'20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri ---> Austin Peay ---> Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Re: '20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri > ???)

Unread post by Dino611 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Dino611 wrote: 2 years ago

Femi
No way because Femi is a guard and Sean is more of a forward but what do I know I’ll sit back and wait
So what? Sean is a wing. Femi can play the 1-3. Femi is a BIG guard. From watching Sean's game tape, he looks to be a lot closer to 6'5 than 6'7. They look very close in height. Plus, we have so many unknowns. Does Archie only want one out of these two? Who would be his top choice? The obvious answer is Femi. Maybe Archie only views Sean as a wing, and he feels like he's set at that position with two big guards like Carey and Femi and a traditional wing in Malik. If Archie is being honest with Sean about where they stand, I respect the hell out of that. Compared to let's get him to commit and promise him minutes and then recruit over him the first chance we get.

We also don't know what Duru wants in a team. Maybe he wants to be a starting wing on a team? Will he get that if we land Femi? Would he be willing to play the 4? There are WAYY too many question marks for you or anyone to say "No way" all because one is more of a guard and the other is a wing.

My question to you is what other player would it be? Femi is the only other player that we know that has us in his final 5.
I agree if it was in between the two I’d take Femi in a heartbeat just didn’t think Sean was the backup to Femi but shows what I know

My answer is I have no clue as to whom it could be if there is another wing were going after, unless it’s a Kenny Johnson recruit and we have heard about like Iggy said he likes to work in the shadows but who knows, all I want is 85% of the roster completed by May 23/24th
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Isn't Archie supposed to be visiting Sean this week ? why is there all of this speculation about a commitment . It would make sense to me that a commitment would come after that home visit . I see no sense to getting anxious about the commitment until after the home visit . There is no
reason to believe that either party has lost interest at this point . Haven't we all been trough this before ? Patience .
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

luke wrote: 2 years ago Isn't Archie supposed to be visiting Sean this week ? why is there all of this speculation about a commitment . It would make sense to me that a commitment would come after that home visit . I see no sense to getting anxious about the commitment until after the home visit . There is no
reason to believe that either party has lost interest at this point . Haven't we all been trough this before ? Patience .
Who knows. Femi was also supposed to visit and it was crickets after. I’m assuming we are still visiting him. We shall see
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I like those shorts
2AD0D1BB-AFF1-4F3B-9804-140611A9FB62.jpeg
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

I'd be pretty shocked if we don't land this kid. We know he visited once. He posted that North Providence tagged picture. He posted this. We heard there is a visit at his home this week....I'm just lost as to why he hasn't committed. Maybe Archie wants to out do UMASS and PC and get 2 to 3 guys in 1 day? Telling him not to announce. I have no idea.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ElbertC2020 wrote: 2 years ago I'd be pretty shocked if we don't land this kid. We know he visited once. He posted that North Providence tagged picture. He posted this. We heard there is a visit at his home this week....I'm just lost as to why he hasn't committed. Maybe Archie wants to out do UMASS and PC and get 2 to 3 guys in 1 day? Telling him not to announce. I have no idea.
Or we are still waiting to hear from another recruit before we commit to Sean...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I have my doubts about holding off on Sean.

We have 6-7 openings...I know if I was a recruit, and I wanted to come here but was told [or found out]it depends on another committing, I would look elsewhere.

Some recruits take more time to make up their minds.

I'm sure Archie wants guys who WANT to come here...if they aren't all in, then move on.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I have my doubts about holding off on Sean.

We have 6-7 openings...I know if I was a recruit, and I wanted to come here but was told [or found out]it depends on another committing, I would look elsewhere.

I'm sure Archie wants guys who WANT to come here...if they aren't all in, then move on.
I totally agree. I don't think it makes any sense to not land this kid right away if he actually wants to be a Ram. I'm just guessing and have no idea if that's actually true. But it seems like this kid wants to come to our program so I'm not sure what else the hold up would be unless it's on our end..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I have my doubts about holding off on Sean.

I totally agree. I don't think it makes any sense to not land this kid right away if he actually wants to be a Ram. I'm just guessing and have no idea if that's actually true. But it seems like this kid wants to come to our program so I'm not sure what else the hold up would be unless it's on our end..
We aren’t Duke and can wait on which player we are attempting to get. We need to sign as many good players as possible. If this means we are playing 3 guards and a small forward or even 4 guards at times who cares. We need to start getting some players to fill out the roster. I think Freeman is are only player that should be a starter. I might be in the minority, but not looking to have players from last years roster fill out 3 or 4 starter positions. This can change quickly with signing 2-3 players in the next week, but man is it frustrating watching all these other teams grab transfers while we have done very little. I just have no patience. I’m sure Archie knows he badly needs to fill out this roster and will bring some excitement here in the next couple of weeks.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’d love Arch to announce a Top 20 recruiting class tomorrow to satisfy my impatience of a two year old. But it ain’t gonna happen and, as he said, we may be recruiting players into August. If they’re the right players, it doesn’t matter.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago I’d love Arch to announce a Top 20 recruiting class tomorrow to satisfy my impatience of a two year old. But it ain’t gonna happen and, as he said, we may be recruiting players into August. If they’re the right players, it doesn’t matter.
Players we sign in August probably won't be immediately impactful, pickings will be much slimmer.
Also they would miss summer practice time with the rest of the team to build chemistry.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I think Archie said that to have cushion. Impactful players for next season will be here for the summer sessions.

“We will be good when we are good.”
My favorite Archie quote
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

My favorite quote as well

Instantly loved it when I heard it

So great on so many levels
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I don't want to be Chicken Little, but I really want a few good recruits COMMITTED about now!
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

I just hope we don't mess this up and somehow lose both Duru and Femi.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago I just hope we don't mess this up and somehow lose both Duru and Femi.
Neither are currently a lock for us.

Duru is a gamble (just going by potential), hasn't produced on the court yet.
Femi should be an immediate impact player for us.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago I just hope we don't mess this up and somehow lose both Duru and Femi.
It feels like we are going down that road. Also as much as I would like to get Durugordon he wasn’t highly ranked coming out of high school and hasn’t exactly contributed anything as of yet that makes him a slam dunk for all the games being played behind the scenes. Assuming Archie as other options we don’t know about
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
It feels like we are going down that road. Also as much as I would like to get Durugordon he wasn’t highly ranked coming out of high school and hasn’t exactly contributed anything as of yet that makes him a slam dunk for all the games being played behind the scenes. Assuming Archie as other options we don’t know about
He had offers from schools like Auburn, Arizona St, Georgia, Seton Hall out of high school. He's heard from great programs since he transferred. So I'd focus on that instead of his high school ranking. He'd be a very solid get for any A10 program.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Neither are currently a lock for us.

Duru is a gamble (just going by potential), hasn't produced on the court yet.
Femi should be an immediate impact player for us.
Yup Femi is the better player right now. Duru has a ton of upside.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
His shot looks fucking beautiful. CLOSE THIS KID
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

No defense, but yeah. 11 for 11 in that video. And apparently he's been in the RC recently.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No defense, but yeah. 11 for 11 in that video. And apparently he's been in the RC recently.
Yes but I'm looking at his form and it's beautiful. He shot the ball well in high school. I think he can do it at this level.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Love the video, can't stand the "still open". Also, Is a full workout typical prior to commitment?
Last edited by Rhodymob05 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

He had offers from schools like Auburn, Arizona St, Georgia, Seton Hall out of high school. He's heard from great programs since he transferred. So I'd focus on that instead of his high school ranking. He'd be a very solid get for any A10 program.
We both hope so, but very few guys are sure things. I obviously hope we get both guys, but both Sheppard and Carey weren’t as good as they were billed. I really want Femi and hope we get both.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes but I'm looking at his form and it's beautiful. He shot the ball well in high school. I think he can do it at this level.
Agree Stevey , is this video shot today ??
0 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

This kid is starting to rub me the wrong way….
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

This one starting to feel weird.

Of course social media is weird so…
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

This whole recruitment is starting to give me Naheem McLeod vibes. IIRC, Naheem dragged the URI recruitment out for months, took multiple visits to URI and then ultimately jumped as soon as a P5 offered him a scholly.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Once again, we don't know if Sean is the one who can't decide or if Archie is waiting on another decision. I think it's the latter as Sean seems to want to be here. Why else would he come back on an unofficial a week after his official?
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

The not committed part doesn't bother me so much - it probably fends off a million questions/speculation that he has committed somewhere.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Once again, we don't know if Sean is the one who can't decide or if Archie is waiting on another decision. I think it's the latter as Sean seems to want to be here. Why else would he come back on an unofficial a week after his official?
If Archie is waiting on Femi's decision, does anyone have any idea when that decision might happen? Or is it someone else?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We both hope so, but very few guys are sure things. I obviously hope we get both guys, but both Sheppard and Carey weren’t as good as they were billed. I really want Femi and hope we get both.
David Cox recruited Sheppard and Carey. I have a lot more faith in Archie Miller's ability to identify who can make an impact.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Did he take a story down? Last one is from 22hours ago
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

There wasn’t a story. I guess 74 was just providing his IG link.
He posted the shooting video from the RC on Twitter.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It was a picture of him in a Mizzou uniform but his face was covered. I guess it expired quickly.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

David Cox recruited Sheppard and Carey. I have a lot more faith in Archie Miller's ability to identify who can make an impact.
Sheppard taking a lot of flack from fans - remember the NCAA screwed us and we never got to see him the year he could have had a huge impact with JD still on the team. That team was a decent wing away from being a very good team and Jeremy could have been that guy. He clearly was not a lead PG, doesn’t mean he couldn’t play at all. His role was never supposed to be lead PG on this team.

Carey is what I expected - a multi year development project to get his game to match the pure athleticism. He took a massive step forward last year, I expect a huge improvement this year with the new coaching.

Point is - both those guys can play in the A10 just may never be the all conference players fans thought they should be. I am sure Femi will do well in the A10 but will he live up to the expectations of being an all conference player? Who knows, that is up to the individual player to get there.
3 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago

Sheppard taking a lot of flack from fans - remember the NCAA screwed us and we never got to see him the year he could have had a huge impact with JD still on the team. That team was a decent wing away from being a very good team and Jeremy could have been that guy. He clearly was not a lead PG, doesn’t mean he couldn’t play at all. His role was never supposed to be lead PG on this team.

Carey is what I expected - a multi year development project to get his game to match the pure athleticism. He took a massive step forward last year, I expect a huge improvement this year with the new coaching.

Point is - both those guys can play in the A10 just may never be the all conference players fans thought they should be. I am sure Femi will do well in the A10 but will he live up to the expectations of being an all conference player? Who knows, that is up to the individual player to get there.
I'd agree with this. It wasn't like Cox was recruiting clearly inferior talent who couldn't play at the A-10 level - that was more like the last few years of Baron's regime. But Cox struggled to approach star-level talent to build around, or, to recruit players that would complement each other. (i.e. We had Walker and the Mitchells and Samb, which is four roster spots for 40 to 80 minutes a game.)
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

I'd agree with this. It wasn't like Cox was recruiting clearly inferior talent who couldn't play at the A-10 level - that was more like the last few years of Baron's regime. But Cox struggled to approach star-level talent to build around, or, to recruit players that would complement each other. (i.e. We had Walker and the Mitchells and Samb, which is four roster spots for 40 to 80 minutes a game.)
Cox recruited Hammond, Harris, Silverio, Berry, Betrand.

All 5 of them could not play at the A10 level.

Jury is still out on Samb and Ileri.

His two recruits this year then committed to schools and conferences below ours after he was fired.

So I'd say that yes, Cox was recruiting players who couldn't play in the A10.
4 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Shep is not a wing. We had Tyrese Martin at wing and he is a much better player than Shep. Shep would have helped but likely in a 6th man role since we started Jeff, Fatts, Tyrese.... Regardless I never said Cox couldn't recruit players that can "play" in the A10. He had some nice pieces. He also had a bunch of misses. Literally, no one but us offered our two recruits that were coming in this year. Guys like Duru and Femi are being offered by high majors. This is why I have a lot more faith in Archie Miller's ability to recruit players that will make a big impact at this level over Cox.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

Cox recruited Hammond, Harris, Silverio, Berry, Betrand.

All 5 of them could not play at the A10 level.

Jury is still out on Samb and Ileri.

His two recruits this year then committed to schools and conferences below ours after he was fired.

So I'd say that yes, Cox was recruiting players who couldn't play in the A10.
It isn't like Cox didn't bring in any A10 talent: Toppin, Ish, Mitchells, Martin, Walker, and probably Carey.

The pieces just didn't fit, and can put blame on overall coaching and the staff.

Look Cox didn't work out and we now have Archie, so let's all move on.
1 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

any news on the player in the thread title?
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Let’s hope everything has been frozen waiting for the May 1 transfer portal with no penalty expiration.

Kinda makes sense for all concerned. Both players and Archie have fewer musical chairs to worry about
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Like Femi’s recruitment, all is suddenly quiet with Duru.

Could be quiet is a good sign for us based off of how recent signings have gone. Anyone hearing anything?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Sean was probably in the worst class to be a freshman in NCAA history because they gave additional eligibility and had scholar athletes that did not count against the scholarship limit last year. He is probably being extra careful about picking a school since he burned a year of eligibility last year while getting little playing time. He will need to play well to earn minutes on any good team but there are surely minutes up for grab at the forward positions at Rhody. It is my hope that he is waiting for Femi to sign (elsewhere) before making his decision. I'm sure we will get someone for the role but I would be really happy if we got Sean.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Other way around. URI was waiting on Femi. If Archie wants him he's there for the taking.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

DD and Iggy, good speculation on Sean. I never thought he would still be available at this point. That’s a good sign…ain’t over til it’s over.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago DD and Iggy, good speculation on Sean. I never thought he would still be available at this point. That’s a good sign…ain’t over til it’s over.
Why are you saying Iggy’s post is speculation? It sounds like he is stating it with knowledge.
1 x