It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Press Conference.

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago Happy to finally be here Blueram! It’s been a new experience for me the past 2-3 years being physically limited and at home but you all sure do entertain! Especially the game threads! Those threads, especially this past season as the losses piled up, were wild. Can’t beat that Rhody passion!
Welcome jdrums looking forward to your posts
I second that reef!

Reef, what a pleasant chap you are!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago Happy to finally be here Blueram! It’s been a new experience for me the past 2-3 years being physically limited and at home but you all sure do entertain! Especially the game threads! Those threads, especially this past season as the losses piled up, were wild. Can’t beat that Rhody passion!
Welcome jdrums looking forward to your posts
I second that reef!

Reef, what a pleasant chap you are!
Thanks Peter, Go Rhody !!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago How can I watch this online???? Surely it's going to be streamed somewhere....
My guess is WPRI 12 might stream it live to their website.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago How can I watch this online???? Surely it's going to be streamed somewhere....
Ok, I’ll check. Thanks
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
Or maybe even broadcast it live...wth else do they have to show at that time?
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Will someone ask him if he'll promise to beat the mental hospital?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

From today's Boston Globe Rhode Map:

⚓ Governor Dan McKee will attend the 10:30 a.m. announcement of URI men's basketball hiring Archie Miller as its next coach.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Press Conference will be live-streamed on both wpri.com and the official Rhode Island Rams Facebook page.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'm assuming it'll be recorded as well so people can watch it when they have the chance.
0 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago Press Conference will be live-streamed on both wpri.com and the official Rhode Island Rams Facebook page.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Mods - maybe update the thread title to indicate the streaming options?
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Mods - maybe update the thread title to indicate the streaming options?
There we go!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by PeteRI »

Great news - can't wait!! Anything to keep PC off the news for a change.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Mods - maybe update the thread title to indicate the streaming options?
There we go!
That's an even better headline!
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m. (Stream available!)

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hope we get a better pic of Archie. He looks pretty mean in the one we're using. Although I did read somewhere that he got his nickname because his family thought he reminded them of Archie Bunker. ATP, why don't you ask him about that? :D
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Agreed about the photos used in the school media and also on Projo. One would think Archie’s team would supply some good shots for the school to use. But let’s not worry about such things. Rejoice!

This place is almost full already and will be packed by 1030. The empty chairs are reserved for team, family and staff.
44E0BC97-2A9F-42C9-8927-F041879B1BA6.jpeg
4 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Thanks for the great pic! Can you list the KB'ers who are there - or would they prefer to maintain their anonymity? :)
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago
No Twins?
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Familiar faces in the pic! Watching on FB Live - (a bit of a ride from NH on a Monday). We ALL need to find a way to support this program ($$$$). Any dollar amount helps and matters!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Coach Tammi Reiss front and center.

Plenty of other noteworthy and distinguished guests from RI State government, etc.

Venue is at standing room capacity in advance of Coach Archie Miller’s formal introduction to the University and State of Rhode Island.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The sun is a little brighter today. The sky is a little bluer. Man, IS THIS EXCITING!!!
7 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Coach Tammi Reiss front and center.

Plenty of other noteworthy and distinguished guests from RI State government, etc.

Room is at capacity in advance of Coach Archie Miller’s formal introduction to the University and State of Rhode Island.
And Tammi’s staff is there
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I'm here at home by myself clapping like a giddy kid at Christmas!
7 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

Gov McKee: "There is no better place to watch basketball in the country than the Ryan Center!"
9 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I'm here at home by myself clapping like a giddy kid at Christmas!
Same
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Bjorn thanked Parlange and board chair cook saying, "Without them we would not be here today, I promise you that."
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

"I'm not coming to compete for the top 3 in the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing" - Thorr quoting what Miller said on the phone.
8 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Love what Archie's saying.
3 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Very moving words from Archie... Tears. Freaking love that jacket too! I need one!
8 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Glad to see I'm not alone in clapping from home!
5 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Love how he's talking about attitude!
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

see Koch's replies - Samb and Martin are now there.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago Very moving words from Archie... Tears. Freaking love that jacket too! I need one!
Keaney Blue Plaid gonna be a thing!
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Miller: "The Rhody fanbase is fantastic. I took the brunt of it." Got some chuckles.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

"Not a better person I've been around than Ed Cooley. But on game night it's a different story."
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

"We have to make URI Basketball an event people want to come to!"
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

Closing line:

"We're more grateful to be here I think than you are to have us"

Great press conference! Can't wait!
5 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Sox1
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Sox1 »

I forget the exact quote already, but I love how he said that the defining word for this program will be "fast".
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

We’ll, he won the press conference!
8 x
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

I just wish any reporter q/a was live streamed. But I'm sure we'll hear from the usual suspects on twitter.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Goosebumps.. very impressive.. let's go Rhody..
2 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Watched press conference no volume closed caption.
Can feel the new vibe reading the word. He said it straight!
Great Great Hire!
NEW ERA AT RHODY!!!
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Overwhelming in a great way. The intro, the quotes, the jacketttt. Everything!
7 x
GO RAMS