'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: Anthony Harris

Unread post by Running Ram »

Quarters is my first and still my favorite, it's the king of drinking games. I'll bounce that quarter into a shot glass from 7 feet away. Let's get dirrunck!!!
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago I dont begrudge these kids their social media habits - they’re allowed to be a part of their own generation and participate in whatever the specific norms are to be a part of that. I also don’t enjoy it as content and for that reason I don’t follow it and pretend it doesn’t exist.
TP, good points. I get it.

I used to get turned off by the NC comment. You all make sense and I now see it differently.

As I get older, I notice the generational differences more. It makes me put on my thinking cap to try to understand the context better. I especially notice it between my daughters and me with colloquialisms. Mine are dated but I assume they understand until I get the confused look they give me and I figure I better explain myself. :D
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Colloquialisms and modern day kid aside. These guys are marketing themselves/seeking employment. What advantage is gained by the NC comment? There's money involved, so you'd think, there'd be some thought, while you're trying to git some...to not looking like a dork. If anything, you lose leverage, because the school you JUST visited, gets an NC dropped on them is probably thinking, "ok, whatever, hope you enjoyed the lobster roll, dork." (Btw, had one at Lobster Bar in Newport today. Good, just not $30 good. Thankfully was a vendor invite.)

I don't follow any of it, the only place I see it is here and it seems like flushing money. Are there any good instances of posted "NC"s that eventually committed to the place they dropped the NC on? (Does that happen? HAs it happened here?) And, how do they do that... do they re-post their NC and add "PSYCH!! Kidding! #Totes committed now! Serious!" I say, visit a place, thank 'em if ya want, and let everyone wonder.
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Again- They only look like a "dork" to you (ironically still using the word dork?)

Posting the picture along with the "Go Team Name" is a way of acknowledging the team/fan base. It is a way of thanking them for taking the time to provide you with the opportunity to visit and learn more about their program. You are also showing your friends/family/fans that you have visited that school and are considering it. They are showing that they enjoyed the visit, but are wisely not at a point of committing during the visit. Rash commitments are part of the reason the transfer portal is so high. I am shocked at how out of touch you are, and even more amazed that you continue to double down.
5 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Does the Weston commitment stop the pursuit of Harris?
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I wouldn't necessarily think so unless there is someone else lined up. In an IDEAL world, I would think we are in a position where we "need" another big, and then a "best available". That would put us at 12.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago I wouldn't necessarily think so unless there is someone else lined up. In an IDEAL world, I would think we are in a position where we "need" another big, and then a "best available". That would put us at 12.
Agree
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I think if Harris joins the Rams, that might "push out" another guard?
0 x
GO RAMS
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

I think Harris is worth the risk (health history) and gives us big reward if it works. I am really hoping he is the next to commit. He gives us another big physical guard to pair up with Bray and Brandon. He would give us much needed flexibility being able to play the one and two. A healthy Harris makes us a really good backcourt. He is a defensive menace and plays a strong game. He puts pressure on the defense and can score at three levels.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Don't think this is happening
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago Don't think this is happening
Would agree. Running out of minutes for guards
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

I just hung up with a good friend of mine who has some solid connections/sources at UNC. He told me we are favored to land Harris at the moment. Don't like that Iggy is saying the opposite tho.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Thinking about it more & more we did play with 6 guards last year and it’s good to have depth than less, and with a guard who’s played for a blue blood, but at the same time i am worried about the minutes, am worried that it would probably Louis & Sebastian getting the short end of this stick if he comes
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Thinking about it more & more we did play with 6 guards last year and it’s good to have depth than less, and with a guard who’s played for a blue blood, but at the same time i am worried about the minutes, am worried that it would probably Louis & Sebastian getting the short end of this stick if he comes
Given their respective performances last year, I kind of think Freeman is the only one with a decent lock on a starting job. For everyone else, I think they're going to have to fight for their minutes, because there are so many unknowns on the roster right now. (Meaning - It wouldn't surprise me if Leggett bounces back, or if Thomas improves his shot enough to start, or if Hutchinson's length means he starts day one, etc.) If Harris signs, that makes the competition even more intense.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago Again- They only look like a "dork" to you (ironically still using the word dork?)

Posting the picture along with the "Go Team Name" is a way of acknowledging the team/fan base. It is a way of thanking them for taking the time to provide you with the opportunity to visit and learn more about their program. You are also showing your friends/family/fans that you have visited that school and are considering it. They are showing that they enjoyed the visit, but are wisely not at a point of committing during the visit. Rash commitments are part of the reason the transfer portal is so high. I am shocked at how out of touch you are, and even more amazed that you continue to double down.
You can just say, yeah, it's stupid and unnecessary and leave it at that. That you are doubling down on it as something of justifiable use or value and are trying to explain that is quite humorous actually. ;)
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Stevey posted the pics from Harris’ visit to UCF 2-3 days ago.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow love it! So much for leaving those scholarships open I guess!

If Harris and Weston are both able to stay healthy and overcome previous injuries our backcourt could be dangerous!
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

YES!!! That's the one I wanted!
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Let's go!!!!!!!!!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

2 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Damn!!!!! Way to fill out a roster Coaches!!!!!! Fantastic!!!
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

72, should I not be excited about this get either?

I love Archie Miller!!!!
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Outstanding. Go Rhody!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago 72, should I not be excited about this get either?

I love Archie Miller!!!!
I am pumped.

Hopefully his injuries are behind him, still has 3 years eligibility.

Great upside was a consensus 4* top 75 recruit in 2019.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Wooooooohoooooooooo!

Let’s gooooo!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Wow love it! So much for leaving those scholarships open I guess!

If Harris and Weston are both able to stay healthy and overcome previous injuries our backcourt could be dangerous!
I think KC reclasses to ‘23.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Very excited with this one! Risk but the reward will be HUGE!
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Nice work.

Let’s go!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

His only weakness right now is his outside shot. He does everything else EXTREMELY well, on both ends of the court.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

woah
0 x
GO RAMS
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

spar wrote: 1 year ago I just hung up with a good friend of mine who has some solid connections/sources at UNC. He told me we are favored to land Harris at the moment. Don't like that Iggy is saying the opposite tho.
Looks like I owe my source a beer...
8 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Anyone ready to believe we’re going to be good yet?
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Besides the person who hires a lot of people and excels at free throw instruction I don’t think there is a person here who doesn’t think Archie will eventually have us back at the top of the league…eventually.
7 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by CamsRams »

Harris has three years of eligibility remaining, as 2019-20 was a redshirt year, 2020-21 was a COVID year, so he gets it back, and this past season counts as his freshman year.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Our guard play was atrocious last year…

We now have 3 former top 100 guards (Weston, Harris, Carey), an A-10 all freshmen guard (Bray), and very serviceable existing pieces (Ish, Thomas).

Add Malik as a combo G/F and I really like the depth in a guard oriented league. We don’t need our bigs to score more than normal put-backs, layups, and dunks. Defense will be more important.

I think we can surprise some teams next year and don’t think a top 5 A10 finish is out of the question once we get through some growing pains in the OOC.
7 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Anyone ready to believe we’re going to be good yet?
They will definitely be very good at some point. It feels like next year will be the transition year as the front court is still a complete mystery with guys who will need time to grow and get up to this level of play. Great job on retooling the backcourt for sure with most of the players having 3 years of eligibility or more
2 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

You have to walk before you can run, but these Rams are gonna be running on day 1!!!!!

Anthony Harris, welcome to the Running Rams family.

4 guard lineups all year is going to be exciting to watch. Going to run teams right out of the gym.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i might need more convincing :lol:

NO DOUBT !
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago You have to walk before you can run, but these Rams are gonna be running on day 1!!!!!

Anthony Harris, welcome to the Running Rams family.

4 guard lineups all year is going to be exciting to watch. Going to run teams right out of the gym.

let's goooo

nothing like multiple shooting options !

the RUNNIN' RAMS are back !!!!!
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Most of us believe it - most disagree on the timeline.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

And we were worried that we had so many openings a little while ago.

HA!

Somehow I'm more confident that Archie's recruits will turn out better than the previous coach's.

lol
6 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago And we were worried that we had so many openings a little while ago.

HA!

Somehow I'm more confident that Archie's recruits will turn out better than the previous coach's.

lol
Bone, I have gone through a complete perception flip compared to the previous staff. I’m looking forward to the reality to follow, sooner or later.
0 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Love this pickup!! Tough nosed competitor with very good size. If he returns to health, this may be the best pick up of the off season. As one who was very underwhelmed with our guards last year, we really have improved there tremendously with Harris and Freeman. And I like the additions to the wings as well with Weston and Hutchinson. Health is a concern with both, but if healthy they should both be very good players. The bigs are young, except Bilau so that may take some time which is not unexpected. But basketball today is a guard and wing sport more than ever, and very happy with the improvements made there. Welcome Ant to URI!
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

4Diffs wrote: 1 year ago Love this pickup!! Tough nosed competitor with very good size. If he returns to health, this may be the best pick up of the off season. As one who was very underwhelmed with our guards last year, we really have improved there tremendously with Harris and Freeman. And I like the additions to the wings as well with Weston and Hutchinson. Health is a concern with both, but if healthy they should both be very good players. The bigs are young, except Bilau so that may take some time which is not unexpected. But basketball today is a guard and wing sport more than ever, and very happy with the improvements made there. Welcome Ant to URI!
Good stuff, 4.

Good length at all 3 levels, too (backcourt, wings and front court). The defense will be frustrating to play against. The length could really disrupt passing lanes and opponent 3 point percentage at times.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Do you guys and ladies think the players that are coming in are trying to have a Rhody transition year? Hecks no! They want to be good, they want to win. So we shall see...
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just think we have Arch to coach these kids up too so we could be a bit ahead of schedule also
0 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

No one had Davidson or Dayton doing anything this last season and look what happened. #whynotus
0 x