It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago

YES, we are in 104. But I believe the reason they did not want students in this section is because we share the section with visiting team family. I guess there were several complaints in the past.
Do you remember when (what year) students were removed from 103,104,105,106? I don’t honestly remember.

These are some of the most expensive seats. Even when we were playing to small crowds the past couple months most games were sold out. Some singles remained but Dayton, Davidson no tix available. They go for $45, $50, $55 depending on the opponent, day or whatever makes them different price.

So that would be less ticket revenue as students are the same cost regardless of where they sit.

In relocating season ticket holders out of 103, 104, 105, 106 where would they go? I’m sure upstairs but would they bump other season ticket holders out of their seats? Or just go to best available? How would it be fair to the displaced people?

At PC students are at both ends of the court.
At many college basketball games I see students are at the ends making crazy acts to impact the opponents FT Shooters. Last Davidson game 30 guys were in speedo bathing suites to distract the FTs.

Would be interesting to know how many D1 schools give students the best seats in the building. I do not know.

This subject comes up often. Maybe Scott Brand can set up a podcast with whoever can best answer seating questions and philosophy. We provide questions as always. WI-FI, replays, quality of food, students behind the benches and in 100 level sections pros and cons and why / when was the change made.

PC and UCONN have seat Licenses, like many NFL teams have.

Seat map is not accurate as 110 and part of 111 are used for media now.

9B7D1136-EF69-4E77-A8AA-0B9B178E04BD.jpeg
My original gripe is from when the Ryan Center got built. They added a fee to every student's tuition to help pay for the cost of the Ryan Center with the promise that student tickets would be wrapped around the court in the 100s to "be like Duke".
Three sides. Both end zones and one sideline
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by bigappleram »

Putting someone’s Mom next to a couple hundred drunk 20 year olds swearing at her son isn’t a good idea. We saw what happened in Bryant. So unless you move the visiting fan section it doesn’t work and it’s irresponsible to do. Tend to agree with Blue just make it an event and make it fun and it really doesn’t matter where they sit. 7k in the Ryan and it’s a massive home court advantage even with them in the end zone.
10 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Is there a link to the presser somewhere?

One question though. Do you still think PC should fire Cooley? :? :roll:
Thank-you!

Cooley IMO, has a similar resume to Rick Barnes when Barnes was at Texas, and Barnes was ultimately fired by Texas.

At Texas: 17 years...16 ncaat appearances...6 round of 64's...5 round of 32's...2 Sweet 16's...2 Elite 8's...1 Final 4

Cooley at PC...11 years...1 first four...3 round of 64's...1 round of 32...1 at least Sweet 16...2 nit's...another ncaat appearance during the covid-cancelled season.

The point that I was making is that both coaches were good during the regular season but had trouble in the ncaat, and fans get restless after a while.

Cooley has 6 ncaat appearances, but has made it to the round of 32 once and the Sweet 16 once, and IMO, he has reached his ceiling there and should be fired. Maybe he will change my mind with this year's performance.
DFF, I'm pretty sure that's a joke.

I forgive you, I know you're going through a lot at the moment :lol: .

But Ed Cooley has a lifetime contract. He will get a life-ier lifetime contract after this run.

This is PC's best team, season, and run in 25 years.

The "can't get it done" joke is now dead. Friars won the Big East - luck, schedule, or otherwise - for the first time in program history.

If Ed Cooley had the same exact results at URI, we would've built him a statue by now.

Honestly - if Ed goes to the Elite 8 he'd have a better resume than Archie did at Dayton.

The NCAA tournament is all about matchups. Get yourself a coach who can get you into the dance as many times, and eventually a draw will line up where you can make a run.

Hurley had better tourney success at URI than at UConn. He also could've had 2 final four teams at URI if one call or one seed goes that other way.

Ed Cooley may not be a great tactician/in game coach - but the dude can recruit, develop guys, get them to buy in, get them to stick around, and put the resources around the program to keep talented guys coming in. Plus he's a great guy, local, and is a great ambassador for PC. That's all part of the equation. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

My original gripe is from when the Ryan Center got built. They added a fee to every student's tuition to help pay for the cost of the Ryan Center with the promise that student tickets would be wrapped around the court in the 100s to "be like Duke".
I understand. I'm just wondering how you fix that.

This issue that the students paid for those seats comes up every year on this board. So we should go to the right person(s) to explain why the decision was made and can it be reversed. Could also explain what other schools do and how much revenue would be lost by displacing the season ticket holders currently in the 100 level seating.

Scott Brand,
Is it possible to schedule someone from Ticketing / Marketing to explain the seating philosophy, reason for the change, reserved seating of family/recruits, media, friends, VIP's behind both Home and Visitor Benches?
Or why we don't charge personal seat licenses on the seats students were moved from so students don't have to pay for seats they're not allowed to use?
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Blueman?
Yeah, he was one of the ones running The Mob back then and can better comment on the behind the scenes drama between the school and a certain member of the athletic department back then
Not going to re-hash all of that since I just feel too damn good about things at URI.

Basically when the mob had seats it was 103/104 and then the 1st section of the endzone near the band. That was the big draw for our group was that we had the best seats. So I always felt driving attendance to our group was based on having those seats.

But there was a bit of an issue with having your most rabid fans sitting directly behind 2 rows of the away team's ticket allotment. I honestly don't think we were any worse/better than what you hear in any student section around the country, but a lot of the stuff that students say goes unheard by family members/staff. I'm sure players and coaches are used to it, but it might be too much for the family members to deal with.

My thought would be to put the away fans somewhere else, but the way the arena is configured makes that harder to do.

There are a lot of programs that have seats in the 100's mid court and the atmosphere is ridiculous because of it. Pitt, Arkansas, K State, Maryland, Mich State, Gonzaga, Duke, and others.

Likewise, some arenas don't have that and have fans behind the baskets and the environment is equally great - UConn, UD, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa State, Purdue, Kentucky, Syracuse, North Carolina, Arizona, Xavier, West Virginia, New Mexico - etc.

So maybe I've come full circle on this. It's more important to have a lot of students (and beer) in the arena, than where they sit per se.

The risk is, without students on campus for a huge chunk of the year (December/Jan games, holiday weekends) you're risking having a bare spot on TV which I think is worse.

We're not a "built" program yet. We had it for the last 2 years of Hurley and the first year or two of Cox. But it takes sustained winning like what Hurley did, and what Archie will hopefully do, to make the games an "event" - but you're talking 4 years. Because every student who's at URI now hasn't seen an NCAA team. They don't have some awesome memory of a big win or anything like that. So we're starting from scratch.

What is probably due to happen is a re-seating anyways. Maybe a request for PSL fees for certain seats. Maybe just a re-alignment based on donor levels, etc. But I feel like we haven't had a re-seating since pre-Hurley.

As long as the beer is flowing and kids are showing up, I don't really think they care about being behind the baskets, and I've kind of grown to accept it. I'd rather have them all in one area though, so it's a massive wall of sound.
They probably don't mind because
A. they don't know students used to have better seats and
B. they don't know they're paying for the prime seats

I'm sorry, but this is an important subject for me. I was one of the Rhowdy Rams when the plans for the Ryan Center were taking shape. We fought long and hard to get those seats. I was in Ron Petro's office fighting for them. The students at the time refused to increase the fees we were paying to get the Ryan Center built unless we get those seats. As far as I'm considered athletics is stealing from the students by charging them for the Ryan Center bond and sticking them behind a hoop and up in the 300's. Either stop charging the students and add personal seat licenses on those seats to pay for the bond the students have been paying for or give them back the seats they're paying for
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Basically when the mob had seats it was 103/104 and then the 1st section of the endzone near the band. That was the big draw for our group was that we had the best seats. So I always felt driving attendance to our group was based on having those seats.

But there was a bit of an issue with having your most rabid fans sitting directly behind 2 rows of the away team's ticket allotment. I honestly don't think we were any worse/better than what you hear in any student section around the country, but a lot of the stuff that students say goes unheard by family members/staff. I'm sure players and coaches are used to it, but it might be too much for the family members to deal with.
This is what I remember. I was a student from 2003-2007 and remember sitting behind the away team's bench. I don't recall ever hearing anything racist/derogatory/hateful. Everything was good in-game razzing/taunting. I could hear all the f-bombs dropped during timeouts from the away team coach so if the away team fans were offended by college kids swearing then I sure hope they were equally offended by their coach who used the same words.

It really was a shame that they took those seats away from the students.
4 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

YES, we are in 104. But I believe the reason they did not want students in this section is because we share the section with visiting team family. I guess there were several complaints in the past.
Do you remember when (what year) students were removed from 103,104,105,106? I don’t honestly remember.

These are some of the most expensive seats. Even when we were playing to small crowds the past couple months most games were sold out. Some singles remained but Dayton, Davidson no tix available. They go for $45, $50, $55 depending on the opponent, day or whatever makes them different price.

So that would be less ticket revenue as students are the same cost regardless of where they sit.

In relocating season ticket holders out of 103, 104, 105, 106 where would they go? I’m sure upstairs but would they bump other season ticket holders out of their seats? Or just go to best available? How would it be fair to the displaced people?

At many college basketball games I see students are at the ends making crazy acts to impact the opponents FT Shooters. Last Davidson game 30 guys were in speedo bathing suites to distract the FTs.

Would be interesting to know how many D1 schools give students the best seats in the building. I do not know.

This subject comes up often. Maybe Scott Brand can set up a podcast with whoever can best answer seating questions and philosophy. We provide questions as always. WI-FI, replays, quality of food, students behind the benches and in 100 level sections pros and cons and why / when was the change made.

You keep saying "give". The students aren't being given anything, they are paying for the seats they've been displaced from. That was the deal, students would pay one third the cost of the Ryan Center over 30 years for those seats. The students are paying, athletics isn't living up to their end of the bargain
and the other 6000+ they aren't displaced from or does that agreement specifically call out those few sections behind the visiting bench? who's fact checking that? I call 'not it'. It'd be interesting to see the language on that though.

Can't win 'em all, got the coach, don't got the seats.

in any event, I can't believe the seat location for a 'free' ticket in the lower bowl would influence a student THAT much as to would they go or not go to a game when they more than likely have no knowledge of this agreement that was written before they were born. now, performance of the team on the court, THAT will influence kids to get beer'd up, roll down the hill and go to a game.
1 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago

I remember that run and they beat us in the A10 semis in a war

We lost to Stanford in the NIT after we won a game
Wasn't it the Stanford game where Hurls pulled a world class nutty on the officials? Waving his jacket around, losing it?
Yes, and rightfully so. That was a hose job and a half.

We lived in the paint that year for our scoring and couldn't buy a call. Meanwhile any time we played defense it was a whistle for breathing on Stanford.

They shot 49 f'ing free throws that game. 49! They "outscored" us at the line by 24 points, in a game decided by 9 but was closer than that.

We had 35 fouls to their 21.

It was almost as bad as the no call at Duke (because God forbid someone beats precious Coach K at home, but at least Jimmy made them his b**ch) or UNC blatantly tripping Ulmer at the end of the NIT game again with no call costing us the W
Pull up the footage...if I'm recalling correctly, no one "rightfully so" acts like that under any circumstances on a basketball court. Pretty sure he later admitted it was embarrassing and a turning point. Like I said...it was an uber-nutty.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Wasn't it the Stanford game where Hurls pulled a world class nutty on the officials? Waving his jacket around, losing it?

We lived in the paint that year for our scoring and couldn't buy a call. Meanwhile any time we played defense it was a whistle for breathing on Stanford.

They shot 49 f'ing free throws that game. 49! They "outscored" us at the line by 24 points, in a game decided by 9 but was closer than that.

It was almost as bad as the no call at Duke (because God forbid someone beats precious Coach K at home, but at least Jimmy made them his b**ch) or UNC blatantly tripping Ulmer at the end of the NIT game again with no call costing us the W
Pull up the footage...if I'm recalling correctly, no one "rightfully so" acts like that under any circumstances on a basketball court. Pretty sure he later admitted it was embarrassing and a turning point. Like I said...it was an uber-nutty.
Not much of a turning point. The St Joe's nutty was the very next season.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

OK, can we please keep on topic -- the introduction of Archie Miller as head coach.

Chat about student seating could have its own thread, so feel free to launch one.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

49 FTs to 21 was an injustice no wonder why DH blew a fuse
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Watched some of Archie’s introductory presser at Indiana and a few other interviews when he took the job. A couple of interesting points.
He likes to have an open scholarship to have flexibility if something presents itself during the year. I would expect a max of 12 scholarship players. He said 9-10 guys get playing time max and the other players can be unhappy unless they understand their role - mentioned having a roster spot for a redshirt or two.

Said he would like to play a game against Sean (that was IU vs Arizona). Hopefully that transfers to Rhody vs Xavier.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years agoSaid he would like to play a game against Sean (that was IU vs Arizona). Hopefully that transfers to Rhody vs Xavier.
Might have to be a one way game at Xavier or a neutral game, I doubt X would want a home and home. I can't think of the last time X did a home and home with an A10 school. Maybe Sean makes an exception.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

49 FTs to 21 was an injustice no wonder why DH blew a fuse
Yep, still can't do that. But, back on topic, Archie. I haven't seen it personally, but I bet Arch can get a bit cranked up, too.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Watched some of Archie’s introductory presser at Indiana and a few other interviews when he took the job. A couple of interesting points.
He likes to have an open scholarship to have flexibility if something presents itself during the year. I would expect a max of 12 scholarship players. He said 9-10 guys get playing time max and the other players can be unhappy unless they understand their role - mentioned having a roster spot for a redshirt or two.

Said he would like to play a game against Sean (that was IU vs Arizona). Hopefully that transfers to Rhody vs Xavier.
Where ya been 83? Missed seeing your posts.
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago

If the students take the 100s they’d have to move some season ticket holders, right?

So as to replays....I heard it is not the Ryan Center that is the problem, it is the A10 who doesn't want replays.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years agoSaid he would like to play a game against Sean (that was IU vs Arizona). Hopefully that transfers to Rhody vs Xavier.
Might have to be a one way game at Xavier or a neutral game, I doubt X would want a home and home. I can't think of the last time X did a home and home with an A10 school. Maybe Sean makes an exception.
I’d say there’s just a liiiiiitle bit of a difference with this A10 school now.

Also, Xavier kinda stinks as a program now. (Yes I know we have too).

No tourneys, not even .500 in conference the last 4 years for X.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I know this is a little thing, but I think it matters. I love that Archie was all about his family. Spoke about it publicly and privately at the presser. His wife and daughter and the support he gets from them.

He was lock step with Morgan coming down the hallway. I thought that said something about the kind of man you want leading your program.

Juxtapose that against Willard’s arrival in Maryland. God, we hit the jackpot with Archie.

2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The fan base will turn on Williard once he fails
0 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Hi Ramster, I have been swamped with podcasts and I am putting a lot of time working on Silk’s podcast Sunday and then Kenny Green and I will be doing a special podcast where we each pick a first team of players whose numbers should be retired.

But after that I will identify the best person who is dedicated to running ticket sales. I will keep you posted and feel free to catch me on Twitter @scottbrand or Facebook on URI Getting Started.

I appreciate all your interest in the podcasts and my short term goal is to interview Tom Ryan at some point.

Cheers Scott Brand
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Watched some of Archie’s introductory presser at Indiana and a few other interviews when he took the job. A couple of interesting points.

Welcome back bud
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
I’d say there’s just a liiiiiitle bit of a difference with this A10 school now.

Also, Xavier kinda stinks as a program now. (Yes I know we have too).

No tourneys, not even .500 in conference the last 4 years for X.
Whatever. I’d go there and play them even without the return. If they would come here that would be great but if they won’t I’d still play them anyways.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

sbrand wrote: 2 years ago Hi Ramster, I have been swamped with podcasts and I am putting a lot of time working on Silk’s podcast Sunday and then Kenny Green and I will be doing a special podcast where we each pick a first team of players whose numbers should be retired.

But after that I will identify the best person who is dedicated to running ticket sales. I will keep you posted and feel free to catch me on Twitter @scottbrand or Facebook on URI Getting Started.

I appreciate all your interest in the podcasts and my short term goal is to interview Tom Ryan at some point.

Cheers Scott Brand
Scott,
Thank you. No rush at all. It’s a long way til November. Just had the idea since so many have questions and/or concerns about student seating, Wi-Fi, replays, lack of quality home OOC games, etc. maybe coikd talk some about the Tournament next Thanksgiving week that now looks to be more exciting. As you always do, request questions in advance from posters that make the podcasts so good.
0 x
IwasInStLouis
Jim Eitner

Unread post by IwasInStLouis »

The fundraising/hype tshirt should read

Smart. Hard. Fast. Together…..It’s Miller Time

$25 a shirt in Keaney blue and proceeds go to the basketball program!! Won’t break the bank but an extra 5k could help!

Let’s go!!
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Great idea do we have any designers in the KB community? I'd buy that shirt.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Make it $100 a shirt. Really show that you back the team!
1 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

**taps on mic**

is this thing still on? it's been a while
2 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

damram wrote: 2 years ago Make it $100 a shirt. Really show that you back the team!
Make it Plaid

Keaney Blue Plaid!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

twisted3829 wrote: 2 years ago **taps on mic**

is this thing still on? it's been a while
Dude! Where you been???
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago 83 and twisted are here again?

Yeah, but where's DCRAMS/TJRAMS :lol: :lol: :lol: . Welcome back 83 and Twisted!
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

My hope is that Archie gets kids out of high school, they stay for 3 years, then they transfer.......to the NBA.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Great words from Sean. But, oh well, it doesn't look like we'll be playing X any time soon.
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

3 x
Common sense is not common.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Great words from Sean. But, oh well, it doesn't look like we'll be playing X any time soon.
Great words from Sean indeed , looks like we got a great one in Arch
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Is the kid from Rhody Vault on this board?

Tremendous account, churns out a ton of great content.
0 x
Go Rhody
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Is the kid from Rhody Vault on this board?

He’s not. I told him about it - he grew up in southern RI and went to South Kingstown High with me. I let him know about the board and will try and get him to make an account.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Section104 wrote: 2 years ago

He’s not. I told him about it - he grew up in southern RI and went to South Kingstown High with me. I let him know about the board and will try and get him to make an account.
I've never seen so much consistent content for Rhody.

Old clips, tons of interviews, all seeming to pop up one after another.
2 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…..Hey twisted……same ole same ole here for the most part, sometimes great thoughts and convo, and then the sewer……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoDFF, I'm pretty sure that's a joke.

I forgive you, I know you're going through a lot at the moment :lol: .

But Ed Cooley has a lifetime contract. He will get a life-ier lifetime contract after this run.

This is PC's best team, season, and run in 25 years.

The "can't get it done" joke is now dead. Friars won the Big East - luck, schedule, or otherwise - for the first time in program history.

If Ed Cooley had the same exact results at URI, we would've built him a statue by now.

Honestly - if Ed goes to the Elite 8 he'd have a better resume than Archie did at Dayton.

The NCAA tournament is all about matchups. Get yourself a coach who can get you into the dance as many times, and eventually a draw will line up where you can make a run.

Hurley had better tourney success at URI than at UConn. He also could've had 2 final four teams at URI if one call or one seed goes that other way.

Ed Cooley may not be a great tactician/in game coach - but the dude can recruit, develop guys, get them to buy in, get them to stick around, and put the resources around the program to keep talented guys coming in. Plus he's a great guy, local, and is a great ambassador for PC. That's all part of the equation. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.
No, no it's not a joke...if you are a longtime head coach at a school that is aspirational, sooner or later you need to start showing some progress in the ncaat.

I can guarantee you that if PC had lost in the round of 64 or 32 this year, fair or not, they would have a lot of restless fans. The line of thought would be: this guy has been here for 11 years, we have had 7 ncaat bids with him as hc, and we have made it to the round of 32 once or twice.

He wouldn't be King Ed with great job security if they had lost in the round of 64 or 32.
0 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Heck, look at Calipari at UK, there are a lot of UK fans where I live, and some of them are not happy with Calipari, some of them are pissed.

The Miller's and Calipari's are longtime family friends btw. John Calipari and Sean and Archie and Archie's dad go way back, the Miller's are from Pittsburgh, Calipari is from the Pittsburgh area.
Last edited by daytonflyerfan 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoHonestly - if Ed goes to the Elite 8 he'd have a better resume than Archie did at Dayton.
How do you figure that?

Archie at UD: 6 years, 1 nit, 2 round of 64's, 1 round of 32, and 1 Elite 8.

Cooley at PC: 11 years...1 first four...3 round of 64's...1 round of 32...1 at least Sweet 16...2 nit's...another ncaat appearance during the covid-cancelled season
0 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Archie beat Ed in the round of 64 the one year when Archie was at UD, the game was played in Columbus, Ohio, Ed, if I recall correctly, complained that UD had an unfair home court advantage.

UD was an 11 seed IIRC, Columbus is a 71 mile drive from Dayton. I suppose there's some truth to that bit about home court advantage, but UD played in the first four that year IIRC, so they had less rest.
Last edited by daytonflyerfan 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I emailed him also last night and told him about this board , his name is Nathan , hopefully he checks it out and I agree his content is outstanding
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 2 years ago Archie beat Ed in the round of 64 the one year when Archie was at UD, the game was played in Columbus, Ohio, Ed, if I recall correctly, complained that UD had an unfair home court advantage.

UD was an 11 seed IIRC, Columbus is a 71 mile drive from Dayton. I suppose there's some truth to that bit about home court advantage, but UD played in the first four that year IIRC, so they had less rest.
And you had no bigs lol

That season was one of the better coaching jobs I've ever seen

MAN am I excited for Archie!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I emailed him also last night and told him about this board , his name is Nathan , hopefully he checks it out and I agree his content is outstanding
How can one be such a huge Rhody Hoop fan and not know about this place? It’s not like he’s Computer illiterate.
4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

How can one be such a huge Rhody Hoop fan and not know about this place? It’s not like he’s Computer illiterate.
I don't think we require an account to read, right? If that's the case, I'm sure he checks it out from time to time, but might not post. (I have at least one friend who's the same way.)
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah I think there are alot of lurkers that never post. Especially alot of the new comers probably lurk for the first year maybe two.
0 x