The Transfer Carousel - 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2022

Unread post by Rhody83 »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago The awesome Rhody Vault twitter handle has breaking transfer news apparently coming soon …
Saw that...didn't know if he that meant the Vault knows something already or just telling us that it is the spot for future news.

Hope there is news to be broken soon!!! Getting anxious for Archie's first move
It doesn’t matter who the first commit is. Just matters what the roster is at the start of the summer.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

This one surprises me, unless Osun is coming back.
Good size (6'9"-6'10") and decent on the offensive side with a mid-range jumper.

0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago This one surprises me, unless Osun is coming back.
Good size (6'9"-6'10") and decent on the offensive side with a mid-range jumper.

Shoon has to be, would make no sense otherwise, this guy would be starting, but there are things bigger than basketball that factor
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Let me first say, we have no affiliation with this player.
I am only listing him because he is just the type of stretch 4, I hope we can land.
He is 6' 9"/ 220 lbs. averaged 10 pts (56% FG/ 40% 3PT) and 5 rebs.
Carr started every game and still has 3 years eligibility left.
The Delaware fan board is really upset he is transferring.

0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Michigans Brandon John’s entered the portal earlier. Came off the bench all 4 years at Michigan, most likely looking for a bigger role for his last year of college. Archie actually recruited him at Indiana, could be a guy Rhody shows interest in.
Attachments
C8A09C61-11A7-4173-BA43-92D0F30E065B.jpeg
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago Michigans Brandon John’s entered the portal earlier. Came off the bench all 4 years at Michigan, most likely looking for a bigger role for his last year of college. Archie actually recruited him at Indiana, could be a guy Rhody shows interest in.
Okay, know he was a 4* top 100 recruit in HS from Michigan.
Could be a good 1-year loaner.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Bryce Hopkins is transferring from Kentucky. Relevant transfer as Hopkins had Indiana in his Top 5 before choosing Kentucky.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/10/13/bry ... ment-date/

Indiana: “We just felt really good about Archie Miller and his staff. We went up there last year sometime, but we took an unoffiicial to Indiana and was totally impressed by the way they do things and the entire coaching staff was with us. It felt like an official visit. The entire staff, it was just first class.”
5 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Let me first say, we have no affiliation with this player.
I am only listing him because he is just the type of stretch 4, I hope we can land.
He is 6' 9"/ 220 lbs. averaged 10 pts (56% FG/ 40% 3PT) and 5 rebs.
Carr started every game and still has 3 years eligibility left.
The Delaware fan board is really upset he is transferring.

Dude would be a really solid get. Played really well when I watched him.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

STC wrote: 2 years ago Bryce Hopkins is transferring from Kentucky. Relevant transfer as Hopkins had Indiana in his Top 5 before choosing Kentucky.

Indiana: “We just felt really good about Archie Miller and his staff. We went up there last year sometime, but we took an unoffiicial to Indiana and was totally impressed by the way they do things and the entire coaching staff was with us. It felt like an official visit. The entire staff, it was just first class.”
So there's our trade for Toppin.
4 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Getting way ahead of myself here but a trio of Durugordon, Lander, Hopkins would be an outstanding start to Miller Time.

Forgot Diggins but he would be a great addition as well.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

PC will be heavily involved in Hopkins.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

“ How tough were the last several weeks?

It was really tough, especially for Bryce. Illinois did such a great job this second time around. We take our hats off to Illinois for doing such a great job. Coach Cooley [at Providence], just meeting Ed, his genuineness was really tough. Bryce had bonded with him really well. My wife being from the east coast, her brother went to school with Ed Cooley at Stonehill [College]. Bobby, which is Bryce’s uncle, was two years older than Ed. That relationship in itself was tough.

Did the decision officially come down to Kentucky, Illinois and Providence?

Indiana too. Coach Archie Miller, he’s always been great. He respected Bryce’s game, he came on really early during his recruitment and offered Bryce. Archie, it was tough saying no to him. It was really tough.”

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wild ... -kentucky/
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

STC wrote: 2 years ago Bryce Hopkins is transferring from Kentucky. Relevant transfer as Hopkins had Indiana in his Top 5 before choosing Kentucky.

I look at anything Goodman releases as relevant. Just like Zags had the inside track with Hurley, Goodman is very obviously Archie's guy.

That alone means this kid should be watched with all the other relevant connections.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I wonder how the Mitchell twins feel about this.....6'9" forward.

Last edited by Billyboy78 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

As Ramster pointed out previously, May1st is the transfer cut-off date to qualify for the no-sit rule.
Players can still transfer later but they would need to be granted a waiver for immediate eligibility.
Currently 1228 players have entered the portal.

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago As Ramster pointed out previously, May1st is the transfer cut-off date to qualify for the no-sit rule.
Players can still transfer later but they would need to be granted a waiver for immediate eligibility.
Currently 1228 players have entered the portal.

Good rule expect to see boatloads of guys enter the portal in the next 3 weeks
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Twins may be good for large bodies to work around in practice. How will they get any significant play time? I just don't see it.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago I have inside scoop, that is verified by a good source. We are getting MORE THAN ONE transfer. :)
Actually... "several"...which is even more than MORE THAN ONE 👍
Transfer upon transfer upon transfer....
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

That forward that just decommited from PC signed a NLI. Is there any penalty for backing out of that? If not then what’s the point?
0 x
GO RAMS
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago That forward that just decommited from PC signed a NLI. Is there any penalty for backing out of that? If not then what’s the point?
Every recruit who is decomitting asks for a release from their NLI and it’s common to be granted

I believe the penalty is losing a year of eligibility. Don’t know how often schools refuse to break it though.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Twins may be good for large bodies to work around in practice. How will they get any significant play time? I just don't see it.
My guess is they each average between 10-14 minutes a game.
0 x
Go Rhody
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I’m legitimately skeptical that The Twins survive a full season with the Razorbacks. Musselman is one of the best in the biz and we all know The Twins can’t handle adversity and are a headache for the HC so it would not shock me if they didn’t last the season.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree with you guys very skeptical about this move to Hogs for the twins , I’d be very surprised if they turn into difference makers there
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 2 years ago Agree with you guys very skeptical about this move to Hogs for the twins , I’d be very surprised if they turn into difference makers there
Much depends on whether sophomore center Jaylin Williams stays in the draft or decides to return.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago That forward that just decommited from PC signed a NLI. Is there any penalty for backing out of that? If not then what’s the point?
Every recruit who is decomitting asks for a release from their NLI and it’s common to be granted

I believe the penalty is losing a year of eligibility. Don’t know how often schools refuse to break it though.
Kids who decommit and get out of their NLI do not lose a year of eligibility.

A ton of kids do this in football and basketball, schools grant their release and they still get four years.
0 x
Go Rhody
PowderBlueButBetter
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PowderBlueButBetter »

Do the twins not need to sit out this year? 2nd time transferring schools, i thought the immediate eligibility rule was for one time transfer players
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 years ago Do the twins not need to sit out this year? 2nd time transferring schools, i thought the immediate eligibility rule was for one time transfer players
They need to get a waiver, which shouldn't be an issue because of the coaching change.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ESPN just came out with their top 100 players in the portal
90 Diggins
91 lander
100 touissant

The twins were listed as honorable mention
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

reef wrote: 2 years ago ESPN just came out with their top 100 players in the portal
90 Diggins
91 lander
100 touissant

The twins were listed as honorable mention
Femi Odukale at 27 too
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Twins may be good for large bodies to work around in practice. How will they get any significant play time? I just don't see it.

. Maybe just maybe , this situation might show how much better Coach Musslemen is than Coach Cox.

Time will tell, but, I would not be surprised if the Mitchell’s flourish in a new and different environment.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago

Kids who decommit and get out of their NLI do not lose a year of eligibility.

A ton of kids do this in football and basketball, schools grant their release and they still get four years.
Eg Jared Terrel
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago

. Maybe just maybe , this situation might show how much better Coach Musslemen is than Coach Cox.

Time will tell, but, I would not be surprised if the Mitchell’s flourish in a new and different environment.
If - and it’s a big if for me - he can get them to change their attitudes, then Musslemen just might pull it off, McRam.

Like some others here, I am very curious to see how it all plays out.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'd bet on it
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago

I'd bet on it
Define "flourish" and I'll bet against it.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago If - and it’s a big if for me - he can get them to change their attitudes, then Musslemen just might pull it off, McRam.
Can't stress enough how big that "if" is.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
McRam wrote: 2 years ago . Maybe just maybe , this situation might show how much better Coach Musslemen is than Coach Cox.

I'd bet on it
Define "flourish" and I'll bet against it.
They'll look good on a good team because Muss won't let them do whatever.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I'd bet on it
I wouldn’t. I would be Makhel gets more run because he’s the better player. I think he’ll be a regular rotation piece. Makhi not so much
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jared G making things happen this off-season
1 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Jared G making things happen this off-season
Per Jon Rothstein's twitter, Edert has committed to Bryant
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago
Nice!
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Wow. Grasso is doing an incredible job at Bryant. Not sure how he is getting these guys to come to Bryant
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

For all the Grasso slander on this board he is absolutely getting it done at Bryant.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

If he gets them dancing again next year can definitely see him moving up in conferences
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago
Can we make him a priority please? I want three pointers to go into the basket next year.

Edit

Ah I see he has committed there already

I thought for sure he would go to a a higher level team.
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

1 x
Common sense is not common.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago
Wow RhodyVault getting Goodman now
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
Wow. Grasso is doing an incredible job at Bryant. Not sure how he is getting these guys to come to Bryant
“These guys” ? You had never heard of Doug Edert 4 weeks ago. And Antwan averaged 8ppg last season. I’m the biggest Twan fan but let’s not make it like he’s getting Lamar Odom to Smithfield. He’s proven he can recruit above his league.
3 x