Red Sox and other Major League Baseball

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Red Sox and other Major League Baseball

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Outstanding work by the Red Sox to exclude Don Orsillo from last night's Jerry Remy ceremony. They really can't get anything right!
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Without knowing all of the detail, seems like an extremely petty move to ask Orsillo for a video message and then decide not to include it in the ceremony
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Red Sox leadership can't get out of their own way.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Sam Kennedy talked about it on the radio today... didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounded like they tried to do an inclusive video at the beginning.... something about not being able to show all the videos that would have been sent.... Unless they dedicated the day, sounds like someone would've had to be left out.

From what I saw, seemed like they did a nice job...I love Orsillo, but given their connection, I'd have thought he'd be in the house? (I know he "had to work", but people get days off all the time)
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Sam Kennedy talked about it on the radio today... didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounded like they tried to do an inclusive video at the beginning.... something about not being able to show all the videos that would have been sent.... Unless they dedicated the day, sounds like someone would've had to be left out.

From what I saw, seemed like they did a nice job...I love Orsillo, but given their connection, I'd have thought he'd be in the house? (I know he "had to work", but people get days off all the time)
Come on, Orsillo was much more than part of the gang. He was Remy’s legendary partner. NESN effed up big time.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Sam Kennedy talked about it on the radio today... didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounded like they tried to do an inclusive video at the beginning.... something about not being able to show all the videos that would have been sent.... Unless they dedicated the day, sounds like someone would've had to be left out.

The crazy thing is the Padres had an afternoon game yesterday, a day off today, and then a night game tomorrow. Obviously it wouldn't have been ideal travel for him, but if they did the ceremony before today's game instead of yesterday he could have been here. It seems the Red Sox sent out the invitation hoping he couldn't make it and now are throwing shit against the wall once they got called on their pettiness towards Orsillo
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

The crazy thing is the Padres had an afternoon game yesterday, a day off today, and then a night game tomorrow. Obviously it wouldn't have been ideal travel for him, but if they did the ceremony before today's game instead of yesterday he could have been here. It seems the Red Sox sent out the invitation hoping he couldn't make it and now are throwing shit against the wall once they got called on their pettiness towards Orsillo
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, NESN has a had a rotating booth of talking heads for 3+ years now.

I'm not blaming Don for anything thing here and at the end of the day the Sox own this and they F'd it up, but Donny O could have asked the Padres for 1 day off for this and I have no doubt they would have obliged.
1 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This Diekman dude has to go....my gosh...the only thing that sucks worse than watching a pitcher where you know 2/3 of the pitches will be balls is...watching a pitcher where you know 2/3 of the pitches will be balls and probly 20% of the strikes will be gomers. I'm not sure which is more annoying...guy who takes forever between pitches, or guy who can't throw it over the plate.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago This Diekman dude has to go....my gosh...the only thing that sucks worse than watching a pitcher where you know 2/3 of the pitches will be balls is...watching a pitcher where you know 2/3 of the pitches will be balls and probly 20% of the strikes will be gomers. I'm not sure which is more annoying...guy who takes forever between pitches, or guy who can't throw it over the plate.
We’ve had some really bad losses on this road trip
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

other than Evoldi, Whitlock, maybe Pivetta, the pitching staff is dog shit.

I'm done with Dalbec and JBJ too.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Look at today's pathetic lineup. Bradley hitting 5th, arroyo at short, shaw dh and dalbec.. come on bloom. Not into the Tampa north philosophy.. this is a big market team. Get casas and Duran up here and go from there.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah terrible start to the season lineup looks awful and pitching not consistent
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Can't believe I'm saying this, but...I don't hate the Mannings, er, I mean KayRod show.
Guests are a key, I guess, thought Ryan Howard was interesting.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We are becoming borderline unwatchable right now
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago We are becoming borderline unwatchable right now
Skip the borderline part...it's just brutal, bud....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Just don’t like this Manager. Never have.

I was relieved when Sox lost JBJ - cause for celebration and “it’s about time” for me

Then they bring him back. Arrgghhh.

JBJ is 2-33 (.061) on this road trip. Now down to .147 on the season.

Jaren Duran is hitting .360 for Woosox playing right field. Go figure.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’ll never understand bringing him back:

Bradley signed a two-year, $24 million contract with the Brewers last spring. The Red Sox will now owe him $9.5 million in 2022, with a $12 million mutual option on the books for 2023.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago I’ll never understand bringing him back:

Bradley signed a two-year, $24 million contract with the Brewers last spring. The Red Sox will now owe him $9.5 million in 2022, with a $12 million mutual option on the books for 2023.
They traded Hunter Renfroe for him, who later got $8M in arbitration, so the money is kind of a wash. They picked up two prospects in the deal, so they probably improved the prospect quality or quantity by agreeing to take JBJ. Since he's now 32 though and in the last year of that deal, I imagine he's very close to being cut at this point. (Or at least, I hope so.) Worcester has three OFs who would all arguably be an improvement on him at this point.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Our front office doesn’t seem to be making the right decisions, bringing JBJ back this year and I was hopeful to get Rizzo at the deadline last year instead the yanks got him
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

I was relieved when Sox lost JBJ - cause for celebration and “it’s about time” for me

I wouldn't take Worcester numbers too seriously, sounds like that park is a bandbox
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

AC isn't the problem. not even close.

our inept roster is.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago I’ll never understand bringing him back:

They traded Hunter Renfroe for him, who later got $8M in arbitration, so the money is kind of a wash. They picked up two prospects in the deal, so they probably improved the prospect quality or quantity by agreeing to take JBJ. Since he's now 32 though and in the last year of that deal, I imagine he's very close to being cut at this point. (Or at least, I hope so.) Worcester has three OFs who would all arguably be an improvement on him at this point.
we need to remember, JBJ was never the focal point of that deal. the prospects were.

that said, if the Mets can DFA Cano, the sox can DFA JBJ, no problem.

where is ECR??? CUT BAIT!!! insert song lyrics here.
Last edited by KeaneyBluBallz 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The thing is, Bradley Jr. isn't even the issue. Having a sure fielding outfielder that can cover all three positions and has the occasional hot stretch at the plate is actually a good piece to have, especially considering the other guys they have playing out there. The problem is instead of having him as the fourth outfielder that can spell guys in each spot he's been pressed into starting duty. The other problem is Chaim is still using the Rays roster construction idea of get whoever you can and see where they'll fit later, and basically treating defensive positions like the average adult co-ed softball team. Part of the advantage a franchise like Boston has is in theory they should be able to go out and get players just as valuable but also who fit together in coherent fielding alignments
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago The thing is, Bradley Jr. isn't even the issue. Having a sure fielding outfielder that can cover all three positions and has the occasional hot stretch at the plate is actually a good piece to have, especially considering the other guys they have playing out there. The problem is instead of having him as the fourth outfielder that can spell guys in each spot he's been pressed into starting duty. The other problem is Chaim is still using the Rays roster construction idea of get whoever you can and see where they'll fit later, and basically treating defensive positions like the average adult co-ed softball team. Part of the advantage a franchise like Boston has is in theory they should be able to go out and get players just as valuable but also who fit together in coherent fielding alignments
he's part of the issue.

here are the lineup issues, in no particular order -
Vasquez
Story
Kike'
Arroyo
JBJ
Dalbec

Pitching staff-
Sawanura
Diekman
Pivetta
Brasier
Valdez
Crawford

that's a lot of misses for a big market team.

awful. just awful roster management.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

How...did Barnsey just get to be so awful? You can't use him I'm any sitch now....none. He's pitched less than 9 innings, with a 8 or 9 ERA.

Even with the outrageous (now) contract...can you carry the guy on the roster even? Does he get more chances before you DFA him?
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago How...did Barnsey just get to be so awful? You can't use him I'm any sitch now....none. He's pitched less than 9 innings, with a 8 or 9 ERA.

Even with the outrageous (now) contract...can you carry the guy on the roster even? Does he get more chances before you DFA him?
The end for relievers, even elite ones, is often brutal and quick - excluding Mariano Rivera. Even Trevor Hoffman sucked his last year.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago How...did Barnsey just get to be so awful? You can't use him I'm any sitch now....none. He's pitched less than 9 innings, with a 8 or 9 ERA.

he went down the shitter as soon as he got paid last year.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

I know! It seemed like it was overnight...like, if people still use ink, it would not have dried before he started sucking. I would be more valuable filling the roster spot just by sharing my awesome personality in the bullpen than he is by pitching.

What do you with him? How long can you carry him?
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

I know! It seemed like it was overnight...like, if people still use ink, it would not have dried before he started sucking. I would be more valuable filling the roster spot just by sharing my awesome personality in the bullpen than he is by pitching.

What do you with him? How long can you carry him?
like I said a few posts up, DFA. if the Mets can DFA Cano @ $39 mil, we can DFA our collective dipshits.

We're the god damn Redsox. not the pirates, not the rays, not Oakland.

think big (market), we do.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Up 1-0 in 9th inning Boston let’s Chicago tie it in 9th then lose 3-1 in 10th. Barnes the losing pitcher - again.

The Red Sox are now 0-6 in extra inning games. Boston blown nine saves, which leads the majors.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Up 1-0 in 9th inning Boston let’s Chicago tie it in 9th then lose 3-1 in 10th. Barnes the losing pitcher - again.

The Red Sox are now 0-6 in extra inning games. Boston blown nine saves, which leads the majors.
Barnsey... ridiculous....Cash wouldn't trust him in TB to be a one batter opener. As the previous poster said, how can you not DFA the dude? I half expected to read here that it already happened. Now I have to check other sources :lol:

ETA: Just throwing it out there....Jeff Hoffman, from the Cincinnati Disaster, er, Reds, is having a nice start and looks like he'd be a great add. They're turrble, but he's got like 10 appearances, 15IP, and an ERA under 2. On a 1 yr deal right now for under a mil. Pry that guy loose.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Okay, I’ve seen enough Bobby Dalbec.

Bring up Casas.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We are becoming unwatchable!!!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago We are becoming unwatchable!!!
We were on today? ;)
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Already transitioned to won't-watch-until-the-playoffs mode. Baseball is dying.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Another nut punch loss for the sox...aye yi yi...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Pivetta with a complete game only allowing 2 hits and 0 walks. Forgot what a complete game was like.
Could the Sox be turning the corner?

• 1st complete game by a Red Sox pitcher since Chris Sale on June 5, 2019, at Kansas City
  • 1st complete game at Fenway Park since Rick Porcello against the New York Yankees on Aug. 3, 2018
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Pivetta with a complete game only allowing 2 hits and 0 walks. Forgot what a complete game was like.

• 1st complete game by a Red Sox pitcher since Chris Sale on June 5, 2019, at Kansas City
  • 1st complete game at Fenway Park since Rick Porcello against the New York Yankees on Aug. 3, 2018
in a word, no.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Pivetta with a complete game only allowing 2 hits and 0 walks. Forgot what a complete game was like.

in a word, no.
3 straight wins. Won 6 of last 8.
Could it be?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

in a word, no.
Could it be?
Showing signs of life Ramster especially Story who has finally awaken , let’s get to .500 soon then make a move towards the wild card
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sensing a shift in the right direction...this is necessary, if only because of the 🏜️ desert that is summertime TV
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Sawx mostly been snackin on cupcakes. Got plenty more to snack on with a pretty easy June schedule.

Might not be dead yet…
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

in a word, no.
Could it be?
I’d like nothing more than for this to age poorly
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

5 straight wins and winners of 8 of last 10 are both best in MLB
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Incredible game.
0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago 5 straight wins and winners of 8 of last 10 are both best in MLB
Now 6 straight wins as Sox trample White Sox 16-3
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago 5 straight wins and winners of 8 of last 10 are both best in MLB
Now 6 straight wins as Sox trample White Sox 16-3
Toy Story with 6 gomes and 17 ribs in his last 6 games. I guess he can hit...color me very pleasantly surprised....
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Soooo... Sox despite this extended run of .800 ball are still 3 games under .500 and **checks notes** 11.5 games behind the Yankees, 4 behind the Jays, and 5 behind the DevilDogs?

Ugh, baseball. I will watch the Red Sox when and IF they make the post season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 1 year ago Soooo... Sox despite this extended run of .800 ball are still 3 games under .500 and **checks notes** 11.5 games behind the Yankees, 4 behind the Jays, and 5 behind the DevilDogs?

Ugh, baseball. I will watch the Red Sox when and IF they make the post season.
It's a marathon, not a sprint...it's as much about getting there sometimes as being there...(and having go to tv all summer)
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Late touchdown and a field goal given up last night

:)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!