It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

New billboard spotted yesterday on 95S on Providence/Cranston line
RHODY BASKETBALL with Tammi and Archie photos!
Is it November yet???
8 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by CamsRams »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago New billboard spotted yesterday on 95S on Providence/Cranston line
Is it November yet???
Can somebody please post a picture?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I saw it theother day going South on 95. Almost crashed trying to take a picture. :shock:
3 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Is it with Dunkin again on digital where it flips or static?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Is it with Dunkin again on digital where it flips or static?
Pretty sure it's static. Really confirms the unprecedented commitment to both basketball programs.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The billboard is great. Probably only a few miles from the PC one.
1 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Arch getting fired up , nice
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago New billboard spotted yesterday on 95S on Providence/Cranston line
Is it November yet???
I'm so fucking amped with literally no outlet rn. Why the hell doesn't college basketball start back up in April. Ridiculous oversight IMHO.
7 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago
Is it November yet???
Can somebody please post a picture?
Hard to capture....Its on the left side while driving southbound.
It is static and I didn't see any Dunkin' writing on it!
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Looks like marketing has already stepped it up.....the sky's the limit here!
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Agreed. Archie and Tammi are a homerun to market the programs.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Agreed. Archie and Tammi are a homerun to market the programs.
…….looking forward to seeing them later, on the new billboards, heading to PVD later for meet and greet with new President…….Go Rhody
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Agreed. Archie and Tammi are a homerun to market the programs.
…….looking forward to seeing them later, on the new billboards, heading to PVD later for meet and greet with new President…….Go Rhody
…….just back from this event, I have this in summary, President Mark gets it…….Athletics is in good hands……..could not have been more impressed
7 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

…….just back from this event, I have this in summary, President Mark gets it…….Athletics is in good hands……..could not have been more impressed
Any big details?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

My father was also in attendance and just sent me his report. Really impressed with the Prez. Said literally the same thing about “he gets it.” Said really good energy at the event - people are buzzing.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
Any big details?
…Big details, yes…….credit to Thor who, according to President Mark, schooled him in the need to go big on hoops……in 5 days
5 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Any big details?
…Big details, yes…….credit to Thor who, according to President Mark, schooled him in the need to go big on hoops……
Thorr is not wrong.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Any big details?
…Big details, yes…….credit to Thor who, according to President Mark, schooled him in the need to go big on hoops……in 5 days
My daughter is in high school and gets letters from colleges all the time. Most she has never heard of and throws them away. She got a letter from Seton Hall and said they were in the Tournament. She read the whole letter. It matters. It's a huge thing for kids when they decide colleges.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

….side note, it is/was not as scary going north of the Tower to the City…….but then again it was still daylight before the ATV parade usually started…..
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Billboard on opposite side of 95S. Pushing Season Tickets. Good pictures or Tammi and Archie.

There's a couple sponsors listed below including Dunkin and Ryan Center. Couldn't make out the middle two.
Attachments
IMG_1919.PNG
5 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Billboard on opposite side of 95S. Pushing Season Tickets. Good pictures or Tammi and Archie.

There's a couple sponsors listed below including Dunkin and Ryan Center. Couldn't make out the middle two.
Middle left is RIPTA - middle right is too light to confidently identify it.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Love the effort now would like to see some better art direction and creative treatment still pretty basic here.

Would love a Hard. Fast. Smart. Together version for Archie eventually. PC has done great work using Cooley quotes as branding mechanisms.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Love the effort now would like to see some better art direction and creative treatment still pretty basic here.

Would love a Hard. Fast. Smart. Together version for Archie eventually. PC has done great work using Cooley quotes as branding mechanisms.
Right. I was in RI yesterday and they still have that “Us. We. Together. Family.” friartown billboard up as you come into Providence from the south. I don’t know that we need to completely rip that off but something in that genre where it is specific to us. We don’t have much of a brand right now, but now is a good time to get to work in establishing one.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This is our brand now

1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago This is our brand now

That ain't half bad. At least there's evidence of some art direction here.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Good so let’s throw it on a billboard already
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I love it. Thought it looked awesome first time I saw it. Why wouldn't I. It's The Blue Ram :D
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Attitude? I thought the problem was players with an ATTITUDE!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I saw the billboard today when I was driving South on 95. Good Lord is it a graphic and typographic nightmare. The images of Archie and Tammi should be front and center. And the typography is virtually unreadable and a hideous clash of fonts. I think our marketing department needs to be the next major shake up.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

“Our marketing department sucks, we need billboards” - posters last 3 years

*Get multiple billboards*

“These billboards suck we need better ones” - posters now

People here never disappoint.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I want a sweatshirt with that blue ram on it.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Attitude? I thought the problem was players with an ATTITUDE!
I'm wondering how many people won't get that this is said tongue in cheek and that is 100% because you're such an avid shitposter here.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago “Our marketing department sucks, we need billboards” - posters last 3 years

It’s called wanting more. Not being complacent. Building a brand. These things matter. I’m sure our coach isn’t complacent.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago “Our marketing department sucks, we need billboards” - posters last 3 years

It’s called wanting more. Not being complacent. Building a brand. These things matter. I’m sure our coach isn’t complacent.
Gotta start somewhere though, which we did.
0 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I would make it our own and personalize it

RAMITUDE
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

That’s corny
4 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

so what you are saying is you don’t like it ?

TP I said I would do that not you

We are oil and vinegar but I still love you :)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We used to say, 'Ram it, PC' back in the day.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Thanks billy - I needed a lifeline there !
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago I would make it our own and personalize it

RAMITUDE
…….sold, Roady Jay, make some signs…….wishful thinkingGo Rhody
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

This doesn’t take a masters in advertising. Some art direction and “It’s Miller Time” as the headline, great photo of Archie overlooking the RC and we done. Throw the new logo on there call it a day.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago This doesn’t take a masters in advertising. Some art direction and “It’s Miller Time” as the headline, great photo of Archie overlooking the RC and we done. Throw the new logo on there call it a day.
I mean, if it weren't for those pesky copyright laws that would work
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago This doesn’t take a masters in advertising. Some art direction and “It’s Miller Time” as the headline, great photo of Archie overlooking the RC and we done. Throw the new logo on there call it a day.
I brought up this t-shirt that Archie's wife Morgan used to wear. Couldn't we do something like that with 'Rhody High Life' or 'It's Rhody Time'?

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-ba ... irt/224335
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I brought up this t-shirt that Archie's wife Morgan used to wear. Couldn't we do something like that with 'Rhody High Life' or 'It's Rhody Time'?

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Uhh, we can't use "Miller Time" in an official capacity unless you want to pay Miller Coors a metric shit ton in copyright infringement damages
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I think what DPS is getting at - it's one thing if the wife of a coach does a one-off t-shirt, or if a small group of students decides to make a batch of t-shirts. However, if it's going to be university-approved gear available in a fan store, then you're going to need a sign-off from Miller beer. I have no idea how difficult that would be to procure - some companies would view it as free advertising, some might want a cut of every shirt sold, some might want a large fee upfront, and so on.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Officially no, copyright infringement. If someone makes up a small batch of shirts independently they can probably get away with it because it could fly underneath the Miller Coors lawyers radar, but at that point why are you chancing it?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Officially no, copyright infringement. If someone makes up a small batch of shirts independently they can probably get away with it because it could fly underneath the Miller Coors lawyers radar, but at that point why are you chancing it?
Well, obviously you wouldn't do it unless something was worked out with the beer company first. Then if nothing can be negotiated, you don't do it.
1 x
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

How about going through the local Miller distributor to work something out with the company . I believe that the distributor might have strong ties and a history with URI ? It would be a WIN , WIN for Miller , FREE local advertising with NO expense or downside !
0 x