It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ram1019 wrote: 2 years ago Has anyone else caught this in today's Projo Letters to Editor? I figured these people would inevitably be coming out of the woodwork...
Those mouthbreathers always exist. They also don't understand anything - like the fact that the athletics budget is typically funded by student fees, 3/4 of his comp is paid for by gate receipts, and I'm not sure about payroll for his base salary - but at best, the state funded 19% of the last budget I saw in FY21 - so figure the most that the state would actually be on the hook for is like $80k.

I wonder if he complained about all the tax dollars used to pay for the Dunkin Donuts center rehab?

Or that his state tax dollars pay the City of Providence a couple million a year through the PILOT program to account for the fact that PC sits on tax exempt property?

No? Maybe that guy should go fuck himself then.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by theblueram »

That's classic Smarty. This guy Al should move to Kansas. Self makes $10.1M. A YEAR!!!! Guy would have an aneurism.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Ram1019 wrote: 2 years ago Has anyone else caught this in today's Projo Letters to Editor? I figured these people would inevitably be coming out of the woodwork...
Yes I saw it. The ProJo mentioned this in articles about Miller’s hire. ProJo compared to Cox’ salary, compared to Professors at URI. I saw something similar to Frank Martin’s salary at UMASS.

BUT,

Nowhere do you read about the market rate for D1 Head Coach Salaries.
And ZERO mention of Ed Cooley making $3.4 million per year - and likely to go up by $1 Million or more with Sweet 16 appearance.

They say Miller is more than double Cox but no mention that Cooley is double Miller.
And conveniently leave out the fact that the state only contributes a very small percent to the URI budget.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Ha ha we got a on campus arena, practice facility coming and now have a elite coach soon to be recruiting elite players. Ha ha let the Smith Hill/Friartown whining begin!!!

Ha ha ha.

Yeah I know you got a hockey team :(

No baseball tho

Get ready for more whining!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago That's classic Smarty. This guy Al should move to Kansas. Self makes $10.1M. A YEAR!!!! Guy would have an aneurism.
Imagine if the states actually paid the basketball coach’s salary, too. I mean, if that came from the taxpayers then 10.1M is like $505k for each Kansas resident every year!
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

UMass held their presser for Frank Martin today and a comparison to the Miller welcome to URI is in order. Martin was introduced by the UMass AD Bamford. The UMass president and the MA governor were not in attendance. Martin who is about 13 years older than Archie gave a long and nice talk and mentioned that in his stints at both K-State and South Carolina the schools had court success never before achieved and that both schools experienced record season ticket sales. He described his teams as blue collar/lunch pail types. Good talk though lots of motherhood and apple pie cliches'. The event was held at the UMass practice facility which is bigger than the Welcome Center so the crowd was likely larger, but it certainly did not compare in enthusiasm, buzz and the standing "O" that Archie Miller received when he entered the room at URI. The rivalry looks like it will step up a notch with two new and experienced coaches now in place. I can't wait.
6 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Frank Martin's presser has more views on youtube 😑
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I find it interesting that there wasn't more interest in Archie from BE, ACC or SEC teams - B10 schools were unlikely to take a coach fired by another member. Archie & wife went to UNCC, she is from the south, and their daughter is going to school in Louisiana. Archie was the best available coach for the URI program and URI was the best available program for Archie.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Frank Martin's presser has more views on youtube 😑
Invalid comparison. Archie's event was streamed on Facebook and WPRI.com, and the on-demand youtube videos are cut up into pieces.

The facebook stream has 7600+ views and the WPRI youtube video has over 1000, and that doesn't include live views on wpri.com.

Don't worry, many more Rhody fans watched and care about Archie's hiring than UMass fans with Martin. Not even close.
7 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I find it interesting that there wasn't more interest in Archie from BE, ACC or SEC teams - B10 schools were unlikely to take a coach fired by another member. Archie & wife went to UNCC, she is from the south, and their daughter is going to school in Louisiana. Archie was the best available coach for the URI program and URI was the best available program for Archie.
Maybe Thorr just beat them to the punch.
4 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago I find it interesting that there wasn't more interest in Archie from BE, ACC or SEC teams - B10 schools were unlikely to take a coach fired by another member. Archie & wife went to UNCC, she is from the south, and their daughter is going to school in Louisiana. Archie was the best available coach for the URI program and URI was the best available program for Archie.
Any P6 conference is a fairly level playing field. If you fail at the P6 level, a school of a similar pedigree just in a different conference isn’t going to stick their neck out for you.

His likely only opportunities to stay P6 were lower level jobs like Georgia, Missouri, etc. Those are very hard places to be successful given the perennially powerhouses you have to play every night.

Better off getting back to winning in familiar territory in the A10, and provided he does that, and so desires, get a shot at a better brand name P6 program down the line.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
Any P6 conference is a fairly level playing field. If you fail at the P6 level, a school of a similar pedigree just in a different conference isn’t going to stick their neck out for you.

His likely only opportunities to stay P6 were lower level jobs like Georgia, Missouri, etc. Those are very hard places to be successful given the perennially powerhouses you have to play every night.

Better off getting back to winning in familiar territory in the A10, and provided he does that, and so desires, get a shot at a better brand name P6 program down the line.
Although his brother Sean went from Arizona, sat out a year just like Archie, then went to Xavier (where he had previously Coached).
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Archie played basketball at NC State and Morgan was on the Track Team at NC State. I think you meant that but put UNCC which would by NC Charlotte.
The school in Louisiana is LSU.

I’d agree interesting that more P5 teams did not show interest. Might be that Thorr was knocking on the door earlier than most - beat others to the punch.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think Archie realized that this move [back to the A10] would be the best for him, at least in the short term.

Some coaches find their "sweet spot" so to speak at a certain level.

And our level could turn out to be perfect for him.

Dayton was, and now we're very similar to them in our commitment levels.

Let's hope that when we start to reach the level of success that Archie had at Dayton, that he will see that's where he should be for the LONG term.
4 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago

Although his brother Sean went from Arizona, sat out a year just like Archie, then went to Xavier (where he had previously Coached).
I think you solved your own riddle with your parenthetical statement...unless that was the joke and I missed it?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I do think URI caught a bit of a break in the Archie sweepstakes in that the NC State and Butler jobs didn’t open up.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

STC wrote: 2 years ago I do think URI caught a bit of a break in the Archie sweepstakes in that the NC State and Butler jobs didn’t open up.
I don't think so. NC State was open the same time he took Indiana. His comments at the time were something along the lines of "I loved my time as a player, but I'm in a different place now" sort of thing.

I get IU is a top 10 job in college basketball - but if the alma mater thing mattered to Archie, you'd think that would trump anything else and that would be the "forever" job.

Butler just fired a coach who had an NCAA appearance and win, but didn't get back for 4 years. That might be a little too similar for him.

I think the IU firing changed him. He wasn't used to failure. And being at a place that has out-of-whack expectations may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Archie knows the A-10. Knows he can recruit for the A-10. Knows he can win and dance in the A-10. Moreso, of Butler and NC State - when have they ever consistently been the class of their conference? Butler will never be Nova. Never be UConn. NC State will never be Kentucky. But URI could be Dayton, could be VCU - we literally were when Archie was going against us. I think that's a huge differentiator.

He has all the support in the world here, more than Danny had when we were the class of the A-10. More importantly - a fanbase that is patient and has significantly lower expectations. There's no pressure to win next year or the year after. Just to improve - whether or not that means an NCAA in the first 3 years. Obviously the expectation is to get us back to where Hurley had us, but we're so starved for any type of winning that we understand what waiting it out means.

Hurley was given 5 years and steadily improved, received extensions and program improvements along the way.

I guarantee you there's a part of Dan that misses being loved unconditionally like he was here - where we're just happy to be good. Instead of pissed every time you lose a game, even if you're ranked, even if you rebuilt the program, even if you beat top 10 teams, even if you produce NBA talent, even if you make the tournament - nothing is good enough.

Archie will be a God in Kingston just because we'll have hope. We'll improve, and that will be enough for the first few years. As it should be.

Arch made his payday. And it's not like he's making peanuts here. With the offset from IU he's making $3M+ these next couple years no matter where he goes. Wouldn't expect him to leave with a cap like that, especially when he can bring in and afford his staff, recruit with a practice facility, and build a true legacy.

I think a lot of that stuff matters more than some on here are giving credit for.

Think about in your own job. If you have a boss and team looking over your shoulder every day and berating you about it not being good enough right out of the gate - is that some place you want to be no matter what your income is?

Archie talked about learning from his mistakes, and I'm sure in Thorr's pitch to him, he talked about the same with Hurley. Probably about how we should've had these things in place then, but we have them in place now. All we need is the right coach.

For once, this is a process we can all enjoy. Low expectations, just improvement. And I still don't think a Brooklyn run or some shocking wins is out of the question. It'll be fun to watch. All aboard!
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

When Archie gets us back to the tourney, I want to see a nice, shiny, new 10 year contract for him too. And don't give me anything about CFL. This is a great, still YOUNG coach. Remember, although he's been around for a while, Archie is younger than that QB who plays in Tampa.
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Frank Martin's presser has more views on youtube 😑
Invalid comparison. Archie's event was streamed on Facebook and WPRI.com, and the on-demand youtube videos are cut up into pieces.

The facebook stream has 7600+ views and the WPRI youtube video has over 1000, and that doesn't include live views on wpri.com.

Don't worry, many more Rhody fans watched and care about Archie's hiring than UMass fans with Martin. Not even close.
Phew! :lol:
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
STC wrote: 2 years ago I do think URI caught a bit of a break in the Archie sweepstakes in that the NC State and Butler jobs didn’t open up.
I don't think so. NC State was open the same time he took Indiana. His comments at the time were something along the lines of "I loved my time as a player, but I'm in a different place now" sort of thing.

I get IU is a top 10 job in college basketball - but if the alma mater thing mattered to Archie, you'd think that would trump anything else and that would be the "forever" job.

Butler just fired a coach who had an NCAA appearance and win, but didn't get back for 4 years. That might be a little too similar for him.

I think the IU firing changed him. He wasn't used to failure. And being at a place that has out-of-whack expectations may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Archie knows the A-10. Knows he can recruit for the A-10. Knows he can win and dance in the A-10. Moreso, of Butler and NC State - when have they ever consistently been the class of their conference? Butler will never be Nova. Never be UConn. NC State will never be Kentucky. But URI could be Dayton, could be VCU - we literally were when Archie was going against us. I think that's a huge differentiator.

He has all the support in the world here, more than Danny had when we were the class of the A-10. More importantly - a fanbase that is patient and has significantly lower expectations. There's no pressure to win next year or the year after. Just to improve - whether or not that means an NCAA in the first 3 years. Obviously the expectation is to get us back to where Hurley had us, but we're so starved for any type of winning that we understand what waiting it out means.

Hurley was given 5 years and steadily improved, received extensions and program improvements along the way.

I guarantee you there's a part of Dan that misses being loved unconditionally like he was here - where we're just happy to be good. Instead of pissed every time you lose a game, even if you're ranked, even if you rebuilt the program, even if you beat top 10 teams, even if you produce NBA talent, even if you make the tournament - nothing is good enough.

Archie will be a God in Kingston just because we'll have hope. We'll improve, and that will be enough for the first few years. As it should be.

Arch made his payday. And it's not like he's making peanuts here. With the offset from IU he's making $3M+ these next couple years no matter where he goes. Wouldn't expect him to leave with a cap like that, especially when he can bring in and afford his staff, recruit with a practice facility, and build a true legacy.

I think a lot of that stuff matters more than some on here are giving credit for.

Think about in your own job. If you have a boss and team looking over your shoulder every day and berating you about it not being good enough right out of the gate - is that some place you want to be no matter what your income is?

Archie talked about learning from his mistakes, and I'm sure in Thorr's pitch to him, he talked about the same with Hurley. Probably about how we should've had these things in place then, but we have them in place now. All we need is the right coach.

For once, this is a process we can all enjoy. Low expectations, just improvement. And I still don't think a Brooklyn run or some shocking wins is out of the question. It'll be fun to watch. All aboard!
Well I guess I’ll be on the only one sweating it out when these jobs come open the next few years.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

STC wrote: 2 years ago

Well I guess I’ll be on the only one sweating it out when these jobs come open the next few years.
Ain't the old URI. With this contract and the investments I've got a lot more faith in a great coach sticking around.

It's not like we got Archie as an up-and-comer. We got him when he was already a huge name. He's already been to the top of the top as far as college basketball jobs are concerned, maybe he didn't like what he found.

Believe in Rhody! The sky is not falling!
5 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m also in the camp of worrying about Buter, NC State, Pitt, and Clemson all probably opening up the next year or two.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

STC wrote: 2 years ago

Ain't the old URI. With this contract and the investments I've got a lot more faith in a great coach sticking around.

It's not like we got Archie as an up-and-comer. We got him when he was already a huge name. He's already been to the top of the top as far as college basketball jobs are concerned, maybe he didn't like what he found.

Believe in Rhody! The sky is not falling!
Why would Archie bring his family here and bail in a year or two? He explained how much he learned after taking on a big-time program. He's going to go do that again after a season or two with us? I don't think so..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Some excellent points made by Bill in the article. Thanks, Steveys.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I think we got Arch here for the long haul hopefully at least 10 years
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago I’m also in the camp of worrying about Buter, NC State, Pitt, and Clemson all probably opening up the next year or two.
I love that we're doing this 1 week into the Archie Miller era.

I'll go down the list.

Butler -
Jordan makes $1.7M - less than Archie does here. Large buyout.
Big East
- not sure he wants to recruit/coach against his brother twice a year.
- harder conference to win in
- Butler will never be Nova, UConn, or the brand name of the Big East
- not sure he wants to go back to Indiana and deal with everything there.
- would be stepping into another rebuild in a harder conference to get built up in.
- I'm sure he wants to get winning, not keep rebuilding programs
- basketball school - sure - but one of several within driving distance of that campus. IU, Purdue, ND, etc

NC State -
Keatts makes $2.7M - less than Archie these first two years with IU offset. Close to what Archie will make the last few years here.
ACC
- NC state will never be Duke or UNC, or Virginia, or the brand name of the ACC
- if he really wanted to go lead his alma mater, he could've in 2017 when he was their #1 target. He didn't. There's plenty of articles out there that talk about how it was never even on his radar.
- Recruiting against major schools in his own backyard - Wake, Duke, UNC, Clemson
- again, would be a rebuild
- football school

Clemson -
Brownell nowhere near the hotseat. $2.7M - less than Archie first two years with the offset.
ACC
- NC state will never be Duke or UNC, or Virginia, or the brand name of the ACC
- Recruiting against major schools in his own backyard - Wake, Duke, UNC, NC State
- football school

Pitt -
Jeff Capel makes a ton. $3.5M. 4-5 years left with a massive buyout.
ACC
- Pitt will never be Duke or UNC, or Virginia, or the brand name of the ACC
- football school-ish. They left a great basketball conference for a football conference.
- rebuild

Pitt is probably the only one with the "pro" of him "going home" but really - he went to school at NC State. I'm sure he was on Pitt's radar in 2016 when they lowered their buyout to let Dixon walk to TCU. Their fans have way out-of-whack expectations and were fine letting Dixon walk because he didn't go far enough in the tournament - ONLY getting to the elite 8 once. And two other sweet 16s. Even though he made the NCAA 11/13 years, won at least one game in 8/11 years. In his rebuilding years he made the NIT and won the CBI.

This isn't the Hurley situation. Archie's contract is right in line compensation wise with those jobs mentioned. We have the assistant coaching budget to allow Arch to hire whoever he wants. We have a practice facility. We have charter flights. I imagine as the years go on - with Marc Parlange supporting athletics, we will provide everything Arch thinks he needs to win.

Again, we are in the A-10. A conference Archie can over-recruit for, can win in, and can be dominant in. Both Archie and URI have shown extended periods of dominance in the conference very recently. Finally URI is investing like Dayton to keep us there.

Our expectations are low. We will be patient. And we are a basketball school. It drives the bus. He is king dick. We won't make a rash decision to leave the conference for football benefit. Something basketball needs will not be put on hold for anything else.

Can we stop chicken littling for once?? Everyone is pumped that we're finally operating like a big time basketball program, but for some reason people want to revert to thinking we're small time.

The investments we made now prevent us from being a stepping-stone school. And if Archie does leave, it'll be because he turned us around and made us dominant. And we'll move these investments to the next Archie Miller and continue to be competitive like Dayton and VCU.

Archie already jumped. He went to the biggest program in college basketball not named Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UCLA, or Kansas. He had a miserable experience and wasn't given the patience or understanding to a) let his system take shape, b) realize that he would've made the dance in 2020, c) had half his starting lineup injured the year he was fired.

Does it really sound like a guy who took a year to self-reflect from basketball for the first time in 30 years wants to risk going into that situation again?

Just be happy, ye of little faith. Enjoy this.
9 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about anything like this at all we are set
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I agree with you Blue Man!!! ENJOY!
Great place to coach, Great Fanbase, Great facility, Big fish small pond, and the University is kicking down some cash!!
AND
Clam Cakes and Chowda!!!!!!!
What else could you ask for!!!!
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

Thanks ATP for that clarification. What I find interesting, I post a positive view of the comparison between the two pressers and the coaches and the first response I got was a negative post. Jeez!
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I can't find this letters to the editor on line - I do have a projo digital subscription (it was $1 for 6 months so I went for it) - anyone know of an available link? I'd like to respond.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago I agree with you Blue Man!!! ENJOY!
Great place to coach, Great Fanbase, Great facility, Big fish small pond, and the University is kicking down some cash!!
AND
Clam Cakes and Chowda!!!!!!!
What else could you ask for!!!!
cold beer
0 x
:lol:
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

A47893CC-A4A8-42D2-8AE8-2C389F991F30.png
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
I can't find this letters to the editor on line - I do have a projo digital subscription (it was $1 for 6 months so I went for it) - anyone know of an available link? I'd like to respond.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Is this the earliest URI has started to sell rhody ruckus memberships? Anyways it’s smart from them to get students onboard the hype train.

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago Is this the earliest URI has started to sell rhody ruckus memberships? Anyways it’s smart from them to get students onboard the hype train.

Students better jump on, cause we are in for a ride!!! Welcome to the show!!!!!!
1 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago A47893CC-A4A8-42D2-8AE8-2C389F991F30.png
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
With a H/T to the Simpsons - Title for the letter should be Old Man Yells At Clouds
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago Is this the earliest URI has started to sell rhody ruckus memberships? Anyways it’s smart from them to get students onboard the hype train.

Students better jump on, cause we are in for a ride!!! Welcome to the show!!!!!!
Hell yeah. I want the student section sold out every game while they’re on campus.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I would give students incentives to attend the 5 or 6 games during break, whether it be t-shirts, food, whatever. There are plenty of URI students from Rhode Island, Eastern Connecticut and Southeastern Mass to fill up those seats during break. Even if it only attracted 400-500 students per game in year 1, it's a lot better than close to zero that we get now. Then build it from there.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I would give students incentives to attend the 5 or 6 games during break, whether it be t-shirts, food, whatever. There are plenty of URI students from Rhode Island, Eastern Connecticut and Southeastern Mass to fill up those seats during break. Even if it only attracted 400-500 students per game in year 1, it's a lot better than close to zero that we get now. Then build it from there.
Agreed. If the team was actually good I think they’d drive down with giveaways like you said.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I can see program marketing take a huge jump soon, which is sorely needed here.

Archie knows what it takes...he was in the middle of it at Dayton, and finally the administration is totally on board.

For us old timers, this is something that we've never seen here....wish Rod was here to see it.
5 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

An Archie Miller bobblehead doll?? Where can I get me one of those?
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 2 years ago An Archie Miller bobblehead doll?? Where can I get me one of those?
I hope it's with the presser jacket on!!!!!
6 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Winning will bring back all fans - not shtick! Our thin roster at this moment will not help. Let's see the roster that Archie recruits.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

We need 5 years of sustained winning to get the consistent 7000+ attendance we want for most of our games.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Ramulous wrote: 2 years ago We need 5 years of sustained winning to get the consistent 7000+ attendance we want for most of our games.
Not sure it’s that drastic when you go and make a splash hire like Archie. Bet he could see that on 2-3 years if it happens they way I think it could.

Honestly one good season - you sell out the games in Feb/mar and if the squad is coming back the bump will last the next year.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Mouth breather is such a good insult. Great job as always
Those mouthbreathers always exist. They also don't understand anything - like the fact that the athletics budget is typically funded by student fees, 3/4 of his comp is paid for by gate receipts, and I'm not sure about payroll for his base salary - but at best, the state funded 19% of the last budget I saw in FY21 - so figure the most that the state would actually be on the hook for is like $80k.

I wonder if he complained about all the tax dollars used to pay for the Dunkin Donuts center rehab?

Or that his state tax dollars pay the City of Providence a couple million a year through the PILOT program to account for the fact that PC sits on tax exempt property?

1 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I find it interesting that you persist in posting here despite the fact that your posts are either ignored or universally reviled.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

URI96 wrote: 2 years ago Mouth breather is such a good insult. Great job as always

ED649E0B-1057-4156-998E-426A283A1141.jpeg
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
I find it interesting that you persist in posting here despite the fact that your posts are either ignored or universally reviled.
ditto
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!