Roster 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Roster 2022-23

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
Still don't see Ant there.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Might have to write him off?
Last edited by theblueram 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Haven’t seen Founema, Tchikou, and Harris in any of these videos.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Thanks for posting the video. Good summertime treat.

Samb looks muscular, strong in the upper body. Hopefully it adds up to strong rebounding and defensive presence.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great videos and good to see the guys working hard !!
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

5 x
Common sense is not common.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Might have to write him off?
My guess is Foumena and Ant haven't reported to camp yet for whatever reason. Since they both just signed to play for us about a month ago I would not write them off.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago
Heck yeah it’s official !!
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

2 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Pretty sure someone said this in a different thread but I think Anthony Harris was finishing classes at UNC, and should be headed down to Kingston soon. Not sure what’s going on with Jeremy Founema.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Who is that with the yellow braids and power dunks ??
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Who is that with the yellow braids and power dunks ??
Frentchi
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago Pretty sure someone said this in a different thread but I think Anthony Harris was finishing classes at UNC, and should be headed down to Kingston soon. Not sure what’s going on with Jeremy Founema.
I was just offering that as a guess. He hasn’t played in a game since 1/8, so ideally you’d want him with his teammates as soon as possible.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ace wrote: 1 year ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago Pretty sure someone said this in a different thread but I think Anthony Harris was finishing classes at UNC, and should be headed down to Kingston soon. Not sure what’s going on with Jeremy Founema.
I was just offering that as a guess. He hasn’t played in a game since 1/8, so ideally you’d want him with his teammates as soon as possible.
I am actually more surprised or concerned about Foumena's absence.

Our frontcourt is where we have the least experience, and the summer practice session with his teammates and weight training would be a huge benefit to him.

Coming in as a true freshman it would be important to spend as much time as possible with your new team and developing your body/strength.

Again, this can be a summer school issue, trying to get his academics in order (only a guess).
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Our frontcourt is where we have the least experience, and the summer practice session with his teammates and weight training would be a huge benefit to him.

Coming in as a true freshman it would be important to spend as much time as possible with your new team and developing your body/strength.

Again, this can be a summer school issue, trying to get his academics in order (only a guess).
Not a good sign if it’s academics coming out of high school/prep. The school year ended over a month ago.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

From what part of the country would Harris be coming from if he is “headed down to Kingston”? 😉
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

DevRam wrote: 1 year ago
Frentchi
The Alabama transfer??
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

reef wrote: 1 year ago
Frentchi
The Alabama transfer??
Yes
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Frentchi
The Alabama transfer??
Yes
He spells it with a Capital T

FrenTchi
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago

Not a good sign if it’s academics coming out of high school/prep. The school year ended over a month ago.
Could they be waiting for their first promised check?
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Frentchi
The Alabama transfer??
Yes
I’m high on him think he’s going to be quite good
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ProJo update on URI from Bill Koch in Saturdays paper. Must be a e-subscriber or paper edition. This addresses the latest on players in campus.

Excerpt from the article regarding summer practice:

The Rams are waiting on two players to join them in the fall. Anthony Harris and Jeremy Foumena are still finishing their academic requirements at North Carolina and Orangeville Prep, respectively. Miller expects to have his full 13-man roster ready to go when students report to campus for first semester.
“They’re on their own as they would be at home for summer break,” Miller said. “Sometimes it’s not as much of a concern. Some of the things they’re not able to do, we can speed them up with film when we get started.”
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago ProJo update on URI from Bill Koch in Saturdays paper. Must be a e-subscriber or paper edition. This addresses the latest on players in campus.

The Rams are waiting on two players to join them in the fall. Anthony Harris and Jeremy Foumena are still finishing their academic requirements at North Carolina and Orangeville Prep, respectively. Miller expects to have his full 13-man roster ready to go when students report to campus for first semester.
“They’re on their own as they would be at home for summer break,” Miller said. “Sometimes it’s not as much of a concern. Some of the things they’re not able to do, we can speed them up with film when we get started.”
Thanks Ramster, appreciate the update on those two.

I wonder which players have stood out the most so far.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago ProJo update on URI from Bill Koch in Saturdays paper. Must be a e-subscriber or paper edition. This addresses the latest on players in campus.

A bit More from article regarding specific players as you asked about Jersey77. Not sure if this is allowed but I’m not posting much of the entire article.
I’ve always subscribed to the ProJo. Just not sure of the rules to post excerpts here when you must be a subscriber to read. Always been and always will be a subscriber. Love the ProJo.

Martin is fully recovered from the right knee injury that nagged him at times last season and Carey has shown signs of being the coveted recruit who committed to Syracuse out of the prep ranks.
“He’s been very consistent,” Miller said. “He’s been open-minded to how we’re working. And he’s shown significant improvements in shooting and in leadership.”
Seton Hall transfer Brandon Weston has also put knee and ankle injuries firmly in his rearview mirror. The former top-100 recruit is down more than 10 pounds this summer and looking more athletic on the wing.
Incoming freshmen Louis Hutchinson and Rory Stewart have found their footings quickly.
“They’ve both been pleasant surprises,” Miller said. “Very intelligent guys — smart. Really hard-working guys.”
The eye-catcher for fans could be George Washington transfer Brayon Freeman, who was an all-rookie selection in the conference in 2021-22.
“He’s a guy that has a chance to be a live wire for us with the ball and without,” Miller said. “Very, very talented player.”
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

A bit More from article regarding specific player as you asked about 77. Not sure if this is allowed but I’m not posting the whole article.
I’ve always subscribed to the ProJo. Just not sure of the rules when you must be a subscriber to read. Always been and always will be a subscriber. Love the ProJo.

Martin is fully recovered from the right knee injury that nagged him at times last season and Carey has shown signs of being the coveted recruit who committed to Syracuse out of the prep ranks.
“He’s been very consistent,” Miller said. “He’s been open-minded to how we’re working. And he’s shown significant improvements in shooting and in leadership.”
Seton Hall transfer Brandon Weston has also put knee and ankle injuries firmly in his rearview mirror. The former top-100 recruit is down more than 10 pounds this summer and looking more athletic on the wing.
Incoming freshmen Louis Hutchinson and Rory Stewart have found their footings quickly.
“They’ve both been pleasant surprises,” Miller said. “Very intelligent guys — smart. Really hard-working guys.”
The eye-catcher for fans could be George Washington transfer Brayon Freeman, who was an all-rookie selection in the conference in 2021-22.
“He’s a guy that has a chance to be a live wire for us with the ball and without,” Miller said. “Very, very talented player.”

Thanks again Ramster.

Good to hear about the health of Weston and wasn't fully aware of Martin's knee issues last season.

As I said in an earlier post, I think Bray will be our most game-ready transfer, maybe most important player.

Won't be totally surprised if Carey starts day1.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

A bit More from article regarding specific player as you asked about 77. Not sure if this is allowed but I’m not posting the whole article.
I’ve always subscribed to the ProJo. Just not sure of the rules when you must be a subscriber to read. Always been and always will be a subscriber. Love the ProJo.

Thanks again Ramster.

Good to hear about the health of Weston and wasn't fully aware of Martin's knee issues last season.

As I said in an earlier post, I think Bray will be our most game-ready transfer, maybe most important player.

Well Jersey77, guess I’ll leave you with this - the last 3 paragraphs of the article. I wouldn’t get too caught up with the starting line up. I don’t think Miller will be going with the David Cox concept of starting the same 5 guys all season long with very exceptions. Milller is going to have these guys compete for playing time from Day 1. As he stated the 6 returnees (with Samb having zero court minutes) and the 8 new players will all be starting from scratch.

As well it should be imho

With that in mind, Miller is keeping the door open for now in terms of lineup combinations and rotations. Those are expected to shake out in the fall — even then, time on the floor won’t be guaranteed. Only two players in Miller’s last six combined seasons at Dayton and Indiana logged 80% of available minutes.
“Our chance to be a good team is really going to be our strength in numbers and our collective,” Miller said. “It’s not going to be having six guys back or two all-conference players returning. It’s basically a team that’s going to be built from scratch.
“Our new guys are going to have to start over. Our returners are going to have to start over. We’re going to have to put that together.”
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Thanks again Ramster.

Well Jersey77, guess I’ll leave you with this - the last 3 paragraphs of the article. I wouldn’t get too caught up with the starting line up. I don’t think Miller will be going with the David Cox concept of starting the same 5 guys all season long with very exceptions. Milller is going to have these guys compete for playing time from Day 1. As he stated the 6 returnees (with Samb having zero court minutes) and the 8 new players will all be starting from scratch.

As well it should be imho

With that in mind, Miller is keeping the door open for now in terms of lineup combinations and rotations. Those are expected to shake out in the fall — even then, time on the floor won’t be guaranteed. Only two players in Miller’s last six combined seasons at Dayton and Indiana logged 80% of available minutes.
“Our chance to be a good team is really going to be our strength in numbers and our collective,” Miller said. “It’s not going to be having six guys back or two all-conference players returning. It’s basically a team that’s going to be built from scratch.
“Our new guys are going to have to start over. Our returners are going to have to start over. We’re going to have to put that together.”
Glad to hear he will be open minded, trying different combinations and not being as rigid as Cox was.
Players will be accountable and always having to earn their minutes, I like it.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

No mention of Big Jo or FrenTchi.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago No mention of Big Jo or FrenTchi.
Jo as previously discussed may have injury issues and Fren-Tchi recently committed and might not have joined the team yet.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow great comments from Arch , hard not to get excited about this team .
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Wow great comments from Arch , hard not to get excited about this team .
I think Arch said what any new coach in a similar situation would say. There was really nothing new for Koch to write that people following the program didn't already know. This is not a criticism of anyone, just the type of series being written.
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

When people bitch about projo coverage - just remember that when you post clips of the articles and everyone reads them here, those eyeballs don’t get counted and thus, the URI subject seems less important to decision makers.

Just subscribe or don’t bitch.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I've deleted a post with the full article text. We generally allow small excerpts from articles, like what Ramster posted, since it probably falls under fair use, if there is some commentary involved. But a straight copy-paste likely violates copyright law. As Blue Man notes, if you want to read it, you should probably pay for the paper, or hit up a place that would have a digital sub, like your local library.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago I've deleted a post with the full article text. We generally allow small excerpts from articles, like what Ramster posted, since it probably falls under fair use, if there is some commentary involved. But a straight copy-paste likely violates copyright law. As Blue Man notes, if you want to read it, you should probably pay for the paper, or hit up a place that would have a digital sub, like your local library.
Koch did a great job on this article. We can show him respect by paying a minimal amount to read it and future reports about our team. He takes the time to give us some great insight here, and we should return the favor.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Digital subsciption to Projo is insanely cheap these days. I got 2 years for $22 I think. I know they have also been offering $2 for 6 months promotions or somewhere thereabouts.
1 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Looks like Foumena is on campus.
3 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

He was supposed to arrive this week.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not sure if already posted but new player added to the roster, either a WO or PWO.
https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... -ball/7085

#31 Jimmy Ball Fr. G 6-2 175 Medford, Mass. / Arlington Catholic
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Not sure if already posted but new player added to the roster, either a WO or PWO.
https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... -ball/7085

#31 Jimmy Ball Fr. G 6-2 175 Medford, Mass. / Arlington Catholic
Wow the 4th Ball Brother will be suiting up for @rhodymbb next year.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Interesting. Have never followed the family closely. I wonder what drew him to Rhody? Basketball? Education? A connection to the staff?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Interesting. Have never followed the family closely. I wonder what drew him to Rhody? Basketball? Education? A connection to the staff?
I think 22 was joking referring to LaMello Ball, Lonzo Ball, amd LiAngelo Ball
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Interesting. Have never followed the family closely. I wonder what drew him to Rhody? Basketball? Education? A connection to the staff?
I think 22 was joking referring to LaMello Ball, Lonzo Ball, amd LiAngelo Ball
:lol: I fell for it…hook, line and sinker.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is jimmy ball a walk on ??
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 1 year ago Is jimmy ball a walk on ??
Yes, or preferred walk-on.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

What’s the difference?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago
What’s the difference?
"Preferred walk-ons arrive to college with a roster spot guaranteed for them. Walk-ons, however, arrive to college without a guaranteed roster spot. Neither preferred walk-ons nor walk-ons receive a scholarship their first year on campus. They both have the opportunity to compete for them in later years, but preferred walk-ons are often first in line for available scholarships."
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=9b6c2762 ... dXMu&ntb=1
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Roster now at 15 players
Coaching staff now at 12

https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... ath=mbball
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

The team was playing paintball today per Kenny Johnson’s story.
0 x