'20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri ---> Austin Peay ---> Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: '20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri > ???)

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago ATP for the win.
I finally won something!!
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

The holier than thou attitude rampant in this thread sucks period. This is a die hard Rhody fan running a twitter page called Rhody Vault that is promoting Rhode Island basketball. The nitpicking and internet sleuthing that this has generated is beyond pathetic and I question the motives of the same people constantly badgering the guy. I enjoy the content, and sorry, can't get butt hurt if he is claiming to break something first about Rhody if that is not the case. My god, the horrors. It is twitter, and URI basketball, get over yourselves.
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago The holier than thou attitude rampant in this thread sucks period. This is a die hard Rhody fan running a twitter page called Rhody Vault that is promoting Rhode Island basketball. The nitpicking and internet sleuthing that this has generated is beyond pathetic and I question the motives of the same people constantly badgering the guy. I enjoy the content, and sorry, can't get butt hurt if he is claiming to break something first about Rhody if that is not the case. My god, the horrors. It is twitter, and URI basketball, get over yourselves.
1,000,000 percent. The easiest position on the field is on the sidelines.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

By the way, Rhody Vault is now a member here. He joined about a week ago, but hasn't posted yet. He will be soon, I imagine.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Anyways lets hope Durugordon ends up a Ram. Love this kids potential
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago One could say it's easier for a new guy, with no professional reputation, to stick his neck out to be first. Goodman, Rothstein, Koch, Thamel all require a higher threshold be satisfied before they put their reputation on the line.

That said, the timeline supports Rhody Vault.

vs

Thamel’s tweet was 15 mins prior to Rhody Vaults

Though “targeting” may set off the semantics police.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago By the way, Rhody Vault is now a member here. He joined about a week ago, but hasn't posted yet. He will be soon, I imagine.
Awesome he needs to be in KB this will only make things much much better
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago One could say it's easier for a new guy, with no professional reputation, to stick his neck out to be first. Goodman, Rothstein, Koch, Thamel all require a higher threshold be satisfied before they put their reputation on the line.

vs

The Thamel tweet was posted before Rhody Vault's.

This was shown in the post above.

So no, Rhody Vault was 100% not the first to break the Archie news.
1 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

they were 15 mins apart - playing devil's advocate against my own post - Thamel could have been just quicker to the draw, but Vault's info was posted and his own mind was first as he didn't know anyone else posted it, or at least was the first to be definitive about it. So, you could argue he was the first about it as his was the first definitive post indicating it was more of a done deal.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Targeting…

That tweet could have been made days earlier to indicate the parties were working towards an agreement. So it doesn’t indicate an agreement was met and deal made.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i beat them all !!!!!

SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPP
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Targeting…

That tweet could have been made days earlier to indicate the parties were working towards an agreement. So it doesn’t indicate an agreement was met and deal made.
What Thamel's tweet said and what it implied are two different things in my mind. As others have said, guys like him have a very high threshold in terms of what they put out there.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago i beat them all !!!!!

SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPP
Yes but you didn’t beat STC hahahaha
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago i beat them all !!!!!

Yup ☝️
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Regarding Durugordon, I read the word athletic in descriptions of him and it doesn’t cause me concern because my perspective has flipped: when DC was coach the athletic description concerned me because, after 2 years from taking over, I had serious doubts DC (and staff) could take an athlete and coach him up as to skills and basketball IQ.

I no longer have that concern with Archie as coach, but excitement instead. I’ve done a complete 180.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

vs

All of this is irrelevant because it confuses predicting with reporting. I don’t believe Rhody Vault has a source, I believe he is sticking his finger in the air (scouring twitter and probably this board) and looking for stuff that is moving toward happening and then tweeting it as news. It’s a subtle game and likely to burn people who try to play it for too long, but if you hit a couple early then you get to do this charade where you pretend that you’re breaking news. When Thamel or Goodman report something, they have it from someone in a position to know. For someone doing what Rhody Vault is doing, reading the smoke and predicting fire let’s you get in early because you don’t have to wait for a call or a text or a second confirming source, just your gut telling you that this thing is going to happen so now is the time to jump in. It’s like social hacking the news breaking game.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Absolutely spot on.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I think there are more posts on this thread regarding who broke the news first on Archie versus the actual recruit Durugordon.
You would think that discussion has been beat to death.
5 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I think there are more posts on this thread regarding who broke the news first on Archie versus the actual recruit Durugordon.
Hope we close the deal soon so we can close this thread.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I think there are more posts on this thread regarding who broke the news first on Archie versus the actual recruit Durugordon.
i'd really like to get Sean at URI. I was watching his highlights and see a guy who "wants to be like Mike". We surely could use him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

vs

All of this is irrelevant because it confuses predicting with reporting. I don’t believe Rhody Vault has a source, I believe he is sticking his finger in the air (scouring twitter and probably this board) and looking for stuff that is moving toward happening and then tweeting it as news. It’s a subtle game and likely to burn people who try to play it for too long, but if you hit a couple early then you get to do this charade where you pretend that you’re breaking news. When Thamel or Goodman report something, they have it from someone in a position to know. For someone doing what Rhody Vault is doing, reading the smoke and predicting fire let’s you get in early because you don’t have to wait for a call or a text or a second confirming source, just your gut telling you that this thing is going to happen so now is the time to jump in. It’s like social hacking the news breaking game.
How did this end up in the Sean Durugordon recruiting thread? Looks like it got pasted here in error?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago
i'd really like to get Sean at URI. I was watching his highlights and see a guy who "wants to be like Mike". We surely could use him.
I really like his upside, just wasn't given much of a chance at Mizzou.

He was a stud in HS, very athletic and can really shoot it.

I think he can be an impact wing in the A10, hope we land him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago

I really like his upside, just wasn't given much of a chance at Mizzou.

He was a stud in HS, very athletic and can really shoot it.

I think he can be an impact wing in the A10, hope we land him.
Missouri only shot 28% on 3FGs as a team while their opponents shot 35%. Ronnie DeGray III, the transfer from UMASS, got some good playing time off the bench.

8D01C533-3C37-4488-9ACF-2D7E5A6A2623.png
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Mizzou was hampered by bad coaching so it's hard to get a read on their players. (I'm sure others are saying the same about Rhody transfers.)
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Speaking of Missouri where Dennis Gates from Cleveland State is taking over pretty nice money for Charlton Young signing him for 3 years.

Might have thought Missouri would try to keep Durugordon being only a freshman and such poor 3P shooting in the current team.

0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Now I watched Missouri a couple of times this year and they were BAD!

Straight up worse than us I think. Definitely no better.

This dude is a total question mark for me.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Bri234u
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bri234u »

I would be excited to watch Sean in a Rhody uniform. Looks like an incredible athlete. I have full confidence in Archie helping him reach his potential. Let's Go!
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Would love for Sean to be the first domino to fall, and help us get a couple more top notch transfers
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Let's go!!!!!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

Sean gives me big Malik Martin vibes(who is my favorite player on this current roster). Not sure how the two will generally fit on the court together next year if Sean does commit but I can see them absolutely terrorizing opposing teams on the offensive glass.
0 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Big Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago Sean gives me big Malik Martin vibes(who is my favorite player on this current roster). Not sure how the two will generally fit on the court together next year if Sean does commit but I can see them absolutely terrorizing opposing teams on the offensive glass.
Why didn’t Malik terrorize opposing teams this year? He was average at best.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

How about because our coach SUCKED !!
0 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

[/quote]

Malik was excellent on the offensive glass all year and especially when he was moved into the starting line up. That is the specific aspect of his game I was talking about.
1 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
Big Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago Sean gives me big Malik Martin vibes(who is my favorite player on this current roster). Not sure how the two will generally fit on the court together next year if Sean does commit but I can see them absolutely terrorizing opposing teams on the offensive glass.
Not every player on a team can or needs to be a 20ppg scorer. Malik is great at what he is. A high end A10 role player. Swiss Army knife, can guard multiple positions, high character leader. Coaches kill for those guys
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Malik was tops on the team in offensive rebounding percentage this past season. URI as a whole was a pretty average offensive rebounding team nationally, so maybe not terrorized. But there was no one better on their roster.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago Malik was tops on the team in offensive rebounding percentage this past season. URI as a whole was a pretty average offensive rebounding team nationally, so maybe not terrorized. But there was no one better on their roster.
Was 332 in D1 in OR% this past season.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Let's go!!!!!
I absolutely love this kid , he has nice form on his jumper seems athletic and can shoot off the dribble , I hope Arch can close the deal on him
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Needs to see the place before he commits. Only visit scheduled.
6 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Needs to see the place before he commits. Only visit scheduled.
Seeing the place will convince him. Archie's first transfer.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Needs to see the place before he commits. Only visit scheduled.
Seeing the place will convince him. Archie's first transfer.
This will be a huge get for Arch and URI
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago

I would agree that he had an average season most of the year, but I thought Malik was our best player once Cox made the switch and put him in the starting lineup late in the year. Great d, hustle and battled.

In his final game he dropped 20 and 9 rebs. Let's hope he has more games like that for us next year
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Is he visiting the same time as Diggins? I think selling them on each other would be a solid tactic. having them both here would help put us close to the top of the A10 again quickly.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 2 years ago Is he visiting the same time as Diggins? I think selling them on each other would be a solid tactic. having them both here would help put us close to the top of the A10 again quickly.
We don't know but let's hope so!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 2 years ago Is he visiting the same time as Diggins? I think selling them on each other would be a solid tactic. having them both here would help put us close to the top of the A10 again quickly.
The timelines would see me match up closely.

Diggins visiting UMass first then Rhody after that, Durugordon next week, so my guess would be they’ll be here together.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

UMass also interested in Durugordon now too.

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t think the Diggins visit is going to happen with Freeman committing.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

BYU can just cancel that zoom. Archie will close Durugordon when he is on his (in person) visit. I wonder where BYU takes him for his zoom dinner.
5 x