‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Nebraska)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: ‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Nebraska)

Unread post by RamStock »

Slim wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago Ironic that he throws the negative comments at URI. He was enrolled in 6 high schools/preps in 4 years. Hargrove would’ve been #7 in 5 years. Nebraska is the 3rd college he has committed to. So he made a commitment to ten schools in 5 yeas. And URI is a mess 🤦‍♀️
Mmmmmmm. Your stance has changed I see. I said all this few years ago, but it wasn’t received very well here. I’ll say it again and again, but hopefully this young man finds the proper guidance.

Crazy world and times right now, so I wish all these young men the best. Social media has been a blessing/curse to some. College Basketball is no joke it will either make you or break you!
I don’t think Rhody83 was ever a big fan of Wood from what I recall. Once the recruiters and coaches started to watch Wood play he went from around 100 to the closer to the 400th ranked player. His height is one factor that still intrigued coaches. We are so much better off with the players we got in place of Wood.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Kind of tough to argue that we were not a mess when he de-committed. However, with all the changes I don’t know that he would have gotten the PT to develop the way he needs. He could be a good player. If I was his advisor I would have had him go to a lower level program with a good coach, play a lot and gain experience. If he improves then transfer up.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Nebraska has had 12 players transfer out in the last 2 years.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yes, Including Amir Harris (which I earlier posted) who decommitted from URI and transferred back home to GW after 1 year at Nebraska. There is a good possibility that Wood may follow that same path.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

The facts are the facts but a lot of the attrition was due to a coaching change - Tim Miles out, Fred Hoiberg in. Hoiberg cleaned house when he got there.

Here was a quote regarding Amir Harris: "Harris — who told The World-Herald last week he planned on returning next season — was called by coaches over the weekend and informed he no longer had a spot on the team, sources told The World-Herald. Davis was told the same information late last week."

Hoiberg has a big enough name, especially in the mid-west, that I think it would be surprising if he didn't turn Nebraska around.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Hoiberg inherited some of the previous staff recruits and players and wanted to clean house, bringing in players that fit his system. They are very optimistic on their new roster and many in the BIG 10 and Midwest think that Nebraska will be a force in the near future especially with all their new facilities.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

He had 3 players from his first recruiting class transfer out already. Not criticizing, but they are dealing with the messiness of the new normal same as us.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Wood was a late pickup for them due to the open roster spot left by transfer Kobe King opting out. Supposedly Wood is friendly with Trey McGowens who transferred to Nebraska from Pitt.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree on Hoiberg , I think he will get Nebraska to at least middle of the pack or better in a couple of years
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I got curious as to how he was doing, when looking up stuff on Berry just now - Wood has logged 29 minutes in six games, and hasn't played since Dec. 30. A dozen of those minutes came against Doane, a D-II or JC in Nebraska that the Cornhuskers beat by 50ish. The Huskers are 4-9, 0-6 in conference play.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago I got curious as to how he was doing, when looking up stuff on Berry just now - Wood has logged 29 minutes in six games, and hasn't played since Dec. 30. A dozen of those minutes came against Doane, a D-II or JC in Nebraska that the Cornhuskers beat by 50ish. The Huskers are 4-9, 0-6 in conference play.
The Huskers were on pause for awhile postponed 5 games. The original intent was to redshirt Wood, but after the players were granted a free year they decided to play him very sparingly. The Huskers much like us are going through a complete roster turnover and trying to figure things out.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Transfer portal
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bos8 wrote: 3 years agoTransfer portal
He is the 4th player from Nebraska to leave this season
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The least shocking of anyone in the portal.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago The least shocking of anyone in the portal.
Yes, not surprising kept the bench warm.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Tony Romo and Jimmy G love it! 😁
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Reason number 790 why I won't be paying attention to recruiting rankings anymore.
0 x
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Bump! For Eastern Illinois, Wood played their first five games - two starts, 12.4 MPG, 2.6 PPG, and all other stats at 1.0 or less. He then decided to transfer again.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Good lord
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Some of the guys Cox got involved with are very questionable in hindsight.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: ‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Rhode Island Commit)

Slim wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I respect the concern. Even from Slim. However, Slim had Matt Balanc as a major contributor on a good D1 team.
We are waiting to see Matt’s results at Quinnipiac. He was also very high on Yazzy Gultekin who signed with VTech and has followed Buzz to Texas A&M - let’s see how he does.

I will take David Cox's evaluation over Slim’s. I also can’t ignore all of the recruiting evaluators who do the ratings.
I believe Coach Cox sees the skills and athletic ability he needs to develop Elijah into a regular rotation player at Rhody.

Lolololol. Your making it personal. The stats from HS/AAu also paint pretty clear picture. 4 HS n 6 AAU teams. For the record Cox is new coach so good luck to him. He was at Rutgers before as Asst correct ? Wasn’t fan of Wally Judge and bunch other local kids who had * next to there names. It happens some kids aren’t as good as the hype. Yes I have seen Wood way more then Cox. Cox is human he can miss on kid and he has before. Part of the business. Wood has never shown well in HS/AAU yet so if you want believe n his upside great I don’t see it. Yes I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

I like Mekhi long , Fatts , Jeff, Tate and few others on the roster. Sorry just never seen Wood”s produce ever. Why wouldnt MD, Va tech, UVA , Mason, GW, Gtown etc all Not offer or make push on him?

Also, since you made it personal Go check Malcolm miller(NBA Raptors Roster) , Zach thomas(Patriot Leg Player of Year 2018), Emmanuel Omgobo (First Team All Moutain West 2017), Jamal Olaswere(Mid Major All American 2015) , Zaid Hearst(2016 MAAC All First Team) just to name few I trust my eyes. Sorry.

With Wood it’s not personal he’s just never done anything. He was potential kid early in HS and hasn’t lived up to it so far. Lack of skill set and toughness to me. Good athlete , and good length, ok IQ not sure that screams success at the next level.
By the way, hat tip to Slim, who was pretty much 100 percent on the nose with his information throughout the thread.
2 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Gotta be one of the most fascinating recruits I can recall.

Seems he’s just not that good, can’t deal with adversity and is getting bad advice on top of that.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Some of the guys Cox got involved with are very questionable in hindsight.
That's what happens when you have twice the transfers of an average program. You start chasing and reaching for players you normally wouldn't, and then things keep compounding from there. People said I was foolish for saying it was a red flag and said it was the new normal. Twice the average is by definition not normal and we see the effects of that in multiple ways now
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Slim wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I respect the concern. Even from Slim. However, Slim had Matt Balanc as a major contributor on a good D1 team.
We are waiting to see Matt’s results at Quinnipiac. He was also very high on Yazzy Gultekin who signed with VTech and has followed Buzz to Texas A&M - let’s see how he does.

I will take David Cox's evaluation over Slim’s. I also can’t ignore all of the recruiting evaluators who do the ratings.
I believe Coach Cox sees the skills and athletic ability he needs to develop Elijah into a regular rotation player at Rhody.

Lolololol. Your making it personal. The stats from HS/AAu also paint pretty clear picture. 4 HS n 6 AAU teams. For the record Cox is new coach so good luck to him. He was at Rutgers before as Asst correct ? Wasn’t fan of Wally Judge and bunch other local kids who had * next to there names. It happens some kids aren’t as good as the hype. Yes I have seen Wood way more then Cox. Cox is human he can miss on kid and he has before. Part of the business. Wood has never shown well in HS/AAU yet so if you want believe n his upside great I don’t see it. Yes I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

I like Mekhi long , Fatts , Jeff, Tate and few others on the roster. Sorry just never seen Wood”s produce ever. Why wouldnt MD, Va tech, UVA , Mason, GW, Gtown etc all Not offer or make push on him?

Also, since you made it personal Go check Malcolm miller(NBA Raptors Roster) , Zach thomas(Patriot Leg Player of Year 2018), Emmanuel Omgobo (First Team All Moutain West 2017), Jamal Olaswere(Mid Major All American 2015) , Zaid Hearst(2016 MAAC All First Team) just to name few I trust my eyes. Sorry.

With Wood it’s not personal he’s just never done anything. He was potential kid early in HS and hasn’t lived up to it so far. Lack of skill set and toughness to me. Good athlete , and good length, ok IQ not sure that screams success at the next level.
By the way, hat tip to Slim, who was pretty much 100 percent on the nose with his information throughout the thread.

Thank-You. I took lot disrespect on this board over Wood. I’ll say again URI should be all over 2022 Mike Myrie!
2 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Per the below link, Elijah Wood is off to Tallahassee CC.

This now makes 5 schools Wood has been committed to since January 2019. Where will he go next?

Tulane
URI
Nebraska
Eastern Illinois
Tallahassee CC

https://watchstadium.com/every-player-i ... 4-21-2022/
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I feel bad for the kid
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago

Is he better than Aris or Omar? Then it's an upgrade!!!!!!!!
You’re saying no high major school such as “Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Auburn, Georgia, TCU, Florida, Kansas State and Ole Miss.”? Who all offered him.
Look, we have Slim and DC Rams downplaying this signing. Not me. I'm 100% on board!!!!
Just want to call out posters focusing on the number of stars
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
You’re saying no high major school such as “Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Auburn, Georgia, TCU, Florida, Kansas State and Ole Miss.”? Who all offered him.
Look, we have Slim and DC Rams downplaying this signing. Not me. I'm 100% on board!!!!
Call me out all you want. Until you have a better system to rank recruits, I'll go by stars. Give me 10 4* players. Maybe 5 will be busts. But the others will be stars.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Please give me a run down of bad 4* players we have had. Harris for sure. This guy Wood never played for us. EC, Jared were good. Lamar was good. Would love to see a list of freshman 4* players at URI that were bad.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Please give me a run down of bad 4* players we have had. Harris for sure. This guy Wood never played for us. EC, Jared were good. Lamar was good. Would love to see a list of freshman 4* players at URI that were bad.

Tate.

Would have to go look back, but Tate popped into my head right away.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Tate.

I think I asked how he compared to Akele before he committed. He was a 3*.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Tate.

Tate was really a 3*, rated that way by almost every recruiting site except ESPN (4*)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya ESPN sucks. Tate was a 3 star on every site that actually knows what they're doing.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Ram asked to name a 4* who stunk.

Tate was a 4* according to ESPN, thus why I named him.

Funny how we’ll refer to ESPN rankings when it’s positive for us, but now we’re discrediting them for this argument.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Dana Tate was a 4*. So was Long. How/where did they end up?
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Blue Ram asked to name a 4* who stunk.

Tate was a 4* according to ESPN, thus why I named him.

Funny how we’ll refer to ESPN rankings when it’s positive for us, but now we’re discrediting them for this argument.
I used to pay attention to their rankings years ago and realized they don't do nearly as good of a job as 247 or Rivals. My opinion has nothing to do with Dana Tate.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rankings are overrated. Most can’t evaluate talent.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Committed to St. Peter's
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Committed to St. Peter's
This is even odder to me than the Silverio signing by West Virginia! Wood is taking roughly three 3s a game, and shooting them at 25 percent. He shot 39.5 percent overall, and had more turnovers (81) than assists (79). Colby went on a six-game losing streak to end the season, and at one point this year lost 22 of 23 games. They went 5-25 overall. There's pretty much nothing that suggests that he's a D-I player, except that he's 6'6" and was once seen as a promising raw talent.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jeez Elijah !!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
This is even odder to me than the Silverio signing by West Virginia! Wood is taking roughly three 3s a game, and shooting them at 25 percent. He shot 39.5 percent overall, and had more turnovers (81) than assists (79). Colby went on a six-game losing streak to end the season, and at one point this year lost 22 of 23 games. They went 5-25 overall. There's pretty much nothing that suggests that he's a D-I player, except that he's 6'6" and was once seen as a promising raw talent.
Is St. Peter's D1?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Is St. Peter's D1?
They will never repeat last year's success Elite 8.

Wood had quite the journey.
Committed to URI, then to Nebraska playing 13 games (20-21).
Transferred to Eastern Illinois and lasted only 5 games (21-22).
Then transferred to Colby CC (22-23).

Unless he got a medical hardship waiver for 21-22, only has 2 years left, didn't hear he was injured.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Is St. Peter's D1?

Unless he got a medical hardship waiver for 21-22, only has 2 years left, didn't hear he was injured.
He was not injured or sick.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Is St. Peter's D1?

He was not injured or sick.
Then Zags is wrong, only 2 years left (thought so).
Played in games during 21-22 and 22-23. Nebraska was the Covid year.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Is St. Peter's D1?

Uhhhh, you serious?

You can’t be.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Is St. Peter's D1?

Uhhhh, you serious?

You can’t be.
Correct. Not serious. (and neither is Sr. Peter's)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is St. Peter's D1?
Abdul Fox transfer from St. Peter’s to URI in the early 90s
1 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

🤔🤔. Anybody still on this train. Lol .
0 x