Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m thinking everyone on the list will be on the team come November and KC most likely to 23

Next off-season I bet we lose about 3 to lack of playing time better opportunities elsewhere
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I'm going with the ramster...we'll lose a player....and it will be nbd.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Yeah I’m thinking everyone on the list will be on the team come November and KC most likely to 23

Next off-season I bet we lose about 3 to lack of playing time better opportunities elsewhere
Losing players in the off season due to lack of playing time is not a bad thing in todays college basketball. I mean after watching last years team anyone on the team leaving wasn’t going to be a big issue. It creates more spots for transfers and recruits for Archie.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Yeah I’m thinking everyone on the list will be on the team come November and KC most likely to 23

Lose who? The transfers that would have to sit a year if they transfer again, or the freshmen who are learning the game?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago :evil:

Don’t know right now. Let the summer practices play out.
Given the back court firepower Bassy is prob the only possible late departure...but I hope he stays and tries to elevate
I doubt he leaves - kid scraps and will be a good A10 player. I see a potential RS season though, since that is what he should have done last year. Next year I expect Carey will be gone along with Martin - Carey is going to have a big year and go pro.
Carey going pro? Lol. He has accomplished nothing up to this point and easily could get pushed back with all the talent at guard that Archie brought in. You obviously have to be talking overseas.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

Lose who? The transfers that would have to sit a year if they transfer again, or the freshmen who are learning the game?
Not that I think anyone leaves by Nov, but no returning player would have to sit if they decide to leave.

Because of our coaching change, they would be granted an immediate waiver.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Sebastian, Ish, and Samb could leave without having to sit after next year. All the freshmen could leave after next year without sitting. Bilau could freely transfer. All others would need waivers which will be harder to come by in my opinion.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

Given the back court firepower Bassy is prob the only possible late departure...but I hope he stays and tries to elevate
I doubt he leaves - kid scraps and will be a good A10 player. I see a potential RS season though, since that is what he should have done last year. Next year I expect Carey will be gone along with Martin - Carey is going to have a big year and go pro.
Carey going pro? Lol. He has accomplished nothing up to this point and easily could get pushed back with all the talent at guard that Archie brought in. You obviously have to be talking overseas.
Of course I mean overseas - I am not that crazy. He accomplished nothing because there was no offense to feature guards/wings last year. Ish El Amin was invisible, Ish leggett too. Carey was the best of these guys but still didn’t get minutes, buried on the bench behind guys with less talent because the year before he was loose with the ball.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

No idea but just guessing 3 seems realistic in this day and age of college hoops
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I am not going to worry about who stays and who leaves after next year - I think we have a great group of players to compete for minutes. I expect 6 guards to play 20 plus minutes, so most of those guys should be happy. The forwards all need some time to develop so lets see who is ready next year.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago

That's a pretty bold statement Ramster for this Nov, not leaving yourself much wiggle room.

I guess if KC makes a decision to wait until fall to enroll, leaving us an open scholarship that Archie might decide to fill.

Also, if one or two of our returning players feel they have been recruited over and decide to transfer, because of limited anticipated playing time.

Ramster are you including possible walk-ons to your roster statement?
No.
I’m saying at least 1 player will depart by November 1

And not saying it’s a bad thing. Will likely fill the spot(s) with a better player (players)

Just been a swarm of talented players added in just the past few weeks - almost all were “stealth” adds

And remember some here we’re saying Archie would leave 1 roster spot open. Didn’t happen - yet
Ramster. I guess it is possible, but somehow I feel confident we won't lose anyone else prior to the start of the season.

All the teams start their summer workout very soon (early June), and I think all our players will be sticking around.

Next season could be a different story.
It’s been said some live the way Archie is building long term with Freshmen, but then he brought in Freeman and most recently Weston from Seton Hall and Harris from North Carolina.
I see those 3 transfers as our starting backcourt. So some players got pushed down the playing time list when Archie and team recruited transfers very well - some here thought we were done with recruiting a month ago.

As players turn down the NBA and return to their teams then more players will be pushed down the playing time chart - at solid programs.

I’ll be very surprised if nobody leaves and nobody is added between now and November 1st - or 5 months from now. This staff will find them more diamonds - recruiting never ends.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

No.

And not saying it’s a bad thing. Will likely fill the spot(s) with a better player (players)

Just been a swarm of talented players added in just the past few weeks - almost all were “stealth” adds

And remember some here we’re saying Archie would leave 1 roster spot open. Didn’t happen - yet
Ramster. I guess it is possible, but somehow I feel confident we won't lose anyone else prior to the start of the season.

All the teams start their summer workout very soon (early June), and I think all our players will be sticking around.

It’s been said some live the way Archie is building long term with Freshmen, but then he brought in Freeman and most recently Weston from Seton Hall and Harris from North Carolina.
I see those 3 transfers as our starting backcourt. So some players got pushed down the playing time list when Archie and team recruited transfers very well - some here thought we were done with recruiting a month ago.

As players turn down the NBA and return to their teams then more players will be pushed down the playing time chart - at solid programs.

I’ll be very surprised if nobody leaves and nobody is added between now and November 1st - or 5 months from now. This staff will find them more diamonds - recruiting never ends.
One major correction - no one “thought we were done with recruiting a month ago”.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago

One major correction - no one “thought we were done with recruiting a month ago”.
For this 2022-2023 season they did, once the roster was filled.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's still not full. There's still one scholarship open.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Then how will the Australian kid get added in December?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It hasn't been determined when he will enroll yet. He might reclass to '23.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

No.

Totally agree...there will be adds and departures between now and November
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It hasn't been determined when he will enroll yet. He might reclass to '23.
Exactly. So we really don’t know that the 13th scholarship is available. But worry not, there will be openings between now and November 1st.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

Again, I will be extremely surprised if there are any departures between now and Nov.

I think all the players here now are locked in, focused, and ready to go for the 22-23 season.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Why do folks think there’ll be departures between now and November? I mean sure it could happen. But why the foregone conclusion?
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago Why do folks think there’ll be departures between now and November? I mean sure it could happen. But why the foregone conclusion?
Since they’re so much transferring going on they think there will be one, but I don’t think they’re will be any, but I believe KC technically could join in December because I think he can graduate early with that month being the earliest
Last edited by Dino611 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

The players here are the ones who will be here. Archie strikes me as someone who is blunt and honest with his expectations and communicates them to his players.

He only kept people he saw as a fit for long term, and challenged them with competition, to which I assume they all bought in.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago Why do folks think there’ll be departures between now and November? I mean sure it could happen. But why the foregone conclusion?
Since they’re so much transferring going on they think there will be one, but I don’t think they’re will be any, but I believe KC technically could join in December because I think he can graduate early with that month being the earliest
I mean if they said Nov 2023 sure. There could be a transfer or 2 after next season.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Again, I will be extremely surprised if there are any departures between now and Nov.

I think all the players here now are locked in, focused, and ready to go for the 22-23 season.
I agree with this also barring something unforeseen I am expecting the guys on the roster now will still be here come Nov 1st
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
I mean if they said Nov 2023 sure. There could be a transfer or 2 after next season.
Between now and the start of next season, o/u 3.5
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I think that's fair. I don't think we'll lose someone to a higher conference, but it wouldn't surprise me if guys transfer laterally or down.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

I think that's fair. I don't think we'll lose someone to a higher conference, but it wouldn't surprise me if guys transfer laterally or down.
Kinda thinking 'who knows' on lateral/up/down, altho, at the end of this year, having transfers "up" will hopefully be result of a good year. I'll take the over.

Question....is Samb an absolute no doubt, no question, rosteree for the start of this year?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Kinda thinking 'who knows' on lateral/up/down, altho, at the end of this year, having transfers "up" will hopefully be result of a good year. I'll take the over.

Question....is Samb an absolute no doubt, no question, rosteree for the start of this year?
I think absolutely Samb will be a part of the roster for the start of the season.

Not only that I think he will get significant minutes and has the potential to be an impact player during his time with us.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I like that 3.5 number should get good 2 way action
1 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

If harris, bray, and weston are as good as we hope they are, there will probably be a backcourt transfer. Tough going from playing time to realizing you are the 6th guard (Carey, Thomas, Ish).
3 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I think absolutely Samb will be a part of the roster for the start of the season.

Not only that I think he will get significant minutes and has the potential to be an impact player during his time with us.
I like this take. Hope the kid becomes a star.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Why not consider redshirting Thomas this year? Love the kid but realistically he’s likely to be the #6 on the G depth chart which is also assuming Martin is our PF.
Weston, Harris, Bray, Ish, Carey…Thomas
Last edited by SandorClegane 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
- Mr. Rogers
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good question. I hope we get some thoughts on it.

I think we will know as we get closer to the season. There could be existing health issues, new injuries that crop up.

If it’s an option, my guess would be Archie will hold off until he has enough info to make a decision. But, as we have found out, this staff is stealthy and tight as a drum. It could be decided already.

I’m rambling…I got nothin’
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Some updates to align to GoRhody.com roster & positions:
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Thank you for all of these updates
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looks like a lot of the guys are here now. Trying to figure out who's who. Anybody want to guess?

2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Looks like a lot of the guys are here now. Trying to figure out who's who. Anybody want to guess?

Really good find, loving the team bonding
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I think I know which one's Archie. 🤓
1 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago I think I know which one's Archie. 🤓
No you don’t, that would be the trainer.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DevRam wrote: 1 year ago
PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago I think I know which one's Archie. 🤓
No you don’t, that would be the trainer.
LET'S GO DAN! :roll:
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Who’s flashing the west coast sign? Didn’t recognize him.
0 x
- Mr. Rogers
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago Who’s flashing the west coast sign? Didn’t recognize him.
Bassy.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Ah. Got it. hair looked shorter in the pic.
Thank you.
0 x
- Mr. Rogers
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

Who is leaving to make room for French?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ElbertC2020 wrote: 1 year ago Who is leaving to make room for French?
There was still one scholarship available.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I presume the guy from New Zealand will be a 23 year f he comes.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Updated with Alex Tchikou commit with 4 years of eligibility. Moved KC Nwafor to 23-24 class.

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Looks like we are really ahead of the game as to roster spots to fill - short of future defections here or there.

Looks like Archie and staff have the luxury of being very selective and focused.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I guess in this day and age we keep recruiting '23s even though there are no scholarships available. But how does the staff explain that to a recruit? 'We expect someone to leave"? It sure is a different time.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I wonder if Nwafor will ever enroll here?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!