The Transfer Carousel - 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2022

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago I still got a good feeling Mitchell is coming here. Feels like too many coincidences. No chance Bergeron is coming with him though.
If he can get the waiver, I agree.
Waivers seem to have no barriers anymore
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago I still got a good feeling Mitchell is coming here. Feels like too many coincidences. No chance Bergeron is coming with him though.
If he can get the waiver, I agree.
Waivers seem to have no barriers anymore
Not so sure about the 2nd time transfer yet,
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Section104 wrote: 2 years ago He graduated from South Kingstown High in 2005 - I was in his class - the Skinner/Harrick years were our youth and many that grew up in Kingston area at our time are Rhode Island fanatics until we die whether we’re alumni or not (I’m not an alumni myself)

He’s a great guy and was a talented high school baller himself. I can’t speak to his sources, or lack thereof.
Cool I hope RV joins KB sometime very soon , he needs to be here and we can work very well together
0 x
PowderBlueButBetter
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PowderBlueButBetter »

Why are people here so critical of RV to the point of doubting his validity as a person??? The dude just grinds putting out Rhody content. Maybe he's being a bit over enthusiastic on trying to break news, but he hasnt been "wrong so many times" about anything his news like BigApple is claiming

If i missed something that he said that was wilding wrong than please tell me, but rn aall we can do is wait and see on what happens with Tre. RV put his nuts on the line with this claim!

And to answer the question...I would love Tre here. Need a big man and he's a proven stud in the A10. He's immediately be the focal point of a previously non-existent offense. Also really doubt TB would be part of the deal- it famously didn't work out at UMass and i don't recall any discussion of him joining the staff at Texas
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

amen powder amen

stay gold RV boy stay gold
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I had heard from an sports agent that Archie was interested in a different college than URI, but subsequently it fell through and he signed with URI. The same person told me that the Mitchell twins were being shopped. I reported both here before anything happened. The first didn't happen, the second did. RV is doing the same thing from his sources. Until it's official, nothing is certain. I do not want to discourage the reporting here of rumors from sources with inside information.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago I think its obvious who his source is
TW?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago Why are people here so critical of RV to the point of doubting his validity as a person??? The dude just grinds putting out Rhody content. Maybe he's being a bit over enthusiastic on trying to break news, but he hasnt been "wrong so many times" about anything his news like BigApple is claiming

If i missed something that he said that was wilding wrong than please tell me, but rn aall we can do is wait and see on what happens with Tre. RV put his nuts on the line with this claim!

And to answer the question...I would love Tre here. Need a big man and he's a proven stud in the A10. He's immediately be the focal point of a previously non-existent offense. Also really doubt TB would be part of the deal- it famously didn't work out at UMass and i don't recall any discussion of him joining the staff at Texas

He said he was first one the Archie news (he wasn’t) and then said the Mitchell’s transfer to Arkansas fell thru and it wasn’t
Happening.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I had heard from an sports agent that Archie was interested in a different college than URI, but subsequently it fell through and he signed with URI. The same person told me that the Mitchell twins were being shopped. I reported both here before anything happened. The first didn't happen, the second did. RV is doing the same thing from his sources. Until it's official, nothing is certain. I do not want to discourage the reporting here of rumors from sources with inside information.
You’re great at your craft but you also suck as a person.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PowderBlueButBetter
Frenchy Tomlin

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I had heard from an sports agent that Archie was interested in a different college than URI, but subsequently it fell through and he signed with URI. The same person told me that the Mitchell twins were being shopped. I reported both here before anything happened. The first didn't happen, the second did. RV is doing the same thing from his sources. Until it's official, nothing is certain. I do not want to discourage the reporting here of rumors from sources with inside information.
Not that it really matters, just a bit curious - but do you know what the other school Archie was interested was?
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago
Not that it really matters, just a bit curious - but do you know what the other school Archie was interested was?
Imagination U.

Idk if you were a lurker or you’re brand new - but 72 is probably the greatest troll of all.

Or he’s Gary Busey.

And his agent source is Jerry Maguire.

Pay little to no mind.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PowderBlueButBetter
Frenchy Tomlin

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Imagination U.

Idk if you were a lurker or you’re brand new - but 72 is probably the greatest troll of all.

Or he’s Gary Busey.

Pay little to no mind.
New here :lol: appreciate the heads up
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Do not fall for 72s tricks. The only agent he speaks to is in his TV screen when he’s repeating you had me at hello while watching Jerry Maguire
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Imagination U.

Or he’s Gary Busey.

Pay little to no mind.
I was wrong - I figured the sports agent was Arliss Michaels
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Scott Boras' Mystery University
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago Why are people here so critical of RV to the point of doubting his validity as a person??? The dude just grinds putting out Rhody content. Maybe he's being a bit over enthusiastic on trying to break news, but he hasnt been "wrong so many times" about anything his news like BigApple is claiming

I’m not sure who specifically we are talking about here in terms of doubting his validity as a person, but I’ve been critical of the !!!BREAKING NEWS!!! stuff on his account because I just don’t think it is necessary. The content that account has produced has been first class and has filled a huge vacuum for URI basketball fans. I see the attempted entry into the Insider space as damaging to the account’s credibility. It isn’t necessary, in my view.
8 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago

I’m not sure who specifically we are talking about here in terms of doubting his validity as a person, but I’ve been critical of the !!!BREAKING NEWS!!! stuff on his account because I just don’t think it is necessary. The content that account has produced has been first class and has filled a huge vacuum for URI basketball fans. I see the attempted entry into the Insider space as damaging to the account’s credibility. It isn’t necessary, in my view.
Couldn’t agree more with what you said. Reality is the vault started in 2022! If there wasn’t a credibility issue no one would even be talking about it. Reality is there already have been a few kinks in the armor. You cannot build credibility over night, it takes time.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm the one who wanted to confirm that Rhody Vault is a real person. I was joking. C'mon now.
2 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago ...

He didn't identify the school; but I got the impression it was a school down south. As for the Mitchell twins where was it reported/rumored before I mentioned it here? Check the time stamp.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

He didn't identify the school; but I got the impression it was a school down south.
I wonder if this is how things played out.

There was much speculation that Archie's (along with his wife) alma mater NC State might dump its head coach Kevin Keatts and have a job opening. AD Boo Corrigan however on March 2nd confirmed to the media that Keatts would be returning next season. The Wolfpack's poor play had fueled the rumors as they went 11-21 overall and 4-16 in ACC play this season. They were knocked out of the ACC Tournament in their first game by Clemson on March 8th.

URI fired David Cox on March 11th and had Archie Miller confirmed as its next head coach by March 17th.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Just some levity. Which Tre Mitchell are we in on 😳
6 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago

He didn't identify the school; but I got the impression it was a school down south.
I wonder if this is how things played out.

There was much speculation that Archie's (along with his wife) alma mater NC State might dump its head coach Kevin Keatts and have a job opening. AD Boo Corrigan however on March 2nd confirmed to the media that Keatts would be returning next season. The Wolfpack's poor play had fueled the rumors as they went 11-21 overall and 4-16 in ACC play this season. They were knocked out of the ACC Tournament in their first game by Clemson on March 8th.

URI fired David Cox on March 11th and had Archie Miller confirmed as its next head coach by March 17th.
That same agent told me that Phil Jackson was considering us as well. And Bobby Knight... I asked if he wanted to go get a beer to discuss this but he was too busy hanging out with Rod Tidwell.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Kind of surprised Rhode Island didn’t even show interest in Phinisee. He played a lot under Archie, and was Archie’s first commit at Indiana.

0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago Kind of surprised Rhode Island didn’t even show interest in Phinisee. He played a lot under Archie, and was Archie’s first commit at Indiana.

Eh, if his final two are Cincy and Georgia, and he's transferring from Indiana, Archie might have realized it was a steep uphill climb to recruit him to URI.
0 x
PillPushr
Michael Andersen

Unread post by PillPushr »

I think that's Butler?
1 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

PillPushr wrote: 2 years ago I think that's Butler?
Yep, that's Butler not Georgia..
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago Kind of surprised Rhode Island didn’t even show interest in Phinisee. He played a lot under Archie, and was Archie’s first commit at Indiana.

Eh, if his final two are Cincy and Georgia, and he's transferring from Indiana, Archie might have realized it was a steep uphill climb to recruit him to URI.
Nothing crazy. Maybe Archie knew he was staying in that Midwest area I guess.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago
PillPushr wrote: 2 years ago I think that's Butler?
Yep, that's Butler not Georgia..
Ah, good call, guys. Mixing up my underbites and overbites.
3 x
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

Maybe I am just over anxious , but my concern level is starting to rise without a single new addition to this roster. I know , still a lot of time left but the next few days are important if we want to hit on some good talent
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I have been checking the forum frequently, just hoping to see a commit. But I keep having to remind myself that Archie and his top assistant were not in the college game last year…it’s going to take a little time.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhodyram99 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe I am just over anxious , but my concern level is starting to rise without a single new addition to this roster. I know , still a lot of time left but the next few days are important if we want to hit on some good talent
There is like 1500 transfers still available and people are still transferring… They all won’t be committing in the next few days.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodyram99 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe I am just over anxious , but my concern level is starting to rise without a single new addition to this roster. I know , still a lot of time left but the next few days are important if we want to hit on some good talent
Was thinking the same thing.

Would have at least liked to get one new guy by now.

And for everyone who will now say “why are you doubting Archie, trust him, he knows what he’s doing, blah blah blah”….we have 6 kids currently on the roster.

Not doubting him, but still would have liked some new guys.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He's already said he's not going to rush a to get a quick fix. It's about getting the RIGHT guys and building a culture and the program the right way.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Shopped? Like a trade? I don't hate that idea...
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago He's already said he's not going to rush a to get a quick fix. It's about getting the RIGHT guys and building a culture and the program the right way.
That’s why I’m skeptical he would recruit somebody like Tre Mitchell. As talented as he is I wonder if would be coachable under Archie’s system.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago He's already said he's not going to rush a to get a quick fix. It's about getting the RIGHT guys and building a culture and the program the right way.
Ya, but we need bodies NOW!!!!

We should have begged Brafford to commit, so we had one less roster spot.

I could care less if we get commits now or in a month as long as he builds a team he likes. Archie said he'll be recruiting players for months.

I also don't know why people think this is going to be some quick fix and we will instantly be a tournament team. I expect the big home run recruits to come during next season.. 23 recruits.. I don't expect any results next year but who knows..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It's going to be a very quick fix. Get ready for whiplash. Arch will get a big commit, then it will be like a dam break. Nets overflowing, fish everywhere...it's gonna be beautiful.
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

What’s going on in Storrs? Pretty weird to see all these star recruits leaving, especially with playing time to be had
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago What’s going on in Storrs? Pretty weird to see all these star recruits leaving, especially with playing time to be had
Star recruits want playing time
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Was thinking the same thing.

Would have at least liked to get one new guy by now.

And for everyone who will now say “why are you doubting Archie, trust him, he knows what he’s doing, blah blah blah”….we have 6 kids currently on the roster.

Not doubting him, but still would have liked some new guys.
Maybe that is why Archie wanted lleri so bad with the open roster spots-lol? Archie will be fine and they will eventually get guys although I think it will take time to get both recruits and transfer and turn us into an NCAA program right away. Things could change quick if he brings in 2-3 guys for sure. Basketball programs can be turned around much quicker than football programs. I think we all probably overact and want the quick fix and get aggravated when we don't see it. The one thing I do know is the current talent on the roster has zero percent chance of making an NCAA tournament run with even John Wooden coaching them.. I'm not sure there is one current player on this roster that really should be a starter on an NCAA caliber type team. With that being said the money is invested in both basketball programs and future success looks great!
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

I could care less if we get commits now or in a month as long as he builds a team he likes. Archie said he'll be recruiting players for months.

I also don't know why people think this is going to be some quick fix and we will instantly be a tournament team. I expect the big home run recruits to come during next season.. 23 recruits.. I don't expect any results next year but who knows..
Careful Stevey; Blue Man promised to punch in the face anyone even slightly critical of Archie. Maybe Archie feels that his best chance to get more money next year is the GPA bonus and a year 1 buy-out.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Careful Stevey; Blue Man promised to punch in the face anyone even slightly critical of Archie. Maybe Archie feels that his best chance to get more money next year is the GPA bonus and a year 1 buy-out.
I’m actually being sarcastic 72… I’m ok with no commits yet.

I get why people are anxious but we need to give him time to build this roster. I think he’ll have a solid A10 team next season.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I get why people are anxious but we need to give him time to build this roster. I think he’ll have a solid A10 team next season.
Let's hope Blue Man accepts your clarification!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Let's hope Blue Man accepts your clarification!
I’ll ask him next time I watch a game at his house
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Are you sure? ECR promised me that we would be a tournament team next season.... he even posted a 4 page set of song lyrics to prove it!
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Bos8 wrote: 2 years ago

Are you sure? ECR promised me that we would be a tournament team next season.... he even posted a 4 page set of song lyrics to prove it!
ECR is correct. Be ready, don't miss out.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Portal Summary - Last Day for Entering Portal May 1

• 1,306 Total that have entered transfer portal

• 222 Transfers completed

• 1,084 remaining in transfer portal

https://evanmiya.com
3 x
steveystuds06