It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by steviep123 »

Not sure if this was posted already

https://www.yurview.com/featured/hard-s ... de-island/
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

I suppose the other thing about a longtime coach not advancing enough in the ncaat is that if the coach does start to advance, then he becomes a more attractive target to better schools.

If you win some games in the ncaat, then everybody knows who you are, you are on everybody's radar, and you become the target for anybody that needs a new coach.

So not advancing is good in that you don't have a bunch of other schools always sniffing around, but it's bad in that you're not advancing in the ncaat enough.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Archie was so successful that everybody wanted him, and we lost him.

If somebody doesn't want to poach your coach, then there's a problem.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago

I emailed him also last night and told him about this board , his name is Nathan , hopefully he checks it out and I agree his content is outstanding
How can one be such a huge Rhody Hoop fan and not know about this place? It’s not like he’s Computer illiterate.
I don't think we require an account to read, right? If that's the case, I'm sure he checks it out from time to time, but might not post. (I have at least one friend who's the same way.)
Yes was very strange , I asked him if he was on KB just assuming he was and he said no he wasn’t send him a link and he would check it out . I just told him to come here and register. He said he only started his website 4 weeks ago . Hopefully he stops by as he provides really good content
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Please no more Cooley talk in this thread other than the connection with Archie.

To get back on track, this is a very solid submission from Bill Koch:
5 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

How can one be such a huge Rhody Hoop fan and not know about this place? It’s not like he’s Computer illiterate.
I don't think we require an account to read, right? If that's the case, I'm sure he checks it out from time to time, but might not post. (I have at least one friend who's the same way.)
Yes was very strange , I asked him if he was on KB just assuming he was and he said no he wasn’t send him a link and he would check it out . I just told him to come here and register. He said he only started his website 4 weeks ago . Hopefully he stops by as he provides really good content
Here's his website. All of the videos and interviews, plus a lot of stats and stuff.

https://www.rhodyvault.com/
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Please no more Cooley talk in this thread other than the connection with Archie.

To get back on track, this is a very solid submission from Bill Koch:
"Their brittle character and flagging confidence were exposed time and again by programs they devoured in conference play just four short years ago."

That's a devastating, but not in any way false, line right there
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

Here's his website. All of the videos and interviews, plus a lot of stats and stuff.

https://www.rhodyvault.com/
Really enjoyed the Garrick interview, outstanding
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Attached is the FULL Contract from a good friend.
Archie Miller Contract March 2022.pdf
(316.24 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

When is Archie's interview with Stone gonna be posted?

I need to inject more Archie content in my veins
3 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago When is Archie's interview with Stone gonna be posted?

Here you go https://www.yurview.com/featured/archie ... o-anybody/
3 x
Common sense is not common.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Here is the direct link to the interview on YouTube if that helps anyone.

7 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago When is Archie's interview with Stone gonna be posted?

More goosebumps.. awesome job by stone and Archie..is it November yet.
6 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Attached is the FULL Contract from a good friend.

Archie Miller Contract March 2022.pdf
so reading this makes it seem that the $765k salary pool for assistants includes the 3 assistants and the 3 other staff members.

Consistent with University policies, the Coach shall have the right to select,
manage, terminate and retain three (3) full time assistant men’s basketball coaches and three (3)
other full time staff members, who shall be paid on the bi-weekly payroll subject to the same
payroll deductions and the same benefits that apply to the University’s non-academic
administrative employees. A salary pool of $765,000.00 (Seven Hundred Sixty-Five Thousand
and no/100 Dollars) will be used for the salaries for these positions.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the direct link to the interview on YouTube if that helps anyone.
Thanks for posting, great interview Stone!
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago

More goosebumps.. awesome job by stone and Archie..is it November yet.

very enjoyable interview !

RHODY RHODY RHODY
RAMS RAMS RAMS !
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Here is the direct link to the interview on YouTube if that helps anyone.

🥰🥰🥰
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It makes me so proud that someone as talented as stone went to URI, loves URI, and adds value to my degree with everything he does.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoDFF, I'm pretty sure that's a joke...
Hey Blue Man,
I took the time to respond to your post with 3 posts of my own, and I asked you a question on page 6 of this thread. Are you going to respond? Not sure why you felt the need to insult me like that.

My point is legit: prior to this year, Cooley had 6 ncaat appearances in 10 years at PC and made it to round of 32 once. Why do you think that is so great? Is the round of 32 good enough at PC? I guess it is, that must be your point. Those are low expectations for PC IMO.

I agree that Cooley has bought himself more time with this Sweet 16 run.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

That was great! Thanks Stone!!!!
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoDFF, I'm pretty sure that's a joke...
Hey Blue Man,
I took the time to respond to your post with 3 posts of my own, and I asked you a question on page 6 of this thread. Are you going to respond? Not sure why you felt the need to insult me like that.

My point is legit: prior to this year, Cooley had 6 ncaat appearances in 10 years at PC and made it to round of 32 once. Why do you think that is so great? Is the round of 32 good enough at PC? I guess it is, that must be your point. Those are low expectations for PC IMO.

I agree that Cooley has bought himself more time with this Sweet 16 run.
Contrary to popular belief I can’t read every post on this board lol. I didn’t mean that as an insult, genuinely.

Because we’re local and understand how Cooley is viewed, that comment was clearly made in jest. Just trying to help you get on the same page.

NCAA is about matchups. And if you get the wrong draw or run into a team shooting 60% from 3 (like UConn), you will lose. I don’t view the NCAA success as the sole standard of coaching success - especially when we’re talking about PC.

Had he been one and done it would’ve been a disappointment (and hilarious) for sure. But now with a real banner being hung, I think Cooley earned himself a statue and the loftiest of lifetime contracts.

Local kid grows up to be head ball coach, gets this program on the nation radar, great facilities, and consistently gets them to March. Lifetime contract with or without this weekend.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow what a fantastic interview this was , Stone is so professional at a young age kids going places and Archie answers all the right questions especially about his scheduling philosophy can’t wait for November !!!
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago

🥰🥰🥰
I don't know who was more impressive in this interview - Archie or Stone. The future looks brighter than ever!
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

OK, I will be that guy, maybe the future in the Rhody booth will be Stone and DiSano……gotta turn the page sometime……bracing for incoming.
6 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Would be a nice combo.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago OK, I will be that guy, maybe the future in the Rhody booth will be Stone and DiSano……gotta turn the page sometime……bracing for incoming.
Radio?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Chris DiSano can’t do radio full time. He’s got his day job. It would sound 500x better than present day on radio.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

I am always extremely impressed with Stone. Enjoy his play-by-play, too. He is good at this.
3 x
Big Rhody Guy
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

Was at URI with Stone and we were pretty friendly. He is just as good a person as he is an announcer. Hope URI can keep him in our orbit for a long long time... Before he inevitably pursues some national opportunities of course.
5 x
@Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah would think Stone would easily be able to do something nationally if he wants to , the guy is outstanding
6 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

They both nailed that interview. Rhody, Rhody, Rhody….
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

The new logo looks great here!
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

KevanBoyles wrote: 2 years ago They both nailed that interview. Rhody, Rhody, Rhody….
RAMS RAMS RAMS
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
The new logo looks great here!
I wasn’t crazy about it but it sure does look good there!
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I don’t know if I could be more in love with something
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Big Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago Was at URI with Stone and we were pretty friendly. He is just as good a person as he is an announcer. Hope URI can keep him in our orbit for a long long time... Before he inevitably pursues some national opportunities of course.
Stone's a natural. His interview with Archie is one hell of an audition tape. He's intelligent, articulate, knowledgeable and makes it look effortless.
5 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Great tweet. Logo looks good because it’s not GREY.
0 x
GO RAMS
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

I am not going to tell you that you hired the wrong guy, because you didn’t. However, I’ve had a tough night (lol), so I wanted to pat myself on the back for calling out Holloway as a rising star 6 weeks ago. I’d quote myself and share the post but the thread was locked.

Holloway is the effing man
Last edited by PCFriars 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
10 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

This is a rare treat for a Rhody fan. Enjoy every minute of it.

Hurley was a good, solid, up and coming coach, but this is a well established coach. We haven't really had this kind or raw excitement around here since the Harrick years. Savor this.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

jcru wrote: 2 years ago This is a rare treat for a Rhody fan. Enjoy every minute of it.

Hurley was a good, solid, up and coming coach, but this is a well established coach. We haven't really had this kind or raw excitement around here since the Harrick years. Savor this.
Yes very well said let’s enjoy the run back to prominence
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I am not going to tell you that you hired the wrong guy, because you didn’t. However, I’ve had a tough night (lol), so I wanted to pat myself on the back for calling out Holloway as a rising star 6 weeks ago. I’d quote myself and share the post but the thread was locked.

You’re not wrong. Holloway was my choice if they went for an up and coming coach instead of Miller.

I wonder if he’s a done deal at Seton Hall or if some other school will snatch him. Or if St. Peter’s will find a way to keep him.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

He's going to SH the minute after they lose.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago He's going to SH the minute after they lose.
Yep, already a done deal.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I am not going to tell you that you hired the wrong guy, because you didn’t. However, I’ve had a tough night (lol), so I wanted to pat myself on the back for calling out Holloway as a rising star 6 weeks ago. I’d quote myself and share the post but the thread was locked.

Great call PCF and congrats on a great season.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Definitely who I wanted if we couldn't get Archie. Good thing we got Archie with Holloway (I'm assuming) going to Seton Hall. Would have been a big drop off after those two
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago He's going to SH the minute after they lose.
Yep, already a done deal.
Well-deserved. Seems like a great guy and a calming presence for his team.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
steviep123
Sly Williams

It's been a week and I'm still as giddy as a kid at Christmas. From the "whispers" - to fruition! Great job by Thor and everyone at URI to land this hire and up the commitment. Also, the sheer wishing into existence from Blue Man at the beginning.
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Has anyone else caught this in today's Projo Letters to Editor? I figured these people would inevitably be coming out of the woodwork...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ram1019 wrote: 2 years ago Has anyone else caught this in today's Projo Letters to Editor? I figured these people would inevitably be coming out of the woodwork...
Yes I saw it. The ProJo mentioned this in articles about Miller’s hire. ProJo compared to Cox’ salary, compared to Professors at URI. I saw something similar to Frank Martin’s salary at UMASS.

BUT,

Nowhere do you read about the market rate for D1 Head Coach Salaries.
And ZERO mention of Ed Cooley making $3.4 million per year - and likely to go up by $1 Million or more with Sweet 16 appearance.

They say Miller is more than double Cox but no mention that Cooley is double Miller.
0 x