It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It's Miller Time - Introductory Press Conference Monday, March 21 at 10:30 a.m.

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Does anybody have any details? I know it's tomorrow at 10 at the Welcome Center? Is it open to the fans? I've never been to the new Welcome Center. Does it have a large enough room to accommodate a large group of people? I'm thinking about heading up, but only if I know that I can get into the presser to watch it.

SG EDIT: I've updated the topic title, and at least as of Monday morning, it will be available to stream on Channel 12's website:

Coach Miller's address:

Full Event Facebook Broadcast
1 x
Ramball
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: Press Conference.

Unread post by Ramball »

The press conference is by invitation only. If you have not been invited, you will not be allowed into the Welcome Center until all invited guests have been seated. At that point they will allow others to enter the building and attend the presser.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Should be broadcast live...if it was the Rick, you know it would be. ;)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I wish they would have had it at the RC (or was it Keaney?) like they did with Dan. That was a great event.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Ramball wrote: 2 years ago The press conference is by invitation only. If you have not been invited, you will not be allowed into the Welcome Center until all invited guests have been seated. At that point they will allow others to enter the building and attend the presser.
This is very disappointing news and means that we're not holding the event in the proper venue. I was planning on going to show my support but I'm not going to take vacation time just to risk getting shut out
6 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I hope it’s streamed live and recorded. I would also love to hear the full story some day of how it came to be. Like how Tammi Reiss became women's coach.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I wish they would have had it at the RC (or was it Keaney?) like they did with Dan. That was a great event.
Yea, Hurley’s was in Keaney.

Don’t understand why they wouldn’t hold Archie’s there as well.
3 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm still going to go and try and get in. Took the day off already. Might as well enjoy it!
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The Welcome Center is a very nice facility and has a large room on the south end of building that may be able to hold at least 200 people. It has all the latest video and sound equipment in place to handle such an event. It also has facilities for food and beverage service. It was not in place when Hurley was named coach.

There is a large visitor parking lot just east of building that is accessible from Briar Lane.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

If possible please post the link to the press conference here thanks
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Don't think they'll turn anyone away unless it's a capacity issue.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

I know we have a new welcome facility, but this is the hire of a new basketball coach. As one of the 300 hundred or so people, maybe more, that was in the stands at Keaney to see Hurley's press conference which was an awesome event, I have no idea why they would make this invitation only and have it in the welcome center.

They had a section of chairs on the court at Keaney for Hurley that was for "your invitation" only people, then everybody else was in the stands. That worked perfectly. Why would you want to turn away anybody that wants to attend this event?

The only thing I can think of is they may be concerned about the image if less people show up in the same venue, which I think would be the case, for this press conference than for Hurley's. I could see that being bad optics, and that might be the reason for the venue change.

But in the wide scheme of things surrounding this hire, it is a minor issue, but one that can irritate a fan, or a student, if they planned on attending. I was not this year, but I would be frustrated if I planned on going.

They should at least announce the capacity of the room for this event (it may be 200 if people are standing with no platform area, it might be quite a bit less for this set up), and how many invitations were sent. At least that way, people would have an idea if they would be able to get in or not.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago I know we have a new welcome facility, but this is the hire of a new basketball coach. As one of the 300 hundred or so people, maybe more, that was in the stands at Keaney to see Hurley's press conference which was an awesome event, I have no idea why they would make this invitation only and have it in the welcome center.

They had a section of chairs on the court at Keaney for Hurley that was for "your invitation" only people, then everybody else was in the stands. That worked perfectly. Why would you want to turn away anybody that wants to attend this event?

The only thing I can think of is they may be concerned about the image if less people show up in the same venue, which I think would be the case, for this press conference than for Hurley's. I could see that being bad optics, and that might be the reason for the venue change.

But in the wide scheme of things surrounding this hire, it is a minor issue, but one that can irritate a fan, or a student, if they planned on attending. I was not this year, but I would be frustrated if I planned on going.

They should at least announce the capacity of the room for this event (it may be 200 if people are standing with no platform area, it might be quite a bit less for this set up), and how many invitations were sent. At least that way, people would have an idea if they would be able to get in or not.
Let the people who made this happen have their special event. I'm happy they made this happen and I'll be there to support the team at the games.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Small potatoes if we’re complaining about not being able to attend a press conference.

Commit to showing up to games. And commit to donating to the program. The school is finally throwing weight behind our investments. Fans need to do the same.

Perks of giving to the program, you can get an invite to these types of things. (Link in signature)
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Image
Looks like the might need to replace a window pane or two now that we have a new ram head logo
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

What are the chances Archie throws out this phrase? :D

2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Small potatoes if we’re complaining about not being able to attend a press conference.

Commit to showing up to games. And commit to donating to the program. The school is finally throwing weight behind our investments. Fans need to do the same.

Perks of giving to the program, you can get an invite to these types of things. (Link in signature)
Yeah, I'm not complaining. I'll show up and if I get in great. If not, I'm going to the Mews. Also donated again.
5 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The press conference is open to the public, but the room can only hold so many people. There will be seats for about 100 people but space for another 100. They have no idea how many people will show up, so my advice if you want to attend, show up EARLY!
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I am also puzzled why they selected the Welcome Center. The place is a beehive of activity and is the main congregating point for prospective students and their parents prior to campus tours which are scheduled for that day. The presser should last about an hour. but it may have to clear out quickly because of other events. Who knows.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Another piece of info - I was told that driving north on I-95 there is a billboard saying RhodyNation welcomes Archie Miller with a picture of him.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago I know we have a new welcome facility, but this is the hire of a new basketball coach. As one of the 300 hundred or so people, maybe more, that was in the stands at Keaney to see Hurley's press conference which was an awesome event, I have no idea why they would make this invitation only and have it in the welcome center.

I agree - but on a Monday morning you never know if you can get a crowd. Better to have 120% of capacity and a line outside to show your new coach how much everyone cares, than risk having 10% capacity at keaney and a lot of empty seats.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Another piece of info - I was told that driving north on I-95 there is a billboard saying RhodyNation welcomes Archie Miller with a picture of him.
That is awesome!
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Paid for by Dunkin
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago What are the chances Archie throws out this phrase? :D

Classic !! We’re going to build a championship culture and do it the right way !!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago What are the chances Archie throws out this phrase? :D

Classic !! We’re going to build a championship culture and do it the right way !!
Remember it’s all about the process.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Another piece of info - I was told that driving north on I-95 there is a billboard saying RhodyNation welcomes Archie Miller with a picture of him.
Yes that was tweeted out yesterday.

Looks good.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

I agree - but on a Monday morning you never know if you can get a crowd. Better to have 120% of capacity and a line outside to show your new coach how much everyone cares, than risk having 10% capacity at keaney and a lot of empty seats.
Not if you are one of the people in the line and then can’t get in.

And why then did Hurley have his in Keaney? Maybe because he cared that everyone got in who wanted to get in? Maybe he cared about the attendees more than he did the perception of empty seats?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

And why then did Hurley have his in Keaney? Maybe because he cared that everyone got in who wanted to get in? Maybe he cared about the attendees more than he did the perception of empty seats?

Archie has been here for a cup of coffee and we already have people throwing backhanded shade at him.

Just incredible.
4 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Archie has been here for a cup of coffee and we already have people throwing backhanded shade at him.

Just incredible.
Said by the guy who said the day before the announcement we would be hiring Grasso.

PC Troll please stop.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I actually hope I can't get in and there are 300 people in front of me. Ramster, show up at the Mews after and I'll buy you a limoncello.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just incredible.
Said by the guy who said the day before the announcement we would be hiring Grasso.

PC Troll please stop.
…sorry I was wrong on guessing who’d we hire?

…sorry for thinking we wouldn’t pay up, seeing how we literally never have.

You’re such a petty clown calling people a PC fan every time they call you out on your bullshit.

You just insinuated Archie cares more about empty seats and doesn’t care about the attendees.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just incredible.

PC Troll please stop.

You’re such a petty clown calling people a PC fan every time they cal you out on your bullshit

You just insinuated Archie cares more about empty seats and doesn’t care about the attendees.
You are insinuating Archie made the decision on where to hold it. You have no idea.

One thing for sure is you will not be in attendance. Just like you sat home Friday night to watch the NCAA instead of supporting Tammi Reiss and her team.

You are not a URI fan. You are a troll. You have been caught over and over and over.

Now you are already trolling our new Head Coach. Must hurt that URI’s fortunes are looking up.

Get lost. Your act is old and painful.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There are multiple billboards throughout the state at various locations:

Rte 95 North - Warwick (by Viessmann)

Route 10 - Cranston (before Reservoir Ave exit)
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PC Troll please stop.

You’re such a petty clown calling people a PC fan every time they cal you out on your bullshit

You are insinuating Archie made the decision on where to hold it. You have no idea.

One thing for sure is you will not be in attendance. Just like you sat home Friday night to watch the NCAA instead of supporting Tammi Reiss and her team.

You are not a URI fan. You are a troll. You have been caught over and over and over.

Now you are already trolling our new Head Coach. Must hurt that URI’s fortunes are looking up.

Hahahahhaah you are batshit delusional. I kinda feel bad.

How many people here went to watch our women's NIT team over the mens NCAA tournament?

I can GUARANTEE you the overwhelming majority here did not attend the women's NIT game. Guarantee.
1 x
Go Rhody
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Small potatoes if we’re complaining about not being able to attend a press conference.

As stated, in the grand scheme of things this is a nothing burger, but I thought the contrast between Keaney for Hurley and the Welcome Center for Miller was interesting, and was trying to figure out why. And Obadiah is right about this being used for student visits, etc. I was there 3 years ago on a tour with my daughter.

And what is the giving level to be at to get an invite, does anybody know? My giving has gone down the last couple of years, will not lie, but still would think it would be in the top 200 or so. I am sure there are plenty of people that donate that did not get an invite.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago

As stated, in the grand scheme of things this is a nothing burger, but I thought the contrast between Keaney for Hurley and the Welcome Center for Miller was interesting, and was trying to figure out why. And Obadiah is right about this being used for student visits, etc. I was there 3 years ago on a tour with my daughter.

And what is the giving level to be at to get an invite, does anybody know? My giving has gone down the last couple of years, will not lie, but still would think it would be in the top 200 or so. I am sure there are plenty of people that donate that did not get an invite.
4Diffs gets a limoncello at the Mews as well! See you tomorrow!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ramster maybe I'm being tricked here but I'm totally lost on how Rhody15 is a troll? I know he gets annoyed at like 97% of things on here and hated Jermaine Harris. What I don't know is how he's a PC fan. I've been a fan of Rhody since the day I was born and I also thought we wouldn't pay up and would end up with a coach like Grasso or Langel. I'm not sure how that makes 15 a PC fan?? Do we have any proof? I'm all for calling out any PC troll!!!
8 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster maybe I'm being tricked here but I'm totally lost on how Rhody15 is a troll? I know he gets annoyed at like 97% of things on here and hated Jermaine Harris. What I don't know is how he's a PC fan. I've been a fan of Rhody since the day I was born and I also thought we wouldn't pay up and would end up with a coach like Grasso or Langel. I'm not sure how that makes 15 a PC fan?? Do we have any proof? I'm all for calling out any PC troll!!!
I’m a PC troll according to him because I don’t agree with 100% of his opinions and posts.

It’s really that simple.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster maybe I'm being tricked here but I'm totally lost on how Rhody15 is a troll? I know he gets annoyed at like 97% of things on here and hated Jermaine Harris. What I don't know is how he's a PC fan. I've been a fan of Rhody since the day I was born and I also thought we wouldn't pay up and would end up with a coach like Grasso or Langel. I'm not sure how that makes 15 a PC fan?? Do we have any proof? I'm all for calling out any PC troll!!!
I’m a PC troll according to him because I don’t agree with 100% of his opinions and posts.

It’s really that simple.
I am not the only poster here that has said it.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It’s really that simple.
I am not the only poster here that has said it.
You initiated it, and people just followed along.
0 x
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

4Diffs wrote: 2 years ago

There has been conflicting info whether or not there have been invites. You can assume of course the Boards for the University and Foundation have invites, but not certain if their is a “donor” invite list.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Has any KBer been invited? Chime up.
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

I was there

How many people here went to watch our women's NIT team over the mens NCAA tournament?

I can GUARANTEE you the overwhelming majority here did not attend the women's NIT game. Guarantee.
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I spent Thursday at Mohegan and Friday at a fine establishment in RI watching NCAA Tournament games all day both days. I'm no longer a URI fan, I guess.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Different strokes for different folks. It took me years to join KB after lurking for years. But, you all finally drew me in! And, thankfully, I have time to chime in now. That wasn’t the case in the past as family and work obligations took the bulk of my time. But, I was no less a fan then than I am now. Go Rhody!
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago Different strokes for different folks. It took me years to join KB after lurking for years. But, you all finally drew me in! And, thankfully, I have time to chime in now. That wasn’t the case in the past as family and work obligations took the bulk of my time. But, I was no less a fan then than I am now. Go Rhody!
Welcome to the circus :D
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

How can I watch this online???? Surely it's going to be streamed somewhere....
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Happy to finally be here Blueram! It’s been a new experience for me the past 2-3 years being physically limited and at home but you all sure do entertain! Especially the game threads! Those threads, especially this past season as the losses piled up, were wild. Can’t beat that Rhody passion!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago Happy to finally be here Blueram! It’s been a new experience for me the past 2-3 years being physically limited and at home but you all sure do entertain! Especially the game threads! Those threads, especially this past season as the losses piled up, were wild. Can’t beat that Rhody passion!
Welcome jdrums looking forward to your posts
0 x