Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago IMO, TMartin was a good college player but not good enough at anything to make the NBA.
The good news for Tyrese is you’re a commenter on a college basketball forum, and not a NBA scout. Sleep tight 72
Tyrese did not appear on either 1st, 2nd or 3rd ALL-Big East team his year.
To my knowledge the BE doesn’t name a 3rd team, only 1st and 2nd teams.
While a valid point about the BE Teams, Tyrese played well at the Portsmouth Invitational and he will have his chance to perform against top competition now. His offensive rebounding skills are a strongpoint that NBA scouts will like.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago IMO, TMartin was a good college player but not good enough at anything to make the NBA.
The good news for Tyrese is you’re a commenter on a college basketball forum, and not a NBA scout. Sleep tight 72
That's a pretty good non-barometer 👍
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Listen what Jeff Goodman had to say about the Mitchell brothers in this piece. LMAO!!!

1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

And neither did I. Clearly there’s no correlation between that list and being invited to NBA draft combine
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Anyone have the link for this game??
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Listen what Jeff Goodman had to say about the Mitchell brothers in this piece. LMAO!!!

You don't really hear people like Goodman say stuff like that about college players. That's pretty damning
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
BCarey1315
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BCarey1315 »

DevRam wrote: 1 year ago

Anyone have the link for this game??
AD/POPUP WARNING!!!

https://crackstreams.nu/olympiacos-vs-a ... ive-stream

Its a free stream so you'll have to deal with ads at first but the link is working. Olympiacos currently up by 4

*edit* my apologies if sharing links is frowned upon here. Was reading the thread and saw the stream request so I went ahead and posted.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

BCarey1315 wrote: 1 year ago AD/POPUP WARNING!!!

https://crackstreams.nu/olympiacos-vs-a ... ive-stream

Its a free stream so you'll have to deal with ads at first but the link is working. Olympiacos currently up by 4

*edit* my apologies if sharing links is frowned upon here. Was reading the thread and saw the stream request so I went ahead and posted.
I think we're generally fine with it, since this is going to be a one-off or two-off here. If anyone wants to watch the final legally, assuming Olympiacos pulls off the comeback, you can pay by the game for about $8 for an official stream.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Mo Charlo, New Williams and Pooh Jeter sound like names you draft in Madden when you're 7 seasons into the franchise mode
7 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Did Sheppard ever graduate?
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote: 1 year ago Did Sheppard ever graduate?
Yeah, last year with Fatts
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I wonder if we will see Fats in the NBA Summer League?

Probably not but I’d like to see how he stacks up.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

People who were at the combine had a different perspective on Tyrese than 72...

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-me ... story.html
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago

Go Tyrese
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

And that is exactly why you can't blame a kid for transferring. If Tyrese had stayed here under Cox, he would be looking at a second rate league in Europe. That's not a knock on URI as a program, but more of a knock on the coaching abilities of Cox vs Hurley. The right situation (and coach) makes all the difference in the world for most players.
10 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago And that is exactly why you can't blame a kid for transferring. If Tyrese had stayed here under Cox, he would be looking at a second rate league in Europe. That's not a knock on URI as a program, but more of a knock on the coaching abilities of Cox vs Hurley. The right situation (and coach) makes all the difference in the world for most players.
Eh, I mean, Jeff Dowtin played legitimate NBA minutes this year after playing multiple seasons under Cox.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago And that is exactly why you can't blame a kid for transferring. If Tyrese had stayed here under Cox, he would be looking at a second rate league in Europe. That's not a knock on URI as a program, but more of a knock on the coaching abilities of Cox vs Hurley. The right situation (and coach) makes all the difference in the world for most players.
Eh, I mean, Jeff Dowtin played legitimate NBA minutes this year after playing multiple seasons under Cox.
Substitute 'despite' for 'after'.
6 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ouch. You woke me up with that one.

Worst decision Cox made in his 4 years was to move Dowtin from Point Guard and running the team beautifully in his Freshman and Sophomore years. No othe Cox decision comes close.

Dowtin was among the very top of National Leaders in Assists to Turnovers his 1st two years. He was a natural leader.

For Dowtin to be where he is today is more a credit to Dowtin himself and to Hurley. Imagine Dowtin’s reputation had he stayed at PG, leading the team all 4 years.

If ever URI needed a “Coach on the floor” it was with Dowtin’s leadership capabilities and alongside the lack of Floor leadership ability in Cox and staff.

Wonder if Martin and Toppin would have been so quick to depart had Dowtin been the Floor General at the time.
5 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Worst decision Cox made in his 4 years was to move Dowtin from Point Guard and running the team beautifully in his Freshman and Sophomore years. No othe Cox decision comes close.

Dowtin was among the very top of National Leaders in Assists to Turnovers his 1st two years. He was a natural leader.

For Dowtin to be where he is today is more a credit to Dowtin himself and to Hurley. Imagine Dowtin’s reputation had he stayed at PG, leading the team all 4 years.

If ever URI needed a “Coach on the floor” it was with Dowtin’s leadership capabilities and alongside the lack of Floor leadership ability in Cox and staff.

Wonder if Martin and Toppin would have been so quick to depart had Dowtin been the Floor General at the time.
All I was saying was that we had a recent player get to the NBA after playing multiple seasons under Cox.

You can debate what Cox did right/wrong with Dowtin, how much better he would’ve been under Hurley, etc etc.

What you can’t debate is Dowtin played in the NBA after playing under Cox.

There’s literally zero way anyone can say Tyrese would/wouldn’t have made the NBA combine had he stayed here.

Tyrese made a significant jump from his freshman to his sophomore year, and one could have expected to see another modest jump in production those next two seasons, potentially leading to the NBA combine/team workouts/training camp invite.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Mike Schmitz of ESPN moved Tyrese up his big board from 82nd to 67th overall. Other notable SF rankings, Patrick Baldwin Jr. is 34th, Johnny Juzang 78th, Hyunjung Lee 99th.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

There is no way to prove that bc he didn't stay...but we do have proof that Cox didn't get the most out of the talent from his roster. Is there even 1 player under Cox that we think reached their ceiling? No. So it's fair to guess he wouldn't have gotten the most out of Tyrese either. And given Tyrese is at best a fringe NBA prospect it's not a leap to say he wouldn't be in this position if he stayed 4 years at Rhody. No way to prove that of course and it's anecdotal but there is enough info to make an educated guess.
5 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

All I was saying was that we had a recent player get to the NBA after playing multiple seasons under Cox.

You can debate what Cox did right/wrong with Dowtin, how much better he would’ve been under Hurley, etc etc.

What you can’t debate is Dowtin played in the NBA after playing under Cox.

There’s literally zero way anyone can say Tyrese would/wouldn’t have made the NBA combine had he stayed here.

Tyrese made a significant jump from his freshman to his sophomore year, and one could have expected to see another modest jump in production those next two seasons, potentially leading to the NBA combine/team workouts/training camp invite.
Dowtin had the benefit of playing 2 years for Hurley and leading some good teams into the NCAA. Also, playing for Hurley meant a lot of national buzz. That buzz faded pretty heavily after year 1 of Cox.

Martin did not get any of the Hurley benefits - NCAA or otherwise, and realized he was never going to get that here.

It's an impossible argument to answer, but the clues are all there. Dave Cox's coaching style/philosophy weren't going to give Martin a shot to maximize his talent.

You can make the NBA from anywhere - but you need the team you're on to make some kind of a splash on the national level.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Congrats to Tyrese I hope he gets drafted
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 1 year ago

Mike Schmitz of ESPN moved Tyrese up his big board from 82nd to 67th overall. Other notable SF rankings, Patrick Baldwin Jr. is 34th, Johnny Juzang 78th, Hyunjung Lee 99th.
Y'mean, Patrick Baldwin the Lottery Pick? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

I’d wager he goes lower than #34
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

5 months ago, folks on this board were floating top 7/lottery pick. When noted, "that's not what we saw vs Rhody", it was all 'one game, don't worry about it.'....Face it, everyone whiffed on that guy...
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

5 months ago, folks on this board were floating top 7/lottery pick. When noted, "that's not what we saw vs Rhody", it was all 'one game, don't worry about it.'....Face it, everyone whiffed on that guy...
Sure wasn’t me 208. In fact, I believe I said I would never want the Celtics drafting him. Never saw him as a Lottery pick. I don’t even see him as a 2nd rounder. Plays soft and slow.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Dude, what is your issue with this kid? You've been bashing him since we played him.. His ankle was a mess his entire season and then he had covid.. He's still very young and loaded with upside.

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

He did get bit by the injury bug pretty badly
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's always important to keep in mind that the variance for players - especially ones going from high school to college freshman - has an incredible range to it. Like, if you have your choice of the Top 100 prospects, the guys in the 1 to 20 range are generally going to outperform 21 to 40... But, you're going to have individual players that over and underperform.

With Baldwin in particular, his ESPN profile from Oct. 2019 notes that he was "potentially" the top prospect in the 2021 draft class, but then got downgraded because of the severe ankle injury, and now he's seen as a second round prospect because of how badly the Milwaukee season went. I think he'll succeed or fail based on who drafts him - He seems like the kind of guy the Heat or Spurs would rehab and find a good role for, but I think it's more likely he goes to some shitty organization like the Kings, and he's out of the league within six to 24 months.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Dude, what is your issue with this kid? You've been bashing him since we played him.. His ankle was a mess his entire season and then he had covid.. He's still very young and loaded with upside.

Chill, dude, I don't think saying someone isn't a lottery pick, when a lot of people fussed that he was, is exactly bashing him...
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Chill, dude, I don't think saying someone isn't a lottery pick, when a lot of people fussed that he was, is exactly bashing him...
Ok fine, you're not bashing him but you seem to say something negative about him any time he's brought up on here. Let's see if the kid can figure it out once he gets healthy. His ankle problems are no joke. Look at a guy like MPJ. He was going to be the number 1 pick in the draft got injured and then fell the 14. I still think he has a lot of potential.. We shall see.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d agree with this NBA Draft Assessment of Baldwin

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/patrick-baldwin-jr/
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Not to completely derail this thread but here's Jonathan Givony's 2/22/2022 pre-draft analysis of Patrick Baldwin Jr., Givony mentions his poor showing against URI.
February 22, 2022: (Mock Draft and Top 100 update) -- The last time we checked in on Patrick Baldwin in late December, he was coming off a challenging stretch of non-conference action, with poor showings against the likes of Florida, Colorado and Rhode Island, the best teams Milwaukee will face this season. Since then, things have gone from bad to worse, as he's missed significant time with a troublesome ankle injury and COVID-19, while continuing to struggle in Horizon League action, shooting just 28% from the field with more than twice as many turnovers as assists since the start of the calendar year. His team has been statistically better with him off the floor than on it, as they haven't won a game in league play with him in the starting lineup, while going 6-4 without him, a troubling development for a player thought to be a significant difference maker at the mid-major level and once a projected top-10 pick when the season started.

NBA teams privately sound extremely concerned about Baldwin's left ankle, which caused him to miss most of his high school senior year and is clearly not 100% based on the amount of time he's missed and the fact that he's been essentially day-to-day for the past two months. Even when healthy, watching him has been a largely miserable experience, as he's mostly settled for incredibly high degree of difficulty shots, played lackluster defense, had significant problems generating good looks for himself or others against low-level competition, and has shown a concerning lack of toughness and feel for the game, all of which is concerning to say the least. While being a top-10 pick is now likely off the table, Baldwin's status as a sure-fire first-rounder is far from certain due to his poor play, especially if his ankle doesn't receive a long-term clean bill of health from NBA doctors. Comparable players in terms of style of play, such as Jabari Parker, aren't as en vogue in today's NBA as in the past, as teams have largely gone away from these types of inefficient scorers who don't defend with toughness or make others better.

Baldwin has one last chance to salvage his season when the Horizon League championship starts at the beginning of March, if he even is able to suit up. Milwaukee will need to win four games to make the NCAA tournament, a tall task to say the least, but scouts will want to see if Baldwin can at least show more urgency than the extreme level of apathy he's mostly displayed thus far. Baldwin will likely look better in the pre-draft process, where teams will see a 6-10, strong-framed, dynamic shot-maker who is still only 19 years old in individual workouts and wonder just how far a talented prospect like this should fall before he's worth rolling the dice on. Baldwin will likely come prepared with a long list of mitigating circumstances to explain away his disastrous season, but the damage he's caused his draft stock thus far may be hard to reverse at this point. - Jonathan Givony
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I was as unimpressed or more than these NBA assessments state. Soft, slow and lack of urgency on the defensive end. Heard lots of great things about him and how we should be scared of Milwaukee but he stunk and we rolled them.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Lots of people had him top 10 then they saw him and dropped him down to 34 , I’d be kind of surprised if he doesn’t go top 40 just based on his upside
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not bashing the guy, but I'm going with undrafted.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Not bashing the guy, but I'm going with undrafted.
Just to confirm you're saying that he won't be a top 60 pick?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

NBA teams would rather draft a young guy that may have a high ceiling than a guy who is a 4 year college player who has most likely plateaued.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Not bashing the guy, but I'm going with undrafted.
I'll say he goes undrafted too. Hope I'm wrong.

As teams get to picks 50-60, those are often used to "draft and stash" overseas players so they don't have to worry about signing that pick to a contract. They'll just hold that players rights until they come to the NBA or trade said player.
2 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Undrafted for me too. Way overrated.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Math is too hard. I'm just sticking with "undrafted" to possibly, but not definitely "undrafted free agent"
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

He graduated literally last year. Completed four consecutive seasons at Rhody.

It has not “been such a long time” since we had a a high school player contribute to winning and then stay the rest of his career here.

It happened 365 days ago.
Fatts Russell was not a winner. He was a lot of things, but he was not a winner. Very talented. Also very selfish.

He had a highlight reel play as an off the bench guy. It was a big play and one of my favorites. But he wasn't a winner. The book is out on that. When it was his team, we were losers.

Keeping it on Rory, this looks like a kid who is "under the radar" in terms of not having the high-visibility ranking, but has the skillset to fit Archie's system and be a 4 year contributor.

We haven't had guys like that since DC took over.

When he was healthy (freshman and junior year) we won. Was a catalyst on that tournament team. Led us to the bubble with a tremendous junior season.

Hurt sophomore and senior year where we struggled mightily.
Moving this from the Rory thread and to a place where it can be more related to Fatts.

What did we "win" exactly when Fatts took the ball from Jeff, or when he was on his own? With Jeff Dowtin on the floor, this team had 2 NCAA wins, 2 A10 titles, and a host of big wins against ranked teams. Jeff was a winner. So I'll take anything good we did in Cox's first 2 years as Jeff Dowtin's doing. It was clear when he left that he covered up for a lot of inadequacies.

"Led us to a bubble" is possibly the saddest, most demoralizing moving of the goalposts I've ever read.

In the A10 tourney his sophomore year, Fatts had a sick 3-14, 0-7 performance in a game we blew a double digit lead.

Even in his statistically great junior year, down the stretch he had 25% shooting percentages while taking the most shots on the team in must win games...leading us to the wrong side of the bubble.

The dude was talented. Fast. Probably one of the best on ball defenders I've ever had the pleasure of watching and made some electrifying plays. He was one of the best finishers at the rim and could collapse a defense like few others. He didn't do that enough.

He also was the most selfish and least self-aware player I've ever seen, and needed a coach who would put him in his place instead of let him do whatever he wanted.

His junior year was an outlier. Even with that 35% shooting season, he's a 28% 3 point shooter who took 5 3's a game.

He's probably the least efficient scorer to ever be the "best" player on a team at URI and he hurt us in far more games than he helped. As a whole he rarely made the team better. He rarely took a back seat to be a distributer. He was a shoot-first PG without being a gifted shooter. If his shot wasn't falling it didn't matter he was still taking the shots. He refused to take a different role on the floor. He was going to do what he wanted to do, and more often than not what he wanted to do hurt the team.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

I wonder if he (Baldwin) would take the feedback he got and withdraw from the draft and return to college (obviously transfer since Milwaukee shitcanned his dad) and show what he can do while healthy (obviously hoping he stays healthy). He obviously can't hurt his draft stock by returning to college.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I would be SHOCKED if this kid isn't a top 60 pick..Most of the updated mock drafts I'm seeing have him anywhere from 27-40. I saw one that had him at low 50s. which is by far the worst. There is no way a kid with this type of upside falls out of the top two rounds.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/05/23/nba-d ... w-nembhard

https://www.yahoo.com/video/2022-nba-mo ... 14838.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022 ... -holmgren/

Patrick Baldwin Jr., F, Milwaukee | Freshman
After a year in college where pretty much nothing went right for him, Baldwin remains pretty polarizing around the NBA. There’s a segment of scouts who seem to be entirely out on him, and the fact he didn’t perform well in athletic testing threw more fuel on that fire. But after watching Baldwin’s pro day and seeing him work out in private earlier this month, I’ve come away feeling like there should be much more room for optimism. Ultimately, I think he moved the needle in a positive way at the combine, measuring at 6' 10.25" in shoes with a 9' 2.5" standing reach, showcasing his elite shooting chops and ball skills at that size at his pro day, and reminding teams in that setting why he was once so highly regarded.

Baldwin is still working his way back into shape after two years of checkered health, and there’s a glass-half-full scenario here where he stays healthy, regains confidence in his body, can progress steadily and ultimately becomes a valuable contributor. You can’t throw the poor testing totally out the window, and I do worry about him a bit defensively, but players with his skill level and frame don’t come around often. There’s still significant risk attached here if his run of poor luck continues, but at a certain point in the draft, Baldwin becomes a serious value proposition. Writing him off completely would be a mistake, and I have a hard time thinking a team won’t roll the dice somewhere in the first round.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Fatts Russell was not a winner. He was a lot of things, but he was not a winner. Very talented. Also very selfish.

He had a highlight reel play as an off the bench guy. It was a big play and one of my favorites. But he wasn't a winner. The book is out on that. When it was his team, we were losers.

Keeping it on Rory, this looks like a kid who is "under the radar" in terms of not having the high-visibility ranking, but has the skillset to fit Archie's system and be a 4 year contributor.

We haven't had guys like that since DC took over.

When he was healthy (freshman and junior year) we won. Was a catalyst on that tournament team. Led us to the bubble with a tremendous junior season.

Hurt sophomore and senior year where we struggled mightily.
Moving this from the Rory thread and to a place where it can be more related to Fatts.

What did we "win" exactly when Fatts took the ball from Jeff, or when he was on his own? With Jeff Dowtin on the floor, this team had 2 NCAA wins, 2 A10 titles, and a host of big wins against ranked teams. Jeff was a winner. So I'll take anything good we did in Cox's first 2 years as Jeff Dowtin's doing. It was clear when he left that he covered up for a lot of inadequacies.

"Led us to a bubble" is possibly the saddest, most demoralizing moving of the goalposts I've ever read.

In the A10 tourney his sophomore year, Fatts had a sick 3-14, 0-7 performance in a game we blew a double digit lead.

Even in his statistically great junior year, down the stretch he had 25% shooting percentages while taking the most shots on the team in must win games...leading us to the wrong side of the bubble.

The dude was talented. Fast. Probably one of the best on ball defenders I've ever had the pleasure of watching and made some electrifying plays. He was one of the best finishers at the rim and could collapse a defense like few others. He didn't do that enough.

He also was the most selfish and least self-aware player I've ever seen, and needed a coach who would put him in his place instead of let him do whatever he wanted.

His junior year was an outlier. Even with that 35% shooting season, he's a 28% 3 point shooter who took 5 3's a game.

He's probably the least efficient scorer to ever be the "best" player on a team at URI and he hurt us in far more games than he helped. As a whole he rarely made the team better. He rarely took a back seat to be a distributer. He was a shoot-first PG without being a gifted shooter. If his shot wasn't falling it didn't matter he was still taking the shots. He refused to take a different role on the floor. He was going to do what he wanted to do, and more often than not what he wanted to do hurt the team.
Correct me if I'm wrong but he played college basketball for 5 years and made 1 tournament right? The one year he did he was a bench piece. I guess you could count his junior year as him leading us to the NIT but that's not the goal.

He still had some of the best moments I've ever seen as a Ram fan though.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

He may have been all of the things that you have said Blue Man, but I would go back to the Fire Fox thread where there was near consensus that David did not manage the team properly especially Fatts. Just one old guys opinion, but he was one of the most electrifying players I have ever seen in a Ram uniform, yet very frustrating to watch at times. No oversight nor direction.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago He may have been all of the things that you have said Blue Man, but I would go back to the Fire Fox thread where there was near consensus that David did not manage the team properly especially Fatts. Just one old guys opinion, but he was one of the most electrifying players I have ever seen in a Ram uniform, yet very frustrating to watch at times. No oversight nor direction.
I 100% agree. I think Fatts would've been a significantly better player had someone like Hurley coached him all 4 years here. Part of the blame for Fatts' play is that Cox misused him, and misused the team around him, and didn't put him in spots to be the best player he could be.

He was exactly as you said - both electrifying and frustrating - and a big part of that came from the lack of oversight or direction from his coach.

That said, the book is written on Fatts now. Regardless of what he could've been, he was what he was.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Math is too hard. I'm just sticking with "undrafted" to possibly, but not definitely "undrafted free agent"
I do agree with you that anytime I've watched him he's looked average to bad. I guess it's more about what he could become that intrigues me.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING