'20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri ---> Austin Peay ---> Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: '20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri > ???)

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I would think that all these guards would cause some issue with potential playing time.
I think Sean is more of a 3/4, whereas Femi is more of a combo guard. They're probably not in direct competition for minutes.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

If we got commitments from both Sean and Femi we would have 7 guards/wings and probably would be playing 4 of them at a time. I think that is enough time to go around. We definitely need at least 6 and then we are really thin if there is an injury. I wonder if players are looking at each year as the big picture. Malik Martin will be out of eligibility after next season. Anyway, I suspect the coaching staff will get it sorted out. I like the players they are interested in.
0 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

I also would believe that we plan to go with a smaller line up. Probably only 1 big man on the court at a time, if that.
0 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We have plenty of time if we get both. Archie likes to play fast. I don't see him clogging the paint with slower bigs but maybe I'm wrong. Sorry if I missed anyone on this list.

Point Guards
Bassy
Bray
Femi
Carey

2 Guards
Ish
Bray
Carey
Femi

Wings
Martin
Duru
Femi
Carey
Ish

Forwards
Martin
Duru
Illeri

Centers
Samb
Last edited by steveystuds06 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago We have plenty of time if we get both. Archie likes to play fast. I don't see him clogging the paint with slower bigs but maybe I'm wrong. Sorry if I missed anyone on this list.

Point Guards
Bassy
Bray
Carey

2 Guards
Ish
Bray
Carey
Femi

Wings
Martin
Duru
Femi
Carey
Ish

Forwards
Martin
Duru
Illeri

Centers
Samb

Yeah I agree with this list. Three guards/wing types will be on the floor at all times. Sean Durugordon will and can play the small ball 4 with his athleticism and length. I do not think there is as much over lap as many think. And I would think 100% room for both on the roster without completely taking the other players minutes.

I also think we really will only bring in maybe 2 bigs. Archie loves his guards and wings which wins in college bball. He loved Miami in the Tourney this year for that exact reason. So I only see archie really playing 2 bigs consistently.

Abdou Samb has not yet shown it at the D1 level but he does have a decently well rounded game where he can put it on the floor and knock down an open 3. I can see Abdou getting spot minutes at the 4 in the future alongwith the listed 5 you have above.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Vault not accurate again he said Duru will visit and a committment shortly thereafter now it looks like next week
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Carey can’t play PG.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Carey can’t play PG.
He can. We don't want him to but he played a little point at Syracuse and in spurts with us. That's obviously not what we want but he was much better with the ball last year. If he takes another step forward this season he could be a nice 6th man for us.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 years ago Vault not accurate again he said Duru will visit and a committment shortly thereafter now it looks like next week
He's guessing. I'm assuming he'll stop doing that from now on
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
He can. We don't want him to but he played a little point at Syracuse and in spurts with us. That's obviously not what we want but he was much better with the ball last year. If he takes another step forward this season he could be a nice 6th man for us.
I thought Carey's passing really improved last year. He dished off for easy baskets quite a few times when driving to the basket. He also rebounded very well from the guard position. The talent is definitely there and the fact that he improved so much last year without the coaching. I am very optimistic he can really contribute this year especially with Archie
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

No chance do I want to see Carey at Pg. He has always been a turnover machine. He may have improved a little last year, but no winning team has him at the point. I get your point of trying to give him a few minutes there, but it sounds awful.
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
No chance do I want to see Carey at Pg. He has always been a turnover machine. He may have improved a little last year, but no winning team has him at the point. I get your point of trying to give him a few minutes there, but it sounds awful.
Carey a PG? His handle is the worst part of his slightly improving game. He may get some PT, but not at PG.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

So did the Mitchells, doesn’t make it a good idea. I think Carey can have a decent role here and hopefully good coaching will reduce the TOs, but that still doesn’t make him a PG.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RJRam wrote: 2 years ago

Carey a PG? His handle is the worst part of his slightly improving game. He may get some PT, but not at PG.
“slightly improving”. More than that. Aside from his improvement at TOs his shooting was a major, major improvement.

The previous year he could hardly hit the rim on a 15 footer, obviously much different last year.

Agree though, not a point guard, but, would not be surprised if he is more of a significant contributor nex year.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Carey is strictly a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of option at PG. It's kind of rare that both your starting and back-up PG aren't available - this past year, Cox elected to play Thomas 38 minutes in a game Sheppard was unavailable, IIRC. I think Carey got some run at the position then, and in some games where he was playing well. I think that's the only way he would get time there this coming year. (Same with anyone not brought in as a PG, btw.)
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RJRam wrote: 2 years ago

I'm not saying Carey is going to get run at the point. I don't want him to be our point guard. I would bet no one wants Carey to be our point guard...I was putting together a list of positions I feel our guys can play. Carey would only play point if guys were out and it was an emergency. I was responding to someone saying our guards will have trouble finding minutes, and I was pointing out that we have guards that can play multiple positions.

Regarding "his slightly improving game," I have no idea what team you watched last year. Carey was, without question, the most improved player on the team last year. He was unplayable the season before. Props to him for working on his game and impacting this year.
7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

🙏🙏🙏
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
This isn’t a good sign.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Didn’t think so either.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Clip of him in Rhody uniform and comment that Alabama showing interest has been removed from his IG timeline.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, committing before our in house visit?
0 x
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago So, committing before our in house visit?
That was this week , it’s Alabama or uri in my opinion
Last edited by Rhodyram99 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram99 wrote: 2 years ago
That was last week , it’s Alabama or uri in my opinion
Our in house visit is supposed to be next week.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

The IG story expires after 24 hours right.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billy is talking about the scheduled in home visit to his home in NYC next week. Not the on campus visit.
Last edited by Rhody83 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Our in house visit is supposed to be next week.
Ughh…. Not a good sign then
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Feel like he was looking for Power 5 exclusively.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago The IG story expires after 24 hours right.
Yes, but it would be in his history unless he didn’t save it. Could be he just doesn’t save clips.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Maybe Bama backed off?
0 x
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Maybe Bama backed off?
Don’t think so , from everything I have seen bama is very much still interested…. Guess we will find out soon
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I’ll put money on him committing to us, cam rams is most likely correct, only rumored other information was a zoom visit with BYU. And I don’t know how in gods name he’d fit in Bamas team because there’s so much talent in front of him , but I’ll wait for Iggy to confirm
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am pretty sure that Alabama has nothing to do with this either way.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I am pretty sure that Alabama has nothing to do with this either way.
Who's our competition?
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Alabama with a 5* SF and a 4* SG/wing player amongst the number three recruiting class in the country is unlikely a landing spot for a guy looking for playing time. I wonder if him and Femi are friendly or have an association both being from New York out of the same 2020 class
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Not sure I get the Sean and Femi comment. Femi played his last two years of high school/prep at Springfield Commonwealth Academy (in Springfield MA).
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

One is from Queens the other is from Brooklyn. They are the same age, what would Springfield academy and two years of prep have to do with anything? Everyone goes to prep school basically if they're from the same city very frequently there is a friendship amongst the better players
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Not to get off track here, but strange we've heard nothing about Femi. Visit was supposed to be last week, then this week. Not a peep.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago One is from Queens the other is from Brooklyn. They are the same age, what would Springfield academy and two years of prep have to do with anything? Everyone goes to prep school basically if they're from the same city very frequently there is a friendship amongst the better players
Femi spent two years in Springfield MA. So he was last in Brooklyn when he was 16 years old and Sean was in Queens. Only 8 million people live in NYC. They were probably best friends when they were 14 years old.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Clip of him in Rhody uniform and comment that Alabama showing interest has been removed from his IG timeline.
They automatically disappear after 24 hours. They are on his IG story not a post. He could save it as a “highlight” but that’s very rare.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

We might need a definition of “soon”.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I am pretty sure that Alabama has nothing to do with this either way.
Who's our competition?
BYU
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

The tweet by Sean that mentioned him committing soon was officially taken down on his Twitter. Or deleted.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago The tweet by Sean that mentioned him committing soon was officially taken down on his Twitter. Or deleted.
I noticed that too. Hopefully that means he's going ahead with our in-home visit next week.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Alabama
Projected Starting 5:
G Jaden Bradley
G Mark Sears
F Brandon Miller
F Noah Gurley
C Charles Bediako
Projected Bench: Darius Miles, Rylan Griffen, Noah Clowney, Nick Pringle, Nimari Burnett, Jahvon Quinerly (injured)
Key Losses: Keon Ellis, JD Davison, James Rojas, Alex Tchikou, Juwan Gary, James Rojas
Key Newcomers: Brandon Miller, Jaden Bradley, Rylan Griffen, Noah Clowney, Nick Pringle (JUCO), Nimari Burnett (injury), Mark Sears (Ohio)
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Kids playing games. Screw social media.
0 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Kids playing games. Screw social media.

Amen !

Killed society

Never had an account and I’ll always keep it that way
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

We thinking he’s still a possibility or moving on?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

My guess is we still want him and just waiting on his decision
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

SandorClegane wrote: 2 years ago We thinking he’s still a possibility or moving on?
Why would we move on? We are supposed to visit him this week.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING