A10 Outlook for 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reckless jake
ARD

Re: A10 Outlook for 2022-23

Unread post by reckless jake »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago SLU not done yet.
Would be a nice veteran big addition, giving them depth upfront.

Per Jon Rothstein's twitter, Forrester committed to St. Louis today.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

reckless jake wrote: 1 year ago

Per Jon Rothstein's twitter, Forrester committed to St. Louis today.
Yup they are stacked. Should be sweet 16 team
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

A "Big" day for SLU.
7-footer from Putnam.
Lots of size upfront.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

Ugh my man, just hang it up. It's not even entertaining. You're either denying things that the receipts exist on this very site for, or just grasping at straws for some type of relevant post.

Your trolling isn't even sensible any more. Look at this first sentence - a blatant lie and then confusing follow up. Another sentence of nonsensical trash. Changing topics to something irrelevant and obvious. An answer to a question no one asked. Then a wild take with an obvious overlay of pointlessness.

I just want to laugh again. I need the old 72 back. The one with absolute hilarity.

But since we steadied the coaching position and staff with pros, you've kinda lost direction on where to go.

I'll continue to remember the good times. The people manager who knew basketball. That's my 72.

Here's hoping you regain form or get put out to pasture.
Remember the days Blue Man when you told all of us not to feed the troll? You keep throwing her fish.
Wait, is 72 a woman?
Yes. That came out several weeks ago.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Ugh my man, just hang it up. It's not even entertaining. You're either denying things that the receipts exist on this very site for, or just grasping at straws for some type of relevant post.

Your trolling isn't even sensible any more. Look at this first sentence - a blatant lie and then confusing follow up. Another sentence of nonsensical trash. Changing topics to something irrelevant and obvious. An answer to a question no one asked. Then a wild take with an obvious overlay of pointlessness.

I just want to laugh again. I need the old 72 back. The one with absolute hilarity.

But since we steadied the coaching position and staff with pros, you've kinda lost direction on where to go.

I'll continue to remember the good times. The people manager who knew basketball. That's my 72.

Here's hoping you regain form or get put out to pasture.
Remember the days Blue Man when you told all of us not to feed the troll? You keep throwing her fish.
I don't view it as feeding the troll. When people take him seriously and respond to his posts, I think that's feeding him. So calling him out for his lack of creativity and incredibly boring posts is OK. LIke Blueman, I laughed at how awesome his old posts used to be.

Don't forget he also had a cameo on South Park. Trolll.png

We all want that person back. Since Archie was hired his posts have been embarrassingly bad.
You missed on the board then a few weeks ago that 72 is she, not him, her.

Also, Blue Man many, many times said don’t feed the troll. Meaning ignore her.

Not sure what changed but he’s feeding her a lot
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I don't view it as feeding the troll. When people take him seriously and respond to his posts, I think that's feeding him. So calling him out for his lack of creativity and incredibly boring posts is OK. LIke Blueman, I laughed at how awesome his old posts used to be.

We all want that person back. Since Archie was hired his posts have been embarrassingly bad.

We have no idea if 72 is a male or female. The only thing we know for sure is he or she is a PC fan.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We have no idea if 72 is a male or female. The only thing we know for sure is he or she is a PC fan.
Go back a few weeks and you’ll see 72 is a she.
I’m sure there are posters who are PC fans here masquerading as URI fans but 72 is not one of them.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I’m sure there are posters who are PC fans here masquerading as URI fans but 72 is not one of them.
I'm confused. You told Blueman to stop feeding the troll but now you're saying 72 is not a troll and is a she? What post proves this? I looked and I'm not seeing it.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I'm confused. You told Blueman to stop feeding the troll but now you're saying 72 is not a troll and is a she? What post proves this? I looked and I'm not seeing it.
Yes. Blue Man kept telling posters not to talk with 72. Now he’s talking to 72 as much as anyone.

I’m not going to go back and find the post where the She came out, it’s a few weeks ago. If you don’t believe me then fine but it’s in a thread somewhere.

I have no problem with 72. In fact, some of her comments make one think about things from a different perspective. Sure some are head scratchers but so be it. Number of posters here have decreased over the years, don’t need to be running any off imho.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yes. Blue Man kept telling posters not to talk with 72. Now he’s talking to 72 as much as anyone.

I’m not going to go back and find the post where the She came out, it’s a few weeks ago. If you don’t believe me then fine but it’s in a thread somewhere.

I have no problem with 72. In fact, some of her comments make one think about things from a different perspective. Sure some are head scratchers but so be it. Number of posters here have decreased over the years, don’t need to be running any off imho.
Sure this isn't an Abbott and Costello routine. LOL :)
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

No one ever stopped feeding, and with the endless time to fill during the offseason - it does fill the gaps between meetings. I only said to stop feeding because I was 100% convinced 72 is a troll.

I am actually hoping 72 is a troll at this point. Otherwise...woof.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No one ever stopped feeding, and with the endless time to fill during the offseason - it does fill the gaps between meetings. I only said to stop feeding because I was 100% convinced 72 is a troll.

I am actually hoping 72 is a troll at this point. Otherwise...woof.
No they didn’t, but not from lack of being told to.

72 is not near as bad as some of you make her out to be.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

FWIW, this is the post that people are using to identify 72's gender. Frankly, I don't know if they're talking about themselves in third person, or what they're talking about in general. (We've never suspended or banned 72's account, as far as I can tell, so maybe they're talking about the PC Scout board or something else.) Regardless though, this topic is "A10 Outlook for 2022-23," so let's try to steer discussion back to that. Thanks.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And it was a couple weeks ago just as I said she posted.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nice pick up by Fordham with 6’5” SG Noah Best

“Fordham academics are on such an elite level, it puts me in a great position to do something after basketball,” said Best, who also considered Manhattan, Robert Morris, and Bryant.
“Also, it’s home! I love right around the corner from my high school and now I live 15 minutes away from my college. Also, the Fordham chance took a chance on me. They didn’t go into the transfer portal and I’m truly blessed they chose me. Really want to win a championship for my city.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/05/17/for ... noah-best/
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago FWIW, this is the post that people are using to identify 72's gender. Frankly, I don't know if they're talking about themselves in third person, or what they're talking about in general. (We've never suspended or banned 72's account, as far as I can tell, so maybe they're talking about the PC Scout board or something else.) Regardless though, this topic is "A10 Outlook for 2022-23," so let's try to steer discussion back to that. Thanks.
Oh ok ya, that doesn't prove anything. Thanks. Back to the A10!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

You can always count on the three blind mice to attack any poster who questions their thoughtless posts.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

So weak. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

A "Big" day for SLU.
7-footer from Putnam.
Lots of size upfront.

So...does Cisse tweet out #commiteduncommittedcommitted ?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Lunardi Early Bracket 2023 - much better seeds for the 2 teams than in 2022

6-seed Dayton-AQ
8-seed St Louis

Next 4 out:
Loyola Chicago
VCU

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NM
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Not really a neutral site game. Indianapolis is 70 miles from West Lafayette, IN where Purdue is located and over 400 miles from Davidson, NC. This will basically be another home game for the Boilermakers.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago
Not really a neutral site game. Indianapolis is 70 miles from West Lafayette, IN where Purdue is located and over 400 miles from Davidson, NC. This will basically be another home game for the Boilermakers.
Yes, that's what I thought.
Not really a neutral site by any means.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d take this game in a heartbeat if I was Davidson - and they did.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Of course, can't blame them for taking this game,

Probably a decent payday, national coverage against a top P6 program.

Granted they will be a major underdog against a partisan crowd.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Doesn’t Davidson travel well? Maybe they’ll have a good crowd there.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That actually brings up a solid question. Are they really getting a good payday for this or are they getting a significantly smaller or non-existent payday because it's a "neutral site game"?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Doesn’t Davidson travel well? Maybe they’ll have a good crowd there.

I highly doubt they travel well. Davidson is a small school with less than 2,000 undergraduates and no graduate programs. They typically only average about 4,000 most seasons at home and finished this past season at just 3,209 (some 1,600 behind URI). They were 8th for attendance in the A-10 in the last season prior to Covid. Their fanbase is not especially large.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

That actually brings up a solid question. Are they really getting a good payday for this or are they getting a significantly smaller or non-existent payday because it's a "neutral site game"?
Very good question 02, I don't know.

Not sure how the revenue is divided including media coverage.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If I got zero pay for the Purdue game I’d still take it in a heartbeat if I was Davidson. Any money would be a bonus. Wish URI had games like this - someday soon I hope
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago If I got zero pay for the Purdue game I’d still take it in a heartbeat if I was Davidson. Any money would be a bonus. Wish URI had games like this - someday soon I hope
Why would we want to get bought out without getting money? Worst of every world. If they gave us a return game in Boston, Mohegan Sun, or New York then sure, I guess
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago If I got zero pay for the Purdue game I’d still take it in a heartbeat if I was Davidson. Any money would be a bonus. Wish URI had games like this - someday soon I hope
Why would we want to get bought out without getting money? Worst of every world. If they gave us a return game in Boston, Mohegan Sun, or New York then sure, I guess
Because P5 Teams hold all the cards now.

Take these games while you can. Whatever deal McKinnon got I’m sure it was the best he could do.

Not many more years before there is an FBS and an FSC for Basketball.

P5’s and Football Money - Cartel is gaining power so take what you can get now just as McKinnon did with this Purdue opportunity.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Take these games while you can. Whatever deal McKinnon got I’m sure it was the best he could do.

P5’s and Football Money - Cartel is gaining power so take what you can get now just as McKinnon did with this Purdue opportunity.
I still don’t believe that we will ever get to FCS and FBS level split - yes the money is getting tough to compete with but at the end of the season the big guys will be playing the small guys in the tournament because that is what brings in viewers. St Peter’s reminds everyone of that. Only if smaller schools start actually winning the championship will we maybe see a split, but that will never happen. Plus one of the biggest college basketball programs (Gonzaga) by conference would be a FCS level school, no way.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Lunardi Early Bracket 2023 - much better seeds for the 2 teams than in 2022

6-seed Dayton-AQ
8-seed St Louis

Next 4 out:
Loyola Chicago
VCU

He is missing Rhody! We will be in the conversation, book it. Also, not having Davidson on that list somewhere seems wrong as well.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Lunardi Early Bracket 2023 - much better seeds for the 2 teams than in 2022

6-seed Dayton-AQ
8-seed St Louis

Next 4 out:
Loyola Chicago
VCU

He is missing Rhody! We will be in the conversation, book it. Also, not having Davidson on that list somewhere seems wrong as well.
Davidson should be decent, but they don't belong on that list.
Lost A10 POY Brajkovic, Lee, and Jones.
They do bring back Loyer, Mennenga, and Huffman plus added transfers Skogman and Kochera.
Also freshmen recruit bigs: Bailey and Reed.

GM returns 3 of their top scorers: Oduro, Cooper, and Gaines.
Plus they added some nice recruits.

If Burton returns for Richmond, they could make noise.

We won't even be in the discussion for 22-23.

Take it easy on the Limoncello.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Maybe there should be a separate thread for "we'll be in the conversation" talk, as such thought and utterance is often quashed and clearly not well received everywhere... 8-) :lol:
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Maybe there should be a separate thread for "we'll be in the conversation" talk, as such thought and utterance is often quashed and clearly not well received everywhere... 8-) :lol:
Can you give us a breakdown on why this roster is a tournament team? Basketball reasons…Not trying to be a dick I’m honestly asking because based on how young we are I don’t see it.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I think most of us are of the cautiously optimistic but aren’t expecting to dance next year.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago I think most of us are of the cautiously optimistic but aren’t expecting to dance next year.
I was cautiously optimistic last year. Look where it got us.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I still don’t believe that we will ever get to FCS and FBS level split - yes the money is getting tough to compete with but at the end of the season the big guys will be playing the small guys in the tournament because that is what brings in viewers. St Peter’s reminds everyone of that. Only if smaller schools start actually winning the championship will we maybe see a split, but that will never happen. Plus one of the biggest college basketball programs (Gonzaga) by conference would be a FCS level school, no way.
Besides viewers, I think the small schools bring bettors, too. I often underestimate Vegas’ impact on college bb and the tourney, especially, as I am not a bettor.

I go back and forth on the potential of a FCS/FBS type split for college bb. I am hoping there are enough differences between the two sports to delay or prevent it altogether.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago I think most of us are of the cautiously optimistic but aren’t expecting to dance next year.
I’m in that club,74.

In the words of George Bush, the younger…Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, don’t fool me again. Or, something to that affect.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

Besides viewers, I think the small schools bring bettors, too. I often underestimate Vegas’ impact on college bb and the tourney, especially, as I am not a bettor.

I go back and forth on the potential of a FCS/FBS type split for college bb. I am hoping there are enough differences between the two sports to delay or prevent it altogether.
As someone who has been to Vegas for the first 2 rounds a handful of times, there is no way they change the tournament format.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I will take the first 3 rounds of the tourney over the football national championship playoff all day long. And, I enjoy football but those first few weeks of March Madness are the best, hands down.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I will take the first 3 rounds of the tourney over the football national championship playoff all day long. And, I enjoy football but those first few weeks of March Madness is the best, hands down.
100% agree on that. St Peter's this year is exactly why there won't be split. I'm willing to bet their games got more viewers than if the game was with Kentucky
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I will take the first 3 rounds of the tourney over the football national championship playoff all day long. And, I enjoy football but those first few weeks of March Madness is the best, hands down.
💯💯💯
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Frank Martin picks up a talented wing '22

0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago
I’m in that club,74.

In the words of George Bush, the younger…Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, don’t fool me again. Or, something to that affect.
Being optimistic that a Dave Cox team was going to do well after all we had seen, was stupid and is a personal problem.

Being purposely pessimistic that an Archie Miller team is going to disappoint because a Dave Cox team did is also really stupid and lacks logic.

I don’t see us as an NCAA team, but I think we’ll be a good team.

Please just don’t compare this team to any team in the last 4 years.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Frank Martin picks up a talented wing '22

Solid get. Not a Brandon Weston type get but a solid 3 star player that could be a nice starter for them eventually
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

yes, but he's ten thousand and twelve percent committed, so there's that.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'