2022 Football Game 1 - URI at Stony Brook, Thurs. Sept. 1, 7 p.m.

All things Rhody Rams football.
ramster
Frank Keaney

2022 Football Game 1 - URI at Stony Brook, Thurs. Sept. 1, 7 p.m.

Unread post by ramster »

Stony Brook finished (4-4) in CAA and (5-6) Overall in 2021

Thursday Night Game to kick off the URI Football Season
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: GM 1 Football @ Stony Brook Time 7pm Thursday Sept 1 2022

Unread post by ramster »

2nd biggest crowd ever for a Stony Brook Home Game was vs URI with 12,701. October 20, 2018. They beat us badly 52-14.

This will be the first game of the season on a Thursday night!
9B41284D-AB99-4F8F-BE52-88F4467191E9.png
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago 2nd biggest crowd ever for a Stony Brook Home Game was vs URI with 12,701. October 20, 2018. They beat us badly 52-14.

This will be the first game of the season on a Thursday night!

9B41284D-AB99-4F8F-BE52-88F4467191E9.png
That was their Homecoming and they absolutely rolled us! JaJuan Lawson got hurt in the Harvard game, we rolled Brown the week after, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Maine at our Homecoming, and then the wheels fell off against Stony Brook.

Stony Brook has absolutely had our number since we started playing them in 2013. We were 0-7 against them before our OT win at home last year. Probably need to win this one if we want to go to the playoffs though
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Teams in Stats Rankings URI will play highlighted in red. Delaware is the highest ranked FCS Team we will face.

STATS PERFORM FCS PRESEASON TOP 25
1. North Dakota State (52) - 1,348
2. South Dakota State (2) - 1,285
3. Montana - 1,218
4. Montana State - 1,203
5. Missouri State - 1,066
6. Villanova - 997
7. Sacramento State - 991
8. Kennesaw State - 959
9. Southern Illinois - 915
10. Stephen F. Austin - 813
11. ETSU - 750
12. Chattanooga - 562
13. Eastern Washington - 538
14. UIW - 533
15. Jackson State - 515
16. Holy Cross - 503
17. Southeastern Louisiana - 440
18. UT Martin - 404
19. Delaware - 401
20. Weber State - 391
21. Northern Iowa - 289
22. Rhode Island - 242
23. Mercer - 215
24. Richmond - 166
25. UC Davis - 153

Others Receiving Votes (schools listed on two or more ballots): South Dakota (7-5, 5-3 Missouri Valley) 151, Eastern Kentucky (7-4, 4-2 ASUN-WAC) 129, Florida A&M (9-3, 7-1 SWAC) 78, William & Mary (6-5, 4-4 CAA) 66, Dartmouth (9-1, 6-1 Ivy) 59, Monmouth (7-4, 6-1 Big South) 23, Harvard (8-2, 5-2 Ivy) 19, Princeton (9-1, 6-1 Ivy) 18, Central Arkansas (5-6, 3-3 ASUN-WAC) 14, Furman (6-5, 4-4 Southern) 14, South Carolina State (7-5, 5-0 MEAC) 13, Sacred Heart (8-4, 6-1 Northeast) 12, Elon (6-5, 5-3 CAA) 8, North Carolina A&T (5-6, 3-4 Big South) 4
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Idk where to post this and I don’t want to start a new thread so forgive me.

URI Football was #5 on SportsCenter Top 10 last night. Anyone got a link to the play?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Opening week. Will any other KB'ers be making the trek to LI?
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Flem will pass Tim Stowers this year in games coached at URI. Stowers continues to pound the ball, now at a CC in Mississippi.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I assume ESPN+ will have the tv?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Rhodysk wrote: 1 year ago I assume ESPN+ will have the tv?
FloSports
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodysk wrote: 1 year ago I assume ESPN+ will have the tv?
FloSports
Correct, FloSports handles all CAA Games
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I always forget about flosports thanks
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodysk wrote: 1 year ago I always forget about flosports thanks
I wish the CAA and other conferences could forget it like you
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Can't stand this Flosports but I guess thats FCS football. Way too many streaming services now.
0 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

What's the status of Brown. I don't think he played in either scrimmage. Surprisingly the offense worries me. Hill has not been sharp and the running game just ok. Just scrimmages but....
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI +2.5 points is the line I’ve seen tonight
0 x
Rhody123
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody123 »

Anyone know if any bars or restaurants near campus will be showing the game live?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago What's the status of Brown. I don't think he played in either scrimmage. Surprisingly the offense worries me. Hill has not been sharp and the running game just ok. Just scrimmages but....
Appreciate the observations. It seems like the WR core has a few new faces that maybe he is working on chemistry with. Savedge (Old Dominion) and Summers (St. Francis) are both listed as starters with Deshields (St. Francis) as a back up running back.

Brown isn't listed on the 2 deep, but is still on the roster. Smith is listed as the starter with the aforementioned Deshields or Gabe Sloat listed as back ups. Wonder if Brown will be dressed or play at all this season.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago What's the status of Brown. I don't think he played in either scrimmage. Surprisingly the offense worries me. Hill has not been sharp and the running game just ok. Just scrimmages but....
Appreciate the observations. It seems like the WR core has a few new faces that maybe he is working on chemistry with. Savedge (Old Dominion) and Summers (St. Francis) are both listed as starters with Deshields (St. Francis) as a back up running back.

Brown isn't listed on the 2 deep, but is still on the roster. Smith is listed as the starter with the aforementioned Deshields or Gabe Sloat listed as back ups. Wonder if Brown will be dressed or play at all this season.
Bos,
Where are you seeing the depth chart?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Bos,
In the game notes off Gorhody.

https://gorhody.com/documents/2022/8/26 ... Opener.pdf
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos,
In the game notes off Gorhody.

https://gorhody.com/documents/2022/8/26 ... Opener.pdf
Oh thanks.
I wonder if we go with two tight ends at times. We have some talented tight ends. I think Brady Roark gets some time in tonight’s game

The depth chart makes sense to me. Strong offensive line. Will be interesting to see how our offensive line handles Stony Brooks defensive line. Hope we push them around big time
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Oh thanks.
I wonder if we go with two tight ends at times. We have some talented tight ends. I think Brady gets some time in tonight’s game
We certainly could. I will say, at least on paper we appear to be pretty deep at the WR position. Veterans like Paul Woods, Ed Lee have made solid contributions. Erby has battled back from an injury, and along with Mensah bring some experience. I am going to make an assumption that the new comers in Summers and Savedge are expected to contribute being atop the depth chart. Even further down the depth chart Jig Williams was a three star and Ellis has some impressive press clippings as well.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ty Son Lawton, Phil Steele preseason FCS all American and 2021 CAA leading rusher, is the key to their offense. In 2019 he ran for 88 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries against us and last year he went off for 154 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries. Can Westley Neal clog up the line and let the other defenders make enough plays to slow Lawton down and make Stony Brook try to beat us another way?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Oh thanks.
I wonder if we go with two tight ends at times. We have some talented tight ends. I think Brady gets some time in tonight’s game
We certainly could. I will say, at least on paper we appear to be pretty deep at the WR position. Veterans like Paul Woods, Ed Lee have made solid contributions. Erby has battled back from an injury, and along with Mensah bring some experience. I am going to make an assumption that the new comers in Summers and Savedge are expected to contribute being atop the depth chart. Even further down the depth chart Jig Williams was a three star and Ellis has some impressive press clippings as well.
Bos,
I wonder if there is a bit of conservatism in the depth chart in that some might not be listed as a starter but come tonight they just might be starting. For example, I’d expect Jordan Colbert to start tonight, but he is listed 2nd.
Possible that 3 transfers from St Francis could be in the starting line up?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

If you look at that game write up 2 of our 10 transfers are already out for the year with knee injuries including the D Lineman from St Francis that was well regarded.

Missing Brown the entire season would sting but have heard little about him. He was a big game changer in the limited games he suited up in that Covid spring. We have a higher ceiling with him in there.

On my way to the game let’s go Rhody!!!
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago If you look at that game write up 2 of our 10 transfers are already out for the year with knee injuries including the D Lineman from St Francis that was well regarded.

Missing Brown the entire season would sting but have heard little about him. He was a big game changer in the limited games he suited up in that Covid spring. We have a higher ceiling with him in there.

BAR,

Are you taking the ferry? Is it true that everyone gets to the stadium by ferry? Wish I was going. Great weather forecast?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Oh thanks.
Bos,
I wonder if there is a bit of conservatism in the depth chart in that some might not be listed as a starter but come tonight they just might be starting. For example, I’d expect Jordan Colbert to start tonight, but he is listed 2nd.
Who knows? Hasn't been something I've monitored, so I wouldn't be able to answer. The back end of the secondary is super old and experienced with Henry Y (Not going to try and spell it), Buzz and Gavek all as seniors +. Would imagine he would at least rotate in. In fact, compared to the front 7, the secondary has quite a bit of experience. We all know Neal and Macksin are solid, as is Stewart, but would love to see the front 7 really dominate up front and limit Stony Brook's stud RB.
Only two defensive linemen listed. Got to imagine someone like Malachi Burby, although listed as a linebacker, at 290 will spend more time with his hand in the dirt.

Either way, I'm exited. Just paid my $20 to re-up my FloSports subscription. Looking forward to it.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago If you look at that game write up 2 of our 10 transfers are already out for the year with knee injuries including the D Lineman from St Francis that was well regarded.

Good catch. I past it making my way to the two deep... Was a bit surprised to see Ellis wasn't at least listed as a kick returner. I was looking forward to seeing Brown up front adding some veteran depth to the front 7.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good catch. I past it making my way to the two deep... Was a bit surprised to see Ellis wasn't at least listed as a kick returner. I was looking forward to seeing Brown up front adding some veteran depth to the front 7.
Same here. Wish Brown hadn’t gotten hurt.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

BAR,

Are you taking the ferry? Is it true that everyone gets to the stadium by ferry? Wish I was going. Great weather forecast?
Yes Ramster. Ferry from Bridgeport to port Jefferson, Long Island and then a 10 minute ride to stony Brook.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

BAR,

Yes Ramster. Ferry from Bridgeport to port Jefferson, Long Island and then a 10 minute ride to stony Brook.
Enjoy!
Keep us in the loop as we watch from home
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is this game on B101 ?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I'm not seeing any indication of audio outside of the Varsity Network thing
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I know I'm late to the party here but just realizing the stream is through FloSports again to. Major disappointment.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All of the CAA Football Games for the entire conference are broadcast by FloSports
Last year the CAA doubled broadcasts in a new agreement covering 13 sports and there will be 850 events broadcast this year

https://caasports.com/news/2021/8/12/fo ... rship.aspx
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Great environment here. Let’s go Rhody.

I’ve been told that the RB will be back in 2-3 games.
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Let’s go Rhody!!!
Attachments
A32ED097-4792-4722-906B-38DFFD137E53.jpeg
2 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago I'm not seeing any indication of audio outside of the Varsity Network thing
I believe it will be on 920 AM / 104.7 / 93.3 HD2 in Southern New England. Nope, it's not on actual radio. Super shoddy for a D1 program. *sigh*

The extremely good news is that Varsity now has streaming available on their website which you don't need their garbage app for!

The Varsity Network

Also, if you want to stream from your phone you can use this link to open the stream in any media player app (like VLC, Xiia, etc) and you shouldn't have to use their (again terrrrrrrrible) app.

Also just to be clear, all of this is free. I will update the links on my old radio guide thread and give it a bump for future games.
Last edited by Puck Frovidence 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Good Rhody Turnout! Perfect night on the Island! Let's go Rhody!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Bos,
Who knows? Hasn't been something I've monitored, so I wouldn't be able to answer. The back end of the secondary is super old and experienced with Henry Y (Not going to try and spell it), Buzz and Gavek all as seniors +. Would imagine he would at least rotate in. In fact, compared to the front 7, the secondary has quite a bit of experience. We all know Neal and Macksin are solid, as is Stewart, but would love to see the front 7 really dominate up front and limit Stony Brook's stud RB.
Only two defensive linemen listed. Got to imagine someone like Malachi Burby, although listed as a linebacker, at 290 will spend more time with his hand in the dirt.

Either way, I'm exited. Just paid my $20 to re-up my FloSports subscription. Looking forward to it.
$20? I'm looking at FloSports and it's saying 12.99 a month or like $99 a year.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Is it me or is the audio horrible on this Varsity Network?
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Is it me or is the audio horrible on this Varsity Network?
Its not you. Maybe the dogshit quality is the reason they didn't put it on the actual radio this week?
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Is it me or is the audio horrible on this Varsity Network?
Its not you. Maybe the dogshit quality is the reason they didn't put it on the actual radio this week?
I can’t get any sound. Got the NH Monmouth game fine
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Still no sound
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RIrugger01 wrote: 1 year ago
Puck Frovidence wrote: 1 year ago
I can’t get any sound. Got the NH Monmouth game fine
Yeah, I don't have any sound now. It went from distorted sound to nothing.
0 x
Rhody123
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody123 »

Yes sound was distorted for me to on The Varsity Network then went to no sound. Can get audio for other games fine. Really frustrating!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Since the audio isn't working, this is how I'm following it.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=414060
1 x