Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Re: Men's Postseason Tournament Talk 2021-22

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Happy to see Baylor lose though I don't usually root for UNC. But those last minutes were unreal as the refs gave Baylor all those breaks. Make no mistake UNC did play awful in those closing minutes and that big UNC dude missing three of four FT's was the only reason the game went into OT.
UNC got a clear break at 2:02 left in OT when the ball clearly went off a UNC player but they kept possession, and Baylor was fouled shooting a 3 with a few seconds left.

So Baylor did not all the breaks down the stretch.
Interested to know if that should have been a foul on the 3. It happened the same way in the Celtics/Mavs game last Sunday. Smart took a 3 with 9 seconds left to tie the game. The defender, Doncic, hit his fingers after the ball was released. The ref called a foul, but the Mavs asked for a review. The announcers were convinced it was a no brainer foul, but the refs overturned the call and said no foul. The expert ref in the booth said if Doncic hit Smart's wrist it would have been a foul, but not the fingers after the ball is released. Not sure if the college rule may be different.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Happy to see Baylor lose though I don't usually root for UNC. But those last minutes were unreal as the refs gave Baylor all those breaks. Make no mistake UNC did play awful in those closing minutes and that big UNC dude missing three of four FT's was the only reason the game went into OT.
I never root for UNC, but did today also. Pretty strange seeing UNC as the underdog
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 2 years ago
UNC got a clear break at 2:02 left in OT when the ball clearly went off a UNC player but they kept possession, and Baylor was fouled shooting a 3 with a few seconds left.

Interested to know if that should have been a foul on the 3. It happened the same way in the Celtics/Mavs game last Sunday. Smart took a 3 with 9 seconds left to tie the game. The defender, Doncic, hit his fingers after the ball was released. The ref called a foul, but the Mavs asked for a review. The announcers were convinced it was a no brainer foul, but the refs overturned the call and said no foul. The expert ref in the booth said if Doncic hit Smart's wrist it would have been a foul, but not the fingers after the ball is released. Not sure if the college rule may be different.
I saw that too in the Celts game they overturned it and I was pissed , ref in the booth explained the high 5 rule
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Thought NC was toast when it went to OT.

This tourney is wacky...good luck to chalk bettors, they're taking a beating.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Kansas can be on upset alert here
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago Do all fan bases talk about the refs this much? Seems like every game that’s on there is very little commentary about the basketball and a lot of the refs, particularly who they are screwing over.
I don't know what this take is. Everyone on the internet is complaining about everything pretty much all the time. Refs included.

But if your question is "were other basketball boards/social media specifically commenting in a negative way on the officiating during the Davidson/MSU and Baylor/UNC games?" the answer is "Yes, ubiquitously".

Edit: Just to add that it wasn't just Davidson or UNC fans.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn it will Richmond ever hold a lead in this one ??
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Michigan-Tenn is a much better game.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Damn it will Richmond ever hold a lead in this one ??
Doubt it. I called this, Richmond running out of gas. Hope I'm wrong, lots of time left. But PC hitting on all cylinders currently.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago Do all fan bases talk about the refs this much? Seems like every game that’s on there is very little commentary about the basketball and a lot of the refs, particularly who they are screwing over.
I don't know what this take is. Everyone on the internet is complaining about everything pretty much all the time. Refs included.

But if your question is "were other basketball boards/social media specifically commenting in a negative way on the officiating during the Davidson/MSU and Baylor/UNC games?" the answer is "Yes, ubiquitously".

I don’t even like refs and think they are mostly terrible. It just seems like disproportionate amount of the commentary about games here - our games and other games - is focused on the officiating.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago

I don’t even like refs and think they are mostly terrible. It just seems like disproportionate amount of the commentary about games here - our games and other games - is focused on the officiating.
What percent is allowable? Seems many games have no comments about officiating. Posters tend to self regulate on officiating. PlayMikeMotenMore always makes me think about if and what I might post about officiating. And I say that in a respectful, complimentary way.
As some have said, sons of the questionable calls have been across the board - doesn’t seem like any more or less than what I’m seeing in the media.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

What percent is allowable?
12%
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn it PC shooting so darn well I am sick
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

What percent is allowable?
12%
HAH!. TP, did you shake your magic 8 ball and get 12%? That made me laugh. Thanks for that.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Well that was pathetic. I was hoping to celebrate an unlikely Richmond upset by eating a victory zeppole. Now I have no choice but to seek refuge from my disappointment by eating a comfort zeppole.
7 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

The replay clearly showed it was an airball. No contact no foul.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago

The replay clearly showed it was an airball. No contact no foul.

Yes, it was an airball because his arm was hit.
0 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago Well that was pathetic. I was hoping to celebrate an unlikely Richmond upset by eating a victory zeppole. Now I have no choice but to seek refuge from my disappointment by eating a comfort zeppole.
You have a zeppole. All is right with the world.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago Well that was pathetic. I was hoping to celebrate an unlikely Richmond upset by eating a victory zeppole. Now I have no choice but to seek refuge from my disappointment by eating a comfort zeppole.
This is Richmond’s 6th game in 8 days. A lot of basketball to play at a high level. Seems like Gilyards legs caught up with him.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Maybe Richmond can make a run they were down 15 to us twice and 15 to Dayton in the A10 tournament
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Maybe Richmond can make a run they were down 15 to us twice and 15 to Dayton in the A10 tournament
Well we’re us, and Dayton is a young team who lost their starting point guard.

PC is very experienced and a bruising team.

Can’t compare.
0 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Maybe Richmond can make a run they were down 15 to us twice and 15 to Dayton in the A10 tournament
Fingers crossed. Can PC keep up this shooting? Maybe...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Think it’s over 22 point lead so disgusted thank god Archie coming
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

This was just as I expected. I would have been shocked if Richmond won. They are already happy with how their played out now. Everything just keeps setting up for PC nicely. They have a one seed in Kansas up next that is not even close to the Kansas team URI beat in 98.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Richmond isn’t good.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Richmond’s gassed. PC will be in the Sweet 16. But they’ll face Kansas.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Pc played South Dakota stake who’s best win was against a local reservation, and then a 6th place A10 squad.
0 x
GO RAMS
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Richmond is not a very good team and PC had an easy path. There are only 2 BE team left.
PC vs Kansas. We will see how good PC really is
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

No doubt they are having a lucky year. Whatever. Let's beat the bag out of them next year.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

OTOH, this Michigan/Tenn game is tight.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The St Mary’s- UCLA game is pretty good so far.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago This was just as I expected. I would have been shocked if Richmond won. They are already happy with how their played out now. Everything just keeps setting up for PC nicely. They have a one seed in Kansas up next that is not even close to the Kansas team URI beat in 98.
Lol are we really at the point of comparing 2022 Kansas to 1998 Kansas?

Cannot say anything “broke PCs way” after this game when they’re playing the 3rd overall ranked team in the tournament.

If PC beats Kansas it will be a legitimate, huge win.
2 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Embaronsing for the A10.

Credit Richmond for getting the 1st A10 win in the NCAA Tournament Thursday night since URI in 2018 but tonight’s performance is rough.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago This was just as I expected. I would have been shocked if Richmond won. They are already happy with how their played out now. Everything just keeps setting up for PC nicely. They have a one seed in Kansas up next that is not even close to the Kansas team URI beat in 98.

Cannot say anything “broke PCs way” after this game when they’re playing the 3rd overall ranked team in the tournament.

I said that this Kansas team isn’t close to the 98 Kansas and think PC can beat them. Most of it has to do with the fact that I have to deal with PC fans that go out of their way to laugh at URI even when their team is doing well and they shouldn’t even be thinking about us. Things definitely brown their way most of the year and they took advantage of it as they played teams with injuries and snuck out wins they shouldn’t have won. Getting SD Dakota State and Richmond isn’t bad either. Give them credit, but it makes me sick!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

I said that this Kansas team isn’t close to the 98 Kansas and think PC can beat them. Most of it has to do with the fact that I have to deal with PC fans that go out of their way to laugh at URI even when their team is doing well and they shouldn’t even be thinking about us. Things definitely brown their way most of the year and they took advantage of it as they played teams with injuries and snuck out wins they shouldn’t have won. Getting SD Dakota State and Richmond isn’t bad either. Give them credit, but it makes me sick!

Yes, everything did break their way this season, including playing goddam Richmond in the second round.

They now have a healthy, fully loaded, #3 ranked blue blood in the Sweet 16.
0 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

That says more about them. Instead of enjoying a great season they are more interested in a “non rival” 30 miles south. It’s quite pathetic.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Yes, everything did break their way this season, including playing goddam Richmond in the second round.

They made the Sweet 16. It doesn’t matter if they lose at this point. All gravy which puts all the pressure on Kansas
4 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

That says more about them. Instead of enjoying a great season they are more interested in a “non rival” 30 miles south. It’s quite pathetic.
Maybe, but it is tough to listen to. At least we got the Ram mascot on the commercials this year. PC could win it all and they wouldn’t want to put the Friar on.
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

They made the Sweet 16. It doesn’t matter if they lose at this point. All gravy which puts all the pressure on Kansas
And honestly Kansas did not look great today at all.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The worm will turn. It is remarkable how much they've had go their way this year, but that kind of stuff happens sometimes when you put yourself in a position to take advantage of it.
7 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

On a different note with New Mexico State playing tonight-whatever happened to Jermaine Harris after he got on the Aggies roster? I know it was said he never enrolled and was wondering if anyone heard where he was? He was my favorite recruit coming into URI outside of Lamar Odom and Terrell. I thought he was going to be the next big star for URI. I still couldn’t believe by the third year that he wasn’t going to just turn into the dominate player we all thought he would be.
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Yeah I know he's said the right things in the past, but odds Cooley is coaching himself out of town? Can see one of the true blue bloods with an opening making an offer he can't refuse.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

I never root for UNC, but did today also. Pretty strange seeing UNC as the underdog
Baylor took out my already sinking bracket. I’m now just a bystander
1 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

You have a zeppole. All is right with the world.
Original Italian Bakery mmmmm
2 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

A decimated Creighton team took Kansas to the wire. Not exactly early UCLA. This tourney has been great so far. Don’t think it’s a blow out either at. But my brackets are shot so what do I know.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

My daughters friend had the number 1 bracket on ESPN this morning.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago My daughters friend had the number 1 bracket on ESPN this morning.
Wow that’s incredible and I bet there’s tons of entrants

Fight St Peters fight !!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago My daughters friend had the number 1 bracket on ESPN this morning.

Fight St Peters fight !!
Reef there are millions of entries. I couldn't believe it.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Fight St Peters fight !!
That’s just insane
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Fight St Peters fight !!
That’s just insane
That IS cool. Is there any money she can win?
0 x