a loss but I think you're completely underestimating the players Archie has brought in. This is a great mix of players with a ton of upside with or without Harris. We are going to be very good in a year or two.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I agree that Harris is a loss but I think you're completely underestimating the players Archie has brought in. This is a great mix of players with a ton of upside with or without Harris. We are going to be very good in a year or two.
I’m with ya Stevey, my starting 5 had no returnees in it, can’t get much more faith in the incoming guys that that, right?

1. Weston - excellent talent from transfer Seton Hall
2. Harris - very good pick up from transfer North Carolina Martin
3. Freeman - all A10 rookie team at GW - nice transfer
4. Foumena - played well at National Prep Invitational in Providence in February. Rim protector, rebounder, scorer
5. Stewart - great physical size, good shooter, good rebounder. Played well at National Prep Invitational in Providence in February

6th- Martin - played as well as anybody on team last year especially later half of season. Leader, hard worker. Could start with Stewart off bench but Martin would be a great 6th man next season. Players look up to him and his team first attitude. Great role model for Archie Miller.

7th- Leggett
8th- Thomas
9th- Carey
10th- Binau
11th - Hutchinson
12th- Samb

So I’ll move Martin into Harris’ starting spot

Point is Stevey, if I see a starting line up including Freeman, Carey, Leggett, Martin and Samb as several posters have suggested could be starters I’ll have a tough time going to Cayman Islands.

I want to see new players, not last years team.

I’ll be watching the 1st 3 games vs Quinnipiac, Texas State and Stony Brook to see where this team is headed and whose getting minutes. More of a Missouri “show me” attitude after these past 4 dismal years than to listen to media and coaches.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Good thread on UNC board on Harris

Unfortunately it’s a lose-lose for URI and Harris

Im more with the UNC posters of why not let him play. You are paying guys to play now, they are only staying a year or two

My guess is Harris ends up playing at another D1 School but who really knows. I’d de-emphasize the academics in this new pay for play environment. Many of these players did not receive the same academic focus and structure from Kindergarten on up depending on where they were born and raised. It’s much tougher for some to handle the rigors of college scholastics - so don’t penalize them, just pay them if you want and let them play.

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 66/?page=4
Okay so you feel no more student athletes, they should just be considered university employees or mercenaries.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Hes not MJ and has a history of injuries, hell, even Shaq got his degree. He'll play a few years overseas then retire by late 30's then what? I'm on team academics for *student-athletes.
1 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I’m with ya Stevey, my starting 5 had no returnees in it, can’t get much more faith in the incoming guys that that, right?

1. Weston - excellent talent from transfer Seton Hall
2. Harris - very good pick up from transfer North Carolina Martin
3. Freeman - all A10 rookie team at GW - nice transfer
4. Foumena - played well at National Prep Invitational in Providence in February. Rim protector, rebounder, scorer
5. Stewart - great physical size, good shooter, good rebounder. Played well at National Prep Invitational in Providence in February

6th- Martin - played as well as anybody on team last year especially later half of season. Leader, hard worker. Could start with Stewart off bench but Martin would be a great 6th man next season. Players look up to him and his team first attitude. Great role model for Archie Miller.

7th- Leggett
8th- Thomas
9th- Carey
10th- Binau
11th - Hutchinson
12th- Samb

So I’ll move Martin into Harris’ starting spot

Point is Stevey, if I see a starting line up including Freeman, Carey, Leggett, Martin and Samb as several posters have suggested could be starters I’ll have a tough time going to Cayman Islands.

I want to see new players, not last years team.

I’ll be watching the 1st 3 games vs Quinnipiac, Texas State and Stony Brook to see where this team is headed and whose getting minutes. More of a Missouri “show me” attitude after these past 4 dismal years than to listen to media and coaches.
But the old players will be coached by a guy who has a clue, a guy who will better develop the old players and put them in better situations to succeed. Not by a guy who played favorites, had a rigid rotation plan, who misused timeouts and was outcoached almost every time he was on the sidelines.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Two diff things. I’m simply referring to folks who thought Ant’s absence from any summer workouts was a red flag. And were met with resistance for simply stating reality.

In terms of his impact. I think Ant did have the skill, size and pedigree to be an impact player in our league. But like most transfers he came with baggage and how much of his potential would be realized was always TBD. So I don’t think losing him is a major blow to our potential this season bc with him or without him a .500ish record is what I believe is a reasonable expectation. I personally wouldn’t change my view on the season based on him being here or not. This isn’t like losing EC Matthews and immediately expectations have to drop a rung. I don’t have huge expectations for this year beyond seeing a team with an identity that plays hard and improves as the year progresses. With some newcomers showing long term potential in the process.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Wow Ramster, best player, maybe at some point, but I didn't think immediately.

Yes, I feel would have been a great addition and an impact player.

But as you know, I didn't predict him to start from day 1.
After not playing since early Jan. and missing all of summer practices. I thought it would take him some time to fit in.

Not sure how much Archie plays him even if he is here for 2nd semester.
Lot depends on how our backcourt is doing.
Also his conditioning may be an issue, not having played, plus meshing with the teammates and learning the system.

We all have our own opinions, and it seems like we are beating this subject to death.
We are picked 10th in A10 preseason. Maybe worse now without Harris. We need talent like Harris in our starters. Quality, not quantity.
Harris was the last player I wanted to lose.
For me Ramster it is Bray.
He comes with no baggage, also a few years younger than Ant.

He has proven himself as a major impact player in the A10, in his first year
He can play both PG and CG.

Again, there have been red flags regarding Ant's academics for a while, (along with his injury history) so I tempered my hopes about him.
Freeman averaged 12ppg in A10 on a 12-18 team. 44% FG and 64% FT. Our guards left a lot to be desired last season so hopefully you are right on your assessment. Not sure our guards can possibly be worse that Sheppard, El-Amin and Leggett - last years starters. No place to go but up I’d think. Still view Harris as a significant loss
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just reading those three names above gave me the chills.

Good god those guards were awful.
1 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

We are picked 10th in A10 preseason. Maybe worse now without Harris. We need talent like Harris in our starters. Quality, not quantity.
Harris was the last player I wanted to lose.
For me Ramster it is Bray.
He comes with no baggage, also a few years younger than Ant.

He has proven himself as a major impact player in the A10, in his first year
He can play both PG and CG.

Again, there have been red flags regarding Ant's academics for a while, (along with his injury history) so I tempered my hopes about him.
Freeman averaged 12ppg in A10 on a 12-18 team. 44% FG and 64% FT. Our guards left a lot to be desired last season so hopefully you are right on your assessment. Not sure our guards can possibly be worse that Sheppard, El-Amin and Leggett - last years starters. No place to go but up I’d think. Still view Harris as a significant loss
I would be shocked if Harris ever played a game at URI at this point. This is no doubt a terrible loss for the program as we don’t get someone with his talent often. I do think Bray could end up being as good though because he seems like he will continue to improve yearly
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Stevey not sure with what all I agree with. I do think Ant may have more talent and upside than those you mentioned in our backcourt. But all that means nothing if he is not here contributing. I will take Ish, Bassy, and Carey all day being available than Ant whose status is anyone’s guess. Yes, he would be a great addition and I hope he eventually comes, but not holding my breath at this point.
To echo this, the greatest ability a player can have is availability. Everything else about this Anthony Harris is “if ifs and buts were candy and nuts”
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

To echo this, the greatest ability a player can have is availability. Everything else about this Anthony Harris is “if ifs and buts were candy and nuts”
Availability, huh, have you guys mentioned this to the new Coaching staff?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramster, your starting lineup is so far off. How many of your starting five have you watched play a complete game?

0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramster feeling for the challenges of college courses for Ant. I heard from a pretty good source that he didn’t go to his classes in the Spring semester.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster feeling for the challenges of college courses for Ant. I heard from a pretty good source that he didn’t go to his classes in the Spring semester.
I mean, he didn't go to college to "play school" and UNC has a....questionable...history with academics
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, your starting lineup is so far off. How many of your starting five have you watched play a complete game?

What was your predicted starting 5 Rhody83? Don’t recall you putting one out there

And the actual starting 5 have not taken the court yet
Rothstein is not the final say by any means, the actual 5 on November 7th are
And ultimately I’m more interested in the starting 5 for A10 play as well as the starting 5 for the A10 Tournament - but that’s what the poster who started this thread requested.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, your starting lineup is so far off. How many of your starting five have you watched play a complete game?

Well I’ve certainly seen Leggett, Carey and Martin play complete games. If those 3 start plus Samb from last season as some suggest I’d be hard pressed to believe we will draw many additional fans to the Ryan Center. Fans want to see new players and especially so when we have just finished lackluster consecutive 10 place years. Miller May start the season with 3 carryovers from last season (Carey and Martin didn’t start and some posters were calling Leggett a D2 player at the end of last season) but I doubt that Rothstein starting lineup is still in place for the A10 Tournament in March

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I now respectfully submit this thread as dumbest in Keaney Blue history.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There’s a lot of competition
4 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Agreed! I seem to remember someone saying Jonathan Cruz should start at PG. Bam Harmon being a savior. People comparing Hurley to Baron after year 1. People challenging others to games of 1 on 1 at Mackel fieldhouse. And any sort of political thread/mask debate is an instant ignore.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago Agreed! I seem to remember someone saying Jonathan Cruz should start at PG. Bam Harmon being a savior. People comparing Hurley to Baron after year 1. People challenging others to games of 1 on 1 at Mackel fieldhouse. And any sort of political thread/mask debate is an instant ignore.
And you can add them all up together and they still won’t equal JimBaron2.0
That thread turned out to be so embaronsing that it got locked up quickly after Hurley proved 95% of the posts wrong.

There were also some posts in Jeff Dowtin’s Freshman year that said Jeff wasn’t a Point Guard

Betrand being the best player on the team has to rank up there too

The battle for worst KB ever has to JimBaron2.0, that’s literally Locked Up, the battle is for 2nd place
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Almanac's take on Ant Harris..

"North Carolina transfer Anthony Harris came within three points of taking home a national championship
ring in New Orleans last April. He’s a former top-75 recruit who never found a solid footing with the Tar
Heels due to a myriad of injuries. His health and academics are in question for the season, but whether he
sees the floor this year or next, he’ll be among the best shooters in the conference."
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Anyone know what Juco he is attending?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Wouldn't be a great surprise.

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Wouldn't be a great surprise.

I agree, but what's the Vault's reasoning for believing this and what is his source?
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

I agree, but what's the Vault's reasoning for believing this and what is his source?
Vault has given us plenty of reasons to doubt his “scoops”, but this one seems likely.

There hasn’t been a peep about Ant, no sign of him on campus, no optimism from the coaching staff. Is what it is
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Vault has given us plenty of reasons to doubt his “scoops”, but this one seems likely.

There hasn’t been a peep about Ant, no sign of him on campus, no optimism from the coaching staff. Is what it is
Kind of hard to tell if this is a "proper" scoop, then, or if he's just reading into the most likely scenario. Like, once a player starts having academic issues at a school or with transferring to a school, you're safer betting on the "won't play for them" side than "will be a second semester contributor" side. Whether we're talking Leroy Butts or guys during the Baron regime, most players usually surface at an entirely new school.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Kind of hard to tell if this is a "proper" scoop, then, or if he's just reading into the most likely scenario. Like, once a player starts having academic issues at a school or with transferring to a school, you're safer betting on the "won't play for them" side than "will be a second semester contributor" side. Whether we're talking Leroy Butts or guys during the Baron regime, most players usually surface at an entirely new school.
Definitely could be the case. That being said, people don’t often list their sources on twitter while “breaking news”. I get why we have reasons to doubt Vault, but he’s not going to say where his info is coming from, no one does
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Vault has a good relationship with players and players' parents. Any info is likely coming from them. I don't think anyone from the coaching staff is providing him with details. But he's right. I don't think Ant is coming. I'm moving on..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I asked Morey to inquire about Ant and he did. That's great news!
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Lets GO!
1 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I just hope Ant follows through on his academic responsibility.
Would hate to see his basketball talent be wasted.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

BTW, didn't 'The Vault' just say that's it's very unlikely that Ant is coming here? Asking for a friend...
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Yeah but ever since the Tre Mitchell debacle, I see vaults “reports”as things that are 25% true
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

That's a promising update. Of course their plan was for him to be here first semester to so not out of the woods yet but hoping for the best.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Ya, until Ant is on campus, I still have doubts. If he comes, that would be a huge win for this team. He would instantly be our 2nd best guard
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Doubts ???
Noooo to doubts !

BUCKLE Up !
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Ya, until Ant is on campus, I still have doubts. If he comes, that would be a huge win for this team. He would instantly be our 2nd best guard
Raw skill set wise? Sure you could argue that.

But he hasn’t played organized basketball in a full year, and has no reps with our team. Will be interesting how soon he gets thrust into action if he makes it here. Likely just a factor of how the team is doing
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

We don't even know for sure if Ant will be here for next semester.
That's just what the current plan is, he still needs to qualify.

Also, even if he does, he needs to stay eligible and keep up with his academics.
That has been an issue for him at UNC.

No denying his talent and maybe at some point here he can be an All-A10 caliber player.
But let's just pump the brakes a little on his immediate impact here this season.

In his 3 years at UNC he only played a total of 35 games averaging 11 minutes with modest production.
In addition, he had injury issues with several knee surgeries.
Being injury prone could be a reason for concern.

Aside from all that he would be coming in mid-year without ever practicing with the team.
Having not played a game in a full year, it will take him time to get up to speed.
Conditioning early on will be an issue for him.
Plus, meshing with his teammates and learning Archie's system.

Archie even mentioned (in the podcast) that Weston will be a much better player in January than in November.
I can see a much-improved Carey this season (who was a higher ranked recruit than Ant).

Yes, I think Ant will be very good at some point, but he isn't going to immediately set the world on fire.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Ya, until Ant is on campus, I still have doubts. If he comes, that would be a huge win for this team. He would instantly be our 2nd best guard
Stevey,
Am I to assume you think our best guard is Freeman? not Weston?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Stevey,
Am I to assume you think our best guard is Freeman? not Weston?
Bray is the best guard by a mile. I don't view Weston as a guard. I view him as a wing.... Especially after seeing him play at the scrimmage.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING