Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Unread post by KingstonLane »

College basketball is such a joke sometimes

We, as the viewers, just got a 5 minute lecture why Mark Few deserved a technical for pointing to the Jumbotron. How it’s unacceptable, bad for the game, just can’t have it.

Beyond soft
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Reef there are millions of entries. I couldn't believe it.
That’s just insane
That IS cool. Is there any money she can win?
He can win a 2023 Acura Integra. Pretty cool.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago College basketball is such a joke sometimes

We, as the viewers, just got a 5 minute lecture why Mark Few deserved a technical for pointing to the Jumbotron. How it’s unacceptable, bad for the game, just can’t have it.

Beyond soft
We live in wussifying times...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago College basketball is such a joke sometimes

Beyond soft
I missed it as I’m watching St Peters vs Murray State.
What happened that Few deserved a Technical? Did you think he did?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

St Peters trying to join Florida Gulf Coast and Oral Roberts U as the only teams to make the Sweet 16 as 15 seeds

St Peters up by 5 with 330 left
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 2 years ago St Peters trying to join Florida Gulf Coast and Oral Roberts U as the only teams to make the Sweet 16 as 15 seeds

St Peters up by 5 with 330 left
15-seed St Peters will play the winner of Texas / Purdue as they just beat 7-seed Murray State 70-60.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Holy St Peters

I swear this tournament is the best thing created
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Holy St Peters

I swear this tournament is the best thing created
If Willard gets the Maryland gig, this would delay SH in announcing Holloway.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

That dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow! Shaheen Holloway is no Joke and will make Seton Hall even better in the Big East. The Big East is going to be something special the next few years. Hurley, Miller, McDermott, Jay Wright, Cooley, Shaka, Holloway and if my Johnnies and some how steal Pickell next year look out. I know no one wants to hear how good the big east is but could you imagine if Archie gets us going with this new found commitment and we are extended an invite. We would all jump! I know this is just a dream and will probably never ever happen but this makes its interesting. Dayton and St. Louis are most likely next in but if we start smacking them up who knows. Its a race to the top and nobody wants to be left behind. This puts us in the game.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago That dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow! Shaheen Holloway is no Joke and will make Seton Hall even better in the Big East. The Big East is going to be something special the next few years. Hurley, Miller, McDermott, Jay Wright, Cooley, Shaka, Holloway and if my Johnnies and some how steal Pickell next year look out. I know no one wants to hear how good the big east is but could you imagine if Archie gets us going with this new found commitment and we are extended an invite. We would all jump! I know this is just a dream and will probably never ever happen but this makes its interesting. Dayton and St. Louis are most likely next in but if we start smacking them up who knows. Its a race to the top and nobody wants to be left behind. This puts us in the game.
:shock: I have no words for this post.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

No point in being haters. Can only play the team in front of you.

Tip the cap. Great season friars. Our time is coming.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago That dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow! Shaheen Holloway is no Joke and will make Seton Hall even better in the Big East. The Big East is going to be something special the next few years. Hurley, Miller, McDermott, Jay Wright, Cooley, Shaka, Holloway and if my Johnnies and some how steal Pickell next year look out. I know no one wants to hear how good the big east is but could you imagine if Archie gets us going with this new found commitment and we are extended an invite. We would all jump! I know this is just a dream and will probably never ever happen but this makes its interesting. Dayton and St. Louis are most likely next in but if we start smacking them up who knows. Its a race to the top and nobody wants to be left behind. This puts us in the game.
Pump the breaks cap…. We don’t even have a roster that can compete in the A10 right now lol
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Looks like Memphis is running out of gas here , Zags will probably survive and advance
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

MTK4L wrote: 2 years ago
Pump the breaks cap…. We don’t even have a roster that can compete in the A10 right now lol
Just having some fun. I'm well aware of what we are and what is realistic. theblueram is just mad it wasn't Grasso! lol
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago
MTK4L wrote: 2 years ago

Just having some fun. I'm well aware of what we are and what is realistic. theblueram is just mad it wasn't Grasso! lol
:shock: I have no response. Maybe you should go to bed.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago No point in being haters. Can only play the team in front of you.

Lol wait, you’ve said for YEARS you hate PC more than anything, we should all hate PC, that’s what makes a rivalry great, etc.

All of a sudden you’re going back on what you’ve preached and yelled at people to the high heavens about all these years?

Nah. Can’t be doing that after how you’ve acted about hating them.

I agree 100% with your PC thoughts, this post just contradicts everything you’ve ever posted regarding them.

F PC, forever and always. As it should be.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

But on the other side LIRAM, seems you are a troll. Thanks for outing yourself.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago But on the other side LIRAM, seems you are a troll. Thanks for outing yourself.
On my way after this last game. Sorry I offended you and upset you with my wacky take. Again just having fun no reason to make it personal. Feel free to read my post history. I'm a Graduate who loves the Rams and the program from the first day I stepped on Campus in 1989. I certainly would not consider myself a troll or trying to troll anyone on here. Just trying to add to the discussions.
2 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Somebody check on Blue Man. They replaced him with a robot but it gave itself away because they didn't program the personality module properly. Maybe the human one is still alive in a pod somewhere.
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago No point in being haters. Can only play the team in front of you.

Lol wait, you’ve said for YEARS you hate PC more than anything, we should all hate PC, that’s what makes a rivalry great, etc.

All of a sudden you’re going back on what you’ve preached and yelled at people to the high heavens about all these years?

I agree 100% with your PC thoughts, this post just contradicts everything you’ve ever posted regarding them.

Technically he hates UMass more than anything. I think what people have suggested is that you are a PC troll. And this is just the sort of double agent shenanigans a sleeper cell would post! J'Accuse!

Robots and spies everywhere. This forum really has gone to the dogs.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

KB After Dark continues to be just a wild, wild place
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Nah puck has it right - I hate UMass way more.

I feel so good after the Archie hire and URI committing to basketball that I just don’t have room for hate.

I would rather both URI be good, irrelevant of what our rival does.

I was rooting for a spectacular NCAA collapse from the friars and it didn’t happen. They had a great season. They’ll hang a banner. And I know some PC fans (a very small minority) who actually went there and love them like I love Rhody. So there’s a part of me that’s happy for them and I can’t wait for our turn.

Literally up is down, down is up, finkle is einhorn.

I just feel so good about URI right now it’s tough for me to be negative.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

I feel so good after the Archie hire and URI committing to basketball that I just don’t have room for hate.

I was rooting for a spectacular NCAA collapse from the friars and it didn’t happen. They had a great season. They’ll hang a banner. And I know some PC fans (a very small minority) who actually went there and love them like I love Rhody. So there’s a part of me that’s happy for them and I can’t wait for our turn.

Not sure if you and the majority here will agree, but I’ve always subscribed to rising tides lift all boats with PC.

Do I go out of my way to root for them game in and game out? Of course not.

But their relevance on a national stage draws eyeballs to the smallest state in the country. If URI, PC and Bryant could all be perennial contenders in their respective conferences i view that as a good thing
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago

Not sure if you and the majority here will agree, but I’ve always subscribed to rising tides lift all boats with PC.

But their relevance on a national stage draws eyeballs to the smallest state in the country. If URI, PC and Bryant could all be perennial contenders in their respective conferences i view that as a good thing
Yeah this is an area where i agree and tend to catch a lot of shit here.

I think Cooley is a masterful troll and the “big East doesn’t run through Kingston” line is just meant to rile us up. He knows what he’s doing.

Plus he’s a good dude. Was good to Dan and to Dave, and is buddies with Arch.

He does things the right way. He’s a local dude. I obviously want URI to beat the shit out of them every year. But for the country to have college basketball eyes on this state is great. And for those very few PC fans that went to school and care like we do, I’m legitimately happy for them. Most of the mouthbreating losers didn’t go to PC, or really any school. So f them. But I see so much of myself in certain fans that live and die with the friars I can’t help but be happy.

I hated PC the year the ducked us and rooted for them to lose every game. They pretty much did and it was hilarious. Otherwise, I think it’s good for URI and the state when we’re both good.

I want to be great. I’d rather we be great without using PC as a measuring stick.

We finally started to invest in basketball. And what PC is achieving is a direct result of their investments as well.

Can’t wait for our time, so I’m just channeling good vibes.
5 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I think Cooley is a masterful troll and the “big East doesn’t run through Kingston” line is just meant to rile us up. He knows what he’s doing.

He does things the right way. He’s a local dude. I obviously want URI to beat the shit out of them every year. But for the country to have college basketball eyes on this state is great. And for those very few PC fans that went to school and care like we do, I’m legitimately happy for them. Most of the mouthbreating losers didn’t go to PC, or really any school. So f them. But I see so much of myself in certain fans that live and die with the friars I can’t help but be happy.

I hated PC the year the ducked us and rooted for them to lose every game. They pretty much did and it was hilarious. Otherwise, I think it’s good for URI and the state when we’re both good.

I want to be great. I’d rather we be great without using PC as a measuring stick.

We finally started to invest in basketball. And what PC is achieving is a direct result of their investments as well.

With all that being said Blue Man, I still can't bring myself to ever root for PC.
6 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

With all that being said Blue Man, I still can't bring myself to ever root for PC.
It's not so much rooting for PC, it's more of a general indifference to them now
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That's ok, there's time to work on it. Go Friars.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I’m not saying I’m rooting for them per se, just happy for them. Can’t say I’m rooting against them either.

Just a cool story for the people who care like we do.

Our time is coming.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Having a home run hire and real commitment from the university to athletics has really upped my joy in not just URI basketball, but it has upped my joy of watching this tournament and beyond knowing we’ll be part of it soon. I’m not sure what that says about me lol

As for PC I’ve been pretty indifferent to them for a few years now outside the ducking incident of last year. While I was rooting for Richmond it was more rooting for the A10 team than against pc. I really don’t pay much attention to what pc does outside of our yearly game with them as they are just another team. I guess with 2 kids under 7 I barely have time to focus on me own team, let alone another.

That said I do have some co workers who are both uconn and pc alums who root for uri for me so I’ll be happy for them. Anyway if pcs special season this year was a factor in helping uri to get off their arses and up the commitment then I’ll also be thankful for that.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago But on the other side LIRAM, seems you are a troll. Thanks for outing yourself.
On my way after this last game. Sorry I offended you and upset you with my wacky take. Again just having fun no reason to make it personal. Feel free to read my post history. I'm a Graduate who loves the Rams and the program from the first day I stepped on Campus in 1989. I certainly would not consider myself a troll or trying to troll anyone on here. Just trying to add to the discussions.
sorry LIRAM. too much hooch last night.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I’m convinced the Friars excellent season put pressure on us to step up our game and showed a new President how impt our mbb program is to the visibility of the school. So thanks Friars.
7 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago I’m convinced the Friars excellent season put pressure on us to step up our game and showed a new President how impt our mbb program is to the visibility of the school. So thanks Friars.
Great point.

Rising tide raises all boats. Everyone in RI being good definitely helped.
4 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

sorry LIRAM. too much hooch last night.
No worries. It's all good. Wild ride for me too...
RHODY RHODY RHODY
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 2 years ago Yeah I know he's said the right things in the past, but odds Cooley is coaching himself out of town? Can see one of the true blue bloods with an opening making an offer he can't refuse.

Not sure about that. He grew up there. HIs family seems to be happy. He apparently owns a lot of real estate and he is a King in Providence. He has more money than he needs. I don't think he is going anywhere. I grew up a PC fan and would always root for them as long as it didn't hurt URI, but will never root for them again until Cooley is gone.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m old enough to remember when daytonflyerfan said PC needs to fire Cooley.
1 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Some of you guys are getting soft in your old age. I enjoy a good PC loss as much as a good URI win. Still. And yes, I am petty about this subject, and always will be. Sue me!
4 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago Some of you guys are getting soft in your old age. I enjoy a good PC loss as much as a good URI win. Still. And yes, I am petty about this subject, and always will be. Sue me!
Absolutely.

All of a sudden, everyone here is indifferent/cheering/happy for PC.

4 months ago it was “ah f them, they ducked up, I hate them, will never want them to do well.”

Just funny to me how that works.
3 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago Some of you guys are getting soft in your old age. I enjoy a good PC loss as much as a good URI win. Still. And yes, I am petty about this subject, and always will be. Sue me!
Absolutely.

4 months ago it was “ah f them, they ducked up, I hate them, will never want them to do well.”

Check the receipts on my end. Been very consistent except for the ducking year.

It’s better when we’re both good.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Absolutely.

PC is in the Sweet 16 and we finished under .500 for the second consecutive season.

(Yes I know we just made a 10/10 hire.)
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Absolutely.

PC is in the Sweet 16 and we finished under .500 for the second consecutive season.

(Yes I know we just made a 10/10 hire.)
Correct. So we’ll be back and good shortly. We finally have our house in order, not going to hate the friars for finally doing something legit and bringing eyes to RI.

It’s a higher profile game in December now.

The whole knock on the friars was the NCAA success. They’ve finally achieved it. Tip the cap. What more can you say?
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Also I’ll just add, if/when we’re both good, everyone here will complain we’re getting shafted and not enough/equal media coverage as PC.

Give me us great, them shitty, every single year.
1 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Absolutely.

4 months ago it was "ah f them, they ducked up, I hate them, will never want them to do well."

It's better when we're both good.
Ya, Blueman has always said he likes it better when PC and URI are good... I agree. The best games in the history of our rivalry are when both teams are potential tournament teams. It helps our tournament resume if we beat a good PC team... If they beat Kansas, they will shut up all the haters saying they are lucky. But, they will lose..

I like Cooley a lot. Cooley invited my nephew to watch PC practice this year. He talked to my nephew in his office after the practice and told him what it takes to get to the next level. An incredible experience for him.

Archie is going to coach circles around Cooley very soon. I still can't believe that we likely made the best hire in the country.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am rooting for PC to lose cuz I admit I am jealous of their season and sweet 16 berth but I tip my cap to them for their great season

That said I’m guessing they are going to lose most of their veteran team so they could easily be a middling BE team next year with no postseason
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Also I’ll just add, if/when we’re both good, everyone here will complain we’re getting shafted and not enough/equal media coverage as PC.

That's always one of the funnest parts, people arguing about newspaper coverage. Newspapers. Good times.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago I am rooting for PC to lose cuz I admit I am jealous of their season and sweet 16 berth but I tip my cap to them for their great season

That said I’m guessing they are going to lose most of their veteran team so they could easily be a middling BE team next year with no postseason
Not so fast, my friend. One word. PortalPalooza.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Go to hell Friars.
Fixed it for you.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Absolutely.

Everyone?
Sounds like you have a reading comprehension problem.

But go ahead, keep putting bait on your Ed Cooley Autographed Fishing Rod and Hook that he gave you to troll the URI Keaney Blue Message Board.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Absolutely.

Everyone?

But go ahead, keep putting bait on your Ed Cooley Autographed Fishing Rod and Hook that he gave you to troll the URI Keaney Blue Message Board.

Ah look at you!

Calling me a PC fan in one post, and saying I can’t comprehend in another.

People speak in absolutes in life (and on this forum) to get their point across, sorry I didn’t count the exact number of people.

Remember when you thought Al Durham wouldn’t make an impact and we’d go 25-6 this season?

You’re quite knowledgeable in the game of basketball, aren’t ya?
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Also I’ll just add, if/when we’re both good, everyone here will complain we’re getting shafted and not enough/equal media coverage as PC.

That's always one of the funnest parts, people arguing about newspaper coverage. Newspapers. Good times.
Mrs. 74 right there.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Absolutely.

Everyone?

Ah look at you!

Calling me a PC fan in one post, and saying I can’t comprehend in another.

People speak in absolutes in life (and on this forum) to get their point across, sorry I didn’t count the exact number of people.

Remember when you thought Al Durham wouldn’t make an impact and we’d go 25-6 this season?

You’re quite knowledgeable in the game of basketball, aren’t ya?
Rhody15 was a seat mate in 211 for a year. He was there every game. Sure he's brash, but he is a fan.
0 x