The Transfer Carousel - 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2022

Unread post by Backroads »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago He told me he has sources and he's sticking by it.
Who?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago He told me he has sources and he's sticking by it.
Walking a very fine line here.
Mitchell hasn't even entered the portal yet.
Even though all indications are he isn't returning to Texas, not sure he can officially be approached by other schools.
We know that isn't always the case but must be careful of any infractions or violations.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago

You were the guy who said I had never heard of our last transfers so I simply refuted that with 3 of the last 5. Was not familiar with Betrand. And I don’t go around here falsely pumping up recruits or transfers if I haven’t seen em play. Nor did I trash the Bryant signings just thought your comment was overblown like Grasso was getting Kentucky transfers to consider Bryant. Transfers from Hofstra and St Peter’s to Bryant are not some far fetched thing as you made it seem. Grasso can recruit that’s not a mystery the knock on him has been whether his coaching style will translate up.

Pretty sure it was you who watched a workout video of Illeri and compared him to DeAndre Bembry.

You also compared Jermaine Harris to Patrick Ewing without ever seeing him step foot on a college basketball court.

We’re all guilty in pumping up our recruits at one point or another.
I absolutely loved Jermaine Harris. I have never claimed not to be part of the hype train. I had watched Jermaine Harris by the way(probably one of the few that I had). I still liked Harris into his junior season when I finally came to the understanding he wasn’t going to be Patrick Ewing. There have been plenty of guys who didn’t pan out who I liked. My point is that when they come to URI we overhype them and when it is another school who gets someone or they transfer we find their faults.
I saw Jermaine hit a sky hook and I said to the guy sitting next to me "Holy shit, we just got a baby Kareem!" So don't pay any attention to my player assessments. 🙃
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Hell no on Bergeron/Mitchell package. Not worth it.
I'm so excited at the news I just bought a cherry red polyester suit and some hair plugs and called up the other Mama Mitchell to introduce myself.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

nice - i am drinking the Kool Aid

let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

come on VAULT !

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

2 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Backroads wrote: 2 years ago
Who?
Who what?
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Pretty sure it was you who watched a workout video of Illeri and compared him to DeAndre Bembry.

You also compared Jermaine Harris to Patrick Ewing without ever seeing him step foot on a college basketball court.

We’re all guilty in pumping up our recruits at one point or another.
I absolutely loved Jermaine Harris. I have never claimed not to be part of the hype train. I had watched Jermaine Harris by the way(probably one of the few that I had). I still liked Harris into his junior season when I finally came to the understanding he wasn’t going to be Patrick Ewing. There have been plenty of guys who didn’t pan out who I liked. My point is that when they come to URI we overhype them and when it is another school who gets someone or they transfer we find their faults.
I saw Jermaine hit a sky hook and I said to the guy sitting next to me "Holy shit, we just got a baby Kareem!" So don't pay any attention to my player assessments. 🙃
I saw Harris use this jump hook exactly once against Davidson in Jan 2020. It was a great shot and I have no idea why it wasn't used more.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Yes to Tre no to Bergeron.

I will guess if Tre enters the portal he's coming here, as long as slickee doesn't come with him.
0 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

RV just tweeted he is sticking by his report. We got a good old fashioned "source" off in Kingston.
0 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Sticking by his tweet and doubling down, kinda have to respect it.

However, if “nothing is 100 percent until the players states it,” then why is he tweeting it like it’s a definite?

If it’s true, major major props.

If it’s false, well then he’s a 🤡 show because it wouldn’t be the first time he’s tweeted something like this.
1 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago This rumor has been floating around for a couple of weeks and Mitchell is a hell of a player but if he comes here I want Coach Shinebox banned from campus. Do not want that nasty ass dude anywhere near my team. Thankfully there is no room at the inn in terms of the staff, but there is that player development spot still open and I can’t think of a worse person to develop a kid than that guy. I wouldn’t let one of my kids in the same room as him.
I had not seen any rumors about Mitchell to URI until this weekend. Seemed to come out of nowhere. Where were you seeing the rumors the past couple of weeks?
Ya like two weeks ago it was leaked that Tre is an option. It was and still is just rumors but it was right around the time the Tre Mitchell thread popped up again on here.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Sticking by his tweet and doubling down, kinda have to respect it.

However, if “nothing is 100 percent until the players states it,” then why is he tweeting it like it’s a definite?

If it’s true, major major props.

If it’s false, well then he’s a 🤡 show because it wouldn’t be the first time he’s tweeted something like this.
Ya it's clear he had no idea if Archie was actually coming here. He saw the tweets and posted it as a definite. He's doing the same thing here.. Kid has balls.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody Vault should be careful. His sources might dry up if he's too aggressive.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Rhody Vault should be careful. His sources might dry up if he's too aggressive.
I don't know, I don't think people are going to stop using Twitter any time soon.
4 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Toussaint to WVU. 1 transfer Point Guard off the board.
0 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Saw this coming after he announced he was taking a visit to WVU. Should fit well in Huggins system, very good defender.

0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Rhody Vault should be careful. His sources might dry up if he's too aggressive.
I don't know, I don't think people are going to stop using Twitter any time soon.
No I'm saying the people telling him things will stop telling him
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Big Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago Toussaint to WVU. 1 transfer Point Guard off the board.
What do you mean by number 1? He's a very solid guard but he's not remotely close to being the number 1 PG that transferred
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

just meant "a" point guard target.
0 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SG is saying that is how he is getting his info. From Twitter... The Archie news broke on Twitter.

He hasn't broken anything that wasn't already posted on Twitter including Tre.

Love the content but don't believe anything until it's posted by a Goodman, Rothstein etc....
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Big Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago just meant "a" point guard target.
Ahhh got it
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SG is saying that is how he is getting his info. From Twitter... The Archie news broke on Twitter.

He hasn't broken anything that wasn't already posted on Twitter including Tre.

Love the content but don't believe anything until it's posted by a Goodman, Rothstein etc....
I see.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Ok cool feel a little bit better now , let’s see if he is ultimately right
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RV has a source that has a connection to Tre. RV has spoken with that source.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I find it funny ppl are roasting this kid when there are ppl on this board who claim “sources” and have been so wrong so many times.

The kid might learn a hard lesson here. But he won’t be the first Rhody fan to claim to know something that they don’t really have a clue about.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RV isn't a kid. I know he looks pretty young in his videos but he told me he's been a URI fan for 35 years.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

From a pure(f there is such thing anymore)basketball team structure/roster filling out perspective……do you want Tre?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

FWIW, Odom would be a bigger transfer to URI than Tre Mitchell. And, If Trey and TB came to URI would Ty Weeks be far behind? Most here would be ecstatic.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I would not want Tre if it meant we had to employ clown Bergeron. Sorry not worth it. I couldn’t ever bring myself to respect that asshat.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago RV isn't a kid. I know he looks pretty young in his videos but he told me he's been a URI fan for 35 years.
I don’t think that’s true.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago FWIW, Odom would be a bigger transfer to URI than Tre Mitchell. And, If Trey and TB came to URI would Ty Weeks be far behind? Most here would be ecstatic.
I think almost nobody here would be ecstatic if Coach Shinebox came here.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

lol

2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago RV isn't a kid. I know he looks pretty young in his videos but he told me he's been a URI fan for 35 years.
There’s a greater chance we bring Coach K outta retirement than that kid being a Rhody fan for 35 years. That would put him over 40.

I’d bet that kid isn’t older than 30.
0 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I still got a good feeling Mitchell is coming here. Feels like too many coincidences. No chance Bergeron is coming with him though.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago I still got a good feeling Mitchell is coming here. Feels like too many coincidences. No chance Bergeron is coming with him though.
If he can get the waiver, I agree.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I think its obvious who his source is
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago I still got a good feeling Mitchell is coming here. Feels like too many coincidences. No chance Bergeron is coming with him though.
What are these coincidences you speak of Adam??
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think he is about 35 years old in one of his videos I think he mentioned he was about 11 years old during the elite 8 run of 98 so that would mean he’s 35 Ish guess he was a URI fan out of the womb
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago
I think he is about 35 years old in one of his videos I think he mentioned he was about 11 years old during the elite 8 run of 98 so that would mean he’s 35 Ish guess he was a URI fan out of the womb
Kinda like Blue Man. :lol:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I'll believe a player is transferring to URI when I see it. Until then it's just noise.
3 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

What are these coincidences you speak of Adam??
Coincidences may have been the wrong word. Maybe "rumors" "rumblings" "whispers"? Who knows, maybe they are all just feeding off of each other.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Welcome to the dark side !
0 x
BCarey1315
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BCarey1315 »

RV is 35 and always bled rhody blue. Heck of a basketball player too back in High School.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

BCarey1315 wrote: 2 years ago RV is 35 and always bled rhody blue. Heck of a basketball player too back in High School.
And he's a Rhody alum. Don't any of you around that age who went to URI know him?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

BCarey1315 wrote: 2 years ago RV is 35 and always bled rhody blue. Heck of a basketball player too back in High School.
And he's a Rhody alum. Don't any of you around that age who went to URI know him?
Eh, I'm not really into doxxing someone like that. If they want their real name public they'll use it themselves
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Eh, I'm not really into doxxing someone like that. If they want their real name public they'll use it themselves
No, not asking that. Just want to confirm that he's a real person. :lol:
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

He graduated from South Kingstown High in 2005 - I was in his class - the Skinner/Harrick years were our youth and many that grew up in Kingston area at our time are Rhode Island fanatics until we die whether we’re alumni or not (I’m not an alumni myself)

He’s a great guy and was a talented high school baller himself. I can’t speak to his sources, or lack thereof.
2 x