'20 NY SG - Femi Odukale (Pittsburgh ---> Seton Hall ---> New Mexico)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: '20 NY SG - Femi Odukale (Pittsburgh ---> ??? )

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 2 years ago I think this is the new normal with Coach Archie. Don't expect to hear updates, they want everything hush hush until the commitment
With his Assistant Coaches as well.

The Tre Mitchell communication more than likely mess reinforced the hush hush concept, if it needed reinforcing at all
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago
WE WANT YOU FEMI!!! LOOK AT ALL THESE OTHER PROGRAMS BRINGING IN OTHER GUARDS. COME TO RHODY!!!!!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

There is a difference with us and the others that are listed to be in his final decision.

URI needs Femi!!!!

The other programs want him.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

wonder if this as Cox’s work. He is from DMV
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Dammit!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

F*ck
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

I’m a big Femi fan and hoping this opening in Hall’s roster doesn’t hurt our chances.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I thought it was already a given that Rhoden wasn’t returning after he played in PIT and made the all tourney team.
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I thought it was already a given that Rhoden wasn’t returning after he played in PIT and made the all tourney team.
It was I don’t know why people freaking out this much, and besides their having that Clemson G on a official visit
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I just got off the phone with my buddy who is a die hard Seton Hall fan and he's confident Dawes will commit after his visit..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Dino611 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I thought it was already a given that Rhoden wasn’t returning after he played in PIT and made the all tourney team.
It was I don’t know why people freaking out this much, and besides their having that Clemson G on a official visit

Also, one other important date aside from the closure of the transfer portal on May 1; is the deadline for withdrawing from the NBA is June 1. The NBA combine is around the third week of May when those declaring for the NBA have their workouts, scrimmages and the important feedback from the coaches and scouts. You never know after the feedback, who might(eg Rhoden) make themselves available again for college BB
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Jared Rhoden is gone. He lost his eligibility to remain in College once he entered the PIT tournament. So it could be literally any date and he would not be able to return. But his time in College is 100% over. This goes for everyone else in that Tournament.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago

Also, one other important date aside from the closure of the transfer portal on May 1; is the deadline for withdrawing from the NBA is June 1. The NBA combine is around the third week of May when those declaring for the NBA have their workouts, scrimmages and the important feedback from the coaches and scouts. You never know after the feedback, who might(eg Rhoden) make themselves available again for college BB
Again the portal doesn't close on May 1, that is just the deadline for those players who qualify for the no-sit rule.
Players can transfer anytime.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

Again the portal doesn't close on May 1, that is just the deadline for those players who qualify for the no-sit rule.
What's the date when players can enter the portal after May 1 to qualify for the no-sit rule? May 2nd?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
McRam wrote: 2 years ago Also, one other important date aside from the closure of the transfer portal on May 1; is the deadline for withdrawing from the NBA is June 1. The NBA combine is around the third week of May when those declaring for the NBA have their workouts, scrimmages and the important feedback from the coaches and scouts. You never know after the feedback, who might(eg Rhoden) make themselves available again for college BB
What's the date when players can enter the portal after May 1 to qualify for the no-sit rule? May 2nd?
What?
First time transfers have to be entered in the portal by May 1st to qualify for the no-sit rule.
After that players who decide to transfer will need to apply for a waiver to be immediately eligible.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Femi and Kadary Richmond are such similar players. Would be odd for him to go there.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago Jared Rhoden is gone. He lost his eligibility to remain in College once he entered the PIT tournament. So it could be literally any date and he would not be able to return. But his time in College is 100% over. This goes for everyone else in that Tournament.

Thanks. Did not know that. They get paid at PIT?
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago Jared Rhoden is gone. He lost his eligibility to remain in College once he entered the PIT tournament. So it could be literally any date and he would not be able to return. But his time in College is 100% over. This goes for everyone else in that Tournament.

Thanks. Did not know that. They get paid at PIT?
I dont think they do. It is more of draft process evaluator type thing. But alot of those players in the PIT were in the 3 on 3 tourney at the weekend of final four. And the winning team does make money from that.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Femi is in NY.. Seton Hall would be my guess but I have no idea.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Doesn’t he live in Brooklyn?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Doesn’t he live in Brooklyn?
I have no idea but if he does that makes me feel a lot better!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Yes, he is from Brooklyn.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
I have no idea but if he does that makes me feel a lot better!
Yes he lives in Brooklyn
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If Femi and Sean are both at home in NY, maybe we can visit both of them on the same trip.
2 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

I woke up this morning thinking today, Friday, just MIGHT be the day we get a committment! Maybe even two this afternoon!! Crazy, but possible? I hope so.

Go Rhody!!
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

We still have 6 players on the roster.

Along with the worst frontcourt in America.

Need players!
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago I woke up this morning thinking today, Friday, just MIGHT be the day we get a committment! Maybe even two this afternoon!! Crazy, but possible? I hope so.

Go Rhody!!
I have resorted to the fact that nobody on this board knows who or when we will get commitments as this staff is tight lipped. I am disappointed there has been a lack of activity versus other nearby teams but I trust Archie and will wait patiently . But , I do agree it would be nice to land someone soon!
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago We still have 6 players on the roster.

Need players!
Totally agree. I'm anxious..

I do like that we are going after some excellent players for the 2023 class. Archie said he wants to build a consistent program, not a one-year fix.

I know many people on here think we will instantly become a tournament team, but I expect us to be mid to bottom A10 team next year while picking up some key recruits for the following season.

I'd rather land some freshman who could become an EC, Hass, JT, and then fill my roster with transfers with 1-2 years left.

We'll see!
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Seton Hall landed 6’5” Louisville transfer Dre Davis today.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago We still have 6 players on the roster.

Need players!
Totally agree. I'm anxious..

I do like that we are going after some excellent players for the 2023 class. Archie said he wants to build a consistent program, not a one-year fix.

I know many people on here think we will instantly become a tournament team, but I expect us to be mid to bottom A10 team next year while picking up some key recruits for the following season.

I'd rather land some freshman who could become an EC, Hass, JT, and then fill my roster with transfers with 1-2 years left.

We'll see!
I agree with both of you in terms of it is extremely aggravating to see programs especially PC and Bryant landing players while we have so many holes. I would prefer to build a program for the long term for sure, but also agree that anyone thinking we going to be at the top of the A-10 with the players we have now playing significant roles is crazy. There is still time and Archie will land guys for sure, but wondering if he has his sites more on 2023 and next year more of a transition year. I guess we will see
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I haven't been paying too close attention to who Bryant signed, but if those players (other than Walker) signed here instead, would you consider them A10 level players and make us a contender? Same for UMass (I know a couple of the UMass signs we were also hoping for). I know it's not easy to see other local schools fill their roster while ours our barren, but filling just for the sake of filling them isn't any better.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I haven't been paying too close attention to who Bryant signed, but if those players (other than Walker) signed here instead, would you consider them A10 level players and make us a contender? Same for UMass (I know a couple of the UMass signs we were also hoping for). I know it's not easy to see other local schools fill their roster while ours our barren, but filling just for the sake of filling them isn't any better.
Bryant other than Walker maybe, maybe not. Not sure about Timberlake. But UMass and Frank Martin has crushed it so far, yes I think several will be impact players in the A10. They have five transfers from P6 programs Louisville, UConn, South Carolina and BC. UMass lucked out tremendously that Martin was fired (stupidly in my opinion) and that Schmidt turned the job down. So much for players not wanting to play for him, he is getting players at a school where no one cares about the basketball team. I like the Miller hire, but I agree with Rhody15 when he says that Martin is a bigger name on the national stage than Miller is. Not saying he is a better coach, but it is closer than many on this board think it is.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I haven't been paying too close attention to who Bryant signed, but if those players (other than Walker) signed here instead, would you consider them A10 level players and make us a contender? Same for UMass (I know a couple of the UMass signs we were also hoping for). I know it's not easy to see other local schools fill their roster while ours our barren, but filling just for the sake of filling them isn't any better.
Bryant other than Walker maybe, maybe not. Not sure about Timberlake. But UMass and Frank Martin has crushed it so far, yes I think several will be impact players in the A10. They have five transfers from P6 programs Louisville, UConn, South Carolina and BC. UMass lucked out tremendously that Martin was fired (stupidly in my opinion) and that Schmidt turned the job down. So much for players not wanting to play for him, he is getting players at a school where no one cares about the basketball team. I like the Miller hire, but I agree with Rhody15 when he says that Martin is a bigger name on the national stage than Miller is. Not saying he is a better coach, but it is closer than many on this board think it is.
Agreed - Martin is certainly killing it at UMass and may be a shorter term success more than Miller and I'll take Miller longer term. I think they were both excellent hires. Like I said, I didn't pay too much attention to who signed with UMass. My larger point is I'd rather be signing the right players vs. just signing someone to fill out a roster.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Martin reminds me a little of Harrick. He has a slick willy feeling. He got two players to come with him from S Carolina who were probably worried about staying there. He also got at least one player with only a year of eligibility. Archie isn’t interested in any one year (eligibility) transfers.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Anyone that is comparing URI’s transfer signees to PC’s needs a reality check.
PC - top 20 team, made the sweet 16, Cooley National COY, plays in Big East.
URI - losing record in the A10.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
Martin reminds me a little of Harrick. He has a slick willy feeling. He got two players to come with him from S Carolina who were probably worried about staying there. He also got at least one player with only a year of eligibility. Archie isn’t interested in any one year (eligibility) transfers.
I would think he'd want a couple of one year guys. If not, and he has a 13 man roster this upcoming season, that only leaves one spot open for '23s, as Malik would be the only non-returnee (assuming there are no players on this year's roster who transfer out).
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

URI will not have 13 scholarship players this year. My guess is 11 max. Archie said scholarship players not in the rotation just get frustrated - insinuating that they then transfer. He mentioned wanting to have an opening throughout the year in case a player becomes available (mid-year transfer).
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Timberlake, who transferred from Memphis, was a top 40 recruit out of high school that similar to Jalen Carey has not produced up to his billing as of yet. If he was transferring to URI people on the board would be going crazy with excitement, but since he went to Bryant his failures were pointed out. In terms of Cramer from Hofstra, he was on the all freshman team and Edert, who performed on the big stage at St Peter’s, but didn’t by any means dominate in the season are good gets for Bryant’s level. Both guys could play at URI as I see no one on this team other than Freeman that has done anything of note on URI. I’m not saying we want them or that was the route Archie is going, but Bryant has also gotten a few other players and have had a successful off season for them. Agree on not just filling the roster to have 13 players, but I think that it is more that I just am not as big a fan as some with the returning players.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Anyone that is comparing URI’s transfer signees to PC’s needs a reality check.
PC - top 20 team, made the sweet 16, Cooley National COY, plays in Big East.
URI - losing record in the A10.
I’m not sure I am comparing ourselves against PC, although up until last year everyone pointed out how Cooley and PC couldn’t win a tournament game, but UMASS, Bryant and other A-10 teams we should certainly be able to compare ourselves with. I think as you mentioned that they will leave some scholarships open and that next year will be more of a transition year for URI and to lower our expectations. The good thing in college basketball, unlike football, is things can change quick getting a couple big players.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I consider SH definitely out now
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

If Dawe's does commit, they will be extremely crowded at guard (they already are).

The longer this goes, more teams may get involved.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

If Dawe's does commit, they will be extremely crowded at guard (they already are).

The longer this goes, more teams may get involved.
Or he realizes we are the best program for him and commits.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Or…wait for it…he’s waiting for some $$$
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

BAR is reading my mind
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

One of the things a I hate about pro sports is all the BS and whining about contracts and CBA agreements, now here we are. Money does tend to ruin quite a bit.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Looks like it's time to descend down the rabbit hole.
0 x