David N'Guessan (VT ---> Kansas State)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

David N'Guessan (VT ---> Kansas State)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PF-6'9", 205
Baltimore MD via the Netherlands
3 years of eligibility
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Re: David N'Guessan (VT----> ?)

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago
Definitely intriguing. This would be a Kenny Johnson guy.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Worried about K-St the most here, the rest of them Archie can beat easily
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

This would seem to be a good get. In order to be at least competitive next year we have to have someone who can rebound and protect the rim. It's exciting to think we are going to see fast paced offense, but someone needs to get the rebound to fuel that offense. 2 of this type of player that will give serviceable minutes from the get go is what I'm hoping for. In Archie we trust. Is it November yet??
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Worried about K-St the most here, the rest of them Archie can beat easily
interesting Tech is on the list.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bkoeppen wrote: 1 year ago
Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Worried about K-St the most here, the rest of them Archie can beat easily
interesting Tech is on the list.
Hasn't closed the door on returning.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He's a very athletic 6'9". Add a little more muscle and he'll be a force.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

NO DOUBT !!!!

IN ARCHIE I TRUST !
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago NO DOUBT !!!!

IN ARCHIE I TRUST !
Is this a Khristian Lander "no doubt" or a Brandon Weston "no doubt"?
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

THIS IS THE ECR NO DOUBT

you are a doubter

NO KOOL AID LIMONCELLO FOR YOU !
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

for the record "no doubt" is for my belief in archie and the ncaa next year

just so we are straight :)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think he goes to Kstate but I hope i'm wrong!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago for the record "no doubt" is for my belief in archie and the ncaa next year

Even with N'Guessan no NCAAT for us in 2023.
1 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think he goes to Kstate but I hope i'm wrong!
Is your Kstate prediction based on any evidence or facts, or is it just a hunch?
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago for the record "no doubt" is for my belief in archie and the ncaa next year

False - N’Guessan is the missing link. An experienced big to go with a lot of high potential bigs.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Who wants to party w this guy ^^^

:)

Come on - drink the kool aid !
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago

False - N’Guessan is the missing link. An experienced big to go with a lot of high potential bigs.
RLaw you also drinking some of that Limoncello Kool-Aid?

I just would like to know what teams you drinkers think we will finish ahead of and how many bids the A10 will get?
Actually this should move to the A10 outlook thread.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

False - N'Guessan is the missing link. An experienced big to go with a lot of high potential bigs.
He still needs some time to develop. He won't be a game-changer in year 1. So we need to temper our expectations or a lot of you will be very disappointed. It's going to be a blast when everything clicks for our young guys, and we will see flashes of it next year, but we are going to have growing pains as well.

We'll be good when we're good.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Going to be one hell of prediction contest this year.
1 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think he goes to Kstate but I hope i'm wrong!
Visited k-state yesterday I believe
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

STC wrote: 1 year ago Going to be one hell of prediction contest this year.
There’s no doubt in my mind someone will pick us to be 27-4, be absolutely shocked when we lose five games the first month of the season, and then pissed off and say the season is a disappointment.
3 x
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

False - N'Guessan is the missing link. An experienced big to go with a lot of high potential bigs.
He still needs some time to develop. He won't be a game-changer in year 1. So we need to temper our expectations or a lot of you will be very disappointed. It's going to be a blast when everything clicks for our young guys, and we will see flashes of it next year, but we are going to have growing pains as well.

He walks in the door as a serviceable big - played almost 15 minutes a game in the ACC and did fine. That is what we need next year. We have 3 freshmen bigs right now, I think we can count on 1 of those guys coming in and providing 15-20 minutes a game. We need an experienced big - one that has massive upside potential would be a cherry on top.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

He walks in the door as a serviceable big - played almost 15 minutes a game in the ACC and did fine. That is what we need next year. We have 3 freshmen bigs right now, I think we can count on 1 of those guys coming in and providing 15-20 minutes a game. We need an experienced big - one that has massive upside potential would be a cherry on top.
I would be extremely happy if we get him, a serviceable big with experience is what we need.

But by getting him here, that still doesn't even come close to putting us in the NCAAT discussion for 22-23.

Our team is very young and it will take a little time.

I think you are really underestimating how much better some of the upper tier A10 teams are than us.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
There’s no doubt in my mind someone will pick us to be 27-4, be absolutely shocked when we lose five games the first month of the season, and then pissed off and say the season is a disappointment.
This is true. Look at some of the ridiculous predictions from last years team. I think it is assumed because Archie is here that we will just make the tournament and roll despite who is in the lineup. You can tell that he is bringing in a lot of guys with 3 years eligibility which means next year will be a bridge to better things.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ElmCity was going to pick 31-0, you just ruined his whole weekend.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

does that include the ncaa wins ^^ ?
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Si
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Yes, we do need a vet big and I didn’t say he wouldn’t help this team. He will. He won’t make us a tournament team in year 1. You said he’s the missing link to lead us to a bid
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
This is true. Look at some of the ridiculous predictions from last years team. I think it is assumed because Archie is here that we will just make the tournament and roll despite who is in the lineup. You can tell that he is bringing in a lot of guys with 3 years eligibility which means next year will be a bridge to better things.
And people will look at this season in black and white and deem it a 100% failure because we don’t make the tournament. They won’t understand Archie is building the foundation for the coming years and this isn’t a quick fix, and the season will not be a waste.

Cue the posters who will scream “NCAA OR BUST, I don’t care the situation Archie inherited, this season is a failure if we don’t make the tournament.”
2 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It took several years for our last coach hired after a firing to turn things around. He had losing seasons his first two years before reaching the NIT in Year 3.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

there will be no "CUT BAIT" posts from me this year if we don't make the ncaa

i am thrilled and believe in archie and yes do believe "we will be good when we are good"

i love that quote and love that we hired archie

unlike our prior head coach, archie is the real deal and i will be patient w him for i fully understand he is building for the long term

let's go rhody !
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I truly expect Miller to have earlier success than Hurley. I believe he is a far superior coach than Dan especially vs the early URI Hurley era.

The stealth recruiting is most excellent. All the “insiders” are utterly stymied!!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago It took several years for our last coach hired after a firing to turn things around. He had losing seasons his first two years before reaching the NIT in Year 3.
I think everything should be accelerated assuming standard injury luck. Archie has more experience than Hurley did, transferring is easier, and a lot of the program background is better than what Hurley took over even if the on-court product they inherited was very similar. Year 1 should be a combination of years 1 and 2, with us looking like the end of Hurley's second year at the end of this year. Basically you'll see the young core coming together on the floor with exciting recruits coming in next year to add to the core. Next year should have us looking like a combination of Hurley's year 3 and year 5 with us being around the tournament bubble, and year 3 should look like the end of Hurley's year 5 and year 6 with our program being all systems go
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago It took several years for our last coach hired after a firing to turn things around. He had losing seasons his first two years before reaching the NIT in Year 3.
I think everything should be accelerated assuming standard injury luck. Archie has more experience than Hurley did, transferring is easier, and a lot of the program background is better than what Hurley took over even if the on-court product they inherited was very similar. Year 1 should be a combination of years 1 and 2, with us looking like the end of Hurley's second year at the end of this year. Basically you'll see the young core coming together on the floor with exciting recruits coming in next year to add to the core. Next year should have us looking like a combination of Hurley's year 3 and year 5 with us being around the tournament bubble, and year 3 should look like the end of Hurley's year 5 and year 6 with our program being all systems go
The only thing that concerns me about getting exciting recruits next year is that if we have a full roster this year and everybody that is still eligible stays, we only will have one roster spot open. Probably unlikely, but not out of the question.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago I truly expect Miller to have earlier success than Hurley. I believe he is a far superior coach than Dan especially vs the early URI Hurley era.

The stealth recruiting is most excellent. All the “insiders” are utterly stymied!!
I agree that the success will come faster for Archie than it did for Dan but not because of the gap in the coaching acumen. I think the key driver of the faster success is the school's commitment to the program that Dan didn't have.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And the existence of the Portal with no 1-year sit out penalty enables quicker rebuilds than when Hurley was here
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago And the existence of the Portal with no 1-year sit out penalty enables quicker rebuilds than when Hurley was here
True Ramster, but that works both ways, the new rule can also hurt you, especially the mid-majors.

If you look at the portal this past year, the A10 didn't fare too well.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago And the existence of the Portal with no 1-year sit out penalty enables quicker rebuilds than when Hurley was here
True Ramster, but that works both ways, the new rule can also hurt you, especially the mid-majors.

Yep. But if you are looking to get back to the NCAA Tournamemt it has to work only one way. What you bring in must be better than what leaves, significantly better.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Yep. But if you are looking to get back to the NCAA Tournamemt it has to work only one way. What you bring in must be better than what leaves, significantly better.
Time will tell, how that works out.

I do like Archie's approach in building primarily through HS/prep recruits.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

I would be extremely happy if we get him, a serviceable big with experience is what we need.

But by getting him here, that still doesn't even come close to putting us in the NCAAT discussion for 22-23.

Our team is very young and it will take a little time.

I think you are really underestimating how much better some of the upper tier A10 teams are than us.
I don’t know - I see a lot of moving pieces in the A10 this off season. Half the Bonnie’s team is gone, Richmond graduated a bunch of players, other teams have lost key pieces and have new faces as well. I definitely like our outlook long term, but with a few key pieces we could be succeed both long term and next year. N’Guessan and Ant Harris come here we are a bubble team next year.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Where we stand today, I am also excited about the potential of all the new pieces added but I am still hesitant as to the timing of success and what it will look like the first year (too many variables for me to look beyond next season). Therefore, I will be patient or, try hard to be patient.

My hesitancy is because I cannot underestimate the adjustment the HS recruits - and maybe the inexperienced transfers - will have to go through related to high level college bb regarding physicality, speed, maturity, commitment, confidence. Imo, it is unlikely in year one for new recruits on a consistent basis.

That said, I do think that this staff has the capability to fast forward development so, I reserve the opportunity to be pleasantly surprised by A10 tourney time next season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago I truly expect Miller to have earlier success than Hurley. I believe he is a far superior coach than Dan especially vs the early URI Hurley era.

I know, that's awesome. And, this team is going to perform way above everyone's expectations.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

I agree that the success will come faster for Archie than it did for Dan but not because of the gap in the coaching acumen. I think the key driver of the faster success is the school's commitment to the program that Dan didn't have.
No doubt a factor the perfect basketball storm is in place. This is where I’ve dreamed we should be. So close so many times…

Get some RC WIFI and we’re ready to roll

:)
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

UMass, c’mon now?!?!
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago UMass, c’mon now?!?!
Really??? F..I think he will be good in A10
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

I looked at both his twitter and instagram accounts, he hasn't posted any commitment decision as of this afternoon.
The post up above about UMass is kind of misleading, I thought he committed to UMass.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

He’s not going to UMass, let’s be real here
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago UMass, c’mon now?!?!
Really??? F..I think he will be good in A10
I haven't seen anything about him committing to UMass.
0 x